shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

First of all a big thank you for this MCC Sandbox. I have been using it for quiet some time now on a dedicated server. This new version really looks fantastic now. Even more easy to use.

I have just one little thing i wanted to post here and wonder if it could be fixed.

When i create some tasks and i play and finish them also. They show up as task completed. All normal so far.

But when somebody joins or rejoins the session that is running then those tasks will show as still active.

So wonder if you could do anything about it or is it maybe too complicated to set them as done on a running session ?

Thanks and keep up the good work :)

What extra buildings?

If you go to the 3d editor structures.

None of the map's buildings are available.

Here are other things I saw:

- Reinforcement option is no longer available.

- "windows" in the main map should be closed when clicking in other option. (no overlap)

Ex. Click spawn and the Arty I have to windows with the buttons overlapped

- AI when is inside a structure, Hangar, it get stuck, Moving erratically in place, when I changed the zone. This is using GAI.

I will keep testing.

Feature request that to me is fundamental:

- Possibility to change the properties of an object that is already spawned.

- AI when is inside a structure, Hangar, it get stuck, Moving erratically in place, when I changed the zone. This is using GAI.

Just to get this straight. You put a unit into a building with the 3D editor. You 'give' the unit to GAIA control (so attach it to a zone) and you move a zone (and the group is not fortified?)? If that is the case then there is not much help for that in most cases. AI pathfinding in buildings is the same as ever(results vary per building actualy), its not a GAIA enhancement and for that no different then before. If something else is the case, please explain.

Edited by spirit6

Just to get this straight. You put a unit into a building with the 3D editor. You 'give' the unit to GAIA control (so attach it to a zone) and you move a zone (and the group is not fortified?)? If that is the case then there is not much help for that in most cases. AI pathfinding in buildings is the same as ever(results vary per building actualy), its not a GAIA enhancement and for that no different then before. If something else is the case, please explain.

I made a zone covering the entire AAF airfield.

Aggressive mode

Spawn a Group nato group - Sentry.

- They move inside the Hangar.

- Then I change the location of the zone to the city Therisa.

- They did not move.. they were just twitching inside the hangar.

Could be possible that is cause by Arma default path findings as you said.

1) The Helicopter air drop does not work. The chopper flies over, but does not drop any cargo.

1) Were/when I can't reproduce it on local host or dedicated on Altis. Which map/mod are you using?

Altis and Stratus maps. Running on my PC in mission editor using the preview button. No other PCs involved. Mods used are A3 CBA, MCC v4. Nothing else.

If I provide the player with an M-Tac console and add an airdrop the hint message says "[[]] added to player's console".

If I add an artillery round or CAS mission to the console, the "[[]]" part of the hint message provides a description of the item that was added. So, it looks like, on my PC at least, that the object to be dropped is not being added properly.

The item does not appear if I use the M-Tac console or if I call it from the Mission Maker's console. :(

I reloaded MCC r18 and it worked fine. The hint message provided a description of the item to be airdropped. And the item was dropped successfully.

I made a zone covering the entire AAF airfield.

Aggressive mode

Spawn a Group nato group - Sentry.

- They move inside the Hangar.

- Then I change the location of the zone to the city Therisa.

- They did not move.. they were just twitching inside the hangar.

Could be possible that is cause by Arma default path findings as you said.

Yes, if the AI gets stuck after they get an order to move it is default AI. Just like they did before. There is an active de-stuck code in GAIA but its not possible to safe the AI from getting stuck at all times.

1) The Helicopter air drop does not work. The chopper flies over, but does not drop any cargo.

1) Were/when I can't reproduce it on local host or dedicated on Altis. Which map/mod are you using?

Altis and Stratus maps. Running on my PC in mission editor using the preview button. No other PCs involved. Mods used are A3 CBA, MCC v4. Nothing else.

If I provide the player with an M-Tac console and add an airdrop the hint message says "[[]] added to player's console".

If I add an artillery round or CAS mission to the console, the "[[]]" part of the hint message provides a description of the item that was added. So, it looks like, on my PC at least, that the object to be dropped is not being added properly.

The item does not appear if I use the M-Tac console or if I call it from the Mission Maker's console. :(

I reloaded MCC r18 and it worked fine. The hint message provided a description of the item to be airdropped. And the item was dropped successfully.

Are you runing it on Single player? try runing it from any other mission on local host and not from the preview just play a mission and let me know your finding.

Thank you so much for this update !

It's possible to spawn dead civilians ?

Are you runing it on Single player? try runing it from any other mission on local host and not from the preview just play a mission and let me know your finding.

I found the problem. Apparently, I am an idiot. I wasn't pressing the "Add to list" button prior to calling for or adding the Airdrop to the console. So the airdrop delivered exactly what I had asked for...nothing.

Ugh. Sorry for wasting your time with my incompetence.

Once again, great work on the new interface.

congrats,Shay gman -Spirit, Outstanding work!

One question

if i place 1 heli transport in map and 1 infantry team near can GAiA when detect enemies order to embark or i have to group them (heli ánd group)?

S!

Awesome! I really love it. Thanks a lot and keep up the good work!

congrats,Shay gman -Spirit, Outstanding work!

One question

if i place 1 heli transport in map and 1 infantry team near can GAiA when detect enemies order to embark or i have to group them (heli ánd group)?

S!

Good to see you have a good time!

GAIA does organise a transportation phase during a cycle. (if that made no sense, it means it does organise transportation). Transportation is currently limited to vehicles and not yet helicopters. That is however planned. Not only for zone relocations but also for integration into their attack plans. I was simple out of time for what could be delivered on this version.

Troops get transported if:

-they are outside of their zone,

- have lots of distance to travel

- Their start position is relative close to road

- Their desitnation is close to a road.

- The to transported troops are infantry based

- The to transported troops fit in the vehicle

The above conditions are checked every GAIA cycle (about every 50 seconds).

Transported troops and the transporter get their orders cancelled if they get into combat or if the transported Troop is ordered to do an attack somewhere. It willl unload and both go seperate ways.

You can easlily test this by spawning 2 infantry groups and one truck (with driver in it!). Then move the zone more then 600 away. Keep watching in MCC. you will notice the troop groups will generate waypoints. Then they get updated with getin/unload. As soon as the first gruop is deliverd, the truck will go pickup the second grupo (unless they are already close enough by foot). The result should be that both groups arrive in the relocated zone and that truck should park there, waiting for the next transport duty. Be advised that ai drivers are not the best in the world, so keep that in mind when you move zones around. If they fuck up, sooner or later the system will reset the orders (i think after about 8 minutes an order 'times out').

I will show more in a video that i wil produce as there is a lot more to show then just this.

Edited by spirit6

Nice update! However before the update I could use the 3D Editor to make my maps, now I can not place any structure like for example Structures military house green.

Well apparently (Since i'm usually working in the dev build) BIS addes vehicleClasses to all the structures and that is why you don't see the structers option in the 3D and you see a lot of structers(military), structers(towns) exc... I really hope BIS will return the vehicleClasses back but till then i'll revert and i'll push an update in a bit.

Well apparently (Since i'm usually working in the dev build) BIS addes vehicleClasses to all the structures and that is why you don't see the structers option in the 3D and you see a lot of structers(military), structers(towns) exc... I really hope BIS will return the vehicleClasses back but till then i'll revert and i'll push an update in a bit.

First of all you did amazing work!

I can't connet from the console to a UAV...I tried to follow the steps you did in your Youtube video, but the is no "Connect to Uav" inside the console..

I also tried to add init but still no success..

Help pls

Toda :)

Can you make it so we can use the pop-up targets in the 3d editor? not all items from the 2d editor can be found in MCC's 3d editor. :(

In case you haven't found them look in the 3d editor under Objects [Training], I use them all the time.

As for the latest release GAIA is pretty nice. I did notice that Fortify seems to be broken (or I'm broken).

Basically this is what I did on Stratis:

1. Create a zone around Camp Rogain (any location same behavior).
  2. Spawn 3 fireteams of 8 and a single helicopter in the zone (OPFOR so using Orca).
  3. Attack zone with my 4-man fireteam.

I tried it 3 different times. When spawning groups/chopper in zone as aggressive or defensive, no problems. When spawning as fortify units behave ok as far as I can tell (occupy buildings and so on) but MCC starts to bog down significantly. At its worst, MCC takes up to a minute to open and then up to a minute to 'settle down.' By 'settle down' I mean eventually clear a jumble of windows that are overlaying everything on first launch, then eventually update the map with groups, eventually update FPS, eventually show text in the lower left (alt+LMB to edit etc). Client/server FPS is fine and doesn't change from aggressive/defensive tries. Anything else with background behavior gets bogged down as well like VAS or opening doors. I didn't have time to try a mix, one squad fortify and others aggressive/defensive for example but different units/different locations make no difference, 4 squads somewhere else it gets bogged down just the same if they're all set to fortify when spawning.

I think spawning the squads outside the zone as fortify and then adding to GAIA works fine, the squads simply occupy their nearest relevant area, so maybe when they're spawned inside the zone is the only time it bogs down. I wasn't able to more thoroughly test.

In case you haven't found them look in the 3d editor under Objects [Training], I use them all the time.

As for the latest release GAIA is pretty nice. I did notice that Fortify seems to be broken (or I'm broken).

Basically this is what I did on Stratis:

1. Create a zone around Camp Rogain (any location same behavior).
  2. Spawn 3 fireteams of 8 and a single helicopter in the zone (OPFOR so using Orca).
  3. Attack zone with my 4-man fireteam.

I tried it 3 different times. When spawning groups/chopper in zone as aggressive or defensive, no problems. When spawning as fortify units behave ok as far as I can tell (occupy buildings and so on) but MCC starts to bog down significantly. At its worst, MCC takes up to a minute to open and then up to a minute to 'settle down.' By 'settle down' I mean eventually clear a jumble of windows that are overlaying everything on first launch, then eventually update the map with groups, eventually update FPS, eventually show text in the lower left (alt+LMB to edit etc). Client/server FPS is fine and doesn't change from aggressive/defensive tries. Anything else with background behavior gets bogged down as well like VAS or opening doors. I didn't have time to try a mix, one squad fortify and others aggressive/defensive for example but different units/different locations make no difference, 4 squads somewhere else it gets bogged down just the same if they're all set to fortify when spawning.

I think spawning the squads outside the zone as fortify and then adding to GAIA works fine, the squads simply occupy their nearest relevant area, so maybe when they're spawned inside the zone is the only time it bogs down. I wasn't able to more thoroughly test.

Thanks for the clear reporting! I will investigate the fortify and get to a fix if needed. It needed a solid look anyway, so its not that bad, i just need to prioritize it now.

Just a tip. I would advice not to spawn helicopters. It is possible ofcourse and they will search for a place to land, but nothing is as sure as a human eye. I would spawn it with the 3d editor if i were you. After the spanw, hand it over to GAIA with 'give to gaia'. The helicopter will remember its place and go back there after it did patrols or cas attacks (depending on if it is a transport or attack heliopcter.). You can do that far ourside their zone as the defensive and agressive for helicopters only means where they operate.

There are more requirements before units are send into attack but to understand the helicopters i explain the most valid ones here:

Attack helicopters will wait until they are assigned for an attack by GAIA. For defensive there needs to be a valid target in the given zone, for agressive the target just needs to be in range (8000) i believe.

Transport helicopters will wait until they need to patrol (random). If defensive they patrol only the zone given, if agressive they patrol random zones that are under GAIA patrol.

For mortars goes the same thing as attack helicopters. So you can put them far outsides the zones where you want mortar activity.

Happy gaming!

Edited by spirit6

cool stuff about choppers

I was curious, thanks for clearing that up!

The helicopter will remember its place and go back there after it did patrols or cas attacks (depending on if it is a transport or attack heliopcter.).

That is a killer feature. I tried it that way once but it was one of the bogged down runs so I didn't get a chance to observe that behavior.

Hey Shay! Great Mod, I love it, Everyone loves it.

One suggestion I have is for the reinforcements command you have embedded into the MCC Mission Generator. Is there anyway that we can select the place where the drop off occurs and then units move into the designated zone? It's a real PITA when I call in a SPECOPS drop off or fast rope. They get shot down but I need the team to infil 1.5 KM from the zone. Anyway i'm loving it!

Can you make it so we can use the pop-up targets in the 3d editor? not all items from the 2d editor can be found in MCC's 3d editor.

Keep in mind, also, if you have @A3MP installed... for SOME reason you lose access to ALL the popup targets.

I have had to uninitialize it, make the mission (training ground), save it, reinitialize @A3MP and then reload the mission.

Loading it this way, the game understands the classes just fine, you'll just never see them in a list for some damn reason. :/

Big thx for your hard work, You guys keep life in this game. I Noticed an issue on SP/MP local server after i spawn a vehicle using the 3d editor with the "not empty" "join player" options, only commander joins the player's group and when i assign him move order it will not move, only when i order him to sit in the driver only then it will move.

Hy there!

Thx for this awsome Mod! But since the Last update (R19) I got this error message after trying to start the Multiplayer-Editor: "Include file mcc_sandbox_mod\sampleMissions\MCC_Template.Stratis\defines.hpp not found."

Am i the only one who gets this, and does anyone know a fix for this?

Greets Ratax

Hy there!

Thx for this awsome Mod! But since the Last update (R19) I got this error message after trying to start the Multiplayer-Editor: "Include file mcc_sandbox_mod\sampleMissions\MCC_Template.Stratis\defines.hpp not found."

Am i the only one who gets this, and does anyone know a fix for this?

Greets Ratax

There are problems with template missions.

I made my own templates with btc revive and everything is ok.