shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

Hi Shay,

How can I remove the markers which follow around the squad leaders?

Also, many of the options in mission settings do not save after hitting "confirm".

A quick update, we wanted to merge GAIA in MCC and in the process we changed so much that you can really say we rebuild MCC.

So we are a bit behind schedule but we know that the waiting time for you guys will be worth it.

And if it won't be perfect on the first release it will be with your help and comments ïŠ

Okay, so it wont work right after you enable it? Do you know if it works with Xmedsys?

Also, after I enable it, and go out of MCC, and then enter it again and click on mission settings, its disabled again?

Lastly, is there a way to have it enabled from mission start?

---------- Post added at 12:03 ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 ----------

I would like to report that MCC does something to VAS, so VAS function "Load on respawn" is disabled, and cannot be enabled. Hope you can get together and fix this.

MCC should work with Xmed keep the gear save off as Xmed should handle the respawn with gear.

The fact that the indicator doesn't change in the mission settings doesn't really mean it doesn't changed (complex I know, and it has been fixed in the upcoming version).

You can enable save gear by setting "MCC_saveGear = true;" in you mission init.sqf file.

I have no clue what is " Load on respawn" option in VAS is it new option for the latest VAS?

Hi, Shay.

I love the new mission wizard. I've been using it quite a bit for SP missions lately.

Bug report: When I save the current created mission to my profile and try to reload it, it is not loading correctly. Precise objective markers are gone, objectives are missing altogether, difficulty and number of players seems to have been reset to defaults, etc.

Request: I would like to see a Save Game option for SP scenarios. I'll often get in the middle of a good Mission Wizard created mission and need to take a break or want to revert after death of my character or when the AI squad get themselves killed.

Thanks. Cheers!

Mission generated with the Mission Wizard are not saved at the moment (not in SP or MP). Some aspects will be saved some won't so in general you can't really save a MW mission atm.

We have big plans for the MW and not so much time so for now just generate another mission again ïŠ

Hey Shay,

Running into a not-so-easy to reproduce issue where I can't spawn units, either by spawning them in zone, group generator, or the 3D editor. It's happened a few times now, this is after I've died and been revived a few times while local host in MP. Normally even after many revives or respawns it works fine.

MCC will say its spawning, but nothing will appear regardless of the method, faction or any other variables.

There is an engine limit of 142 group active at any given time. Once you get there you can't spawn any more units. The easy way to check it is if MCC not's spawning units but keep on spawning empty vehicles or ammoboxes. If you have reached the top you'll have to delete some groups.

Shay,

Highlighting the text is still an issue it only has the first 100 or so lines in there.

I have "Saved to Profile", even given it a name, but I don't see the file anywhere. I made a training-playground and REALLY want to make sure it's saved for new recruits.

The file is in the profileNameSpace search on the forum where it is saved. Or open a local host pick the mission you have saved, once you click on it, it will paste the code to the upper part of the save/load menu and then press save to clipboard.

Hi Shay,

How can I remove the markers which follow around the squad leaders?

Also, many of the options in mission settings do not save after hitting "confirm".

You mean in the mission version? It is part of F3 Framework. Just create your own template or edit the units init.

Great addon, simply amazing.

Thanks mate.

I'm looking forward to playing with the new release very much! Exciting stuff!

A couple of questions: Have you gotten MCC to play better with custom units caf_ag, Drongo69's Middle Eastern Irregulars, etc. (MCC reports no units available) and A2 map support for those of us playing around with A3MP or AllinArma (zones work ok, "full map" in MW does not)?

MCC should work with Xmed keep the gear save off as Xmed should handle the respawn with gear.

The fact that the indicator doesn't change in the mission settings doesn't really mean it doesn't changed (complex I know, and it has been fixed in the upcoming version).

You can enable save gear by setting "MCC_saveGear = true;" in you mission init.sqf file.

I have no clue what is " Load on respawn" option in VAS is it new option for the latest VAS?

As far as X39 has told me, XMED doesnt not do anything beyond respawn, thats all Arma 3 itself, so no saving gear.

When I enable save gear in mission settings, it doesn't do anything. (is there a time before it saves gear?)

"Load on Respawn" is a Function in VAS, under the LOAD section. It only works if MCC mod isn't enabled, I was kinda hoping you would work together to find out why.

Regards KLV - Nordic Ninjas

I'm looking forward to playing with the new release very much! Exciting stuff!

A couple of questions: Have you gotten MCC to play better with custom units caf_ag, Drongo69's Middle Eastern Irregulars, etc. (MCC reports no units available) and A2 map support for those of us playing around with A3MP or AllinArma (zones work ok, "full map" in MW does not)?

Yes the new MCC is working with custom units and you can even create and save your own custom groups.

Regarding map packs, the full map size should be defined in the map config itself I don't want to bother with making a list of all available maps and sizes. So for now just create a big zone all around the map and generate a mission.

As far as X39 has told me, XMED doesnt not do anything beyond respawn, thats all Arma 3 itself, so no saving gear.

When I enable save gear in mission settings, it doesn't do anything. (is there a time before it saves gear?)

"Load on Respawn" is a Function in VAS, under the LOAD section. It only works if MCC mod isn't enabled, I was kinda hoping you would work together to find out why.

Regards KLV - Nordic Ninjas

Ok so it is a function in the new VAS I probably need to update the MCC for the latest VAS .

Sorry but what is GAIA? as always look forward to any improvements to MCC.

This should get you started.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?150909-MCC-Sandbox-3-Dynamic-mission-creating-tool-for-ArmA-3&p=2614778&viewfull=1#post2614778

As Shay said. We intensified our team effort and came out with a new MCC. I am very pleased with the results i see and i hope you guys will have great fun with it. Stay tuned, we are on the last part of the process here. (with video making the very last :P).

Id first just like to say that i love MCC, Shay and Spirit have being doing a great job.

I have found an issue that idk if it has been mentioned yet. When placing AAF(GUE)[indi?] they are not attacking or shooting players for quite some time. After some time they start to "Track the player(Watch him)" then after some mopre time they will start to be hostile. Is this a bug with MCC or Arma 3?

again thx for all you guys do.

How can I save the file with a few units in the field, save it in the mission.sqm, load it, then edit the same map again with MCC, and save it again in the mission.sqm?

I hope you can understand me, it's a little bit hard to explain.

I can get a Headless Client to show up in the MCC, but I only seem to be able to spawn individual units on the HC. Groups won't spawn on the HC, only the server. I can set a zone via the HC, but it doesn't seem to be persistent, it seems to automatically flip to the server. If I use the mission generator, it always spawns everything on the server no matter how the zone is set up. Has anyone been able to get the HC working with MCC in a way that is worth using it?

The documentation seems to be out of date and there isn't much information about using the MCC with a HC to be found on the web.

Id first just like to say that i love MCC, Shay and Spirit have being doing a great job.

I have found an issue that idk if it has been mentioned yet. When placing AAF(GUE)[indi?] they are not attacking or shooting players for quite some time. After some time they start to "Track the player(Watch him)" then after some mopre time they will start to be hostile. Is this a bug with MCC or Arma 3?

again thx for all you guys do.

MCC doesn't mess with faction relations unless defined in MCC mission's settings. By default GUE is friendly to all and you can change it via Mission Settings but it will only effect units that will be placed after you have changed it.

How can I save the file with a few units in the field, save it in the mission.sqm, load it, then edit the same map again with MCC, and save it again in the mission.sqm?

I hope you can understand me, it's a little bit hard to explain.

I can. Use the mod version make a mission save to sqm and paste the generated code to an sqm file call it something like base.sqm. Open the 2D editor and preview the base.sqm and edit it with the 3D editor save to sqm and make another sqm file call it something like appendix.sqm then open the base.sqm in the 2D editor and merge it with the appendix.sqm.

I can get a Headless Client to show up in the MCC, but I only seem to be able to spawn individual units on the HC. Groups won't spawn on the HC, only the server. I can set a zone via the HC, but it doesn't seem to be persistent, it seems to automatically flip to the server. If I use the mission generator, it always spawns everything on the server no matter how the zone is set up. Has anyone been able to get the HC working with MCC in a way that is worth using it?

The documentation seems to be out of date and there isn't much information about using the MCC with a HC to be found on the web.

It should be fixed in the upcoming version and I would really love to get your test result on HC with the new version as I merely use HC.

In one of the pictures are you controlling an AC 130 via UAV controls?

If so is that a new feature? Because I could not get it to work with the last version. I read your manual but it is slightly different.

In one of the pictures are you controlling an AC 130 via UAV controls?

If so is that a new feature? Because I could not get it to work with the last version. I read your manual but it is slightly different.

No it is an old feature.

Use MCC to spawn the AC-130 under menu 3 if I remeber right. Grab an MCC handheld player's console and press on the F3 button (F2 is UAV, F3 is artillery) and you got it.

No it is an old feature.

Use MCC to spawn the AC-130 under menu 3 if I remeber right. Grab an MCC handheld player's console and press on the F3 button (F2 is UAV, F3 is artillery) and you got it.

I did spawn it as a Close Air Support.

Jou mean just spawn it as a unit? Will try that as soon as I get home.

Tried to get an Ac130 into ArmA2 but it wont come up in MCC there :( So it did work back then?

I'm not too worried about the GAIA time-slip. Good things come to those who wait. It sounds absolutely great and should add another layer of awesomeness to Arma3.

I did spawn it as a Close Air Support.

Jou mean just spawn it as a unit? Will try that as soon as I get home.

Tried to get an Ac130 into ArmA2 but it wont come up in MCC there :( So it did work back then?

You are confused.

The MCC AC-130 is a virtual piece. There is not real AC-130 object just a camera flying in circles around a specific area while the player holding the MCC handheld conolse can control it and rain fire on targets in that area. When there will be something equivalent to AC-130 (god forgive the fedoras' hats) like a transport plane then I will remove the virtual one and attach it to a real plane just as I did with the UAV.

MCC doesn't have any dependencies in other mods so if you are using some custom AC-130 mod which I believe this is the case It got nothing to do with the MCC's AC.

You are confused.

The MCC AC-130 is a virtual piece. There is not real AC-130 object just a camera flying in circles around a specific area while the player holding the MCC handheld conolse can control it and rain fire on targets in that area. When there will be something equivalent to AC-130 (god forgive the fedoras' hats) like a transport plane then I will remove the virtual one and attach it to a real plane just as I did with the UAV.

MCC doesn't have any dependencies in other mods so if you are using some custom AC-130 mod which I believe this is the case It got nothing to do with the MCC's AC.

I really was confused :)

Thanks for the explanation. I get it now. Yes I took a custom mod with an Ac-130 model. MCC found it and I was able to spawn it as CAS. (But it behaved like a jet)

I did use this mod:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?159315-AC-130X-for-Arma-3

Maybe the modder gives permission to use his model in MCC dunno. But would definetly add immersion.

Just to be said I love your work and I am impressed, keep doing what you do it is awesome.

Hi shay

I have been essing around with mcc, single most useful mod for mission making.However i am having some "inconsistencies"

The group generator to be specific,it seems when i ask the AI to enter my chopper,they either do straight away or on the 2nd attempt,or do not do at all.

Iv got a thing for chopper pilot missions lately,and your group generator makes it possible for me to give those complex "get in my f**king vehicle now" orders,and i taxi the AI around.(this using ALIVE mod makes for some great relaxing meaningful mssions) now before you say anything i have tried this without ALIVE also,and sometimes groups will not board my helo, i use "get in" when im pilot, and get in nearest when im not. Load doesnt work for me but "get out" and "unload are ok" tho il say again,it isnt working consistently.

Is there any reason you know of behind this? At first i thought it was lag,and it does APPEAR,that when there are less units on the map,the get in orders works more often,but not all the time.

This simple function of MCC is vitally important to me for single player missions and because im living in china and cant play this game online,i would really appreciate any advice on how to consistently make AI board my vehicles.

I will mention mods i am running: Bcombat, speed of sound,ALIVE,blastcore,and various factions mods. i have tried this with different factions too,all same result.

Hope you or someone could help me get this working somehow.

Thanks again

---------- Post added at 16:42 ---------- Previous post was at 16:41 ----------

Hi shay

I have been essing around with mcc, single most useful mod for mission making.However i am having some "inconsistencies"

The group generator to be specific,it seems when i ask the AI to enter my chopper,they either do straight away or on the 2nd attempt,or do not do at all.

Iv got a thing for chopper pilot missions lately,and your group generator makes it possible for me to give those complex "get in my f**king vehicle now" orders,and i taxi the AI around.(this using ALIVE mod makes for some great relaxing meaningful mssions) now before you say anything i have tried this without ALIVE also,and sometimes groups will not board my helo, i use "get in" when im pilot, and get in nearest when im not. Load doesnt work for me but "get out" and "unload are ok" tho il say again,it isnt working consistently.

Is there any reason you know of behind this? At first i thought it was lag,and it does APPEAR,that when there are less units on the map,the get in orders works more often,but not all the time.

This simple function of MCC is vitally important to me for single player missions and because im living in china and cant play this game online,i would really appreciate any advice on how to consistently make AI board my vehicles.

I will mention mods i am running: Bcombat, speed of sound,ALIVE,blastcore,and various factions mods. i have tried this with different factions too,all same result.

Hope you or someone could help me get this working somehow.

Thanks again

Just saw this now. I think BIS is doing great work there so maybe the time comes for me to quit MCC.

I am curious on why you would not take this and extend MCC? I have not spent a lot of time in either system, but from the few hours I have used in each, they seem to focus on different things. Zeus is more direct control and can micro manage, where MCC is more overall mission systems. Now, if you could integrate the fantastic work you have done with MCC with Zeus, wouldn't that be a win-win?

I know which one I'm looking forward to most! Besides, Zeus is still at least a couple months away from a "stable" release.

I'm a owner of a altis server i was wondering if i used this on multiplayer will i be global banned?

I'm a owner of a altis server i was wondering if i used this on multiplayer will i be global banned?

Why on earth should you be global banned for using a mod ??

You can only use a mod if the servers you try to join allowes it/have the keys installed, if they dont you will simply be auto kicked off the server.

No global bans unless you use hacks.

Why Cant i only spawn à ac130 and not the hawk with hellfire missles ?

Everything else works best afdoen ever !

I am curious on why you would not take this and extend MCC? I have not spent a lot of time in either system, but from the few hours I have used in each, they seem to focus on different things. Zeus is more direct control and can micro manage, where MCC is more overall mission systems. Now, if you could integrate the fantastic work you have done with MCC with Zeus, wouldn't that be a win-win?

I agree. I've only used MCC for a few days but I can see that it's development far exceeds the detail included in the current Zeus/Curator. Unless BIS can give us as many options as MCC, I think Zeus will be relegated to a less.. dedicated type of player.

Being able to add a specific set of objectives to a CTI-style map like Genesis' Endless Survival is priceless to a group like ours. Sure, Zeus can do that. But it requires a lot more tweaking and micro-management on the part of Zeus/Player.

Give BIS some time to make the Curator code more accessible and I bet you guys will be able to make MCC an even better tool for mission customization. Keep up the good work.