shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

Sorry for my ignorance, but i cannot find the saved sqm file in order to play the mission. :confused:

Can someone explain this for me

Sorry for my ignorance, but i cannot find the saved sqm file in order to play the mission. :confused:

Can someone explain this for me

It saves to your clipboard. You need to exit/alt+tab out of Arma and paste it into a text file, then save that file as "mission_name.sqm".

Any way to get an a.i. squad to load and unload from a helicopter via the support chain? I can call the support, have the a.i. squad "get in nearest" but I can't get them to dismount the bird. I cant select the bird the same way since it is a support object.

I tried the search function and tried skimming the topic as best I could but I couldn't find what I was looking for, so I'll ask. How do you turn off the noise that comes from the objectives, the one that almost sounds like an alarm that leads you straight to each objective?

Excellent tool :)

Just wondering why only one person is able to login at a time: is this a technical limitation, or a design decision? If it's the latter, is there a simple way to remove the restriction?

I wouldn't be surprised is this has already been discussed, but I couldn't come up with any answers using the search terms I could think of.

Awesome update guys, however you fucked up XD. You set the Aircraft to spawn on the ground, engines off, which is fine. But now when you call in Close air support, the Aircraft spawn in mid air with their engines off.... needless to say, there where many explosions. =D

Love MCC I just installed the mod version to use with A3MP it works awesome!!! I was wondering if there is a way to increase the respawn/lives count in the parameter for the map. I found that it is only allowed to be set to 1-5 lives. Is there a way to increase it higher or to infinite? If not it would be nice in a future update haha. Thanks again for the great mod me and my friends love your work!!!

Edited: For spelling

@mcc_sandbox_a3.png

shay_gman; We're in the process of connecting you (and other authors) to your content to be able to manage the metadata and the content itself in the near future.

Please feel free to 'Claim' the mod if you desire, available if you login to the site.

You can always send new content our way through withsix.wetransfer.com

Or add your request at getsatisfaction.withsix.com

I also noticed keys are still getting stuck , every great ounce in a while. I'll be running and if I hit the deck , my guy just stands there and I can't do anything but look around not even aim.

Hello Boys,

as per our words earlier, it seems that the independent ally status is changed by MCC at the mission launch to attack everyone, as is the default setting inside the mission settings window in MCC.

I would think MCC wouldn't change anything until the settings were changed inside the mission settings window, but this seems not to be the case.

Anyway thanks for the wonderful tool! :cool:

Frosty

Brilliant update sir. Spot on as usual.

A couple of observations:

1) The MCC 3D editor menu is somewhat hard to read as the background lettering sometimes interferes with the foreground lettering when using the presets menu. If it could be pushed to the side like the composition menu or have an opaque background placed behind it it would provide a cleaner look.

2) Would it be possible to add a delay timer for the launching of the artillery shells by the Mission Maker? It may be convenient for the mission maker to set a timer once a player calls in the rounds rather than having to remember to launch the shells 45 seconds or so after the fact.

3) Would it be possible to allow the mission maker to place suicide bombers and armed civilian units through the presets menu? Or is there a way to do it that I am not aware of?

4) Ships spawned via the Evac units menu are spawned below the surface of the water. While this works for the SDV, it often results in the rescue boat and assault boat to be launched in the air, flip and sink when spawned in deep water.

5) Although I can spawn an AC-130 to be used for the MCC control panel, I am not able to spawn a UAV as it is not in the drop down menu. Was this intentional?

6) For some reason the AC-130 controls are very difficult to use. When I right click on the reticule my cursor arrow "sticks" to the reticle and I am only allowed to move the reticle to the left, not to the right or up and down. Have you heard of this before or is there some setting that I have incorrect that could cause this?

7) All airdrops appear to use a CH-48 Mohawk helicopter. No matter which side I am playing with my AI units see this helicopter as an enemy unit. My AA soldiers will launch missiles to destroy it once it is in range.

8) In the units management section I am able to highlight multiple units using the CTRL key, but I am unable to make multiple units join a group once they are highlighted in blue. Am I doing something wrong? I can make units join a new group one at a time, but the ability to join multiple units at one time would be useful at times.

9) If “Show markers†in Menu 5 is set to no, would it be possible to hide the zone markers as well? It may help with immersion as the player would be unaware of where the danger zone begins.

10) If I am not mistaken, the effect of the “Precise Locations†option is reversed in Menu 5. I tried it several times and when it is set to yes, the location of the task marker is not at the location of the task. And vice-versa.

11) In the “Steel Rain†control panel the box for the entry of the X and Y co-ordinates appears to be one character too small. Only three characters are visable, when four characters are entered. The system works very well, but if it showed all characters entered it would be a cleaner look.

Sorry for the lengthy rambling, and thank you very much for this latest update. It is excellent work. I doubt I will be able to play ARMA in the future with out MCC. It is superb work. Thanks again.

Edited by Byrnze

9) If “Show markers†in Menu 5 is set to no, would it be possible to hide the zone markers as well? It may help with immersion as the player would be unaware of where the danger zone begins.

10) If I am not mistaken, the effect of the “Precise Locations†option is reversed in Menu 5. I tried it several times and when it is set to yes, the location of the task marker is not at the location of the task. And vice-versa.

11) In the “Steel Rain†control panel the box for the entry of the X and Y co-ordinates appears to be one character too small. Only three characters are visable, when four characters are entered. The system works very well, but if it showed all characters entered it would be a cleaner look.

9) Good idea BUT in that case please make it an extra option (instead of integrating it with the other markers toggle). I make SP missions and I'd like to be able to see where I have to place the player (a bit outside the zone).

10) You're right! I noticed it because I couldn't find my Intel. I've tested this and it is reversed (I've already made myself a patched version :cool: )

11) I agree. It's a small detail but it could be a bit confusing.

I have another question (someone already asked this some pages ago): can you make the zone markers less intrusive i.e. such that the landscape is better visible?

Otherwise I really enjoy this mod a lot. Thanks for the great work!

Love the mission maker wizzard. Not so crazy about the heavy markers. Is there a way to tone them down. They obscure much on the map.

Any way to get an a.i. squad to load and unload from a helicopter via the support chain? I can call the support, have the a.i. squad "get in nearest" but I can't get them to dismount the bird. I cant select the bird the same way since it is a support object.

You can use a regular helicopter so far the evac helicopters are for players or AI in player group only.

I tried the search function and tried skimming the topic as best I could but I couldn't find what I was looking for, so I'll ask. How do you turn off the noise that comes from the objectives, the one that almost sounds like an alarm that leads you straight to each objective?

Lol it is because you have chosen the "Stealth" mission parameter, which means that if you get detected next to the objective an alarm will go on and forces will become to reinforce.

Excellent tool :)

Just wondering why only one person is able to login at a time: is this a technical limitation, or a design decision? If it's the latter, is there a simple way to remove the restriction?

I wouldn't be surprised is this has already been discussed, but I couldn't come up with any answers using the search terms I could think of.

It is a design decision. The idea is to have a Dungeon Master – a role for a player to have control over the mission and direct it as he see fit so he can challenge his friends while playing. If multiple DM will be allowed MCC will slowly but surely turn into a cheat tool.

Awesome update guys, however you fucked up XD. You set the Aircraft to spawn on the ground, engines off, which is fine. But now when you call in Close air support, the Aircraft spawn in mid air with their engines off.... needless to say, there where many explosions. =D

What aircraft are you talking about? Addon maybe?

Love MCC I just installed the mod version to use with A3MP it works awesome!!! I was wondering if there is a way to increase the respawn/lives count in the parameter for the map. I found that it is only allowed to be set to 1-5 lives. Is there a way to increase it higher or to infinite? If not it would be nice in a future update haha. Thanks again for the great mod me and my friends love your work!!!

Edited: For spelling

It is just a template you can add your template or use MCC in any mission if you choose to play with the mod version, but I'll add more respwan lives just for the fun.

Hello Boys,

as per our words earlier, it seems that the independent ally status is changed by MCC at the mission launch to attack everyone, as is the default setting inside the mission settings window in MCC.

I would think MCC wouldn't change anything until the settings were changed inside the mission settings window, but this seems not to be the case.

Anyway thanks for the wonderful tool! :cool:

Frosty

It changed in the upcoming version MCC should not interfere with the factions' relations to each other.

Brilliant update sir. Spot on as usual.

A couple of observations:

1) The MCC 3D editor menu is somewhat hard to read as the background lettering sometimes interferes with the foreground lettering when using the presets menu. If it could be pushed to the side like the composition menu or have an opaque background placed behind it it would provide a cleaner look.

2) Would it be possible to add a delay timer for the launching of the artillery shells by the Mission Maker? It may be convenient for the mission maker to set a timer once a player calls in the rounds rather than having to remember to launch the shells 45 seconds or so after the fact.

3) Would it be possible to allow the mission maker to place suicide bombers and armed civilian units through the presets menu? Or is there a way to do it that I am not aware of?

4) Ships spawned via the Evac units menu are spawned below the surface of the water. While this works for the SDV, it often results in the rescue boat and assault boat to be launched in the air, flip and sink when spawned in deep water.

5) Although I can spawn an AC-130 to be used for the MCC control panel, I am not able to spawn a UAV as it is not in the drop down menu. Was this intentional?

6) For some reason the AC-130 controls are very difficult to use. When I right click on the reticule my cursor arrow "sticks" to the reticle and I am only allowed to move the reticle to the left, not to the right or up and down. Have you heard of this before or is there some setting that I have incorrect that could cause this?

7) All airdrops appear to use a CH-48 Mohawk helicopter. No matter which side I am playing with my AI units see this helicopter as an enemy unit. My AA soldiers will launch missiles to destroy it once it is in range.

8) In the units management section I am able to highlight multiple units using the CTRL key, but I am unable to make multiple units join a group once they are highlighted in blue. Am I doing something wrong? I can make units join a new group one at a time, but the ability to join multiple units at one time would be useful at times.

Sorry for the lengthy rambling, and thank you very much for this latest update. It is excellent work. I doubt I will be able to play ARMA in the future with out MCC. It is superb work. Thanks again.

1. Fixed in the upcoming version.

2. Added to the upcoming version.

3. I can add it to the preset but it will be a complex preset with many variants as you can control the triggering distance, volume of explosion, type of explosion exc. Let me think how I'll do it easy.

4. Fixed in the upcoming version.

5. AC-130 is virtual until BIS will hopefully release a cargo plane. UAV are already there so spawn any UAV (use menu 1 or 3D editor with the UAV preset) grab or let any of the players take the MCC Handheld Conosle (in the box generator it is under items if you are using the mission version then just grab a UAV terminal), open the console. Right click on any UAV icon then press on the "Take Control" from now on you can access it with F2 in the console. You can set the hight of flight from it or add WP to the UAV and you can even fire it and direct you missiles to the target from the console without actually taking control of it (like BIS UAV terminal). Watch the video I've posted before about the UAV.

6. It's design that way. In real AC-130 the guns are located on the left side and they can't go 360 and they can't shot straight up they have something like 120 horizontal's degrees of freedom and about 70 vertical's degrees of freedom so sometimes your targets will be out of the turret range and you'll have to wait until the AC-130 will complete its maneuver.

7. Until BIS will release more bigger cargo helicopters or planes I have to do with what I got. I'll change it side to civilian side.

8. I'll take a look on that.

9. Well no it will destroy the immersive for players who plays as the mission makers and want to have some control over the mission. Plus the danger zone is marked with a big red circle anyway.

10. Fixed in the upcoming version.

11. Fixed in the upcoming version.

So with the ambush module, is there a way to change it so that OPFOR units spawn instead of BLUFOR? Also even though it was all synced up, the IED's never went off either when I walked through manually.

So with the ambush module, is there a way to change it so that OPFOR units spawn instead of BLUFOR? Also even though it was all synced up, the IED's never went off either when I walked through manually.

Yes, change the faction (factions' drop down menu) and you'll have all the groups from the selected faction in the ambush drop down menu.

If the IED didn't went off you probably didn't choose the right parameters. Make sure you choose the targeted faction, trigger distance and explosion set to anything but "no explosion". Also make sure the IED trigger type is set to proximity and not to "Mission maker only".

Is it possible that one of the last updates makes the AAF turn to hostile? My team never shoot them but since the r16 (i think) they shoot them. Same in Campaign "Adapt", there is a mission where a enemy officer want to turn to resistance, so when i go to the point where they gonna pick me up they shoot me..

Hi Shay!

Okay, first of all I use the mission version (in case some things work differently), this mod is getting better everyday so here's what I recently noticed or thought about:

1- I noticed since last A3 update, 3d editor and box creator menu's are messed up, scrolling down auto when you don't select an item inside the list.

2- Also, in the Delete brush drop list, that would be great if you could add "Markers" and "mission objectives".

First because it seems markers don't really delete on the server (not global I think), when I log out and back I see the markers I deleted with the marker module.

And the mission objectives sometimes mess up on dedicated server and repeat themselve endlessly.

A last option "wipe the journal+objectives" would also be nice to start over without having to restart the whole mission on the server :)

3- Automated display messages to players would also be great: it's possible to type that in the global command lines but it takes a long time even to copy and paste it.

Big text in the center of the screen for important notice:

["<t size='1.0' color='#2AA925'>THIS TEXT<t font = 'puristaLight' t size='1.0' color='#FFFFFF'> WILL SHOW ON YOUR SCREEN!</t>",0,0.2,5,1,0.0] spawn bis_fnc_dynamictext;

sleep 10;

smaller text notice that could be handy for live events:

titleText ["Small text on the lower part of the screen ","PLAIN DOWN"]; titleFadeOut 60;

4- When I use the HALO or paradrop player buttons, it only works once for each player, after that it doesn't send them into the air anymore. Not sure if it's just my server or for everyone.

5- Is there a way to introduce the undercover agents in MCC for A3 ? And even better, be able to assign players as undercover while logged in the game as a Missionmaker? That would be great for special undercover missions.

6- A "civilians" groups and unit list would be nice in the 4th menu too ;)

Thanks for your work and dedication !!

The mission markers (black, semi transparent squares and the red circle).... they obscure much on the map. Can they be lightened up in any way? Perhaps 90% transparent and solid color, and no mesh like the circle. Visible yes, but not obscuring.

Shay,

One more request if you haven't added it and it is possible to do.

Could you add a delay timer to the Close Air Support as well? It may be convenient for the Mission Maker.

Thank you for your time.

Shay any word on the sticking or getting stuck issue? Is this gonna be fixed and are you aware of it?

hello

first of all, amazing mod

please make easily spawnable a 'VAS' box crate , it would be awesome if it could be implemented inside the 'box generator' list

thanks