shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

Spirit and shay,congrats on the progress of the mod.

Always a delight to see an update and this is the best yet.What i speak of is the cache system.

Jumped out of my seat when i saw the update.

I may be semi stupid here,but i have no idea how to use the cache system,do i put something in the group leaders initilization? and do groups spawned by mission wizard get auto cached?

I read a few posts back a comment on the cache but forgive me,i simpy dont understand it,still very early days for me and arma verse language :)

How do i go about using the cache system in simple terms lads?

My apolagies spirit,a little too excited with the update i didnt even see the cache button :)

A million thanks for the vids too!

Guys,

What are the actual enemies/group limits? Were you able to increase the old limit? I ask this because the possibility to cache units, would give us the possibility to create "campaigns" with several AIs across the maps.

Thanks!

A question about GAIA - if I move a zone far away from the original point of creation, will the units inside the zone try to use transport helicopters/apc's/vehicles to get there, or will they only walk?

It was removed from the mod version because it breaks any mission that uses VAS. If you want to use VAS, add it to your mission manually or use the mission version of MCC.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

I used it in the campaign. How do i get it to work there again?

Guys,

What are the actual enemies/group limits? Were you able to increase the old limit? I ask this because the possibility to cache units, would give us the possibility to create "campaigns" with several AIs across the maps.

Thanks!

The actual group limit is (i think) 144. That limit is the groups active on the server. Personaly i think taht that is crazy enough if you consider that 144 multiplied by average 4 units = 576 units. But to concrete answer your question: you can cache a shitload of groups as long as you make sure that no more then 144 will be uncached.

Example: if you cache 600 groups all over the map then that is fine. If you however cache them all tight together in one spot you will have an issue when the player gets close and the 600 uncache.

A question about GAIA - if I move a zone far away from the original point of creation, will the units inside the zone try to use transport helicopters/apc's/vehicles to get there, or will they only walk?

That will be shown in my next video but here is the current deal. If you spawn vehicle transportation (tucks, apc) then that will be used if the group is a footmobile. helicopter transportation is not active yet but is currently wip.

The following:

- Make sure the transportation vehicle holds a driver. That might sound stupid but the infantry will not drive themselve, they are serviced.

- Units that are on foot are legimit for transportation the moment they need to travel a longer distance ( i believe > 500) and they are currently outside their zone. (so they do not get transporation inside the zone to prevent ruin patrols)

- The transportation vehicle will only serve if the footmobile can fit into the vehicle.

- do not use grouped transportation but spawn seperate. Currently the system cannot handle 1 group with 5 trucks. make that 5 groups with each 1 truck.

- The transporation vehicle does not have to be in the same zone. So you can spawn a small zone with only trucks in it. They will serve all infantry groups within their range ( 2000 as closest pickup i blieve)

- A Footmobile will be picked up IF: 1 There is a road close by their current position 2: there is a road nearby the target location. (this is checked every cycle , that is about 60 seconds)

I would advice to experiment a little.

If you spawn a group with transporation then they will operate as motorized infantry or mechanzied infantry. Then they will sort it out themself.

Edited by spirit6

Thank guys for the update. I have a question though -

I'm using the Mission version.

And I don't want the roles. Do I still need the INIdb?

Can be disable?

You are 2 video's ahead of me :) Here we go(you had it almost correct):

For 'giving to gaia' in the editor go like this:

<group> setVariable ["GAIA_ZONE_INTEND",[<zone>,<behavior>], true];

Group = the group you want to give ot gaia.

zone = the name of the marker. Must be a number!

behavior = "NOFOLLOW" -> defensive, "MOVE" -> agressive , "FORTIFY" -> fortify (same as upsmon because gaia had to be backward compatible )

Mind the true in the end of setvariable. This is public variable in gaia that is being set. It is public announced so that MCC can set de G at the group names. If you make it private then MCC will not know that the group is under GAIA control but the ai system itself is not affected.

For caching:

group setVariable ["mcc_gaia_cache",<boolean>, true];

boolean = true/false (set caching on/off for this group).

*You can also simple delete the whole variable if you want it off. As it will only work with value TRUE

Hope this helps. Oh in the mission init put https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setMarkerAlpha. This will make sure that the zone is not seen by any when you start the mission. When you do it like this then you can make missions by using gaia to quickly setup patrols, mortars, CAS, artilllery, boats. You name it. They all need the same stuff and gaia will sort it out for you. The requirements are now that mcc needs to run on the server, the client is not needed.

Dont forget that gaia can be used on any side. so you can also give the players ai CAS by just spawning an ai attack helicopter, mortar, artillery under gaia control. It will aid the player when needed then.

Thanks .. works great.

What is the preferred way to create an MCC zone via the editor? Is it just a standard marker with a numeric name?

Thanks .. works great.

What is the preferred way to create an MCC zone via the editor? Is it just a standard marker with a numeric name?

Nothing preferred as long as the marker is ellipse or rectangle and the name is a number. And yes, size matters. To small does not make miss GAIA happy.

Anyone had issues getting out/etc, of Zeus "spawned" with MCC in singleplayer? Zeus key doeasn't work so that makes me stuck in it's interface. Only solution is to launch and exit Splendid Cam from debug console.

Not that this is a big issue as I mainly use MCC in MP but it could be kinda annoying when trying to use it in editor preview to save the mission for later or something.

Disregard, it was an issue with key bind. :blush:

Edited by Max255[PL]

Odd bug with the latest halo drop. There is a vest stuck to your feet or front of body after the jump that doesn't go away until you respawn.

It's a known bug and has been fixed but the fix didn't make it in the current release.

Nothing preferred as long as the marker is ellipse or rectangle and the name is a number. And yes, size matters. To small does not make miss GAIA happy.

Is there a way to mimick the look and behavior of an MCC-added zone (shape, availability via the zone drop down, etc.) through the editor or through script?

EDIT: Outside of creating markers with the editor (and then using the getMarkerPos/getMarkerSize to pass to the series of lines which ultimately invoke mcc_make_the_marker.sqf), I was wondering if there was a more "automatic" way for MCC to pickup markers in the editor and creating the zones?

Edited by The_Asset

MCC Team,

Feature idea: Save cargo/box generator profiles, so we could save custom ammo boxes presets and add whenever we need very fast.

The terrain detail bug is still present. Stuff starts floating as soon as I open MCC. :(

:confused: I'll take a look again, I'll take it that this only happenes once you actually log in and not in the log in menu?

hi shay_gman i just downloaded your latest MCC4 r3 and when i try to loging it says [bIS_fnc_MPexecc] Function 'mcc_fnc_loging' does not exist , how to solve this please

Make sure the client and the server are running the latest MCC version.

Zeus was working for a while, but after i respawned, my screen goes all black everytime i access ZEUS from MCC. Also, sometimes I'm not able to control MCC spawned AIs from the ZEUS interface.

SP or MP? what other mods? give some more info please.

I miss the vas too reallt cool way to make missions :(

Me too ;) but it was a fair tradeoff so MCC won't intefear with missions that are already using VAS. As decribed earlier you can still use VAS in your template mission and call it with MCC. If Tonic will like it I can reproduce an MCC's VAS which will be the same just with different variables and functions name so it won't intefear with another missions. So if someone can find Tonic let me know what he thinks about it.

My virtual ammobox loadout get replaced by a default loadout everytime I respawn.

Is MCC's save gear enabled?

hi shayman / Spirit

im doing something wrong with hijack units tool or is not working to me. because i cannot regain control over my team. What's the trick i should know?

Apart from that all perfect.

( I am expecting to see more tutorials about gaia :cool:)

thank you

SP, MP? care to share step by step what you did?

@Shay - 1Q; will it be possible to have a MCC button instead of using the mouse wheel - with me all work as an express train !! :pc: - thanks again

Yeah we might move it to a key bind although there aren't many free key binds on ArmA controls.

Hi Shay, amazing work with the update! I just noticed something minor, but pissed me so much ;)

Basically, after a relatevely long editing session, I hit the Mission Failed button by mistake instead of "teleport". It just exited the mission. PLEASE, can you consider to put a confirmation box, like "Do you really want to end mission?". Now, I'm sorry, I'm gonna play with MCC some more ;)

Haha... it is a not a first priority but I've added it to my todo list.

Thank guys for the update. I have a question though -

I'm using the Mission version.

And I don't want the roles. Do I still need the INIdb?

Can be disable?

INiDB isn't mandatory but without it running on the server (if SP or local host then on the client) the role selections won't work. Apart from that everything else will work just as normal.

MCC Team,

Feature idea: Save cargo/box generator profiles, so we could save custom ammo boxes presets and add whenever we need very fast.

Nice idea we'll see.

I cant get it to work.

If i start the mod provided frome the DL "@mcc_sandbox_r3fixed" i have no MCC ingame in scroll menu. not in editor not in showcase, not in MP missions, but worked good in previous version. Modfolder is "@MCC_sandbox"

If i search and install it with playwithsix i get a different Modfolder "@MCC_A3" and have the login function not exist error, but have mcc in scroll menue.

Tried either first mentioned and last mentioned with CBA loaded. Not both mcc modfolders at same time of course.

help, i am addicted to mcc :D

Hi shay and spirit,

Im using psychos wounding system,but when i die now and need revive,my squad do not attempt to revive me and i loose control of the squad.

I did see that the wounding system was implemented in the new version of mcc.does that mean that i should uninstall psychos wounding system,and mcc has it already incorperated.(just not sure i understand the implimentation)

For example is there a way to edit a config for wounding mod if what i said is the case?

Cheers

Never mind,i highly doubt now its because of mcc.

Edited by redarmy

Zeus was working for a while, but after i respawned, my screen goes all black everytime i access ZEUS from MCC. Also, sometimes I'm not able to control MCC spawned AIs from the ZEUS interface.

Getting the same issue on a dedicated server.

The ZEUS access key doesn't respond and if you try and access ZEUS via the MCC button it causes you to have a black screen that only logging can fix.

We run the following mods;

@cba_a3

@bcombat

@task_force_radio

@a3mp

@a3mp_ap

@caf_ag

@nato_russian_sf_weapons

@rh_pistol_a3

@rh_pdw_a3

@rh_m4_a3

@mas_usa_devg

@fallujah1_2

@mcc_sandbox_a3

@hlcmods_core

@hlcmods_ak

@asdg_jr

Edited by NoHalfMeasures

Thanks for all this Shay,

I have been away a few days. question, I see on page 168 there was a fix uploaded. Do the links at the first page contain the latest updated versions of the mod, MP versions, etc? Thanks

Please be aware, with this new update (MCC 4) you save everything placed in 2d editor now too when saving SQM, so merging is no longer an option. This would be great EXCEPT it erased all my commands/scripts along with synchronized triggers. This totally destroyed my mission because I saved over my mission not knowing the bug. Hopefully we'll get an update that fixes this critical problem.

Hey Shay and spirit, still waiting on a response. I can not edit the units or DOC that I place with MCC in Zeus. I am only using the vanilla Zeus with no scripts and up to date MCC, still no joy.. I follow exactly what you guys did in the vid. Thanks

Shay,

Using the mission version

Looking at the logs of the server:

mcc\dialogs\mcc_3dTasks.hpp, line 139: '/MCC3D_Dialog/controls/MCC_3dTasksControls/Controls/MCC_3dTasksCompletedCombo.idc': Missing ';' at the end of line

EDIT: On the mission the Revive does not work for JIP

Edited by theNaCH

Hi,

thank you for this great update.

And thanx WarfighterOne for the warning. Otherwise all mission editing would have gone out of the window.

MCC really should only SQM what is build in runtime! Merging was a fantastic option for mission making.

Second Problem: Zeus. In some Missions it worked (meaning spawned units by mcc are shown in Zeus), in some not, and i did not get the reason yet.

What are the Prerequisites, that it is working as shown in the video.

Usually i use a playable unit in my missions called s1, linked with the mcc-access-module. And a zeus Module restricted to s1. And i don't use the Game-master-gameplay.

Can i start directly Zeus or have i to start it through the 2d-editor in mcc. Or should i leave off the zeus-modul, cause mcc lanches it. Please help me out.

cu

SerialMum

I cant get it to work.

If i start the mod provided frome the DL "@mcc_sandbox_r3fixed" i have no MCC ingame in scroll menu. not in editor not in showcase, not in MP missions, but worked good in previous version. Modfolder is "@MCC_sandbox"

If i search and install it with playwithsix i get a different Modfolder "@MCC_A3" and have the login function not exist error, but have mcc in scroll menue.

Tried either first mentioned and last mentioned with CBA loaded. Not both mcc modfolders at same time of course.

help, i am addicted to mcc :D

CBA is no longer required.

Try redownloading it from Six, Armaholic or the link in this forums it looks like it something local on your side.

Thanks for all this Shay,

I have been away a few days. question, I see on page 168 there was a fix uploaded. Do the links at the first page contain the latest updated versions of the mod, MP versions, etc? Thanks

Yes.

Please be aware, with this new update (MCC 4) you save everything placed in 2d editor now too when saving SQM, so merging is no longer an option. This would be great EXCEPT it erased all my commands/scripts along with synchronized triggers. This totally destroyed my mission because I saved over my mission not knowing the bug. Hopefully we'll get an update that fixes this critical problem.

I'm planning on seperating between save only MCC and save the whole mission (that can be used to grab some other missions or campagin to sqm) for now I've mentioned it in the change log use:

- Use _object setVariable ["mccIgnore",true] - so that the save to SQM ignore that object.

Hey Shay and spirit, still waiting on a response. I can not edit the units or DOC that I place with MCC in Zeus. I am only using the vanilla Zeus with no scripts and up to date MCC, still no joy.. I follow exactly what you guys did in the vid. Thanks

That is on Zeus side, some objects (even BIS objects like the 5 blocks H-barrier) doesn't have Zeus values and can not be eddited.

Shay,

Using the mission version

Looking at the logs of the server:

mcc\dialogs\mcc_3dTasks.hpp, line 139: '/MCC3D_Dialog/controls/MCC_3dTasksControls/Controls/MCC_3dTasksCompletedCombo.idc': Missing ';' at the end of line

EDIT: On the mission the Revive does not work for JIP

Thanks for the update i'll check it out.

Hi,

thank you for this great update.

And thanx WarfighterOne for the warning. Otherwise all mission editing would have gone out of the window.

MCC really should only SQM what is build in runtime! Merging was a fantastic option for mission making.

Second Problem: Zeus. In some Missions it worked (meaning spawned units by mcc are shown in Zeus), in some not, and i did not get the reason yet.

What are the Prerequisites, that it is working as shown in the video.

Usually i use a playable unit in my missions called s1, linked with the mcc-access-module. And a zeus Module restricted to s1. And i don't use the Game-master-gameplay.

Can i start directly Zeus or have i to start it through the 2d-editor in mcc. Or should i leave off the zeus-modul, cause mcc lanches it. Please help me out.

cu

SerialMum

You shouldn't place any Zeus modules on the mission. MCC handles it.

Hi,

thanx for the fast answer.

- ["mccIgnore",true]

That is a workaround i can live with (btw: there was no changelog in my download)

Good to see you plan to seperate the SQM.

No Zeus-Modul. Ok. How to configure additional setups (like restricting editing area, import other addons etc.) then?

cu

SerialMum