shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

hello

first of all, amazing mod

please make easily spawnable a 'VAS' box crate , it would be awesome if it could be implemented inside the 'box generator' list

thanks

There is something like that, choose a crate you wish and then use the "Presets", so there is a VAS Preset. Select the Preset for VAS and press "Add", your earlier choosen crate has now the desired chest loot and also the VAS function

There is something like that, choose a crate you wish and then use the "Presets", so there is a VAS Preset. Select the Preset for VAS and press "Add", your earlier choosen crate has now the desired chest loot and also the VAS function

hmm i haven't found that option

also, for some reason, i don't know wtf happened, but nothing really works anymore in my MCC installation, i don't see any more any units listed under drop down menu in group generator or spawn

i tried to redownload & install, it's still the same thing , really don't know what it is

maybe something changed in the new dev branch update

Read the manual which is included the folder, that what i told you with the VAS preset shows up on page 23/24 of the manual. Try the stable branch, maybe this will fix your problem

I have a bigger issue: How to restrict some items in VAS from MCC? I dont wanna Nightstalker, Laserdesignator and WBV Scopes in it. Only if i´m make custom boxes. I tried some stuff but nothing worked. Its for Multiplayer Missions. Help please =(

I'm sorry if this has been posted previously but I didn't see anything in the walls of text. So I'm having an issue with the 3D editor working for awhile then all of a sudden it starts placing me in the wrong spot. Here's a video of exactly what's going on.

http://youtu.be/yzxaz2PdBMc

BomberWRX,

I have gotten that issue too, for some time. I have to stop what I am doing, drop back to lobby and come back in. That's the only way I have found to fix it so far. It seems like it just puts you in a place far away (but parallel to) where you put your cursor. Oddly, you also can't FLY to where you wanted to be, as eventually you hit an invisible wall.

The 3D editor invisable walls fixed the last update, make sure you updated your MCC.

@BomberWRX even through watching your video 10 times I don't see the issue all I see is you opening the 3D then flying around, then opening again and looking around.

BTW maybe you just close it with tab?

Hi Shay,

first of all I must give you a big thank you and kudos for your excellent work. This tool is big fun :)

Just one thing:

I can brush objects like units or vehicles from the map and they disappear in the 3D editor, but the marker (for example "IED1") stays on the small map in the MCC interface (I can add a picture later this day if needed for further explanation), so therefor I support this request:

[...]

2- Also, in the Delete brush drop list, that would be great if you could add "Markers" and "mission objectives".

First because it seems markers don't really delete on the server (not global I think), when I log out and back I see the markers I deleted with the marker module.

And the mission objectives sometimes mess up on dedicated server and repeat themselve endlessly.

A last option "wipe the journal+objectives" would also be nice to start over without having to restart the whole mission on the server :)

[...]

I think this would help also in case I want to change things I already setup: again my example IED with ambush, when you mistakenly put the direction of the ambush completely wrong due to stupidity :P

(But maybe there is already a way to solve that and I just didnt find it so far)

Thanks so much!

Why when I save my missions, waypoints made by me in group generator after load does not exist?

Hi Shay,

I've had some considerable issues placing vehicles in the 3D editor. It often seems to place two units for each time I try to place one, resulting in an explosion. Any ideas on what I can do to work around that?

Thanks!

Hi Shay,

I've had some considerable issues placing vehicles in the 3D editor. It often seems to place two units for each time I try to place one, resulting in an explosion. Any ideas on what I can do to work around that?

Thanks!

The 'example' model you see when choosing an object is actualy a real model with real object collision. So when you click and place an object, move you mouse pointer away from the placement area. This is specialy true on vehicles or other large objects.

'sup Shay. Just to say we have successfully used MCC to deliver a couple of 'emergency' ops when scheduled ones break down on us. Combined with a simple ALiVE template and predefined background scenario, the mission generator is a superb capability that is working very well in a multiplayer environment to deliver some challenging missions literally at the touch of a button.

'sup Shay. Just to say we have successfully used MCC to deliver a couple of 'emergency' ops when scheduled ones break down on us. Combined with a simple ALiVE template and predefined background scenario, the mission generator is a superb capability that is working very well in a multiplayer environment to deliver some challenging missions literally at the touch of a button.
+1 thats how we roll on our server(AlphaSquad). With the added Robalo ASR+ goodness. All three working together (alive,MCC,ASR) is much fun, thnx.

The 'example' model you see when choosing an object is actualy a real model with real object collision. So when you click and place an object, move you mouse pointer away from the placement area. This is specialy true on vehicles or other large objects.

Thanks for the quick reply!

I am aware of this and have already been moving the cursor away as fast as humanly possible. The issue seems to come and go, but there are times when it is virtually impossible to place a vehicle without it exploding.

As a side note, is it possible that the "temporary" vehicle could be made to not interact with other objects using can_collide or disablesimulation? Alternately, is it possible that for vehicles the "temporary" vehicle is removed prior to placement of the permanent vehicle and that the temporary vehicle is only made to reappear after the cursor has moved 10m or some other arbitrary distance? As it currently is set up, it is very easy to accidentally create all kinds of carnage, which can lead to serious problems in some cases (accidentally killing HVTs/Hostages due to secondary explosions, for example).

Edited by Shadow_MSOG

I am sure you are aware of this (I think I saw it mentioned somewhere in the past ~100 pages) but when A3MP is loaded there are loads of blank factions (just with names EAST WEST etc). Its not an issue at all apart from increasing the number of factions to look through when spawning stuff. Is there anything that can be done to prevent this?

I am aware of this and have already been moving the cursor away as fast as humanly possible. The issue seems to come and go, but there are times when it is virtually impossible to place a vehicle without it exploding.

As a side note, is it possible that the "temporary" vehicle could be made to not interact with other objects using can_collide or disablesimulation? Alternately, is it possible that for vehicles the "temporary" vehicle is removed prior to placement of the permanent vehicle and that the temporary vehicle is only made to reappear after the cursor has moved 10m or some other arbitrary distance? As it currently is set up, it is very easy to accidentally create all kinds of carnage, which can lead to serious problems in some cases (accidentally killing HVTs/Hostages due to secondary explosions, for example).

I have had the issue with 2 vehicles spawning, then exploding, and have found out that this happens always when under lag. Dont spawn anything when you have desync.

Next time it happens try press p and check your desync. Wait till its 0 and try again.

Hey,

we are currently testing your mod for possible use in our coop-events.

Many of its features like the 3D-Editor, the implementation of UPSMON and so on are great, and we would really love to see those in our missions.

Though, we are encountering weird performance-problems.

It seems that the server is doing non of the AI calculation by itself. In our tests we had stable, very high Server FPS, while the clients had

monstrous frame-drops upon spawning multiple AI-units.

My conclusion was that the MCC redistributes tasks to the clients, leaving the server in "idle" and making the game unplayable for the unlucky guys who receive all the units.

By unplayable I mean unstable 4-5 frames on good gaming computers. The AI becomes pretty stupid when the client running it drops to low FPS.

Why is the server not doing the work it's supposed to do and why is this "feature" of redistributing AI nowhere mentioned?

Is there any possibility to deactivate it? Maybe some variable concerning headless support?

We made the same experiences with MCC for Arma 2.

If there should not be a way of bypassing this mechanism, the mod sadly has no use to us.

Greetings from Germany

Kuehl from niCe-team.eu

Edited by nICe_Kuehl
Forgot something ;)

The 3D editor invisable walls fixed the last update, make sure you updated your MCC.

@BomberWRX even through watching your video 10 times I don't see the issue all I see is you opening the 3D then flying around, then opening again and looking around.

BTW maybe you just close it with tab?

You don't see the issue? I click on 3D editor. I click on the map where I want to place something in the 3D mode. It places me somewhere else. Then when I try to move around in 3D mode it's like i'm hitting an invisible wall. I'm using the latest version that's on the workshop

The only problem I have is the dam sticky controls. If I run and change from my scoops to red dot sight , he stops and is stuck .....its freaking annoying. Oh wait the other issue is if I spawn a blue for and play as him than die it'll get stuck were I have to reset the game ...other than that I just use MCC to build and stuff. I think if it was like alive mod were it was in a virtual world until your around 15 kilometers and than it appears would limit problems.

Hi Shay,

first of all I must give you a big thank you and kudos for your excellent work. This tool is big fun :)

Just one thing:

I can brush objects like units or vehicles from the map and they disappear in the 3D editor, but the marker (for example "IED1") stays on the small map in the MCC interface (I can add a picture later this day if needed for further explanation), so therefor I support this request:

I think this would help also in case I want to change things I already setup: again my example IED with ambush, when you mistakenly put the direction of the ambush completely wrong due to stupidity :P

(But maybe there is already a way to solve that and I just didnt find it so far)

Thanks so much!

It is already there in the next update most likely you'll have to wait no longer than tomorrow.

Why when I save my missions, waypoints made by me in group generator after load does not exist?

Because they don't save as stated before, I'm working on more save's options ATM so you'll have to wait a bit more.

Good to hear you having fun mate. Always keep me posted for bugs fund and new features requirments.

Great work on Alive. :)

I am sure you are aware of this (I think I saw it mentioned somewhere in the past ~100 pages) but when A3MP is loaded there are loads of blank factions (just with names EAST WEST etc). Its not an issue at all apart from increasing the number of factions to look through when spawning stuff. Is there anything that can be done to prevent this?

I know but all MCC is doing is reading the configs so you should post it in A3MP thread, mostly at the end I'll give up and create a workaround for mod makers who creates new configs as they see fit but I prefer that the addon maker will fix it on his side first or at least try to.

Hey,

we are currently testing your mod for possible use in our coop-events.

Many of its features like the 3D-Editor, the implementation of UPSMON and so on are great, and we would really love to see those in our missions.

Though, we are encountering weird performance-problems.

It seems that the server is doing non of the AI calculation by itself. In our tests we had stable, very high Server FPS, while the clients had

monstrous frame-drops upon spawning multiple AI-units.

My conclusion was that the MCC redistributes tasks to the clients, leaving the server in "idle" and making the game unplayable for the unlucky guys who receive all the units.

By unplayable I mean unstable 4-5 frames on good gaming computers. The AI becomes pretty stupid when the client running it drops to low FPS.

Why is the server not doing the work it's supposed to do and why is this "feature" of redistributing AI nowhere mentioned?

Is there any possibility to deactivate it? Maybe some variable concerning headless support?

We made the same experiences with MCC for Arma 2.

If there should not be a way of bypassing this mechanism, the mod sadly has no use to us.

Greetings from Germany

Kuehl from niCe-team.eu

You are wrong.

MCC doesn't do almost anything on the client side. MCC is designed from the ground up to be a client sever tool.

Every thing is broadcasted to the server and handled by the server. All the MCC Conosole you see is just a pretty way to contact the server and ask him to spawn stuff and do stuff. The only scripts that are runing on the clients are the "Client Side" script's that can not run on the server as - JIP, ingame weather/time changes, HALO, Parachute, Respawn and such.

We do know that UPSMON is a major FPS consumer but that shouldn't effect the clients (Apart from the smoke grenades the AI tend to throw) and Spirit is working on a new low performance cost AI system.

But then again you did some testing and I appreciate it and judjing by your results it looks like the behavior expected from a headless client so for next version i'll disable HC suppot - we'll do some testing and you are more than welcome to test it again with the new version and share your findings with us.

It is already there in the next update most likely you'll have to wait no longer than tomorrow.

You don't see the issue? I click on 3D editor. I click on the map where I want to place something in the 3D mode. It places me somewhere else. Then when I try to move around in 3D mode it's like i'm hitting an invisible wall. I'm using the latest version that's on the workshop

That is strange, what other mods do you run, how do you run MCC (SP, MP, Local, Dedicated,Mission version, mod version)?

The only problem I have is the dam sticky controls. If I run and change from my scoops to red dot sight , he stops and is stuck .....its freaking annoying. Oh wait the other issue is if I spawn a blue for and play as him than die it'll get stuck were I have to reset the game ...other than that I just use MCC to build and stuff. I think if it was like alive mod were it was in a virtual world until your around 15 kilometers and than it appears would limit problems.

Can you give me more info as what do you mean stuck - have mouse control no keys, game freez anything? When you hijack a bluefor AI unit and die while playing with him? What other mods do you run? how do you run MCC (SP, MP, Local, Dedicated,Mission version, mod version)?

Edited by shay_gman

It'll look bad but I'll make a video of what's going on. I play in SP , with a lot of mods , now that you mention it, it could be the mods. Let me disable some and go from there.

I know but all MCC is doing is reading the configs so you should post it in A3MP thread, mostly at the end I'll give up and create a workaround for mod makers who creates new configs as they see fit but I prefer that the addon maker will fix it on his side first or at least try to.

Ah I thought that might be the case, I'll head over to that thread in a bit then.

Awesome, mate, you're really an update-machine ;)

I have this issue every time I use #restart on my server, along with some others (odd time-of-day/weather/etc issues). Restarting from the #missions menu prevents it.