shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

It will be released when it is ready to be released, They are doing this on there free time remember. So please be patient and wait for them to finish it. You know it will be extremely awesome when it is released and they said that would be soon. So we all shouldn't ask them for a release date. It will be done when it is done. Right Shay_G-Man, and Spirit?

Hi MCC Team,

First I would like to congratulate you on the development of this mod. It adds a whole new immersion to the game, your plataform is mandatory on our coop sessions.

Since your objetive is mainly dedicated servers, which is our case, your caching system will help a lot building missions that last long.

What we really miss is the lack of a system that saves missions progress as a whole, including ammo, player positions, enemies positions, real state of tasks, ammo crates...

Just asking, because every new feature of MCC makes us happy and willing to play more and more, do you guys have plans to add such feature?

I gues the caching system would be able to kick in there. Nice idea! I put it on my long list of awesome idea's. :cool:

spirit6 has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

I typed up a long thing with links and stuff to PM you but your inbox is full

My inbox is all empty now and ready to receive your huge PM sir!

Thanks for the detailed explanation spirit.

It all sounds to good to be true :) Its almost mandatory for any serious mission to have a cache system with the way arma3 chews up the cpu.And the way you say the mcc controller can alter the cacheing is fantastic. I cant wait.

Any idea on a release date as of yet?

First thing you guys get is the basic caching system. Select a group and ad it or remove it from the cache list. That will be (i think) somewhere this week with THE release. The more advanced caching will follow shortly with the next one. As i am already building it but i wont be able to finish it. Also need to talk to shay to do the gui change. I am mainly on invisible code :)

will this break compatibility with A3MP maps?

This? No, this will not break a3mp maps mate. That, that it will, but not this. Only that. On a serious note? This? No, that. I told you!

It will be released when it is ready to be released, They are doing this on there free time remember. So please be patient and wait for them to finish it. You know it will be extremely awesome when it is released and they said that would be soon. So we all shouldn't ask them for a release date. It will be done when it is done. Right Shay_G-Man, and Spirit?

:p

I am SO excited that you guys are integrating Zeus into MCC. It can only make a fantastic mod better.

Can objectives like ATTACK/DEFEND made from Zeus co-exist with Objectives generated from MCC's mission generator?

Hello,

So here is our update hope you like it.

We have added a donate button on the front page. We have an idea in mind for some new project and we'll need the funds for the next one so if you can and want to your donations are welcome.

Don't forget to install and run iniDBI on the server only:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?167927-iniDBI-Save-and-Load-data-to-the-server-or-your-local-computer-without-databases!

Change log r3

Zeus Support:

- MCC now have built in Zeus support:

- Once mission maker log in he will have Zeus key enabled once he logged out he'll lose it.

- Units added with MCC can be controled via Zeus.

- Units placed with Zeus will be saved to SQM. - so basicly you got a full 3D editor with save to SQM feature.

- Use _object setVariable ["mccIgnore",true] - so that the save to SQM ignore that object.

- Use _object setVariable ["text","Name"] - so that the save to SQM sets it's name.

Artillery:

- Added: Hold Ctrl to continue spawning ordnance without the need to press Create again.

Spawn:

- Added: Hold Ctrl to continue spawning units without the need to press Create again.

- Start Locations

- Added: Teleport, paradrop or HALO start location.

Engine:

- Removed: VAS from the mod version, it still there in the mission version but if you are using the mod version you should add VAS to your template mission - let see how this will work out.

- Removed: BTC Revive in the mission version it was a good script but I needed something that isn't based on killed EH for the Role Selection.

- Added: Save to SQM now save everything: Groups, waypoints, markers, objects, units, triggers and vehicles stats (locked, health exc), weather, time, resistance hostiles exc...

- Note: Saving triggers to SQM - you'll need to manually edit the triggers in the sqm values: expCond, expActiv, expDesactiv and replace any " with "" also make sure there are not enters between the lines or you'll have CTD.

- Added: [TcB]-Psycho- A3 Wounding System

- Added: If a mission maker log off and another one take his place or if he DC and come back he will still have the zones markers.

- Added: DOC/Waypoints/Groups and basiclly almost anything you spawn will be saved into SQM.

- Added: "Track Units" button will keep tracking groups and WP on the mission maker map and not just in MCC.

- Fixed: Changing faction relations from mission's settings didn't effect the game.

- Fixed: Hijack made you lose your old group.

- Fixed: Hijack made the hijcacked unit lose his group.

- Fixed: Floating rocks bug.

- Fixed: Opening spectator will now close MCC.

- Fixed: Halo/parajump didn't work for more than 1 unit. - thanks Ollem.

- Fixed: Headless Client fixed - thanks Ollem.

- Fixed: Saving without align to terrain in the 3D editor didn't show on the save to sqm file.

- Changed: Garrison values have been decreased.

- Changed: Name tags will show rank picture instead of text.

3D Editor:

- New: Added 3D icons for groups, waypoint exc.

- New: Integrated Zeus.

- New: Moved the Box generator from MCC main interface to the 3D editor - you can create custom cargo items to any kind of vehicle/object that can hold cargo (not units).

- New Preset: Remove All Weapons (unit), Remove All Items (unit) - remove all items or weapons from the given unit.

- New Preset: Clear Cargo (Vehicle) - remove all cargo items from the vehicle cargo space.

- New Preset: HQ Vehicle (Vehicle) - can convert any vehicle to a FOB (secondary respawn point in roles selections) - the vehicle's driver can deploy the FOB.

- New Preset: Disable Simulation (object).

CAS:

- Improved: CAS gun-runs will work best for fixed wing or helicopters with a turret.

Role Selection:

- Alot of work have been put here to clear some bugs and make this system stable.

- New: Added iniDB support for RS - need to run iniDB on server only will save stats such as xp, level, rank, role exc.

- New: Moved all role selection defines such as numbers of roles per squad, gear exc to iniDB.

- New: In squad menu players will show their role name and level.

GAIA:

- Fixed: Reinforcement air or motorized didn't used GAIA.

- Fixed: Artillery or static weapons didn't use GAIA.

- Fixed: GAIA now gives waypoints to submarines

- Added: GAIA can now handle rotated zones.

CACHING:

- Added: Caching per group implemented. ((_x) getVariable ["MCC_GAIA_CACHE", false])

UI:

- Added: Move,resize,rotate zones by click and drag over the map.

- Added: Move,resize,rotate markers by click and drag over the map.

- Added: When spawning artillery markers will show the ordnance spread.

- Added: When spawning individual units markers will show where the unit spawn.

- Fixed: Waypoints markers and track units markers moved to eventhandlers so it won't be laggy and it will show more details then before.

Delete Brush:

- Added: Delete N/V - will remove and delete all N/V from all the units in the selected zone.

- Added: Delete dead bodies.

- Added: Add flashlights to units and force them using it (yeah I know it is a delete brush but hey it fits).

Bug fixing:

- Fixed: Select CIV faction, go to spawn, select unit. Select Boat. Error pops up.

- Fixed: Create zone, spawn armor group of 4 tanks, select AI armor group, teleport. Result: only crew is teleported, vehicle stays empty at same location.

Download Link - MP Mission version - Altis:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d25xly1ln63dgd6/mcc_sandbox.altis.pbo

Download Link - MP/SP Mod version:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cbpinx8knu5fw42/%40mcc_sandbox.rar

Download Link - Template mission:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/436ndcbiepq820u/sample%20missions.rar

Edited by shay_gman

Amazing work, very excited to see this as a finished product. Why must you release things while I am at work XD ?

Thanks shay and spirit, Really appreciate your work.

Finally, loading it as I speak:)

I know that MCC and Alive had/have issues with each other, but that is kinda old intel. I think I am not really up to date on that. Does anyone know whether running alive and mcc together still isn't possible/recommended? Because I am slowly getting into editing and scripting, and alive just eases things...

Another question: I figured, that only the mission maker gets those MCC markers with the zones and all that stuff. Normal players should only see the AO and very few objective markers, right? Is there a way to turn the MCC zones/exact objective positions etc. off on the normal map for the mission maker? (because it really takes away the fun if I am playing with only one other guy and I am seeing all the exact locations when looking at the map).

Thanks in advance!

Updated release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

=================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

** Can you confirm this is version r3? I fail at finding a proper versioning number except for the one on the changelog (but we were on 20+ before).

Finally, loading it as I speak:)

I know that MCC and Alive had/have issues with each other, but that is kinda old intel. I think I am not really up to date on that. Does anyone know whether running alive and mcc together still isn't possible/recommended? Because I am slowly getting into editing and scripting, and alive just eases things...

Thanks in advance!

MCC caching and ALiVE profiling won't play nicely together so you should only use one or the other. Any ALiVE MP/MCP spawns/profiles should be 'grabbable' by GAIA if that's what you want to do. I suspect OPCOM and GAIA will conflict as they're both controlling AI waypoints. Some ALiVE support modules such as Combat Support should work fine, although MCC has similar functionality built in already so it'd be a bit redundant to use both.

I believe that some components of the Cargo Generator are broken. The menu scrolls all the way down and locks and I cant add items. Any fix?

Here you guys hold the first video about GAIA in MCC. In total it will be a series of 3. Please forgive my horrible video editing, it is my first video ever. It should help you guys get the best out of GAIA as i think lots of functionality is unknown. In this video we go cover:

- The basics (behavior and movement of gaia groups)

- GAIA response to threat

- GIAA CAS and Air patrol system.

Video 2 This video is about Artillery and Mortar, the transportation system and the use of support groups (fuel, repair etc).

Video 3 AA units, advance usage and yet to be determined :)

Edited by spirit6
video 2 content change

I've noticed two bugs regarding Zeus when playing by myself in a template mission:

1. I can't edit my player on Zeus - therefore I can't can't change his rank or group him to squads

2. When I die and respawn as the mission maker, pressing Y doesn't do anything and relogging as the mission editor gives me access to Zeus again.

Spirit, thanks for the GAIA explanations .... WOW .. you guys are geniuses ! One thing that intrigued me about the video was when three groups were flanking intially, would it have made more sense for the north group to go throug th the buildings and the south groups to enter from the south? Instead they seemed to cartwheel around flanking. Don't get me wrong, what they do is fine, but it looked a little strange.

Keep up the good work.

Spirit, thanks for the GAIA explanations .... WOW .. you guys are geniuses ! One thing that intrigued me about the video was when three groups were flanking intially, would it have made more sense for the north group to go throug th the buildings and the south groups to enter from the south? Instead they seemed to cartwheel around flanking. Don't get me wrong, what they do is fine, but it looked a little strange.

Keep up the good work.

Probably. Sense is a hard thing to teach a computer. But if you let go of the lines and numbers running in the window and just experience the game. I guarantee you, the days for duckshooting session are over. They coming to get ya Kremator :)

I have a question, if I choose to not install the iniDB, what are the side effects?

Another ideia: Did you guys ever think about adding an low level AI mod like ASR_AI3 or bCombat or something?

I am asking this because from what I understand, GAIA assigns waypoints on a high level, but we don't have a system that will make the AIs be supressed for example, or morale system.

Again, thanks for your amazing work... who never tried using MCC, you don't know what you are losing.

I have a question, if I choose to not install the iniDB, what are the side effects?

Another ideia: Did you guys ever think about adding an low level AI mod like ASR_AI3 or bCombat or something?

I am asking this because from what I understand, GAIA assigns waypoints on a high level, but we don't have a system that will make the AIs be supressed for example, or morale system.

Again, thanks for your amazing work... who never tried using MCC, you don't know what you are losing.

Shay will update you on the iniDB as thats not my territory. GAIA does a lot more then assigning waypoints but she is indeed a higher level lead. The AI does use smoke and flares but that is what i call ambient behavior. The whole idea is that people are then free to spice up the ai with any lower level AI (strange word here). There are no plans in GAIA to move to the lowest level. There is so much more to do on the higher end that a wider focus is not needed.

Shay will update you on the iniDB as thats not my territory. GAIA does a lot more then assigning waypoints but she is indeed a higher level lead. The AI does use smoke and flares but that is what i call ambient behavior. The whole idea is that people are then free to spice up the ai with any lower level AI (strange word here). There are no plans in GAIA to move to the lowest level. There is so much more to do on the higher end that a wider focus is not needed.

Thanks mate, indeed I noticed all these behavior, and is really exciting to assault a city in the night and see the enemies "throwing" flares, never seen this before. Do you guys know what would be an AI mod that wouldn't create problems with MCC?

I mean, taking ASR_AI3 as example, they got a morale system that makes some enemies flees from the combat, and at the same time, we get GAIA saying that this unit should stay there.

Just looking for a mod fully compatible with MCC, do you guys have plans to create a list of "mods fully compatible with MCC?"

Thanks mate, indeed I noticed all these behavior, and is really exciting to assault a city in the night and see the enemies "throwing" flares, never seen this before. Do you guys know what would be an AI mod that wouldn't create problems with MCC?

I mean, taking ASR_AI3 as example, they got a morale system that makes some enemies flees from the combat, and at the same time, we get GAIA saying that this unit should stay there.

Just looking for a mod fully compatible with MCC, do you guys have plans to create a list of "mods fully compatible with MCC?"

Not really. Any group that has had orders and flees will have their orders cancelled. They will even not be caclulated into the battle so more reinformencent groups might even be send to the conflict area. As soon as the group returns back to normal then GAIA will hand over orders again.

What mods work and do not work. I really dont know, that is for you and others to decide and try and for other addon makers to decide.

---------- Post added at 10:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 PM ----------

New update v0.4 rc3 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

http://img-cdn.withsix.com/mods/rv/@mcc_sandbox_a3.png

Tx old buddy!