shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

Well this will be hard to do. First, even if I'll make a split screen MCC (which I need to learn how and redo the UI) you won't be able to use it in split screen as an MFD because of the way the ArmA engine works. Once a display is open you loose control over you mouse to the open display. So you woldn't be able to do much when MCC is open. The closest thing I can think about is adding another layout rscTitle (just like in the 3D editor once it is moving) that will only show the groups on the map for the mission maker even when MCC is closed.

Shay - that would be great too but only if you think it will contribute to MCC - thanks

Just to clarify for people who are asking about caching. ALiVE Profiles System is very different to Unit Caching and really it has a completely different purpose - the fact that Profiling happens to remove AI and free up CPU resource is almost incidental, although obviously advantageous given the engine limitations. While MCC is a spectacular tool for providing ultimate control of the player environment, ALiVE is completely different concept aimed at creating a generic ambient battlefield. In the end, both Unit Caching and Profiling have their advantages and disadvantages and there are several important things that Caching can do that Profiling cannot. Both have their merits in different scenarios but are unlikely to ever be directly compatible.

On a separate note, we believe strongly that this community has in the past suffered from far too much internecine conflict between opposing mods, to the detriment of us all, so the ALiVE team is currently looking at methods by which mission makers can have more control over what is Profiled. All being well, this will hopefully allow for mission makers to use elements of ALiVE in conjunction with MCC should they wish to.

No promises though - YMMW, Ready-When-It's-Ready.com and Coming Soon ;

Edit: for the sake of the MCC's team sanity, please keep any ALiVE related questions to the ALiVE thread! I'll shut up now and get back in my box.

Thanks for explaining how alive works mate. Although i would love to see MCC and ALIVE work together it is not our focus to integrate with other mods. We have a clear goal for MCC to go and with that we need our own Caching sytem. No doubt in my mind that Alive caching works differently :)

One of the things we need it for is persistent ongoing mission environment.

man, wtf??, game crash when I login into the mcc mod, I use cba addons, and with the previous version of mcc I never have a problem

man, wtf??, game crash when I login into the mcc mod, I use cba addons, and with the previous version of mcc I never have a problem

Providing some actual information, like your .rpt file, launch params, etc. is customary.

Hi Shay, I pinpointed the solution for my issue (I can't access MCC after respawn). It has nothing to do with MCC itself, there are some conflicts with bCombat mod. As soon as I removed bCombat from the active mods, I can respawn infinitely and still enter MCC console again. Thank for the patience.

^^ then please post this in the bCombat thread so Fab can fix it.

emm the only information that I can provide is that I use MCC in a single player mission builded into the Arma 3 editor. and then can access to the MCC menu with green letter and last when I tried to log in game crash and goes to the desktop :S ¿what could be the problem?

^^ then please post this in the bCombat thread so Fab can fix it.

Ok I'll do it!

emm the only information that I can provide is...

Why can't you provide your .rpt? It is located in C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Arma 3.

As well, your launch parameters. How are you launching A3?

Thanks for explaining how alive works mate. Although i would love to see MCC and ALIVE work together it is not our focus to integrate with other mods. We have a clear goal for MCC to go and with that we need our own Caching sytem. No doubt in my mind that Alive caching works differently :)

One of the things we need it for is persistent ongoing mission environment.

Indeed, and of course the same from our perspective though we do make every effort where possible. Insofar as caching and mission persistence goes though, it seems both MCC and ALiVE are working in a very different way even if we have the same end goal in mind. Unfortunately this means they will likely never to be directly compatible.

Well since we share the same goals and I would hate to see MCC and Alive not working together. The cashing system as well as most features of MCC can be turned off. On a side note we will do what we can to make sure this two add-ons will work together.

first of all: sorry for my bad english, is not my primary language, second: how about rpt. files? I need to send you via Email? or post here? and last, I cannot find any launch Parameter, sorry im Noob.

Played with MCC (addon) and @C17a3 addon yesterday. When I deleted a C17 (select in MCC, then delete on the right), my Arma crashed but it was deleted. Reconnected to the server, deleted the second c17... all clients crashed.

Hi Shay and Spirit

When i use artilery, the delay option not working...

even if i set the delay to 20s or more, the artilery drops immediatly

Rookie MCC operator here, but I think the delay is between rounds. The first round spawns immediately, then the delay kicks in

Indeed, and of course the same from our perspective though we do make every effort where possible. Insofar as caching and mission persistence goes though, it seems both MCC and ALiVE are working in a very different way even if we have the same end goal in mind. Unfortunately this means they will likely never to be directly compatible.

Yep. Like Shay said, our on/off option should save the day for people wanting to use both. What i meant is that we need our own caching system for our future needs. But MCC is used in a varying way by people, one of them is with ALIVE.

Does changing the 'mccPresets' actually work in the init.sqf when using the Mod version? Because it does not appear to be working.

well, I`ll try to explain my situation: Im ussing mcc 4 for arma 3 FULL in a single player mission created in the arma 3 editor, but when I choose the menu option "mission generator" the only thing thats shows is a little windown with few options (view of grass, distance view and loggin/log out) not the great pad with all options thats shows in the previous version of this mod. so, when I tried to loggin in this little windowns, game crash and get back to the desktop. solutions?

Hi shay and spirit,

have been using mcc for a while now,however lately when using mission wizard to generate a mission,the game either freezes or out rite crashes to desktop a second after it completes setting up the mission and giving me the objective..I set up a zone of about 1KM.Set a simple clear area mission with just infantry and road blocks in the parameters and exact location to be used,and the settings on 10 players, hard difficulty.(Though im just in editor sp at moment)

Enemy is blufor,NATO faction.Could it be something to do with a mod that adds BLUFOR custom vehicles or units?

I dont know what other info i can give,i am using other mods of course but i never had issues before.I retried making a mission with the mission generator using different presets but i still either freeze or crash.

The maps i can say iv had issues with is takistan and malden using A3MP.

I dont know whats causing it,any help would be great.

Thanks

Hi shay and spirit,

have been using mcc for a while now,however lately when using mission wizard to generate a mission,the game either freezes or out rite crashes to desktop a second after it completes setting up the mission and giving me the objective..I set up a zone of about 1KM.Set a simple clear area mission with just infantry and road blocks in the parameters and exact location to be used,and the settings on 10 players, hard difficulty.(Though im just in editor sp at moment)

Enemy is blufor,NATO faction.Could it be something to do with a mod that adds BLUFOR custom vehicles or units?

I dont know what other info i can give,i am using other mods of course but i never had issues before.I retried making a mission with the mission generator using different presets but i still either freeze or crash.

The maps i can say iv had issues with is takistan and malden using A3MP.

I dont know whats causing it,any help would be great.

Thanks

Just a quicky here. Can you please find out yourself if other mods cause the issue? Its quite hard to check for us on every mod out there. Tonight we played again on MCC Nights server with @A3MP maps on it. Secondy, we test ourself (mcc dev) alsoin editor sp BUT SP is not supported. So, there is no advice other then help minimize the issue (removing mods) so you make very sure it is not another mod.

I have a question regarding the MCC console and VAS. In the MOD version, when you place the VAS on something and access it, under items, you have the option for players to chose the MCC console. If you do not run the mod version, and play the MP version, when you use the VAS that MCC console is not available. Any suggestions and thank you.

I have a question regarding the MCC console and VAS. In the MOD version, when you place the VAS on something and access it, under items, you have the option for players to chose the MCC console. If you do not run the mod version, and play the MP version, when you use the VAS that MCC console is not available. Any suggestions and thank you.

The mod version has an own console item, the non-mod version uses the UAV Terminal as the same item.

Is there anyway to edit or remove the VAS system in MCC as it does conflict with some issues as all addons are present in the VAS Box and it loads very slowly. If there is a fix to this that would be awesome.