shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

Good morning.

Some WIP video that I think you gonna like :)

Zeus with MCC become a true full 3D editor with the ability to save missions and publish them.

I have a question regarding the MCC console and VAS. In the MOD version, when you place the VAS on something and access it, under items, you have the option for players to chose the MCC console. If you do not run the mod version, and play the MP version, when you use the VAS that MCC console is not available. Any suggestions and thank you.

If you are not running the mod and the server does you will not have the MCC handheld console - period. All clients should run MCC to have it full potential.

Is there anyway to edit or remove the VAS system in MCC as it does conflict with some issues as all addons are present in the VAS Box and it loads very slowly. If there is a fix to this that would be awesome.

I've disabled VAS for the mod version in the next update - you can still put item with VAS but only if you have the script in the template mission.

I've disabled VAS for the mod version in the next update - you can still put item with VAS but only if you have the script in the template mission.

Cheers Shay for the response and best of luck with your next update...:cool:

Seems like can't remove MCC sapwned unit in zeus, because when mcc place it, it just recognized as placed in editor from the very first time.

Anyway nice update!

Edited by kgino1045

Shay and spirit,

Really excited to see a coupling of Zeus and MCC. Video looks awesome.

absolutely amazing high five to you sir,

you have done what the community have wanted for many years.

pat on the back right there

Good morning.

If you are not running the mod and the server does you will not have the MCC handheld console - period. All clients should run MCC to have it full potential.

Shay, thanks for the answer. I really enjoy the mod version, but since the mod version has revive disabled, I can't seem to find a way to get respawning to work well. I really like the option to get buddies to revive you, and the MP version works like a charm. Also, you mentioned in the next update VAS will be disabled. 9this is one of the most awesome features IMO.) You said you could still add to the VAS if you have the template. What is the name of the template? Sorry for probably basic questions. I am not a modder or programmer. I just use this system for what it is worth...........PURE AWSOMENESS!!! Thanks

Does changing the 'mccPresets' actually work in the init.sqf when using the Mod version? Because it does not appear to be working.

Shay or Spirit able to answer this?

If your not able to edit the mccPresets of the Mod version it would be nice to be able to for the mod version.

Shay, thanks for the answer. I really enjoy the mod version, but since the mod version has revive disabled, I can't seem to find a way to get respawning to work well. I really like the option to get buddies to revive you, and the MP version works like a charm. Also, you mentioned in the next update VAS will be disabled. 9this is one of the most awesome features IMO.) You said you could still add to the VAS if you have the template. What is the name of the template? Sorry for probably basic questions. I am not a modder or programmer. I just use this system for what it is worth...........PURE AWSOMENESS!!! Thanks

The mod version should work on all missions and game mods but it shuldn't interfeer with the mission so that is why I've removed VAS and revive from it. Some like to play with that or this medical system or with or without revive. So they can make their own templates and run them with VAS or medical system as their choice. BTW by template I mean just an empty mission with some units as a placeholders for players to join then on top of that you can add revive, logistics exc. There are mission templates in the mod version and I can publish them as seperated ones they holds revive, VAS and F3 framework gear and markers scripts.

Shay or Spirit able to answer this?

If your not able to edit the mccPresets of the Mod version it would be nice to be able to for the mod version.

You can't edit the mod presets but you can overwrite them by adding the new values in the init.sqf of your template mission.

For example if you want the name tags to be there without enabling them in each mission just put this in the init.sqf:

MCC_nameTags = false;

Regarding the new realease I must say that Karel Moricky did excellent work with Zeus (I still hold my opinion that he is one of the most telented guys there, although BIS have got their priorities wrong) andin time I probably will find more uses to his great work, but I'll release what I have soon very very soon .

You can't edit the mod presets but you can overwrite them by adding the new values in the init.sqf of your template mission.

For example if you want the name tags to be there without enabling them in each mission just put this in the init.sqf

I meant the mccPresets array containing the scripts for the 3D Editor stuff.

The mod version should work on all missions and game mods but it shuldn't interfeer with the mission so that is why I've removed VAS and revive from it. Some like to play with that or this medical system or with or without revive. So they can make their own templates and run them with VAS or medical system as their choice. BTW by template I mean just an empty mission with some units as a placeholders for players to join then on top of that you can add revive, logistics exc. There are mission templates in the mod version and I can publish them as seperated ones they holds revive, VAS and F3 framework gear and markers scripts.

Shay - man! I really need to learn how to implement this system. When I have the mod activated in configuration in Arma 3 and the CBA. I do in fact see and use the template mission. When I do a multiplayer session, and play from the template, then the systems I want are not available. How do you put the systems you want into a mission you make? So, I have the mod activated, I open the editor, place a few units down as playable and a player unit. I then save to user mission. At that point I would have to put the BTC Revive folder, init and description file into my Arma 3/missions/my mission folder?

If I have the mod activated and play the MP version I down loaded, then I have double console and double MCC available when I scroll wheel. If I deactivate the mod and play the MP version, all is good. I would prefer to straight load from the MOD/template missions....and play on the fly. I just have to learn how (if possible) to implement the revive system and eventually VAS into that template so I can play on the fly.............

Thanks for having patience with a scripting idiot like myself. My ultimate goal is to start Arma 3, load a multiplayer session, select a template (or mission) click start.....have buddies join............play.

Thanks and absolutely great work.

Nice to see Psycho working with you guys!!!!

That means that his wounded system will be available in the mission version?

I prefer to use the mission version of MCC :D

On next release mission maker will be able to cache any group by the user interface. It will be as simple as selecting a group or groups in mcc and click the button cache. From there on the caching system will kick in for only the selected units. So full controll there. On the road we hold showing cached units on the map and interact with them. Hope this will help you guys get your server on your knees! No mercy!

And just so ya know. This will work for any mission out there, as long as the logged in mission maker and the server hold mcc. The other is, the mission maker stays responsible for use. Caching all units while the mission holds a 'while bluefor present' trigger will do awesome stuff. So be carefull out there, its a dangerous world!

---------- Post added at 09:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 PM ----------

Nice to see Psycho working with you guys!!!!

That means that his wounded system will be available in the mission version?

I prefer to use the mission version of MCC :D

Just to clarify. This is not the Medic/wounding system Pshycho. Its another one. A real one. He is our video and media dude. All very well because i still have not even made a video about GAIA release..

Thanks for explaining how alive works mate. Although i would love to see MCC and ALIVE work together it is not our focus to integrate with other mods. We have a clear goal for MCC to go and with that we need our own Caching sytem. No doubt in my mind that Alive caching works differently :)

One of the things we need it for is persistent ongoing mission environment.

MCC works great with Alive at the moment although with the caching that you are adding might break things. I suspect there will be options to use caching or not rather than it be a default thing that is always on all the time.

Alive doesn't use caching per say as was explained in that post. What Alive does is Profile units which then are controlled in a virtual way separate from the visual simulation.

Hey Shay, I have an intel report from MCC 4.1/4.2 and possible GAIA issues.

Starting with the release of 4.1, there have been multiple instances of massive lag when trying to use MCC.

What we did in pre-MCC v4 was:

-Load into the server

-Spawn the saved mission

-Carry out the mission

Since MCC v4, if we try to load any MCC assets after players have already connected, the entire server desynchs extremely badly and eventually needs to be restarted. This was not an issue pre 4.x. We could load players in, then load then mission up.

At 1:08:00 in the stream the Zeus Creator has a discussion about MCC! Much props to shay_g_man!!! I think this next update will blow their minds ;)

---------- Post added at 01:20 ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 ----------

I have always really enjoyed using MCC to add infinite replayablity to user made missions that I have went through a million times, not to mention private coop mission that me and my community members play together. V.A.S. was a huge draw and an exciting feature for MCC to have integrated into it and I know many people will be sad to see it go. Seems the scope is starting to make a turn directed more exclusively towards MP server owners/administrators. Will there be a link for the masses to download older versions?

More than BRILLIANT Shay !!!!! and of course Spirit too looking forward to the next update guys !!! :yay:

MCC works great with Alive at the moment although with the caching that you are adding might break things. I suspect there will be options to use caching or not rather than it be a default thing that is always on all the time.

Alive doesn't use caching per say as was explained in that post. What Alive does is Profile units which then are controlled in a virtual way separate from the visual simulation.

Dont worry, just read one post above yours and you have your answer. The caching is not a threat but a chance guys, it is completely at your own control. Even on group basis.

Hey Shay, I have an intel report from MCC 4.1/4.2 and possible GAIA issues.

Starting with the release of 4.1, there have been multiple instances of massive lag when trying to use MCC.

What we did in pre-MCC v4 was:

-Load into the server

-Spawn the saved mission

-Carry out the mission

Since MCC v4, if we try to load any MCC assets after players have already connected, the entire server desynchs extremely badly and eventually needs to be restarted. This was not an issue pre 4.x. We could load players in, then load then mission up.

Can you hand over the mission that you load including the mod list? I will go on our server with players to play test it. I haven't seen the issue on our server yet so any extra's that can help us tackle is awesome. Just pm me a link with the mission load would be awesome.

*edit* Just saved and loaded a huge mission file with no issues. Does this occur only when players ARE connected (i know you type that but i need to know explicit)? So if the mission maker carries out loading alone on the server the issue is less or not noticable?

More than BRILLIANT Shay !!!!! and of course Spirit too looking forward to the next update guys !!! :yay:

Wow even me! Thanks!:yay:

You can track our known bugs here: https://github.com/shaygman/mcc_sandbox.Altis/issues?state=open

You can also report there !

Thanks!

Edited by spirit6

Hi spirit,

thanks for the reply earlier,i think i have a conflicting mod ur correct,i just wanted to make sure the map "malden" was working with MCC.

If its not too much trouble,i have a question regarding the new cache you and shay are working on.

Obviously it will spawn cached units on players within range,but if possible,could it be able to spawn enemys when certain friendly AI(to the player) come within range too?

Example: Player selects a group of friendly ai and sends them to a clear area mission set up by mission wizard,but player remains outside spawn range.could there be a parameter of some sort that enemy could spawn once certain other ai are in range? I can do that with SpunFins AI Spawn script and it helps add variety to missions where the player dosent wanna be in a specific place sometimes and wants to locate somwhere else whilst still having an element of the mission accomplished by other groups.

Hi spirit,

thanks for the reply earlier,i think i have a conflicting mod ur correct,i just wanted to make sure the map "malden" was working with MCC.

If its not too much trouble,i have a question regarding the new cache you and shay are working on.

Obviously it will spawn cached units on players within range,but if possible,could it be able to spawn enemys when certain friendly AI(to the player) come within range too?

Example: Player selects a group of friendly ai and sends them to a clear area mission set up by mission wizard,but player remains outside spawn range.could there be a parameter of some sort that enemy could spawn once certain other ai are in range? I can do that with SpunFins AI Spawn script and it helps add variety to missions where the player dosent wanna be in a specific place sometimes and wants to locate somwhere else whilst still having an element of the mission accomplished by other groups.

Well caching is completely optional at the moment as it is per group disabled and enabled and by default it is off. But when that is implemented I will work on giving all the tools needed to the MCC interface. I want it all in there as choice.

So in some button holding somehting like settings it will include cache settings. In there you would be able to choose. Something like you see here (but not complete or a promise, just idea sharing here where i work towards):

Un-cache rules : 1) Player near [DISTANCE], 2) Never, 3) Enemy near [DISTANCE]

Cache rules : 1) Player near [DISTANCE], 2) Never, 3) Enemy near [DISTANCE]

DISTANCE : 1) Viewdistance player + 500, 2 ) <any number>

Caching West : OFF, ON FOR ALL, ON FOR SELECTED GROUPS, ON FOR INFANTRY , ON FOR GROUND etc

Caching East : repeat

You get the idea i gues. It means that caching is completely in control for MCC controller. And it will work for any mission out there. The idea is to implement it in such a way that anybody would be able to setup his caching in ANY way and in ANY combination he would ever wanted. So sharing your needs helps a lot. Keep it coming!

Edited by spirit6

Well caching is completely optional at the moment as it is per group disabled and enabled and by default it is off. But when that is implemented I will work on giving all the tools needed to the MCC interface. I want it all in there as choice.

So in some button holding somehting like settings it will include cache settings. In there you would be able to choose. Something like you see here (but not complete or a promise, just idea sharing here where i work towards):

Un-cache rules : 1) Player near [DISTANCE], 2) Never, 3) Enemy near [DISTANCE]

Cache rules : 1) Player near [DISTANCE], 2) Never, 3) Enemy near [DISTANCE]

DISTANCE : 1) Viewdistance player + 500, 2 ) <any number>

Caching West : OFF, ON FOR ALL, ON FOR SELECTED GROUPS, ON FOR INFANTRY , ON FOR GROUND etc

Caching East : repeat

You get the idea i gues. It means that caching is completely in control for MCC controller. And it will work for any mission out there. The idea is to implement it in such a way that anybody would be able to setup his caching in ANY way and in ANY combination he would ever wanted. So sharing your needs helps a lot. Keep it coming!

Hi MCC Team,

First I would like to congratulate you on the development of this mod. It adds a whole new immersion to the game, your plataform is mandatory on our coop sessions.

Since your objetive is mainly dedicated servers, which is our case, your caching system will help a lot building missions that last long.

What we really miss is the lack of a system that saves missions progress as a whole, including ammo, player positions, enemies positions, real state of tasks, ammo crates...

Just asking, because every new feature of MCC makes us happy and willing to play more and more, do you guys have plans to add such feature?

Can you hand over the mission that you load including the mod list? I will go on our server with players to play test it. I haven't seen the issue on our server yet so any extra's that can help us tackle is awesome. Just pm me a link with the mission load would be awesome.

*edit* Just saved and loaded a huge mission file with no issues. Does this occur only when players ARE connected (i know you type that but i need to know explicit)? So if the mission maker carries out loading alone on the server the issue is less or not noticable?

Thanks!

spirit6 has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

I typed up a long thing with links and stuff to PM you but your inbox is full

Please publish this as a additional option.

In my opinion the option would benefit solo play mission's, at least for the purpose of quick gear selection. I've played around with the built in mcc gear selection but until it's refined vas integration would be awesome.

Great work on the mod!

Thanks for the detailed explanation spirit.

It all sounds to good to be true :) Its almost mandatory for any serious mission to have a cache system with the way arma3 chews up the cpu.And the way you say the mcc controller can alter the cacheing is fantastic. I cant wait.

Any idea on a release date as of yet?