shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

You have to have the picture in picture (PiP) video setting enabled.

Did you double click on the text window you want displayed?

@Shay and spirit.

Thanks for the detailed explanation. Another suggestion.How about MCC somehow identifies essential groups(or group amounts needed to NOT call reinforcements) and disables cacheing for them automatically.such as HVTs etc

The idea here is from a mission designers perspective,with a built mission with ALOT of units pre placed or mission wizard placed,the mission designer wouldnt need to spen alot of time going through each unit to cache and not cache certain groups.They could just click and hold and scroll across entire map,click cache and start mission.

It might seem lazy i know lol just an ease of use function.

But of course i understand new features and bug fixes come first.

Im pretty sure any idea the community comes up with though,you guys have prolly already been thinking about it ;)

Thanks for the video, Spirit6! And meanwhile, another question has been born: What parameters decide if GAIA will move my units (created a zone manually, placed units manually - "spawn in zone", some on defensive, some on aggressive) on to a generated mission (But it's generated in a zone I made). All squads are under her control, including mine. Sometimes our units start moving to the generated mission, and sometimes they just patrol our zone, without acknowledging the existence of the mission.

And a suggestion: AI vehicle units sometimes get stuck in towns (running into a wall, backing up, ramming the wall again). I wonder if MCC could detect that somehow (like, units haven't moved for 30 seconds, despite having a waypoint far away, and not in combat), and un-stuck them?

I dont know what it is you ask. Units operate in the zone you give them (setup for). If they are agressive then they can get attack orders outside the zone they operate in.

Thanks for the video spirit6 ... have a good rest mate !

Thanks man!

Did you double click on the text window you want displayed?

@Shay and spirit.

Thanks for the detailed explanation. Another suggestion.How about MCC somehow identifies essential groups(or group amounts needed to NOT call reinforcements) and disables cacheing for them automatically.such as HVTs etc

The idea here is from a mission designers perspective,with a built mission with ALOT of units pre placed or mission wizard placed,the mission designer wouldnt need to spen alot of time going through each unit to cache and not cache certain groups.They could just click and hold and scroll across entire map,click cache and start mission.

It might seem lazy i know lol just an ease of use function.

But of course i understand new features and bug fixes come first.

Im pretty sure any idea the community comes up with though,you guys have prolly already been thinking about it ;)

Sounds like the WIP Caching works now. I have implemented a filter system that is completely Work In Progress. If you want we can have soem teamspeak tealk when i return. We are easily found (just click on the MCC nights link in my signature).

Currently i am finishing another part, namely AI respawn. It makes it possible to give a number to an AI group. They will then respawn when they die on the spot they have been initialy spawned or found on mission launch. This would make it possible to simulate waves of enemy's attacking a position. As they memorize their zone, they start moving again:)

But now, back on track. Kids are home from school so its ARMA OFF time :)

I dont know what it is you ask. Units operate in the zone you give them (setup for). If they are agressive then they can get attack orders outside the zone they operate in.

Thing is, they don't get attack orders from outside of their zone half of the time. Sometimes, when I generate a mission on the other side of the map, units from my zone get orders to move to that distant, enemy zone. And sometimes they don't. I don't get what decides if they stay 'home' or go on a mission.

Thing is, they don't get attack orders from outside of their zone half of the time. Sometimes, when I generate a mission on the other side of the map, units from my zone get orders to move to that distant, enemy zone. And sometimes they don't. I don't get what decides if they stay 'home' or go on a mission.

Please take a look at the first video. It handles responses to threat. GAIA will not send out to attack, what is not needed.

Edited by spirit6

Alright, sorry for misunderstanding. I must have achieved an "attack on another zone" state by accidentally assigning some of my units into the enemy zone before I completely understood the UI.

Sounds like the WIP Caching works now. I have implemented a filter system that is completely Work In Progress. If you want we can have soem teamspeak tealk when i return. We are easily found (just click on the MCC nights link in my signature).

Currently i am finishing another part, namely AI respawn. It makes it possible to give a number to an AI group. They will then respawn when they die on the spot they have been initialy spawned or found on mission launch. This would make it possible to simulate waves of enemy's attacking a position. As they memorize their zone, they start moving again:)

But now, back on track. Kids are home from school so its ARMA OFF time :)

Good video spirit! That AI respawn is a genius idea. It could simulate a seemingly huge ongoing battle.Very interested in seeing that indeed.BIS had something like that in alpha if i remember correctly dont know what they were thinking taking it out.Combine it with GAIA,i see great things for ARMA3 with open ended huge battles and mcc in the future.

You guys are making great progress.

Much appreciated.

@Spirit - thanks for the video .. great work

Great vid Spirit. Certainly brings a bit more clarity to the amazing MCC/GAIA system.

thanks

As i tried to spawn a Ammocrate in a first floor of a civilian house the crate falls from 1st floor to the ground floor. Maybe it was an Mission issue, i m not sure.

Shay and spirit, is there an easy way to integrate inidb(i) seamlessly into MCC, so that a server reset will bring everything back as it was on server shutdown? I'm thinking of large scale, multi-session, operations, in which the gamemaster (mission commander!) has time to fine tune everything over a long period of time. This would also be just awesome for D.O.C. too !

Too hard, time consuming? Comments (before spirit6 goes on holiday :) )?

As i tried to spawn a Ammocrate in a first floor of a civilian house the crate falls from 1st floor to the ground floor. Maybe it was an Mission issue, i m not sure.

Sounds more like engine problem where physics took part.

You can always add the "Disable simulation" preset so physics won't act on an item.

Shay and spirit, is there an easy way to integrate inidb(i) seamlessly into MCC, so that a server reset will bring everything back as it was on server shutdown? I'm thinking of large scale, multi-session, operations, in which the gamemaster (mission commander!) has time to fine tune everything over a long period of time. This would also be just awesome for D.O.C. too !

Too hard, time consuming? Comments (before spirit6 goes on holiday :) )?

Shhh it is a classified idea we call it project-M. :j:

But seriously I'm changing the way MCC save missions so this can be achieved so in the near future you'll probably get save persistence mission button where the mission, objectives, task, briefings players stats, locations exc will be saved and loaded either to JIP or the whole mission could be continued from the same point you last saved it.

Using the latest version from PlayWithSix and the template mission takistan. Running on a local machine. The revive system doesn't work; it seems that it only applies to me. I get countdown from the medical system however no other players get an option to revive me. And when they go down they instantly die like its arma's normal system. Any help would be appreciated.

But seriously I'm changing the way MCC save missions so this can be achieved so in the near future you'll probably get save persistence mission button where the mission, objectives, task, briefings players stats, locations exc will be saved and loaded either to JIP or the whole mission could be continued from the same point you last saved it.

HE SAID THE M WORD!

Ho my god i will kill for that....

Go get him Karma!

I think I just shed a tear of joy .... you guys are AWESOME !

CBA is no longer required. Zeus ins't required, try running the mission version first then try to reinstall the mod.

Thanks for the reply, but how do I download the mission version? Is it different from the version I downloaded from armaholic? Sorry for these noob questions lol.

Edit: I figured it out, I ended up doing fresh install from steam and updated it to newest version. Works perfectly now! Thanks!!

Edited by RickDaddy

Using the latest version from PlayWithSix and the template mission takistan. Running on a local machine. The revive system doesn't work; it seems that it only applies to me. I get countdown from the medical system however no other players get an option to revive me. And when they go down they instantly die like its arma's normal system. Any help would be appreciated.

Look in pervious pages, Shay is already aware if this.

FYI Also I put a work-around in how to solve it but it requires a little of knowledge in Arma mission.

Hey, im trying now to build missions with your tool. ThX, it looks like i could now start with this. But i have some questions. when i export to mission.sqm i just create a mission.txt, paste the code in and rename it so sqm. load it in arma3 again and export it to multiplayer mission right?

All markers and so on get lost?

Is it possible to export also headless client ai placed on the map? my clan is using HC and i want to get the best performance for the mission and animate others to use also mcc cause HC integration is so easy.

Is Gaia working with "Headless Client"?

Is Gaia working with ASR AI (by Robalo)?

Headless Client when joinen is killing a civilian slot, so i need to setup 2 civ slots so he can enter the second one.

With the new design its quite different to your tutorial missions. i even dont found how to control the C130 :-/ Are you planing to add more tutorials in the future? i would love to see some new ideas and how to create a hole mission with it.

Thx for your work, i tried some things around in arma2, im using it a very long time now ;)

Edited by Numrollen

Hi guys! I really love MCC, we've had some pretty amazing sessions thanks to it, and it's really really cool that you keep improving it so fast. I especially like the random mission generator and the GAIA implementation. The .sqm export is just great too. Thanks a lot for all of it!

Now, I have some questions:

Is the Zeus compatibility with MCC, as shown in this

, already implemented in the latest MCC release?

Finally, when on a MP mission (one of the players as server, NOT dedicated servers) I have run into the following problem:

When a player tries to start Zeus (by following these steps: 1. Login to MCC, 2. Close MCC Console and 3. Press Y, the Zeus button) several things can happen:

1. If the player trying to be Zeus is a client, not the host, Arma 3 freezes right after pressing Y and the process has to be killed from the task manager. No error message is delivered. This happens when nobody else is logged in to MCC or Zeus.

2. If the player trying to be Zeus is the host, he can login to MCC and be Zeus generally without a problem, although once or twice we have had the same problem as above.

This only happens in multiplayer, but not when I preview the missions in the editor. It happens regardless of who the host is. We use several mods (alive, CBA, weapon resting...), but we have tried in BIS-created coop missions (Headhunters in Stratis) and have encountered the same problem. We have tried with the latest MCC version available at PlayWithSix and also downloaded from this thread, and the same happend.

Do any of you have any clue what the problem can be?

Thanks a lot!

i'm new to modding and i just want to add some new weaps to campaign.

i read a thread about that and someone suggested mcc.

i wanna ask what i should spawn to get the new weaps??

thx

Edited by shingfd

i'm new to modding and i just want to add some new weaps to campaign.

i read a thread about that and someone suggested mcc.

i wanna ask what i should spawn to get the new weaps??

thx

I think you start reading the first page of MCC so you have an idea what this is about. Secondly, the dictionary does not return anything in Weaps. :)

Still not working.. I place a zone, spawned a single unit and still can not see the unit when I switch to Zeus. I have an up to date MCC I've un installed and re installed many times and using a vanilla Zeus mission with no addons except for MCC. Am I literally the only one having this issue??

I think you start reading the first page of MCC so you have an idea what this is about. Secondly, the dictionary does not return anything in Weaps. :)

Thought you and your family whent on holiday :) .. have fun

Look in pervious pages, Shay is already aware if this.

FYI Also I put a work-around in how to solve it but it requires a little of knowledge in Arma mission.

Had a quick look at that. Correct me if im wrong but i just take the init lines for the wounding system, put them in InitPlayerLocal.sqf, put that in my mission and voila ?