shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

Hello, I have great interest in learning how to use MCC more. I have been toying with this so far and have a few questions

1. Is this mod BEST used in server format or 2d editor, I ask because I see a video with this being used on a server, I tried using this on 2d editor and was not able to save sqm/clipboard and c/p to other mission.sqm. ( anyone able to define this better for me?)

2. What is the best way to use this MOD? Do people have mission templates and just use those, meaning, do you have missions with other mods/scripts/map setup with playable units already in mission and then utilize MCC? then save and use in MP?

3. If and when mission complete, can I go back into editor and add triggers and such AND go back into MCC and go to MP?

4. How does this mod do with a lot of scripts? Lets say I have Altis template with my playable units down, base setup, with halo jump, vehicle spawn system, crates with VAS, fastropes, vehicle repair, BTC, will this cause issues with MCC?

Any other advice is always welcome, this definitely looks at be an awesome MOD to use. A clan I play with reports MCC crashes the server after 30 min.

Sorry to ruin the fun, but I have a problem.

When I try to open MCC via action menu, it opens distance view/grass dialog, when I press log in, it returns again to that dialog.

Then I try log in again and again it returns me back to that dialog.

Installed via and using PlayWithSix.

I would appreciate some help on this, thank you.

Sorry to ruin the fun, but I have a problem.

When I try to open MCC via action menu, it opens distance view/grass dialog, when I press log in, it returns again to that dialog.

Then I try log in again and again it returns me back to that dialog.

Installed via and using PlayWithSix.

I would appreciate some help on this, thank you.

It sounds like you are trying to use it in MP, on a server that does not have MCC installed or where you are not an admin/don't have MCC rights.

---------- Post added at 12:26 ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 ----------

I doesn't break any mission but perhaps some.

No, it broke every mission with VAS installed simply by being present. It completely stomped on the mission's VAS config.sqf, making it impossible to restrict gear, change number of loadouts, or make any other config edits. It also tended to wipe out your existing presets (those made with MCC not present).

Don't get me wrong, having VAS available in MCC would be very handy, but the previous implementation caused more problems than it was worth. I have confidence that Shay will figure out a solution!

Edited by Harzach

It sounds like you are trying to use it in MP, on a server that does not have MCC installed or where you are not an admin/don't have MCC rights.

Greetings, sir, thank You for assistance.

I don't do multiplayer, this happens in single player environment.

When in a mission, this happens.

In editor, it says:

[bIS_fnc_MPexec] Function 'mcc_fnc_login' does not exist

I even added iniDBI into the mod playlist.

Basically I fail to realize how this happened, one day there was a mod update for mcc via playwithsix, I did it, completed successfuly, then this happened.

Uninstalled the mod and deleted from disk, downloaded it again and installed, same thing.

Hey guys.

I'm trying to restrict other players from using MCC. Nothing works for me. Syncing the MCC access rights module to a unit is not an option, because I'm not always sure which slot I will take.

Placing this in my mission's init doesn't work as well:

if (isnil "MCC_allowedPlayers") then {MCC_allowedPlayers = ["My nick name"]};

Placing this in the module init aslo has no effect:

this setvariable ["names",["My Nick Name"]];

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Yep can we get this working once and for all... I REALLY want to use MCC on the public but cannot for the life of me get the module + User name approach or the Init approach to work..

Shay can you let us know what we're missing :)

Cheers

SJ

When I'm using the AC-130 or to view a soldier, the screen that should be a graph of AC-130 viewing down to the ground or the soldier has nothing but black. No matter regular, nightvision or thermal. Do I miss something like some other mods?

Basically I fail to realize how this happened, one day there was a mod update for mcc via playwithsix, I did it, completed successfuly, then this happened.

Uninstalled the mod and deleted from disk, downloaded it again and installed, same thing.

Looks like what i experienced few pages earlier, did you already install the Zeus DLC, if not, pls do so.

I really want to commend you guys on the work you did with GAIA. I just played around a bit after watching the video demo you guys put out and I have to say it works extremely well.

Really love how they will use transport when needed etc.

Had an absolutely great battle just throwing down a defensive OPFOR in a town and then having BLUFOR attack by initially creating their zone and then moving it. They sent out some scouts etc. and then bused in troops on the transports I laid all around.

Is their anyway I can use this to save changes made in Zeus mode?

Open the MCC menu and click the save/load icon: onve there, click save as .sqm.

The .sqm data will be copied to your clipboard. This means you need to manually make a .sqm. You make a standard text document, hit ctrl+V (pasting the .sqm data from the clipboard). Save the text document and rename it mission.sqm. Then make a mission folder and put the new .sqm in it.

Make sure you are completely done editing because you can't save changes.

Looks like what i experienced few pages earlier, did you already install the Zeus DLC, if not, pls do so.

Ok will do, thank you.

Hi guys,

I'm asking the community for a talented scripter that can make an extension or any 3d party program that can take the save output and create an sqm file in the MP mission directory.

I really want to commend you guys on the work you did with GAIA. I just played around a bit after watching the video demo you guys put out and I have to say it works extremely well.

Really love how they will use transport when needed etc.

Had an absolutely great battle just throwing down a defensive OPFOR in a town and then having BLUFOR attack by initially creating their zone and then moving it. They sent out some scouts etc. and then bused in troops on the transports I laid all around.

Cool! Transportation video i will publish somewhere this week before me and the family go on holiday for a week. So stay tuned for more :)

I have a little problem (Maybe I'm doing something wrong). Present in the mission: NATO units, NATO artillery armor, CSAT zone, and a generated mission within the zone. I give all units under the command of GAIA, but NATO artillery armor just rushes inside the hostile zone while shooting. I want them to stay far away, but still be under control of gaia.

When I create a zone for nato, and have some Artillery on fortify, they won't help the attacking soldier, even though they're in range with the enemy settlement. They just sit there, doing nothing.

Another question: How can I give different roles (aggressive, defensive, etc) to the units I placed in the normal editor, before gameplay?

I'm not trying to complain in any way, the first time I opened the in game mission generator UI, my mind blew. I thought I was in a dream for a few minutes, because this mod is everything I ever wanted in Arma.

Edited by Trase

I have a little problem (Maybe I'm doing something wrong). Present in the mission: NATO units, NATO artillery armor, CSAT zone, and a generated mission within the zone. I give all units under the command of GAIA, but NATO artillery armor just rushes inside the hostile zone while shooting. I want them to stay far away, but still be under control of gaia.

When I create a zone for nato, and have some Artillery on fortify, they won't help the attacking soldier, even though they're in range with the enemy settlement. They just sit there, doing nothing.

Another question: How can I give different roles (aggressive, defensive, etc) to the units I placed in the normal editor, before gameplay?

I'm not trying to complain in any way, the first time I opened the in game mission generator UI, my mind blew. I thought I was in a dream for a few minutes, because this mod is everything I ever wanted in Arma.

Hey, I have not been very informative about artillery. But a video is inbound (although i am currently busy on respawn AI option). So you wanted the artillery and off they went, probably shooting and blasting. The best thing you can do for the artillery is give them a small zone where you want them to stay and spawn them in agressive. (apart from other groups). What they try to do is find a place to hide and from there on deliver artillery requests. Mortars are a bit easier in that as they dont require a zone (they are static). All they need to know is defensive (only service the zone given), agressive (service any conflict area).

Dont expect mortars/artillery to blast every bit off the map. They have quite some requirements before they can shoot and even more before they go fire for effect.

For putting stuff in the editor, go browse some pages back (scan for my posts) or wait for our awesome wiki to come online to you supermarket near you soon! :)

** EDIT ** I just read you Generated the mission. If you mean you used the mission generator (so no manual placement off stuff), there is no need to 'give to gaia'.

Hoping to get some help here, generally we build our mission off of the MCC Template as well we don't require our members to run the mod and keep all the scripts server side. It seems with the latest version of the sample missions, r3 with Zeus this doesnt work anymore? If i'm mistaken can someone link me to a mission template that works without needing the mod?

Ran into some issues with the MCC console, if I had it to an ammobox and spawn it in the 3d editor, it doesn't work. I can't access it in the action menu. The first time I did get it to work it didn't function. I added the AC-130 to the map then went to the MCC console and the display didn't work. I could hear the thing shooting which was a bit odd.

Shay and spirit,

Have you thought about the next step for cache system?

We all know the draw backs to cacheing, tasks completing etc because of unit not present and various other things.

Do you think its possible with the mission wizard,to create a task(say kill HVT) cache all units including HVT but not get a "task complete" message by say,assigning a "fake" task- "kill HVT" and then have the task turn "real" when your within spawn distance of the target?

So,you get the mission task pop up,cache the target.but the task remains somehow untill your withing spawn distance and only then does the task "really" apply.

I may have explained that bad,but you see my point rite? Simply assing the task later,when plauyers are in range,but make players aware of the task once the task is created. That way we could simply cache the entire map without it causing objectives to complete. Im sure there is a way to do this and its functionality accesibility would make every thing much smoother to the mission generater and caching. which could always work better together.

Just a suggestion.

Hope its something you could think about.

Hey everyone, got a noob to the forums question. Ive been using this mod since Arma 2 and loved it but for some reason its not working for me on Arma 3. I definitely have the latest cba, and the latest version of mcc.. Is the Zeus dlc required to use this? Like I said its not showing up in the action menu for me so any help is appreciated.

Hey guys.

I'm trying to restrict other players from using MCC. Nothing works for me. Syncing the MCC access rights module to a unit is not an option, because I'm not always sure which slot I will take.

Placing this in my mission's init doesn't work as well:

Placing this in the module init aslo has no effect:

this setvariable ["names",["My Nick Name"]];

Any ideas?

Thanks.

We are working on a website/Wiki/Manual to clear some things up but let me help you what I can.

First, of all the best way to limit access server side is using iniDBi and edit the SERVER_misc.ini file. There you'll find who is allowed and who isn't and it works globally on the server on any mission.

Second,

you should use you playerUID as a string (it is a number) and not you nickname

Last, you shuld remove the if isnil check as it won't overwrite MCC default behavior. So it should look something like this:

MCC_allowedPlayers = ["7854215484","415754657886"];

Yep can we get this working once and for all... I REALLY want to use MCC on the public but cannot for the life of me get the module + User name approach or the Init approach to work..

Shay can you let us know what we're missing :)

Cheers

SJ

Look up mate ïŠ

Hoping to get some help here, generally we build our mission off of the MCC Template as well we don't require our members to run the mod and keep all the scripts server side. It seems with the latest version of the sample missions, r3 with Zeus this doesnt work anymore? If i'm mistaken can someone link me to a mission template that works without needing the mod?

Please, if you want to help don't use frazes like "this doesn't work" give info like: I'm getting an error message, I open the mission and thrown back to the loby, here is my RPT, I'm in the mission but revive don't kick in I just respawn where I died exc.

On a side note it is important to run MCC on all clients as it might produce some strange behavior.

Ran into some issues with the MCC console, if I had it to an ammobox and spawn it in the 3d editor, it doesn't work. I can't access it in the action menu. The first time I did get it to work it didn't function. I added the AC-130 to the map then went to the MCC console and the display didn't work. I could hear the thing shooting which was a bit odd.

Like above:

Please, if you want to help don't use frazes like "it doesn't work" give info like: I can see the action menu but when I press it nothing happened, the console is working but I once I pressed the F2 key nothing happened exc… also always give info about are you playing it on a SP, MP-local host or MP dedicated server, are you running the mod version or the mission version, what other mods are you running.

We are really trying to solve all your bugs reports and add most of the requested features but we need more info.

Shay and spirit,

We all know the draw backs to cacheing, tasks completing etc because of unit not present and various other things.

Do you think its possible with the mission wizard,to create a task(say kill HVT) cache all units including HVT but not get a "task complete" message by say,assigning a "fake" task- "kill HVT" and then have the task turn "real" when your within spawn distance of the target?

So,you get the mission task pop up,cache the target.but the task remains somehow untill your withing spawn distance and only then does the task "really" apply.

I may have explained that bad,but you see my point rite? Simply assing the task later,when plauyers are in range,but make players aware of the task once the task is created. That way we could simply cache the entire map without it causing objectives to complete. Im sure there is a way to do this and its functionality accesibility would make every thing much smoother to the mission generater and caching. which could always work better together.

Just a suggestion.

Spirit can answer this better than I do but I must say that building a generic tool that will fit any mission/mod and play style isn't easy job so some of the features like caching can collide with some missions especially If there are triggers involved. Building a mechanism that will take all that parameters into account might take some time and resources that can be spend on a new features or fixing bugs but the good news is that we are counting on you as the mission maker that you know what is in your mission and what can you cache and what you can't. For example if you generated a mission with reinforcement on you probably don't won't to cache anything in it as it will trigger reinforcement same for securing/killing HVT.

PS you can always select all the groups you want to cache and deselect the one you don't and hit the cache button. ïŠ

Hey everyone, got a noob to the forums question. Ive been using this mod since Arma 2 and loved it but for some reason its not working for me on Arma 3. I definitely have the latest cba, and the latest version of mcc.. Is the Zeus dlc required to use this? Like I said its not showing up in the action menu for me so any help is appreciated.

CBA is no longer required. Zeus ins't required, try running the mission version first then try to reinstall the mod.

Shay and spirit,

Just a suggestion.

*EDIT* I just read shay beat me to it. Anyway, you can see we have been talking about it, but i holds complexity.

Yes, we did some thinking about the caching. Not only thinking btw :) To truelly have the caching to work with no issues you need access to the enigine itself and make the caching a part of it so that the units impacting a trigger are found even if cached. That said, there is multiple ways to do it in the modders world.

It is very eassy to adjust the conditions of the triggers and tasks that are MCC controlled. Having however a solution that is for all to use in all possible mission is without a change to the game itself a rather hard task. Unless somebody can help me in that.

There is not even a reason to hide or fake objects as long as cached units are taken into account. Triggers that do counting (reinforcement option in MCC) will have to be altered, while "BLUFOR PRESENT" is also a nice one.

So yes, i have had more then one thought about this and it will be solved. But i hate half cooked solutions so I dig in a bit more. But if i find the spot then I will release my initial intend: using cached units just like any any other unit on the map.

Edited by spirit6

I added the AC-130 to the map then went to the MCC console and the display didn't work. I could hear the thing shooting which was a bit odd.

You have to have the picture in picture (PiP) video setting enabled.

Here is my second video. Forgive my English.

MCC GAIA 2, please watch the first video if you missed out. This video is about Artillery and Mortar, the transportation system and the use of support groups (fuel, repair etc).

Stay tuned for MCC GAIA 3 with more from your local MCC producer. I will be on holiday for as long as 1 week with my family, so have fun and cya somewhere in about 1 week!

Edited by spirit6

Thanks for the video, Spirit6! And meanwhile, another question has been born: What parameters decide if GAIA will move my units (created a zone manually, placed units manually - "spawn in zone", some on defensive, some on aggressive) on to a generated mission (But it's generated in a zone I made). All squads are under her control, including mine. Sometimes our units start moving to the generated mission, and sometimes they just patrol our zone, without acknowledging the existence of the mission.

And a suggestion: AI vehicle units sometimes get stuck in towns (running into a wall, backing up, ramming the wall again). I wonder if MCC could detect that somehow (like, units haven't moved for 30 seconds, despite having a waypoint far away, and not in combat), and un-stuck them?

Edited by Trase