shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

Is it possible to have multiple mission editors enabled?

if so that would be awesome!

Re:"I am having some issues with the new version of MCC. When I am in the 3d editor there is no "Apply Button", also the "Create SQF" button appears to be absent?

I am very keen to create 3d editor placed objects and put them in the Mission SQF however with above it does not appear possible.

It is worth noting I am running 5760 x 1080 resolution, however I tried various other resolutions (in case the apply button was out of range in my resolution) to no avail.

Appreciate your help."

Your reply:

Apply button has been removed – just switch units or add presets there is no need to press apply anymore.

Understood, however should the save to SQM button be missing also? re:

<a  href=MCCsavetosqm.jpg' alt='MCCsavetosqm.jpg'

Have tried to paste to notepad and no luck so far.

Also using the save to profile pastes the objects to the init in the left panel but does not apply in game. (likely I am doing it wrong)

Edited by Dogdoor

A couple of noob questions.

In MP with MCC mod.

if I die I respawn in situ rather than to team.

I have set respawn to team [4] in the desc file.

Can anyone point me to instructions on "Steel rain" artillery in console?

thanks

GH

possible bug/glitch just cleared/deleted all of my save 'Profiles'. Where exactly are they saving and why would they just disappear like that? IDK what i did to make them disappear but its very disturbing to find out that your saves may just randomly disappear.

MCC terrain detail bug that many have been getting for months:

I have the same problem.

Is anyone else having an issue where on a dedicated server the time in missions goes back (or forward, I cant remember) an hour when it starts? I'm not sure if its MCC but I am trying to narrow it down.

Ello fellas.

I have been using MCC in conjuction with Dynamic Universal War System coop mission. Whenever I die in DUWS I lose access to the MCC console. Is there another shortcut to access it other than the scroll commands? Or is there a way I can circumvent losing access to it (aside from never dying of course)?

Also, does anyone know of any unmodded base templates I can launch MCC from. The MCC templates are just empty bases. Looking for a map that has a filled out starting base. Cheers.

You should ask on the DUWS forum. Most likely the players is switched after you die rather than respawn.

Is it possible to have multiple mission editors enabled?

if so that would be awesome!

Nope by definition there can be only one mission maker and we would love to keep it this way.

Re:"I am having some issues with the new version of MCC. When I am in the 3d editor there is no "Apply Button", also the "Create SQF" button appears to be absent?

I am very keen to create 3d editor placed objects and put them in the Mission SQF however with above it does not appear possible.

Understood, however should the save to SQM button be missing also? re:

http://i417.photobucket.com/albums/pp256/dogdoor123/MCC/MCCsavetosqm.jpg

Have tried to paste to notepad and no luck so far.

Also using the save to profile pastes the objects to the init in the left panel but does not apply in game. (likely I am doing it wrong)

Your post was a bit confusing to read but I'll try my best answering:

Save to SQM and save to SQF are in the save/load menu and not in the 3D editor menu. The extension that you have opened in the picture is not for saving a mission but to save a DOC (dynamic object composition) which is a mash of objects saved for further use.

You should check this video – it is the old interface but same functionality

A couple of noob questions.

In MP with MCC mod.

if I die I respawn in situ rather than to team.

I have set respawn to team [4] in the desc file.

Can anyone point me to instructions on "Steel rain" artillery in console?

thanks

GH

If start location has been set you will respawn at the start location for your side.

Regarding the use of Steel rain – the mission maker should give the type and amount of ordnance for the players from the Artillery menu – pick the type and the number press "ADD" the players will get a message like" 50 82mm shells have been added".

The mission maker can even attach real artillery or virtual artiilery with the "Forward Observer Artillery" in the 3D editor or using the FO template in the DOC objects.

Now the player who is holding the handheld console should press F4 and direct the shots relative to his position, angle, elevation exc and set them to each available cannon if it is a virtual one he will have 5 cannons if it is a real one it will have the same amount as the artillery pieces placed by the mission maker.

I think this video covers that better:

possible bug/glitch just cleared/deleted all of my save 'Profiles'. Where exactly are they saving and why would they just disappear like that? IDK what i did to make them disappear but its very disturbing to find out that your saves may just randomly disappear.

It will happened if you deleted you profile or changed it – everything is save to the user's profileNameSpace.

MCC terrain detail bug that many have been getting for months:

It can't be months as it fixed for MCC 3 and now I need to fix again for MCC 4.

When I've put in a lot of units in MCC and try to save to SQM, this is what it outputs:

"version=12;

class Mission

{

addOns[] = {};

addOnsAuto[] = {};

randomSeed = 86547.6;

class Intel {};

class Groups

{

items= 0;

};

class Vehicles

{

items= 0;

};

};

class Intro {

addOns[] = {};

addOnsAuto[] = {};

randomSeed = 86547.6;

class Intel {};

};

class OutroWin {

addOns[] = {};

addOnsAuto[] = {};

randomSeed = 86547.6;

class Intel {};

};

class OutroLoose {

addOns[] = {};

addOnsAuto[] = {};

randomSeed = 86547.6;

class Intel {};

};

"

Of course you cannot see any units in there.

Question!

How do i play custom music in MCC?

the point is

where should i put this ogg custom music files?

MCC holds no feature to put custom music into play. It play's what is available, for that see addon making.

On a side note, tonight we play our MCC Night and you are welcome to join. Check out going4.com and signup to see how to join.

@Spirit / Shay ... nice having yr own MCC server, think we could learn alot from y guys !! - will talk to the community -have fun

When I've put in a lot of units in MCC and try to save to SQM, this is what it outputs:

"version=12;

class Mission

{

addOns[] = {};

addOnsAuto[] = {};

randomSeed = 86547.6;

class Intel {};

class Groups

{

items= 0;

};

class Vehicles

{

items= 0;

};

};

class Intro {

addOns[] = {};

addOnsAuto[] = {};

randomSeed = 86547.6;

class Intel {};

};

class OutroWin {

addOns[] = {};

addOnsAuto[] = {};

randomSeed = 86547.6;

class Intel {};

};

class OutroLoose {

addOns[] = {};

addOnsAuto[] = {};

randomSeed = 86547.6;

class Intel {};

};

"

Of course you cannot see any units in there.

Clearly you are trying to save some units spawned not from the 3D editor. So far the save to SQM works only for objects/units spawned from the 3D editor only. In time every thing will be saved to SQM.

MCC holds no feature to put custom music into play. It play's what is available, for that see addon making.

On a side note, tonight we play our MCC Night and you are welcome to join. Check out going4.com and signup to see how to join.

Not so true Spirit. MCC reads CfgMusic so if you want to add tracks in it you need to exetend it using the description file.

example:

class CfgMusic {

class ac130

{

name = "ac130";

sound[] = {"sounds\ac130.ogg", 1, 1};

titles[] = {};

};

class mcc_wind

{

name = "mcc_wind";

sound[] = {"sounds\wind.ogg", 1, 1};

titles[] = {};

};

};

Did u make progress to the problem i posted 2 weeks ago (AC-130 Screen in MCC Console turns black, Crosshair still present) ?

Been having an issue with A3MP objects in the 3D Editor. Here's a link to some screenshots. Some object names won't display in the drop-down menu, but the objects can still be selected and are place-able. This issue only seems to occur with A3MP objects, however, I did not have this issue when using MCC 3.

Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems that Headless client support is broken in MCC?

_hc = ppEffectCreate ["filmGrain", 2005];
if (_hc == -1) then // is HC
{
MCC_isHC = true;
MCC_isLocalHC = true;
MCC_ownerHC = owner player;
publicVariable "MCC_isHC";
publicVariable "MCC_ownerHC";
}

The command owner from what I've seen returns 0 if run on the client and when I tested this the MCC_ownerHC variable was 0 while the MCC_isHC variable is true on clients.

(Ref: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/owner)

Looks like you need to ask the server to set the headless client owner id.

You should ask on the DUWS forum. Most likely the players is switched after you die rather than respawn.

It can't be months as it fixed for MCC 3 and now I need to fix again for MCC 4.

Maybe that's what it was. It was gone for a while and now it's back. I only just started noticing it again with MCC 4, so hopefully it's an easy fix for you :)

Hello,

I have been seeing some problems with mcc that maybe someone else has found?

The mission editor gets very slow and unresponsive.

To a point that it takes 5 mins for your spawn to appear.

We did a very simple operation, only about 30 AI, and this was after a fresh server restart, at the begining it was even laggy and slow for mcc to place units,

but the ingame experince was not laggy, just MCC was lagging.

Any input would be awesome.

Thanks,

~SOFTACT

Hello,

We did a very simple operation, only about 30 AI, and this was after a fresh server restart, at the begining it was even laggy and slow for mcc to place units,

Thanks,

~SOFTACT

The first MCC 4 release did hold an issue. Make sure you are on the latest release. (also on server).

Time to share a little roadmap:

Spirit is working on making GAIA smarter and finer (I must say that playing with GAIA really gives an edge for me in terms of AI behavior) but the better news is that Spirit is working on implementing Nord's caching

System in MCC we still waiting on Nord approval and maybe even help so if Nord is reading it – we waiting for your response /

So far Spirit managed to put 4000 groups (yeah you are reading right) on the map and still getting a great performance Spirit will probably give some more information later.

On my end:

- I'm fixing some UI problems and glitches and most of your bugs reports.

- I've already added the ability to keep on spawning groups and artillery buy holding Ctrl without the need to press Create all the time.

- Also I've added an artillery markers so the player can see the spread of the ordnance on the map.

- Also I've moved the reinforcement units to GAIA (it was still depending on UPSMON and BIS behavior).

- HALO and pardrop script updated thanks to Ollem.

- I'm putting efforts on the Role Selection implementing iniDB in order to save a persistence players stats and gear DB on the server in a more easy way of editing gear and leveling reward.

- More to RS I'm planning on adding some more PvP options such as tickets bleed, control's area and restricted areas – but it is not first priority.

- I'm working on improving the save functions – save to sqf should save custom WP and even add the ability to save the whole mission as SQM file – so fat I've managed to add the DOC objects to SQM and it is all just a matter of time.

- On the 3D editor I'm working on giving the mission maker the ability to move pre placed objects and the ability to alter them after they have been placed.

There are a lot more that we are working on it to deliver you a stable and great mission making tool with the little time that we have on our hands.

Did u make progress to the problem i posted 2 weeks ago (AC-130 Screen in MCC Console turns black, Crosshair still present) ?

Yeah I'm checking it but I can't get the same results as you did. Can you share more details to reproduce it.

Been having an issue with A3MP objects in the 3D Editor. Here's a link to some screenshots. Some object names won't display in the drop-down menu, but the objects can still be selected and are place-able. This issue only seems to occur with A3MP objects, however, I did not have this issue when using MCC 3.

Well MCC looks for the displayname I'll add a check if the display name is empty it will show the class name.

Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems that Headless client support is broken in MCC?

_hc = ppEffectCreate ["filmGrain", 2005];
if (_hc == -1) then // is HC
{
MCC_isHC = true;
MCC_isLocalHC = true;
MCC_ownerHC = owner player;
publicVariable "MCC_isHC";
publicVariable "MCC_ownerHC";
}

The command owner from what I've seen returns 0 if run on the client and when I tested this the MCC_ownerHC variable was 0 while the MCC_isHC variable is true on clients.

(Ref: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/owner)

Looks like you need to ask the server to set the headless client owner id.

Interesting, Ollem is the guy behind HC so I didn't really got into it too much but from reading your post I think I understand what is wrong, I should spawn something first on the HC and then get the owner instead of owner player – I'll update it for next release.

Maybe that's what it was. It was gone for a while and now it's back. I only just started noticing it again with MCC 4, so hopefully it's an easy fix for you :)

Yeah it is an easy fix will be there shortly.

Hello,

Thanks,

~SOFTACT

It was a know issue with the initial release of MCC 4 and fortify behavior – make sure you are up to date. If it still happening post exactly what you did and we will check it out

Hello,

Thanks,

~SOFTACT

hey Shay Gmam sometimes i have the same problem.

Last time i spawned 2 big zones with 6 sqads with GAIA

about 30 minutes after the mission editor gets slow and unresponsive. could you check this?

i love you mod. thank you for your splendid work and support!

Question!

How do i play custom music in MCC?

the point is

where should i put this ogg custom music files?

hey Shay Gmam sometimes i have the same problem.

Last time i spawned 2 big zones with 6 sqads

about 30 minutes after the mission editor gets slow and unresponsive. could you check this?

i love you mod. thank you for your splendid work and support!

Can you please, just like the person you quote make sure that the latest mod version is running on client and server? As this seems like a first release issue that has not been exprienced after the fix. (we also play during our wednesday mcc night for several hours and do not experience any of this with latest release).

Hi Spirit, i download from Play W 6, now im SP

Thank you :)

anyway ill try download again, Just in case.

Edited by Rapax

@Rapax Ok mate, just be advised that sinple player is not supported and not tested (unless you mean playing alone in a multiplayer environment).

Since still not have found the time to produce a video that shows the GAIA ai in MCC. Then i gues sharing a jester movie shows a bit of all. The results of mission generation and AI behavior (and executed in a fast pace style how i like it most ). I hope its ok the link there Jest?

I'll take a look at Headless Client related code - The current code is still ArmA 2 based and some things have changed/can be done different in the mean time.