shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

Hi,

could someone please explain me in detail how to use and get control over an uav?

Cheers!

I've linked the youtube video in my previous post. Again:

1. Spawn a UAV from menu 1 or the 3D editor with the "assign crew (UAV)" preset.

2. Open the MCC hendhel console (or the UAV console if you are using the mission version but it is not the MCC itself) it is an item you can spawn from the box generator under items.

3. Open it.

4. In the mini map right click on the UAV symbol and press "Take control"

5. It will take you to F2/

6. You can assign WP, fire rockets exc from there or you can take control of any other UAV from your side.

Hi Shay!

MCC is an indispensable part of my play sessions, but there is one aspect of it which I feel could use improvement in future versions. Would it be possible to add more fine-tuned weather controls to the MCC console? It would be nice to have independent control over cloud cover, wind and rain, similar to the editor, or even somewhat segmented control such is as available in Splendid Camera. Keep up the great work!

It will be there.... soon :)

I can't wait! I remember back in the 6th Sense community, using the expansion menu to create zones and simple AI patrols for some great missions. So cool to see how far this has evolved.

That is classic MCC man :) If you want to go nostalgic you can still download that version. The github is in this post :)

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?91433-CO-MCC-USMC-All-Island-%28generator%29

Omg. Kremator... You are also in that post. You get 2 loyality points and can request 1 functionality for free!

I've been around for a long time spirit :) Just loving MCC and the functionality that it brings. Keep up the good work guys !

I've linked the youtube video in my previous post. Again:

1. Spawn a UAV from menu 1 or the 3D editor with the "assign crew (UAV)" preset.

2. Open the MCC hendhel console (or the UAV console if you are using the mission version but it is not the MCC itself) it is an item you can spawn from the box generator under items.

3. Open it.

4. In the mini map right click on the UAV symbol and press "Take control"

5. It will take you to F2/

6. You can assign WP, fire rockets exc from there or you can take control of any other UAV from your side.

Thank you very much!

This is a great addon!

hi sorry i did ask this the other day but think it slipped by not being read.

How can I spawn recruitable units?

I have looked but can't find an answer

hi sorry i did ask this the other day but think it slipped by not being read.

How can I spawn recruitable units?

I have looked but can't find an answer

MCC handles it with few approaches:

1. From the 3D editor spawn a unit with the recruit able preset (preset  recruitable  press Add  press Apply  spawn). Now just approach the unit and you'll be able to recruit it.

2. If you spawn a group with BIS default behavior and player holding the MCC handheld console (item) can command this group as long they share the same side – it is more of a high command way for controlling groups.

3. You can just pick a group from the Unit Manager (menu4) and join it with another group by pressing the join button.

MCC handles it with few approaches:

1. From the 3D editor spawn a unit with the recruit able preset (preset  recruitable  press Add  press Apply  spawn). Now just approach the unit and you'll be able to recruit it.

2. If you spawn a group with BIS default behavior and player holding the MCC handheld console (item) can command this group as long they share the same side – it is more of a high command way for controlling groups.

3. You can just pick a group from the Unit Manager (menu4) and join it with another group by pressing the join button.

great thanks shay_gman .. mcc is awesome I was sure it must be in there :D it's made arma so much more fun!!

Hello guys,

We are actually experiencing an issue on the orginal MCC sandbox mission. Sometime, when our guys are down, when an other player revive them, their inventory is full of watch and they don't have weapons anymore.

There is nothing to do to solve this than deconnect an reconnect.

We do not have this kind of issue on any other missions.

Does anyone experiencing this problem too ?

Thanks in advance !

Hey ya Guys! I have a question about the "BIS_fnc_ambientAnimCombat" function. If i put a soldier with this func to sit down, he will sit down but never goes up with MCC loaded. In Vanilla Arma he will automaticly stand up after detecting an enemy.

Our Group wanted to make 3 Soldiers in a Group, Sitting together on a fire and if the Blueberrys hit the fan, they will go into a Tank. But they wont. They wont do anything with MCC Loaded.

Why and what can i do to solve this problem?

I'm having an issue where after assigning the access module and the this setvariable ["names",["unit_3_25","unit_3_26","unit_3_27"]]; line of code it still gives players the option to use mcc after re-spawning. Just to confirm that Setvariable goes in the mission init.sqf yes?

EDIT: Fixed it my self I just added the Line of code to every init field I thought would have effect, So a Trigger, Each units init, the Access module init and the mission init.

Edited by PenguinInATuxedo

Hello,

Does the ai values set by the mission options in mcc override every ai's behavior, or does it only do it for units that are spawned through npcs? Im asking because I am testing a couple of AI mods and was wondering if mcc will conflict with those.

On a side note, here are some other bugs I've encountered.

-Some units spawned with the 'join player' option despawn after a while. Sometimes I lose squad command control when leading them for a while, and i can hear my character gives commands to himself.

-When spawning a cheetah apc or marshall as an evac unit, the driver does not move if I am in the vehicle. After I get out the driver will start moving. If I delete the driver, enter as the driver, and switch to gunner, it operates normally. I haven't tested with other tracked units.

These things aside, thanks for making such a great mod!

In the "Save Gear" option working in MCC under "Mission Settings" when I enable it the player respawns with out many items with different weapon and without any tools like map, compass etc. May be conflicting with something but I can't find what since nothing else is trying to say load outs or what have you. I use LEA to set the units gear on mission start.

I don't thinks thats part of mcc thats another mod

Does anyone know how to remove the "ambiant life" ?

Really ? Ok ! I will look for that server side.

Thank you !

How can i update vas in mcc properly?? cause it's make conflict with mission files mcc

@Shay

would it be possible that you add a "delete all Enemys" to Menu4?

Forget about menu 4 :) We release this weekend.

I've noticed in the 3d editor you have a lot of classes names just 'building' or 'house' and tons with no name.

would it be possible to include the CJFT101's Editor expansion mod as an MCC dependancy or ask to incorporate his code/sorting of these and other objects, and/or make them selectable through the 3D editor?

if you run his mod with yours, you can use his sorted classnames in the native 2D editor. but they are inaccessible through MCC.

its a very small mod, iirc:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?164996-CJTF101-s-EDITOR-v1-1

:yay::yay: ....... :notworthy:

What a tease :)

I heard you revamped the mcc , question is will there be a new operators manual?

I have a problem with mission making. Even when I finish all objectives the mission never ends. I.E I kill the HTV, but the game continues. Do I need to set the end manually, maybe create an evac point? I've watched tutorials on YT, but there was nothing about that issue. I'm playing by using the MCC Template for Altis and Stratis, just FYI. Any tips?

I have a problem with mission making. Even when I finish all objectives the mission never ends. I.E I kill the HTV, but the game continues. Do I need to set the end manually, maybe create an evac point? I've watched tutorials on YT, but there was nothing about that issue. I'm playing by using the MCC Template for Altis and Stratis, just FYI. Any tips?

There is no 'mission ending' like it ends something. (i assume you use the mission generator) It just shows that the tasks are done that were given. If that is and ending, then the mission maker should end it. Or create more. It is up to the mission maker and that is our 'main line'.

---------- Post added at 11:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 PM ----------

I heard you revamped the mcc , question is will there be a new operators manual?

Yes. Also one of the time thingy's at hand. The new AI needs explaining also as it opens a lot of new doors for mission makers to interact with the AI system. For exampel you can now just spawn groups/units with the 3d editor like before and worry later about passing control to the AI system (GAIA). At any point you can 'give' the unit/group to the AI controls, including classic terms like defensive, agressive.

An exampel going: put in a mortar somewhere on the map with the 3d editor. Then go to MCC and 'give' the spawned mortar to the GAIA AI in zone 1, defensive. The Mortar will now fire when there are valid targets in zone 1. If put on agressive, it can now do mortar attacks outside its zone, as long as it is in range for the mortar. Or artillery. What ever you like.

So its not just a quick re-do of some stuff. There is lots and lots of new ways of doing things. Including AI CAS, artillery etc etc. Also it will be possible to change the bevior at any given time by selecting a group. Example Click a group on the new interface map and update its behavior from Agressive to Defensive or even fortify. Or jsut update the zone he is operating in at any time you like. That wont just be possible for MCC spawned groups, it can be any group running in the game. So that opens new doors also for existing missions. Just give them to the new AI (GAIA) and the mission might be totaly different. Or just manualy give them some waypoint and when you get to lazy you hand them over again to the AI (GAIA) system again. Just idea spreading here.

So it nees some explaining. Lucky us, the new GUI speaks for itself. It is the functionality behind it that needs explaining. But maybe we wont have the time to explain it all in one blowing video. Ah, who cares. Gives us a chance to talk again :) There are no more menu's and its build around full control for the mission maker.

Edited by spirit6