shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

Had a quick look at that. Correct me if im wrong but i just take the init lines for the wounding system, put them in InitPlayerLocal.sqf, put that in my mission and voila ?

IF you are using MCC's MP mission, yes and don't forget to comment the line in the init.sqf. (you have to open the PBO to do this)

If you are using the MOD version of MCC, then what you need is to put the revive script that you want. (Don't forget to put a start point because if not you will respawn right by your dead body)

Got it working however im getting the God mode bug that seems to be a problem with this script. Going to try pass it on to the maker of the original script.

I think you start reading the first page of MCC so you have an idea what this is about. Secondly, the dictionary does not return anything in Weaps. :)

well i meant WEAPONS:(

Why ever would you want to do THAT?

Because in MCC Sandbox 4 when you press save to .sqm and goto notepad it saves the entire list of items in the mission rather than the last things you just added and not including the stuff already in the mission.sqm

Prolly better to ask spirit6 or shay_gman to have a option to include everything in the latest version. I'm sure they could put in a checkbox etc. Or you could learn how to add them manually into mission.sqm. It really isn't that difficult.

Thanks for the reply

I know how to add stuff into the mission.sqm, the problem with mcc sandbox 4 for me is that it includes everything in the sqm when you paste it into notepad even things already in your mission, thats not a bad thing but it loses all the settings you have for each item.

I am editing a altis life sqm.

It was MCC Sandbox 3 i was using

Edited by WilcoGamer

Yes he replied and said he would add it into the next update...

In the meantime anyone have MCC Sandbox 3 still in there download folder ? I know its a long shot

Because in MCC Sandbox 4 when you press save to .sqm and goto notepad it saves the entire list of items in the mission rather than the last things you just added and not including the stuff already in the mission.sqm

As a workaround, you could probably:

1. Create/preview an empty mission in the editor

2. Use MCC to add units, etc.

3. Save SQM to clipboard

4. Create a new mission called import (or just create a folder) -- which you can re-use

5. Create/open mission.sqm and paste contents clipboard

6. Open target mission and chose merge

The only downside of the above is that you don't have the other editor units visible when creating the MCC entities.

Hey, im trying now to build missions with your tool. ThX, it looks like i could now start with this. But i have some questions. when i export to mission.sqm i just create a mission.txt, paste the code in and rename it so sqm. load it in arma3 again and export it to multiplayer mission right?

All markers and so on get lost?

Is it possible to export also headless client ai placed on the map? my clan is using HC and i want to get the best performance for the mission and animate others to use also mcc cause HC integration is so easy.

Is Gaia working with "Headless Client"?

Is Gaia working with ASR AI (by Robalo)?

Headless Client when joinen is killing a civilian slot, so i need to setup 2 civ slots so he can enter the second one.

With the new design its quite different to your tutorial missions. i even dont found how to control the C130 :-/ Are you planing to add more tutorials in the future? i would love to see some new ideas and how to create a hole mission with it.

Thx for your work, i tried some things around in arma2, im using it a very long time now ;)

Yes you can export nonLocal object (HC) to the sqm or MCC save.

GAIA is working on server side mostly by issue WP, HC should be ok with that.

It should work but keep in mind to many mods doing more or less the same thing will lead to some colission and might effect your gameplay. But you'll have to test and find out as I don't have a clue.

Turorials are planned but for the AC-130 there is already one. You can find all of them here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTOsyO6tKRf8mgqk9xZLCAQ

Hi guys! I really love MCC, we've had some pretty amazing sessions thanks to it, and it's really really cool that you keep improving it so fast. I especially like the random mission generator and the GAIA implementation. The .sqm export is just great too. Thanks a lot for all of it!

Now, I have some questions:

Is the Zeus compatibility with MCC, as shown in this

, already implemented in the latest MCC release?

Finally, when on a MP mission (one of the players as server, NOT dedicated servers) I have run into the following problem:

When a player tries to start Zeus (by following these steps: 1. Login to MCC, 2. Close MCC Console and 3. Press Y, the Zeus button) several things can happen:

1. If the player trying to be Zeus is a client, not the host, Arma 3 freezes right after pressing Y and the process has to be killed from the task manager. No error message is delivered. This happens when nobody else is logged in to MCC or Zeus.

2. If the player trying to be Zeus is the host, he can login to MCC and be Zeus generally without a problem, although once or twice we have had the same problem as above.

This only happens in multiplayer, but not when I preview the missions in the editor. It happens regardless of who the host is. We use several mods (alive, CBA, weapon resting...), but we have tried in BIS-created coop missions (Headhunters in Stratis) and have encountered the same problem. We have tried with the latest MCC version available at PlayWithSix and also downloaded from this thread, and the same happend.

Do any of you have any clue what the problem can be?

Thanks a lot!

Yes Zeus compatible with MCC.

I don't know if it is releated to MCC as all it does is assigning the mission maker to the MCC_curator (the logic side curator).

Still not working.. I place a zone, spawned a single unit and still can not see the unit when I switch to Zeus. I have an up to date MCC I've un installed and re installed many times and using a vanilla Zeus mission with no addons except for MCC. Am I literally the only one having this issue??

Don't use the Zeus template. Try open a new mission without Zeus presets in it and let me know how things are working for you.

what waitunitl would be needed in the init to wait for mcc to be initialized and synced with the server?

MCC_initDone = true;

Yes he replied and said he would add it into the next update...

In the meantime anyone have MCC Sandbox 3 still in there download folder ? I know its a long shot

I believe we'll have a release tonight.

As a workaround, you could probably:

1. Create/preview an empty mission in the editor

2. Use MCC to add units, etc.

3. Save SQM to clipboard

4. Create a new mission called import (or just create a folder) -- which you can re-use

5. Create/open mission.sqm and paste contents clipboard

6. Open target mission and chose merge

The only downside of the above is that you don't have the other editor units visible when creating the MCC entities.

Awesome i will try for now

I believe we'll have a release tonight.

Excellent news! thankyou!

Question regarding objects, placed by MCC:

I placed a chair with MCC, exported to SQM and finally made a mission. Not I attach a "sit down" script to that chair. When it starts, it sets the position of the player to the position of the chair and turns him around. Problem is: It seems to loose Z... again. So is this a MCC related problem or not?

Complete script:

// By [FEC] 7xCore
// Version 1.4

_fch = _this select 0;
_player_id = _this select 1;

_arrayAnim = ["HubSittingChairA_idle1",
"HubSittingChairA_idle2",
"HubSittingChairA_idle3",
"HubSittingChairA_move1",
"HubSittingChairB_idle1",
"HubSittingChairB_idle2",
"HubSittingChairB_idle3",
"HubSittingChairB_move1",
"HubSittingChairC_idle1",
"HubSittingChairC_idle2",
"HubSittingChairC_idle3",
"HubSittingChairC_move1",
"HubSittingChairUA_idle1",
"HubSittingChairUA_idle2",
"HubSittingChairUA_idle3",
"HubSittingChairUA_move1",
"HubSittingChairUB_idle1",
"HubSittingChairUB_idle2",
"HubSittingChairUB_idle3",
"HubSittingChairUB_move1",
"HubSittingChairUC_idle1",
"HubSittingChairUC_idle2",
"HubSittingChairUC_idle3",
"HubSittingChairUC_move1"
];

_random_anim = floor(random 23);
_string_animext = _arrayAnim select _random_anim;

//Funktion damit es bei BIS_fnc_MP geht

[[_player_id,_string_animext],"execChAnimGlobal"] spawn BIS_fnc_MP;
_player_id setPos (getPos _fch);
_player_id setDir ((getDir _fch) - 180);
// _player_id setpos [ (getPos _fch select 0), (getPos _fch select 1), ((getPos _fch select 2)-0.6)];

_action = _player_id addaction ["Aufstehen", "chairup.sqf"];

I notice with this version which didnt happen with previous versions if i place a billboard for example and sink it into the ground a little... i go into editor on preview and its sunk into the ground... the moment it goes on the server it isnt sunk into the ground

Anyone else having this issue ?

Yes you can export nonLocal object (HC) to the sqm or MCC save.

GAIA is working on server side mostly by issue WP, HC should be ok with that.

It should work but keep in mind to many mods doing more or less the same thing will lead to some colission and might effect your gameplay. But you'll have to test and find out as I don't have a clue.

Turorials are planned but for the AC-130 there is already one. You can find all of them here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTOsyO6tKRf8mgqk9xZLCAQ

Thx for the info but i cant get HC with sqm export. HeadlessClient dont work if spawned direct at mission start or do him?

Is this normal? http://abload.de/img/arma32014-04-2614-35-3tqst.jpg (351 kB)

I tried with HeadlessClient around with about 300 ai, and all players had the problem that while they are moving they have 10-12fps less then when they dont move. Dont know where this come from. Server had most time 35-50fps / 24cps, HC had 50fps.

Just spotted this while doing a missions debug

File mcc_sandbox_mod\mcc\dialogs\mcc_3dTasks.hpp, line 139: '/MCC3D_Dialog/controls/MCC_3dTasksControls/Controls/MCC_3dTasksCompletedCombo.idc': Missing ';' at the end of line

hey guys :)

SJ

VAS is disabled for the mod version you should add it manually to your mission inorder to call it from MCC. On a side note i've PM Tonic to get his approvel of making a custum VAS for MCC if I get it. It will be on next update if not you'll have to wait till I find the time to build something like that from the buttom up.

Ok, good to know. Hope Tonic approves :)

Bug? Placing backpacks from group "backpacks" with 3D editor result in the backpacks being placed somewhere nearby. Placing again and again puts them in some kind of grid. Also CTRL+X doesn't work.

Hi There,

is it possible to use trigger from MCC to add unit from zeus ?

thank you! :-)

Thx for the info but i cant get HC with sqm export. HeadlessClient dont work if spawned direct at mission start or do him?

Is this normal? http://abload.de/img/arma32014-04-2614-35-3tqst.jpg (351 kB)

I tried with HeadlessClient around with about 300 ai, and all players had the problem that while they are moving they have 10-12fps less then when they dont move. Dont know where this come from. Server had most time 35-50fps / 24cps, HC had 50fps.

Any units started by Mission.sqm will be created on the server by default. There is no way without scripting to get them automatically spawned at the HC.

So even though mcc might spawn them on the hc, after export to mission.sqm they will quite likely be spawned at the server.

To move a unit from server to hc after spawn a script based on setowner command would be needed I believe.

Thanks Guys - restricted ID's works !!! :)

Happy doesn't cut it... and the autozeus implimentation is brilliant...

interested to know why Zeus doesn't see units that are already on the map ? is that a known bug/issue ?

SJ

Im lost, i dont know what im doing wrong. last week i made my first tests with mcc and Headless client (spawnt 300ai on hc perfectly) but it dont work anymore and i cant get it working :( :( :( No spawning on the Hc possible anymore.

make 1 slot for me, 2 slots for civ. Hc join the server, he will eat up 1 slot after 5sec. and then i need to slot him in to the second slot. or if i'm fast i move him directly to 1 of the 2 civ slots and he wont eat a slot anymore. Then i start the mission, create a new zone, select NATO infatrie 1 soldier and select to spawn on HC. Message appear: ID 5 blah blah in zone 1", Conntaction server ...." and nothing happens. Same with spawn on mapclick, said "Unit spawned" but nothing happens.

I only use cba, mcc and tfr addons both on server and client and hc. on the map only zeus, mcc modul placed. zeus is working. mcc is synct with the player.

here the 2nd Part *.rpt of HC:

http://pastebin.com/bEjFCmU6

2nd: Trigger with zone movement is bugged? I want Nato from Zone1 to attack Zone2, if everyone is killed in Zone2, Nato should attack Z3 and so on. So i do trigger with "move Z1 over Z2" and a trigger "If Z2 no CSAT, move Z1 over Z3". Is this a good way to do that? Now if i move a zone in a trigger this zone go invisible until the trigger is activated. This way i cant to a complete mission run with triggers and save this to a profil.

3rd: How to delete zones? In Multiplayer we have big problems with sync between players. 2 players have access to mcc, when 1 player is making a zone and move it, the other player wont see this if he log in :-/

*edit*

When i call a supply drop, these Helicopters spawn on HC, but i still cant spawn normal infantrie on HC. Is this a CBA problem? this is the only mod i had updated the last week :-/

Edited by Numrollen

I notice with this version which didnt happen with previous versions if i place a billboard for example and sink it into the ground a little... i go into editor on preview and its sunk into the ground... the moment it goes on the server it isnt sunk into the ground

Anyone else having this issue ?

Bump also has the new version been released yet ?