shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

We expect tonight still. But you know how it goes. Wife starts talking, the upload fails. Life :)

@Spirit6 - when it stays by talking then y have no prob :p ...

Release MCC Sandbox 4 (beta)

We are proud to present you the new version of MCC called MCC Sandbox 4 (beta). MCC Sandbox 4 holds a compete new GUI and complete new AI system GAIA.

Since we did not want to hold the release for video's, large words files and professional art, here you have it. So stay tuned this week for detailed information on how to get the most out of this release! (video instruction)

As mentioned above, its a Beta. We realize the product is not perfect, but with your help we will make it perfect. So dont be shy!

49at.png

Highlights and need to knows

• Complete new GUI that gives full control to the mission maker from a map perspective.

• Open 3D Editor by ALT-mouse click.

• Units controlled by GAIA (new AI) show up with a G in their name on the map.

• Send any non GAIA controlled group to GAIA by just clicking 'GIVE TO GAIA'. The group will now be controlled by GAIA in the given zone (left of button) and behavior (left of button).

• Multiple group select and manual waypoints. (manual waypoints cancel GAIA).

• Spice up your existing missions with fully AI controlled mortar, artillery, CAS and air patrols.

• Notice aggressive attacks from AI that prevent you from lazy 'Duck shooting' sessions.

• See what the AI does (GAIA) as it generates waypoints, that you can update and cancel whenever you like.

• GAIA get's her target information from any unit on the map, including not under GAIA control. (so even players on the same side of GAIA).

• GAIA can play against GAIA. Each side can be run completely seperate.

• GAIA can be used seperate from MCC (as long as you have the addon) in your exisiting missions (video on how to will be there next couple of days)

• More......

About GAIA in MCC

GAIA stands for Greater Artificial Intelligence Awareness. Ever since I typed my first 2 lines of MCC code it has been going through my mind. What if the AI did…? Why isn’t this….? …..These and a zillion other questions have haunted me for too long. GAIA is my answer to most of these questions. So, now you know my personal motivation, let’s move on to the system itself. This document (see link below) tries to focus on the intent of GAIA and the design decisions that have been made. I won't try to explain how all of the code works, but after reading this document you should have a clear understanding of what GAIA stands for, what choices she makes and how she operates.

GAIA can best be seen as a higher level lead organization that is tasked to make all groups work towards (a) common goal(s). GAIA does not improve and tries not to influence the behavior at group level.

So what is it that GAIA wants? The main goal of GAIA is to defend territory.

To do that she makes sure that:

• All assets are used intelligently. Know your units, what can they do, what are their weaknesses.

• Responses to threat are in proportion. Do not send more troops then needed, but also make sure it is enough to deal with the opposing threat.

• Understand the priorities. The closer a threat is to the center of the territory (zone), the higher the priority.

In future versions of GAIA goals will be expanded and might even grow to fully commanding offensive battles.

More about GAIA in MCC and how to use it: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/56634804/MCC%20GAIA%20V1.0%20Release.pdf

Special thanks to :

• Spoor for all his testing work! (ArmaSeries.com)

• Psycho (for previous and future video, images etc)

• The guys from Armaseries. (http://armaseries.com/)

• 3CB for listening to my never ending talks that really help me understand my burning idea's.(http://3commandobrigade.com/)

• Apollo (3CB) for correcting our English errors. (In pdf documents, because i think he will eat his personal suitcase only by reading our lines above :) )

• Evrik (3CB) for listening, talking and inventing the name of GAIA :)

• All the modders out there on the forums! Without all that practical help the whole thing would have been way slower.

• Special thanks to : 'Garrison script by zorilya' as parts of the code is used for the fortify command.

• Special thanks to : Shuko for SHK POS as parts of the code is changed/used for positioning in the zones.

Download Link - MP Mission version - Stratis:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vk1makz2q2vnfpn/mcc_sandbox.Stratis.pbo

Download Link - MP Mission version - Altis:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d25xly1ln63dgd6/mcc_sandbox.altis.pbo

Download Link - MP/SP Mod version:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cbpinx8knu5fw42/%40mcc_sandbox.rar

Have fun!

Shay and Spirit

Edited by spirit6

And some of your requests are fixed here in the changelog (now you can start asking or reasking for new fix/features)

Change log r19:

Enging:

- Added: Tooltips and indicators for Mission Settings.

- Added: MCC AI's settings will effect units spawned via 3D editor or Group Gen.

- Fixed: MCC will now read addon's groups configs such as Aggressors.

- Fixed: Removed missing weapon config error message after respawn.

- Fixed: MCC zones visable on some clients

- Fixed: Group Genrator will no longer draw waypoints leading [0,0,0];

- Fixed: Save Gear didn't saved assigned items.

- Fixed: Removed explosion sounds from flares.

IED:

- Fixed: IEDs will explode even if moved (car bomb) make sure to set the IED on radio activation so the explosion won't relay on the target's speed.

3D editor:

- Reworkded: Total new look to the 3D editor interface.

- Added: Toggle thermal visions (WHot/BHot/NV/Thermal/Noraml) in 3D editor.

- Added: Hide/show 3D editor HUD with H key - for filming exc.

- Added: Compass to 3D editor

- Added: Minimap to 3D editor.

- Added: New structures classes to 3D editor

- Changed: 3D editor safe distnace reduced to 10 meters and also added a timeout of 7 seconds if the cursor haven't been moved the vehicle will spawn anyway.

Evac:

- Added: Fast rope to evac.

- Added: Evac helicopters will return to their spawn location automaticlly after they have completed their drop.

Group Generator:

- Reworked: Group Generator interface.

- Added: Create zones, spawn units, exc from the Group Gen - in time it will replace menu 1 in MCC and a lot of functions will be called from there.

- Added: Create and save your own custom groups to profileNameSpace. Spawn or use them in the Mission Wizard.

heeee - thanks guys .... let me download righttt now :yay::bounce3:

edit: NO bed for me tonight :icon_dj:

Edited by Spoor

Updated release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

** fixed version uploaded!

=================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Edited by Guest

If you already downloaded the mod version before reading this post redownload it again - something went wrong with uploading the files. We are tired :rolleyes:

If you already downloaded the mod version before reading this post redownload it again - something went wrong with uploading the files. We are tired :rolleyes:

Go to bed :-)

New mod or update v0.3 rc19 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@mcc_sandbox_a3.png

@ Shay_gman;

Soon you will be able to manage the promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and you will get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

Congrats guys... Looks like a cracking revision !!

Downloading now

SJ

Hello Shay

Very nice update larger map and one menu!

Got a qeustion, are you updationg VAS to latest version in every update?

Edited by kgino1045

Is it possible to make the built in scripts like VAS editable in the mcc controller? I would love to be able to restrict VAS items and add more slots.

Edited by PenguinInATuxedo

Nice. Very nice. I liked the iPad look, but this is WAAAYYYY better.

Congrats to Shay, Spirit6 et al. Thank you for your efforts.

A couple of observations:

1) The Helicopter air drop does not work. The chopper flies over, but does not drop any cargo.

2) Would it be possible to place a zone updater/selector drop box on the Mission Generator Wizard Screen? It would save having to switch back and forth from it to the main menu at times.

3) The AC130 does not appear to have a BHOT mode. Could one be added?

4) The 3D editor and Box generator drop down menu backgrounds are not opaque, so they are difficult to read as the text "behind" them is visible and they overlap.

5) When I click on the AC130 reticle I am not able to move it up or down. Movement left and right is very choppy and only moves to the left, not smooth like in the previous videos. Is there something obvious that I am missing?

6) [Deleted]

7) IEDs that are set to Jammable = False, do not detonate when the proximity distance has been reached. The same IEDs with Jammable set to True detonate as expected. In either case, no jammer was present.

8) An IED that is detonated via spotter detonates when the spotter is killed. Was this intentional, as in a deadman switch, or should killing the spotter eliminate the IED threat?

Thanks again for the undoubtedly hundreds, if not thousands, of hours of work this system must have taken.

Edited by Byrnze
Added 7 & 8. Deleted 6

Hey Shay,

Just wanted to give you some feedback on the new version.

- I'd much prefer to have the ability to close the 3D Editor Menu via right-clicking. With the current setup (pressing X to close), it makes it difficult to edit a unit's INIT line and close it with X. To get around this issue, I have to open and close one of the drop-down menus to close it. Possibly bring back the Apply button?

- The layout of the 3D Editor menu on the left side feels large. It takes up more vertical space than it needs, considering the size of the menu itself. Could this be shrunk down to occupy less screen space?

- The compass and minimap on the 3D Editor are outstanding. One of my pet peeves from the older MCC versions was losing track of where I was with the Editor and having to close it down to find out what I was looking at. An excellent change.

- Would it be possible to have menus close when opening up a new menu? For example, if I open up the Weather menu, then open up the Mission Settings menu, one will overlap.

I will echo one thing that Byrnze has said.

2) Would it be possible to place a zone updater/selector drop box on the Mission Generator Wizard Screen? It would save having to switch back and forth from it to the main menu at times.

Thanks for all the hard work. It's appreciated more than you know.

Been waiting for this to drop, thanks. One issue I'm having and I'm not sure if it's on my end but I can't access any of the buildings and stuff that was unlocked previously for map editing. It was working fine yesterday with the last version. Anyway keep up the great work, this is the must have mod for Arma 3.

*Can anyone confirm that the extra buildings are missing in the 3D editor?

Edited by AusCleaver

Great mod and cat wait to test the new mcc(hvnt download yet). However i can't seem to get the init to work at all. I add it where u say but the server doesn't read it or somthing as I tried adding extra presets but didn't show up. Is this still broken on the new MCC or an I doin somthing wrong?

Thanks for all the efforts and so many hours put into this great mod.

Thanks for this great update!

But why releasing it sunday night ;-) I'm at work right now and sooooo tired that i can't even sit straight. :-D

Anyway, great mod!

Cheers!

Hello Shay

Very nice update larger map and one menu!

Got a qeustion, are you updationg VAS to latest version in every update?

Nope VAS wasn't first priority I'll try to update it later.

Is it possible to make the built in scripts like VAS editable in the mcc controller? I would love to be able to restrict VAS items and add more slots.

We've added VAS to MCC because people asked for it but it will take a lot of time making VAS an addon and to be honest I'm not sure VAS author would love it.

Nice. Very nice. I liked the iPad look, but this is WAAAYYYY better.

Congrats to Shay, Spirit6 et al. Thank you for your efforts.

A couple of observations:

1) The Helicopter air drop does not work. The chopper flies over, but does not drop any cargo.

3) The AC130 does not appear to have a BHOT mode. Could one be added?

4) The 3D editor and Box generator drop down menu backgrounds are not opaque, so they are difficult to read as the text "behind" them is visible and they overlap.

5) When I click on the AC130 reticle I am not able to move it up or down. Movement left and right is very choppy and only moves to the left, not smooth like in the previous videos. Is there something obvious that I am missing?

6) [Deleted]

7) IEDs that are set to Jammable = False, do not detonate when the proximity distance has been reached. The same IEDs with Jammable set to True detonate as expected. In either case, no jammer was present.

8) An IED that is detonated via spotter detonates when the spotter is killed. Was this intentional, as in a deadman switch, or should killing the spotter eliminate the IED threat?

Thanks again for the undoubtedly hundreds, if not thousands, of hours of work this system must have taken.

1) Were/when I can't reproduce it on local host or dedicated on Altis. Which map/mod are you using?

2) Yes.

3) Yes but it is a lower priority.

4) Already fixed I'll update the ripo later on.

5) It is intended – AC130 turrets are on the left side so you can't just do a 360 or raise/lower your turret too much sometimes your targets will be out of reach and you'll have to wait for the next pass. It is limited to something like 180 degrees verticals and about 100 horizontal to the left of the virtual AC130.

6) Ok

7) Fixed, I'll release it later.

8) This is intentional. Most likely a spotter or suicide bomber will hit the trigger before he will be dead.

9)

Hey Shay,

Just wanted to give you some feedback on the new version.

- I'd much prefer to have the ability to close the 3D Editor Menu via right-clicking. With the current setup (pressing X to close), it makes it difficult to edit a unit's INIT line and close it with X. To get around this issue, I have to open and close one of the drop-down menus to close it. Possibly bring back the Apply button?

- The layout of the 3D Editor menu on the left side feels large. It takes up more vertical space than it needs, considering the size of the menu itself. Could this be shrunk down to occupy less screen space?

- The compass and minimap on the 3D Editor are outstanding. One of my pet peeves from the older MCC versions was losing track of where I was with the Editor and having to close it down to find out what I was looking at. An excellent change.

- Would it be possible to have menus close when opening up a new menu? For example, if I open up the Weather menu, then open up the Mission Settings menu, one will overlap.

I will echo one thing that Byrnze has said.

Thanks for all the hard work. It's appreciated more than you know.

1) Right click is a no go as by default you need to press it in order to move the mini map. I've just added a close button.

2) If we'll shrank it down were would we put all of the new toys that we are planning to add? ïŠ

3) Fixed I'll release it later.

Been waiting for this to drop, thanks. One issue I'm having and I'm not sure if it's on my end but I can't access any of the buildings and stuff that was unlocked previously for map editing. It was working fine yesterday with the last version. Anyway keep up the great work, this is the must have mod for Arma 3.

*Can anyone confirm that the extra buildings are missing in the 3D editor?

What extra buildings?

I can confirm there were a lot of blank spaces on the editor ?

Would be brilliant to get them filled in ?

not sure the best way to do it - I tend to cross reference versus the Bis Asset viewer on the wiki - but it would be brilliant to add all the a2 assets that A3MP /AiA bring along with them ?

SJ

Nope VAS wasn't first priority I'll try to update it later.

What extra buildings?

The buildings and items you can't access in the 2D editor such as the cargo towers, airport buildings, fences and stuff. All your new groups are empty, I've rolled back to R18 so I can finish a base I'm working on so it's no biggie for now.