shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

Is it possible to make conflict between two West or East factions? Maybe i'm dumb but i can't kill other East factions units without crying about friendly fire.

Hey shay_gman, got to say, loving the improvments you are making to this, its such a big help during games. Spicing a scenario up is great fun...

Anyway reason for this post, i have done a thread search but could not find anything on this. It appears that something with MCC, possible the initialisation phase seems to break BIS_fnc_ambientAnimCombat.

For example use the following in the init for a unit on the editor.

[this,"STAND","RANDOM",{(player distance _this) < 5}] call BIS_fnc_ambientAnimCombat;

With MCC on, the enemy AI do not react to the player, being hit or passing fire. You can walk up to them with no reaction...

Its a damn shame and something i hope can be fixed as its such a nice function for using, just to give your missions a little more life.

I have this issue every time I use #restart on my server, along with some others (odd time-of-day/weather/etc issues). Restarting from the #missions menu prevents it.

Everyone should probably just avoid the #restart command at all costs. It seems to cause no end of issues with missions that are even slightly complicated.

Is there anyway to configure the VAS embedded in MCC?

ive got a restricted VAS config file for my players, but as we are starting to use MCC more, that restricted config seems overwritten by the embedded VAS system.

any ideas?

Hi guys im fairly new to MCC. can anyone tell me,is there a way to use the 3D editor,and save it to my mission as 2D editor?

Basically im building a mission in 2D editor nd gona upload to export to single missions,but i like some of the things in mcc to remain there when i start a mission.

Cheers

Hi guys im fairly new to MCC. can anyone tell me,is there a way to use the 3D editor,and save it to my mission as 2D editor?

Basically im building a mission in 2D editor nd gona upload to export to single missions,but i like some of the things in mcc to remain there when i start a mission.

Cheers

Looks at Shay_GMAN youtube channel. There is video that explain how to do this.

Here is the link:

---------- Post added at 15:21 ---------- Previous post was at 15:13 ----------

ive got a restricted VAS config file for my players, but as we are starting to use MCC more, that restricted config seems overwritten by the embedded VAS system.

any ideas?

I would suggest if you want custom load out, just make a box with the box creator and load what you want.

Now if you still want VAS the option will be to create the mission, in the mission folder copy the VAS script with the restrictions you want to apply to it.

Also you will need a description file to invoke the script.

Then in the 3d editor when you spawn a new box, in the init box just put the code to enable VAS.

If this does not work... then you will have to open the mcc pbo file and edit the VAS script in it... something I would not recommend because it will affect all the VAS that you spawn and I don't know if shay will approve it.

Looks at Shay_GMAN youtube channel. There is video that explain how to do this.

Here is the link:

---------- Post added at 15:21 ---------- Previous post was at 15:13 ----------

I would suggest if you want custom load out, just make a box with the box creator and load what you want.

Now if you still want VAS the option will be to create the mission, in the mission folder copy the VAS script with the restrictions you want to apply to it.

Also you will need a description file to invoke the script.

Then in the 3d editor when you spawn a new box, in the init box just put the code to enable VAS.

If this does not work... then you will have to open the mcc pbo file and edit the VAS script in it... something I would not recommend because it will affect all the VAS that you spawn and I don't know if shay will approve it.

Thanks mate

Shay is there a way to add a functionality to add a property to a already spawn object?

For example, I want load it with Ammo, or maybe put in the cargo some ammo, or put only 3 rounds into HMG

Hey Shay, amazing progress thus far.

I thought I'd suggest, if someone hasn't already, a way to spawn a group of soldiers, animals, etc, VIA the 3D editor, rather than just singles. This way, I could precisely place a group of enemies, and then make waypoints from there, rather than worrying about placing a 10x10m box, spawning the group, and hoping there is enough room. Also, I'm sure it's a lot of work, but, have you ever thought about making the 3D editor more expansive, like RTE? Anyway, keep up the great work. MCC has always been in my top 3 list for add ons. ACE, ACRE, and MCC!

Hey shayman,

Is there a way to link an AI Waypoint to a trigger? I have tried making the trigger then going into the group, making a new search and destroy waypoint, then stop capturing. Problem is the units don't wait for the trigger to be activated before they begin moving to the waypoint.

I've tried setting the trigger to update and move the zone, but the AI take a while to respond and begin leisurely strolling to the new zone location.

Would be great if you could explain to me how to do this, or to add the feature in the near future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi guys, not sure if this has been mentioned before but I found 2 problems while running the MCC addon (not actually using it, just while it was just present in the game). The Independant side (AAF) seemed to always be hostile towards me as a BluFor soldier, and vice-versa (they were set to friendly as is default in the editor).

For some reason it was also messing with some animations, only noticed it with sitting on chair animations (specifiaclly in Wiki's Atlis Airbase Template), it had seemed to move the soldiers off the chairs and some were even turned around completely, one appeared in mid air.

When I disable MCC both problems go away...

Hi guys, not sure if this has been mentioned before but I found 2 problems while running the MCC addon (not actually using it, just while it was just present in the game). The Independant side (AAF) seemed to always be hostile towards me as a BluFor soldier, and vice-versa (they were set to friendly as is default in the editor).

For some reason it was also messing with some animations, only noticed it with sitting on chair animations (specifiaclly in Wiki's Atlis Airbase Template), it had seemed to move the soldiers off the chairs and some were even turned around completely, one appeared in mid air.

yes, and with Sud russian soldiers they are killing each other! :butbut:

I have thgis problem too, ill get no answer till today^^

Is anyone able to tell me how I might add MCC onto an existing multiplayer mission without the use of mods, just as an added set of scripts?

Is anyone able to tell me how I might add MCC onto an existing multiplayer mission without the use of mods, just as an added set of scripts?

it only need to be in the server and who ever is the mission creator.

The rest of the clients does not need it.

No kidding. That's what I was requesting instructions for.

That is only half true. Ofcourse, units that are spawned and run server side scripts to make them act, is seen by any player. However, setting up start locations and other synchronized activities will only work for the mission maker if none hold the mod but him and the server.

Edited by spirit6
Typo's again. Ofcourse.

No kidding. That's what I was requesting instructions for.

I would suggest you to start looking at the scripts already mention in the first post.

And if you want to really know how it works open the PBO and look in each script.

Now for doing it "live" you will need to code it in the debug console.

---------- Post added at 00:36 ---------- Previous post was at 00:35 ----------

That is only half true. Ofcourse, units that are spawned and run server side scripts to make them act, is seen by any player. However, setting up start locations and other synchronized activities will only work for the mission maker if none hold the mod but him and the server.

do you know exactly the list of actions that will need the mod installed?

I know that the Weather is one.

If you searching for an answer: with the r13 release all works great. This issue exists since r14 was released ;)

If you searching for an answer: with the r13 release all works great. This issue exists since r14 was released ;)

Hehe thanks.

Hi guys i know you are all waiting for the update that fix the AAF agression. It is ready i'm just doing some testing to other stuff I added so you'll have to wait a little more

Hi, cannot find this anywhere so here goes, how do you enable the ambient search light in the 'preset' what is the dependency for this...example where is and what is it in the 'type' selection box please? I cannot seem to find a search light in the 'type' in the editor mode. I see the preset in 'artillery' in the presets but how does this work?

Thanks....

Hi guys i know you are all waiting for the update that fix the AAF agression. It is ready i'm just doing some testing to other stuff I added so you'll have to wait a little more

Is this in reference to the SP campaign?

Also, I remember reading something about making MCC only available to logged in admins, but for missions that don't have the MCC module in them. Maybe via some sort of serverconfig change? Did I read that correctly, or am I delusional? If it is a thing, could someone point me in the direction of the post(s) about it so I can read up on it?

hi

is it possible to 'implement' the new/updated version of VAS v2.4?

Yes i'll add it.

Is it possible to make conflict between two West or East factions? Maybe i'm dumb but i can't kill other East factions units without crying about friendly fire.

No it is a limitation by the engine. You should change the config of the other faction to be different from the one you want it to fight.

Hey shay_gman, got to say, loving the improvments you are making to this, its such a big help during games. Spicing a scenario up is great fun...

Anyway reason for this post, i have done a thread search but could not find anything on this. It appears that something with MCC, possible the initialisation phase seems to break BIS_fnc_ambientAnimCombat.

For example use the following in the init for a unit on the editor.

[this,"STAND","RANDOM",{(player distance _this) < 5}] call BIS_fnc_ambientAnimCombat;

With MCC on, the enemy AI do not react to the player, being hit or passing fire. You can walk up to them with no reaction...

Its a damn shame and something i hope can be fixed as its such a nice function for using, just to give your missions a little more life.

BIS_fnc_ambientAnimCombat isn't broken but you should use _this instead of this while putting it in the 3D editor init line.

[_this,"STAND","RANDOM",{(player distance _this) < 5}] call BIS_fnc_ambientAnimCombat;

any ideas?

Yes just put "vas_weapons= [weapon1,weapon2]", "vas_magazines = [mag1, mag2]" exc in your mission's init file... and MCC will not overwrite them.

Hey shayman,

Is there a way to link an AI Waypoint to a trigger? I have tried making the trigger then going into the group, making a new search and destroy waypoint, then stop capturing. Problem is the units don't wait for the trigger to be activated before they begin moving to the waypoint.

I've tried setting the trigger to update and move the zone, but the AI take a while to respond and begin leisurely strolling to the new zone location.

Would be great if you could explain to me how to do this, or to add the feature in the near future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is available now with the new update.

MCC shouldn't interfere with animations i'll take a look on it. Regarding the AAF hostile, it is fixed in the next update.

Hi, cannot find this anywhere so here goes, how do you enable the ambient search light in the 'preset' what is the dependency for this...example where is and what is it in the 'type' selection box please? I cannot seem to find a search light in the 'type' in the editor mode. I see the preset in 'artillery' in the presets but how does this work?

Thanks....

It was built for ArmA 2 search light but you can add it to any vehicle with a turret basically what it will do is make the vehicle look to the sky and search by moving the turret from time to time while pointing it up.

Is this in reference to the SP campaign?

Also, I remember reading something about making MCC only available to logged in admins, but for missions that don't have the MCC module in them. Maybe via some sort of serverconfig change? Did I read that correctly, or am I delusional? If it is a thing, could someone point me in the direction of the post(s) about it so I can read up on it?

MCC available to logged adim if you are using the mod version and there is a MCC Access module in the mission. There is however a hardcoded way to define who will have access to MCC by changing the "MCC_allowedPlayers = ["all"]" to array holding the Players' UID

Sorry for double post but a new version is here:

Change log r17:

Engine:

- Added: on tab 4 it's possible to select players, AI or a mixture to parachute or HALO by group or individual

- Added: Detection if divers are spawned and if so allow zone to be land or water

- Added: Start Locations can be updated multiple times.

- Fixed: Saving triggers to MCC save and reloading was bugged - it should be ok now please report if you find some more bugs.

- Fixed: MCC will no longer change the factions aggressiveness to each other.

- Fixed: Save unit's init to SQM file was depended on CBA functions.

- Fixed: Missing Rsc classes in the latest game update.

- Fixed: Spamming factions in combo box with empty factions for addons (A3MP).

- Optimized: Code for more performance.

Mission Wizard:

- Added: Stealth mission's alarm will be generated from a loudspeakers near the objective and not from the objective itself.

- Added: Reinforcement option (motorized, aerial or random) when enough enemy units have been killed a some reinforcements' groups will be sent to the area

either by motorized convoy or by helicopters drop off, parachute or fast ropes. Once in the mission area the enemy's reinforcement will activelly look for

the players. reinforcement may occur more then once per mission.

- Added: Artillery option (Mortars, Self Propelled Artillery, Random) spawn artillery on strategic places such as mountains and provide artillery support for the enemy forces.

- Fixed: Mission Wizard - precise markers Yes or no were vice-versa.

- Optimized: Spawning of objectives in open spaces and static weapons in strategic places.

- Changed: Clear area objective will not show icons on HUD.

3D Editor:

- Added: 3D editor preset "Can be controled using MCC Console". Enable control over the unit to the player who holds the MCC Conosle.

- Added: 3D editor anti-collision vehicle will only spawn after you'll move the cursor away from the spawn location.

- Changed: Helicopters and planes placed using 3D editor will now spawn on the ground instead of flying.

- Changed: 3D editor compositions menu's animation faze changed to instant.

- Fixed: 3D editor presets' background is no longer transparent.

Artillery:

- Added: Artillery delay combo box.

- Fixed: MCC Console Artillery Forward observer UI has been improved.

- Fixed: AI artillery that was added with 3D editor didn't shoot on AI targets.

CAS & Airdrops:

- Fixed: Airdrop airplane is set to civilian side and will have different colors depends on the faction he belongs.

Misc:

- Added: Command line - broadcast small text or big text. Visable on all clients.

- Added: 999 lives for 3CB template.

- Added: Updated to Ollem's spectator script

- Added: Delete Markers brush - menu 4.

- Added: Delete Tasks option - menu 3.

- Added: Mission Settings option: Disable Artillery Computer.

- Changed: MCC zone markers are less intrusive.

Reinforcement (previously paratroopers):

- Added: Multiple options for paratroopers (thanks to Ollem):

- small, medium, large - each different chopper and if available small and medium will use 'recon' groups based units

- besides parachuting also drop-off and fast-rope option for each chopper (based on zealot111 fastrope script: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?170545-Helicopter-fastrope-script)

- for Large chopper all factions use the Independent faction chopper, but it will change colour and side dependent on paratrooper faction

- opening/closing doors and ramps when available

- paratroopers will have "AWARE" status by default when "DEFAULT" (SAFE) is used (while paratroopers arer not default)

- When default group layouts are available (like for BIS units) these will be used. For Custom factions a random selection of available units will used (only first 5 while these are usually infantry type units and otherwise divers and pilots may also be part of the custom group)

- Added: Multiple options for motorized reinforcement

- Small, medium or large motorized reinforcement.

- Will spawn vehicles pack with infantry outside the zone and move it into the zone while maintaining a column formation.

- Once in the zone will disembark infantry that will start patrolling the zone.

- Armed vehicles in the convoy will break away from it and start patrolling the zone.

Convoy (thanks to Ollem):

- Added: At the last waypoint cargo units will disembark automatically.

- Fixed: Convoy avoid divers/pilots and infantry mix in trucks

You can find the PDF manual here (or inside the installation folder):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iq4a2whtf4slwrh/manual-mmc.pdf

Download Link - MP Mission version - Stratis:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vk1makz2q2vnfpn/mcc_sandbox.Stratis.pbo

Download Link - MP Mission version - Altis:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d25xly1ln63dgd6/mcc_sandbox.altis.pbo

Download Link - MP/SP Mod version:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cbpinx8knu5fw42/%40mcc_sandbox.rar