shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

Hey guys,

I have a problem with the MCC-Sandbox 4.

I can only generate Missions at the Mapps Altis and Stratis.

If I want to generate a mission on Mapp Fata I will get a errormessage:

ERROR:

mapSiza param not defined for 'Fata'

The same for all other Mapps from Arma 3 Mapppack (A3MP)

Where is the Mistake?

thanks and have a nice day

Headi

Hey guys,

I have a problem with the MCC-Sandbox 4.

I can only generate Missions at the Mapps Altis and Stratis.

If I want to generate a mission on Mapp Fata I will get a errormessage:

ERROR:

mapSiza param not defined for 'Fata'

The same for all other Mapps from Arma 3 Mapppack (A3MP)

Where is the Mistake?

thanks and have a nice day

Headi

Define a zone and set thr mission in current zone rather than whole map. If you want to use the whole map, then make a zone that covers the whole map. A3MP maps are not configured to do whole map missions you you must set zones.

Hi,

Does the spawning to zone (either add to zone or using the create button) work with a headless client?

It seems that only adding units via the 3D editor create units within the HC, but the spawn option does not.

Thanks

Hi,

is this Mod also for Mission editing like Altis life? (Placing objects & stuff..)

Thank you.

Heres a question I made a mission in mcc4 and it take place at night however I would like the enemy to have no nvgs so they dont spot me so easily and I can have a actual stealth mission. So how do I go about doing that thanks other then that awesome but one other thing though I noticed after you die you cant play the same mission you have to generate a new one why?

Heres a question I made a mission in mcc4 and it take place at night however I would like the enemy to have no nvgs so they dont spot me so easily and I can have a actual stealth mission. So how do I go about doing that thanks other then that awesome but one other thing though I noticed after you die you cant play the same mission you have to generate a new one why?

To remove night vision from all AI units of a specific side use the following code, paste it in the MCC debug window and run on server:

{
if (!isPlayer _x) then {
_x unassignItem "NVGoggles_OPFOR";
_x removeItem "NVGoggles_OPFOR";
};
} forEach allUnits;

The above code will remove all NVG's for OPFOR AI

In case you want to remove nvg's for other factions replace "NVGoggles_OPFOR" by "NVGoggles" for Nato./west or "NVGoggles_INDEP" for independent/guerrilla

---------- Post added at 09:15 ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 ----------

Hi,

Does the spawning to zone (either add to zone or using the create button) work with a headless client?

It seems that only adding units via the 3D editor create units within the HC, but the spawn option does not.

Thanks

It should work but is broken for the moment. Please see this reply:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?150909-MCC-Sandbox-3-Dynamic-mission-creating-tool-for-ArmA-3&p=2655005&viewfull=1#post2655005

Hi Shay and Spirit,

This may seem like a daft question :D but is there a way to make animals follow an AI unit e.g. a goat herder using MCC? ;)

really like the jukebox function, but is it possible to add custom sounds/music to it? And if so, how?

Jukebox is reading the cfgMusic do a quick search and find out how to create your custom music config. MCC will read it.

I usually let the mission generator create missions, is it possible to make the things it adds not visible on the map? (I am aware of the "show markers" and "precise locations" functions, but we still tend to find the objectives very close to some of the markers)

You mean not even showing the mission maker zones or the task locations?

Whenever I try to insert my buddy and myself via any evac (e.g. fastroping , helocasting etc.) I get automatically ejected out of the helicopter on destination, but my buddy stays in for some reason and literally flies back without being dropped off. Does anyone know why that is?

I'll check it out.

I edited a little FOB on Altis (I added flags, custom units, vehicles etc.) and saved it several times (not as sqm). However when I load the different saves, each one has several things missing. One save has no units, one has no flags and fortifications etc. Am I doing something wrong when saving? (I build the mission with MCC; select a slot and rename it and then hit "save").

Saving as SQF not SQM will save only the things you have made in the current instance so if you've loaded a template kept on working on it, saved it and loaded it again only the last part will be loaded.

You can merge them manually or use the save to SQM. I'll work on the save options further after the next release.

Hi,

is this Mod also for Mission editing like Altis life? (Placing objects & stuff..)

Thank you.

Yes if the server allows it.

Hey guys,

next Problem: How can I set the missions exactly in the marked area? Every time it's are not in the area!

It should be exactly in the military Base.

U can see it at picture!

http://picload.org/image/lodadic/problem1.jpg (481 kB)

The mission generated randomly inside the zone you have designated or the entire map. At the picture you have selected the mission center is the town and the objectives are spawned by their type and best locations. Such as destroy objectives will spawn in an open area while secure/kill HVT or acquire item will spawn in open area or inside buildings if the mission is set to a CQB mission.

Hi Shay and Spirit,

This may seem like a daft question :D but is there a way to make animals follow an AI unit e.g. a goat herder using MCC? ;)

Well we haven't got this far I never thought that the the piper of Hamelin was a wanted feature.

Hi Shay and Spirit,

join us on mcc Wednesday tonight and see all animals follow you@

But no. Animals are not part of gaia (mcc ai)

Jukebox is reading the cfgMusic do a quick search and find out how to create your custom music config. MCC will read it.

I will try that, I guess it is enough (like with the custom sound files) if one player has the music file, right? Like my buddy won't need the files to hear them?

You mean not even showing the mission maker zones or the task locations?

Yeah, pretty much. Like it would be nice to have a blank map, (just with the objectives but so that you can NOT see their locations). For example, if you look closely: in kill HVT missions there is a always a little orange square where the target is in, most of the times close to an "objective #" marker. And this ofcourse takes away the "finding" part (another good example would be searching for intel in a city).

I'll check it out.

Thank you!

Saving as SQF not SQM will save only the things you have made in the current instance so if you've loaded a template kept on working on it, saved it and loaded it again only the last part will be loaded.

You can merge them manually or use the save to SQM. I'll work on the save options further after the next release.

That would explain a lot. I guess I exactly made this mistake, many thanks again for explaining that. I will do some testing with the SQM saving and see if that works. What do you mean by merging manually?

Also: is there any issue with using the installed mod version of MCC on an MCC template map (besides getting two menu options?). Because I like to be able to have MCC everywhere, but I don't really know how to create a map like the MCC template from scratch with MCC (with the respawns, reviving etc. all working).

And another thing worth mentioning: Guys, you did a really f***ing great job with this mod. I literally got two people into arma just due to this mod, because of the possibilites it allows for and tedious things it removes!

Edited by Stricky

join us on mcc Wednesday tonight and see all animals follow you@

But no. Animals are not part of gaia (mcc ai)

Haha maybe next week. It seems this was problem in Arma 2 MP too. I spend a lot of time in Clafghan and think an occasional goat herder would be good. ;)

Also: is there any issue with using the installed mod version of MCC on an MCC template map (besides getting two menu options?). Because I like to be able to have MCC everywhere, but I don't really know how to create a map like the MCC template from scratch with MCC (with the respawns, reviving etc. all working).

There is no problem other then you have to choose :) You use the MOD version OR you use the mission version. You dont use both or you get indeed double menu's and who knows what else sort of issues.

If you use the mod then you will find the template mission on the server automated as it is integrated in the mod.

Alright figured. Now, does the mod version have any significant advantages over the map-version? (besides that I can use the mod-version on any map). Because I have some issues with the mission template the mod versions contains: I downloaded and activated the mod and as you said it comes with a template. But for some reason I can not get respawn working on that template like on the map version. When I die I end up in the death screen WITHOUT the respawn option, if I try to hit escape and click respawn nothing happens (this is the case no matter whether I set a respawn location or not).

Also: I did a little testing with this SQM saving thing: the problem I have here is that when I save the text file into a sqm mission some of the things are gone. Also a lot of the scripts etc. are missing, no respawning etc. etc. is this the way it is? Because then it really isn't an alternative to the profile-textfile saving method.

A few questions that came up aswell:

- is it possible to rotate the markers you can insert via MCC?

- is it possible to have two people use MCC at the same time and edit via the 3d editor at the same time? (like, did you restrict it that way or are there issues with the engine/etc.?)

Hey, don't know if this was reported but AAF is always friendly to Nato.

Even changing the mission config still is enemy.

Hey, don't know if this was reported but AAF is always friendly to Nato.

Even changing the mission config still is enemy.

I was having this issue as well, but it was not related to MCC. Double check the mission in the game's 2D editor, check Intel and make sure that Independents are not set to BLUFOR friendly. I believe they are by default.

Ha, nice work!

Like usual, some questions here and there:

Will you be able to do similar things with simple markers aswell? (like rotating etc. in the 2d Editor)

Is it by engine possible to have two people in MCC editing at the same time? If so, do you intend to implement something like that?

As I already mentioned, it is a little confusing that those zones can be seen by everyone on the map. Is there a way that only the mission maker in MCC sees those markers and normal players don't? (because of the already mentioned reasons, e.g. that objectives you are supposed to find can easily be found by searching for the little "orange boxes/zones" on the map).

@Shay - WIP - great as always - thanks

Hi guys!

I got a problem, hope someone could point me out in the right direction: I play with some of my friends, and I act both as a normal player, and as mission maker. When I die and respawn I am no longer able to enter MCC anymore, I get no option in the action menu! So basically if I die, mission is over cause I can no longer move groups, create dynamic things.. You know, what makes MCC so cool xD

Sorry if it's already being answered somewhere but I'm in a bit of a struggle by reading 150 page thread! I sugget to add such info into the first post, cause probably is not a rare scenario.

Btw, great video update! Looking forward to get my hand on the new release!

I was having this issue as well, but it was not related to MCC. Double check the mission in the game's 2D editor, check Intel and make sure that Independents are not set to BLUFOR friendly. I believe they are by default.

I'm using the MCC template as pbo not a custom mission.

hi when i click the =_MCC_= button and say login arma 3 stop working

why stop working??