shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

Hy there!

Thx for this awsome Mod! But since the Last update (R19) I got this error message after trying to start the Multiplayer-Editor: "Include file mcc_sandbox_mod\sampleMissions\MCC_Template.Stratis\defines.hpp not found."

Am i the only one who gets this, and does anyone know a fix for this?

Greets Ratax

Redownload it again. The first release had this bug and we fixed it 30 minutes later.

Redownload it again. The first release had this bug and we fixed it 30 minutes later.

Thx for the quick help :) All works fine for the moment

Oh and Shy the IR laser that i mention before now seemd fixed. :D

I would like to report a similar issue as to that I saw on the previous page involving the Fortify command: specifically I can load up the mission version (Altis) of MCC, use the 3D editor and the DOC category to quickly make a FOB (Large), create a zone with the fortify behavior and spawn any number of units from any category inside the zone, and while their behavior seems to be correct, MCC from that point seems to slow down/stall out. (Same issues, after selecting MCC on the action menu, can take full minutes to come up, and full minutes after that to register interactions).

And to make it seem like I'm not just complaining about bugs, this has made me add MCC as a permanent fixture to many of the missions I run. I love being able to quickly hook up organic air and artillary assets for either side and have them just go to work. THANK YOU SO MUCH@!!!!

I would like to report a similar issue as to that I saw on the previous page involving the Fortify command: specifically I can load up the mission version (Altis) of MCC, use the 3D editor and the DOC category to quickly make a FOB (Large), create a zone with the fortify behavior and spawn any number of units from any category inside the zone, and while their behavior seems to be correct, MCC from that point seems to slow down/stall out. (Same issues, after selecting MCC on the action menu, can take full minutes to come up, and full minutes after that to register interactions).

And to make it seem like I'm not just complaining about bugs, this has made me add MCC as a permanent fixture to many of the missions I run. I love being able to quickly hook up organic air and artillary assets for either side and have them just go to work. THANK YOU SO MUCH@!!!!

Care to do some more tests:

1, If you do exactly the same as above but this time spawn a group on defensive behavior will it still lags?

2. Presume that you are testing it on a server does logging out of MCC and logging in or even exit to the lobby and coming back in fix that lag? I'm curious to know if it is a client or server lag.

Just to clarify: there is an issue with fortify, it will be fixed. Still i am curious about the results Shay asked one above. Please let us hear the outcome.

Thanks for not only sharing your issues :) It is good to hear some feedback. And then a free tip of the day. Fire up that mission you played already 100 times. Fire up MCC. Devide some zones where the enemy is. Select all units, clear their waypoints and 'give to gaia' in the right zones. It will be a total different mission ;) I did that with a few bis scenario's for testing. Was quite fun.

Hey there!

I made my first NON Mcc Mission a few days ago. I was not really impressed. Except to say they had VERY nice, granular, weather control. I could have it very overcast with lightning, and no rain (great for Fallujah).

I was going to request better weather controls, but I see you have made some changes. While they are great. I also see they change over time. I can set the rain slider to NOTHING, and over time it moves itself.

So, can we keep it from changing itself? Maybe make it a checkbox on that pane, on if we want dynamic or GM controlled weather?

Also, if I change the weather, it would be nice to see that transition happen over a few seconds (feathered) rather than all of a sudden.

Thank you for ALL you have done for us, and for listening to these requests.

Care to do some more tests:

1, If you do exactly the same as above but this time spawn a group on defensive behavior will it still lags?

2. Presume that you are testing it on a server does logging out of MCC and logging in or even exit to the lobby and coming back in fix that lag? I'm curious to know if it is a client or server lag.

Using the same scenario as above: Defensive Behavior with any group type does not cause lag (I use defensive behavior for the tanks I've placed around said FOB and two roving fire teams) logging out of MCC as the mission maker/logging back in does not fix the issue (oh and the pain of waiting for the window to clear up and catch up long enough for me to logout, hehe), neither does leaving the dedicated server (I tested and this issue occurs on both local-hosted and dedicated server execs). When I get back home from work I'll test out a couple of variations on this theme.

Also, just a general point of help you guys may know (as you are awesome) I'm trying to figure out a good way have a unit (say reinforcement) waypoint and join my player group, I've noticed that using the BIS waypoint type Join Group is INCREDIBLY finicky, any pro tips for having a unit waypoint over and join - it was a live unscripted thing where due to your new awesome AI I lost half a squad and had to get reinforced to continue mission - after running for my life to get out of the area where we were spotted (more awesomeness)?

Also

Guys,

I have been testing the new version, I am huge fan of MCC and our clan uses it to create missions on-the-fly.

I am getting this issue with MCC console taking long time to load. And not only with fortify stance, but with aggressive and defensive too (but only if I spawn many AI over 1km² zones or more).

The CAS Console is also taking long time to load.

What exactly is many? This sounds more like you run more then your computer can handle.

Hi Mate,

Not much, around 70-80 AI inside the zone.

I am running on dedicated server

Intel Xeon E5-1620v2 3.9GHz

128MB RAM

Arma running on RAM Disk.

Tx. We will check it out on our dedicated.

---------- Post added at 05:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 PM ----------

Hi Mate,

Not much, around 70-80 AI inside the zone.

I am running on dedicated server

Intel Xeon E5-1620v2 3.9GHz

128MB RAM

Arma running on RAM Disk.

Can you give me your exact course of action? I cannot reproduce this on my dedicated server.

Like this:

- Selected Island Stratis

- Made zone as big as the whole island

- Spawned 20 groups of 8 guys in behavior Agressive.

I see them all get waypoints. The server and the client MCC tool function well.

Do you hold a mod list? If so can you reproduce it without extra mods other then MCC? Thanks for your effort!

*edit*

I do see performance issues if:

- I enable track units

- Move from mcc to 3deditor multiple times

Then issue seems to stack. can you confirm this?

Edited by spirit6

is it possible , on weather tab to have an option NO RAIN AT ALL? because i need full overcast / no rain (rain=0)

but when i set full overcast and zero rain , after seconds , the rain start...

i see that below 50% overcast , the rain remain off .

Hi Spirit,

First, tried on Baghdad map

Mods: @A3MP, @Baghdad, @CBA, @JSRS, @MCC and @CAF Aggressors

Selected zone of around 1 km², spawned five groups of Infantry, 2 tanks, 4 .50 static

Spawned one ammo box with VAS and added CAS. Just that.

Fortify behavior and assigned to GAIA. The MCC console takes a lot of time to initiate.

Then I tried two more options, to see what was going on.

Tried Altis and Stratis with the same amount of units and the same mods, however changed the behavior to Aggressive on Altis and Defensive on Stratis.

Same zone size... and the same problem with MCC console.

I just didn't tried to spawn units without assign them to GAIA because I was testing it, but I will try tonight to see if the same problem occurs.

Edited by badder

is it possible , on weather tab to have an option NO RAIN AT ALL? because i need full overcast / no rain (rain=0)

but when i set full overcast and zero rain , after seconds , the rain start...

i see that below 50% overcast , the rain remain off .

The rain is set to 0 I believe that even if the rain is set to 0 (there is no increasing in value over time) the high overcast (over 0.5) generates rain.

Hi Spirit,

First, tried on Baghdad map

Mods: @A3MP, @Baghdad, @CBA, @JSRS, @MCC and @CAF Aggressors

Selected zone of around 1 km², spawned five groups of Infantry, 2 tanks, 4 .50 static

Spawned one ammo box with VAS and added CAS. Just that.

Fortify behavior and assigned to GAIA. The MCC console takes a lot of time to initiate.

Then I tried two more options, to see what was going on.

Tried Altis and Stratis with the same amount of units and the same mods, however changed the behavior to Aggressive on Altis and Defensive on Stratis.

Same zone size... and the same problem with MCC console.

I just didn't tried to spawn units without assign them to GAIA because I was testing it, but I will try tonight to see if the same problem occurs.

Is this happened instantly or over time (like an infinate loop clogging the system)?

The rain is set to 0 I believe that even if the rain is set to 0 (there is no increasing in value over time) the high overcast (over 0.5) generates rain.

Is this happened instantly or over time (like an infinate loop clogging the system)?

This is happening when I spawn the units,assign them to GAIA and start driving to the zone. The closest to the zone, the longer the console takes to open up.

Before that the MCC console opens up instantly.

So far we are able to reproduce MCC Console performance issues only with fortify. I created a fix for it that will be in the next update. I have seen that that solves the fortify issue. ( probably tomorrow or something). Ofcourse we go and try to find other performance issues, but we experience none. Not on editor preview,not on multiplayer local server, not on dedicated. So hard kill a non producable :)

Note that the Baghdad map is very PC hungry...

Hi Guys

Here's my problem;

I created a simple mission on Altis using only one zone (aggressive default). I put a group of 8 soldiers and a fire team on a town with fortify beheaviour for each. In SP or MP (LAN) It takes too much time to open MCC console and the console screen is up side down as if all the menus are opened at the same time. Besides, in SP ARMA CTD with a message like "Too many memory blocks demanded ...".

I will test it without fortify behavior and try to give a response later.

Thanks again for the new version.

Please keep up good work.

Mods: TPW_MODS, JSRS, CBA, A3MP

EDIT: TESTED NO PROBLEM WITHOUT FORTIFY BEHAVIOUR.

Edited by cihaners

Hi Guys

Here's my problem;

I created a simple mission on Altis using only one zone (aggressive default). I put a group of 8 soldiers and a fire team on a town with fortify beheaviour for each. In SP or MP (LAN) It takes too much time to open MCC console and the console screen is up side down as if all the menus are opened at the same time. Besides, in SP ARMA CTD with a message like "Too many memory blocks demanded ...".

I will test it without fortify behavior and try to give a response later.

Thanks again for the new version.

Please keep up good work.

Mods: TPW_MODS, JSRS, CBA, A3MP

EDIT: TESTED NO PROBLEM WITHOUT FORTIFY BEHAVIOUR.

2 posts above yours my friend:

So far we are able to reproduce MCC Console performance issues only with fortify. I created a fix for it that will be in the next update. I have seen that that solves the fortify issue. ( probably tomorrow or something).

Thanks I saw that post before. I Just want to confirm the same problem which is reproducable.

For those that want to have a go on a dedicated server. Join with only MCC latest and you can simple have a go on our dedicated server. Soon we also open up for joining us on some missions there. MCC Template mission is available for both islands.

Server admin pw: admini. Abuse of server will be followed by a nice ban and some love ;)

b_350x20_C692108-381007-FFFFFF-000000.png

@cihaners Thanks for confirming! All will be good :)

When i try to spawn groups,mcc says group spawned,but they do not.Im ony able to psawn single units.This just start happening.

I justed updated tpw mod,thats only thing different since it used to work.(it did work with latest version,just not today) any ideas?

---------- Post added at 11:40 ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 ----------

Furthere test.Its not spawning INDEPENDANT only.Just the individual units.

When i try to spawn groups,mcc says group spawned,but they do not.Im ony able to psawn single units.This just start happening.

I justed updated tpw mod,thats only thing different since it used to work.(it did work with latest version,just not today) any ideas?

---------- Post added at 11:40 ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 ----------

Furthere test.Its not spawning INDEPENDANT only.Just the individual units.

MCC holds no preference at all. It spawns what is in the mod. If you can select it on the client side but it does not show up on the server then the server is not running that mod.