shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

What do you think about having the time/weather option default set to 'Dont change' in the mission wizard? its just that sometimes its easy (for me) to forget to set the option to this.

Minor thing, but i agree.

I was really excited about the mission wizard and it's been working really well when I tested it on my own.

So I invited a friend of mine to join my server and put together a mission. It worked perfectly for me, but my friend got neither any tasks nor did he see the zones on the map. There was no mission intro dialogue for him either.

I thought maybe he needs to have mcc as well, but this didn't work. Any ideas what I did wrong?

Dorph;2597082']Minor thing' date=' but i agree.[/quote']

+1 here as well. Default should be to NOT change weather.

I was really excited about the mission wizard and it's been working really well when I tested it on my own.

So I invited a friend of mine to join my server and put together a mission. It worked perfectly for me, but my friend got neither any tasks nor did he see the zones on the map. There was no mission intro dialogue for him either.

I thought maybe he needs to have mcc as well, but this didn't work. Any ideas what I did wrong?

Yes he probably didn't had MCC running properly.

+1 here as well. Default should be to NOT change weather.

I'll change it in the next release.

I have had a player JIP and not see the old OBJs and zone markers. This was after creating additional three OBJs and a new zone, to continue play. He did see the new ones tho.

I keep on getting "No mission center found, make a bigger zone" when I try to dynamically create a mission, either fixed on my zone or random on the map. Also when I try to spawn individual units I get "No good position found". I've tried searching for it but I can't find a solution, can anyone here help?

even though I'm updated to the current version I'm still getting stuck with some of my keys it seems as if something is stock

Mmmmmmmmm...... something is bent with direct MCC editor CAS calls and MCC cosole CAS calls as well. Editor CAS calls (Greyhawk in particular) end up augering in on spawn after MCC editor call, MCC console CAS calls is not even the correct aircraft that I have added, looks like two Blackfeets (... humor here , guys). In either case, I am without a doubt calling Greyhawks (CAS) and it is not working.

I have had a player JIP and not see the old OBJs and zone markers. This was after creating additional three OBJs and a new zone, to continue play. He did see the new ones tho.

Did he see the tasks in the map dialog? The briefing screen is only shown for active players ATM and will not be shown to JIP.

I keep on getting "No mission center found, make a bigger zone" when I try to dynamically create a mission, either fixed on my zone or random on the map. Also when I try to spawn individual units I get "No good position found". I've tried searching for it but I can't find a solution, can anyone here help?

First try disabling all the addons you are currently using and see If this works for you.

Second, make a bigger zone. Make a zone of 300 by 300 then make it smaller and learn to handle with MCC.

Last, I strongly recommend watching this tutorial video for getting started:

even though I'm updated to the current version I'm still getting stuck with some of my keys it seems as if something is stock

I'll just going to disable the key handlers for the console in the next update until I'll be sure it is working.

Mmmmmmmmm...... something is bent with direct MCC editor CAS calls and MCC cosole CAS calls as well. Editor CAS calls (Greyhawk in particular) end up augering in on spawn after MCC editor call, MCC console CAS calls is not even the correct aircraft that I have added, looks like two Blackfeets (... humor here , guys). In either case, I am without a doubt calling Greyhawks (CAS) and it is not working.

Thanks for the update I'll get it fixed.

Great mission first of all. This will breath life into ARMA 3 for sure. Unfortunately I am quite new and learning. I have a question.

The method I am using to learn is run the game, open the MCC interface, log in to have access and start practicing. Here is my question.

when I place a start point. Either by selecting it first or after enabling roles, my player teleports there with no problem. However, on respawn, or in some cases on the original teleport move, my player shoots an invisible dirt wall in front of him and enemies basically ignore him. what am I doing wrong? I am using it in multiplayer mode.

also, can you play this editor on the fly with friends? I noticed that my map has the zones and start points, etc marked if I am the mission maker. I was wondering if it is possible to generate a mission then join with buddies and no longer be in a "know everything" mode?

thanks for the help. The respawns and shooting invisible walls is the most important for me to figure out first.

@Warleader7

The invisible walls are spawn protections for the all known ArmA sentence "Grenade!!! <BOOM> sorry I thought G key is for gear menu".

Move a bit from the start location and you no longer have invisible wall.

You should read the manual on first page and watch some MCC video either on my channel or MacTravish (Jester) channel to see how MCC is working with friends.

Last, if you want to take the passenger sit, and not exactly knowing what will be in the mission: there is a mission Wizard on menu 5.

I know in the big scheme of things this is petty and irrelevant.... but have you ever thought of adding an icon to MCC so that it appears in the game as one of the loaded mods as many others do?

Idea attached. Simply took idea from your manual cover.

mccico_zps17937d36.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n06b55ssn18mo3t/mccico.paa ... should be a properly formatted 256x256 paa, I think that is what is called for.

Edited by lawndartleo

Hi, is there any way to make it such that the mission maker cannot see things such as IEDs and suicide bombers when the mission is generated, so the maker can play the mission too?

Question about High Command with MCC

If you don't already know there is a huge problem with High Command in Arma 3 (been told it also existed in Arma 2). But it doesn't allow you to tell a friendly squad to load onto a friendly vehicles for transportation. If you want to move an infantry squad you basically have to march them across the map to the objective.

I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to use MCC as a work around for this? I tinkered around with trying to give the "get in" or "load" waypoints in the group generator but was not successful but feel as if I'm close.

Does anyone know how to do this with MCC?

P.S. If not able to do with MCC I think it would be a great feature for future releases. Could open up an entire new level of play.

First off, this is without question the best mod for Arma 3 that I have used thus far. Excellent work. Thank you and congratulations.

A couple of observations:

1) On the Main menu page the word "weather" is spelled incorrectly on the Set Weather button.

2) When I press Menu 3 the first time after logging into MCC an error message pops up that says, "Picture \a3\ui_f\data\map\markers\military\mission_ca.paa not found". Is this a known bug? Or am I missing a file for some reason?

3) When I use Menu 5 to create a mission, the MCC is unable to recognize when an object is destroyed in order to complete the mission. After the mission is created, in the create trigger section there is a trigger labeled "Error: No Unit". Is there a reason for this? I am assuming they are related somehow as the trigger appears to not recognize the object that is to be destroyed. The HVT rescue and Kill HVT missions work perfectly though.

4) It may have been mentioned earlier, but is it possible to enable an option where the IED's, suicide bombers, check stops etc are not shown on the mission maker's map? There are times that I enjoy playing a quick single player mission and the immersion is not quite as good knowing where these hazards are ahead of time.

5) Is it possible to sync a waypoint to an object using the MCC? For example, I create a HVT rescue mission in which the HVT must be extracted to a certain location. In the vanilla editor I can sync the trigger to the HVT so he must be present for the mission success trigger to activate. Is there a way to perform this using MCC?

6) Would it be possible to set-up a "Blank IED" so that an ambush could be triggered silently, without the use of an IED explosion occurring?

A huge thank you once again to all of those who are involved in the creation of MCC. It is excellent work!!

when using the mission wizard could you make it so friendly units spawn?

I'm working on assault objective where the players will be part of assault with friendly AI on an objective. But till then you can always add friendly units either with the 3D editor's preset "recruitable" or by spawning groups with BIS default behavior and let the player high command them using the MCC console.

I know in the big scheme of things this is petty and irrelevant.... but have you ever thought of adding an icon to MCC so that it appears in the game as one of the loaded mods as many others do?

Idea attached. Simply took idea from your manual cover.

http://i834.photobucket.com/albums/zz268/lawndartleo/mccico_zps17937d36.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n06b55ssn18mo3t/mccico.paa ... should be a properly formatted 256x256 paa, I think that is what is called for.

Thanks I'll use it for the next release.

Hi, is there any way to make it such that the mission maker cannot see things such as IEDs and suicide bombers when the mission is generated, so the maker can play the mission too?

Outside the Mission Wizard no. As it conflict with the dungeon master idea of MCC. In the Mission Wizard I'll add an option to show/don't show markers so the mission maker will have the option if he want to see the markers or not.

Question about High Command with MCC

If you don't already know there is a huge problem with High Command in Arma 3 (been told it also existed in Arma 2). But it doesn't allow you to tell a friendly squad to load onto a friendly vehicles for transportation. If you want to move an infantry squad you basically have to march them across the map to the objective.

I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to use MCC as a work around for this? I tinkered around with trying to give the "get in" or "load" waypoints in the group generator but was not successful but feel as if I'm close.

Does anyone know how to do this with MCC?

P.S. If not able to do with MCC I think it would be a great feature for future releases. Could open up an entire new level of play.

You can add "Get in" "Load" "lead" excetra way points using MCC group manager or let the players control the friendly AI groups using the M-Tac (MCC handheld Console). Keep in mind that this AI groups should be spawned with BIS default behavior.

You can see more on that here:

First off, this is without question the best mod for Arma 3 that I have used thus far. Excellent work. Thank you and congratulations.

A couple of observations:

1) On the Main menu page the word "weather" is spelled incorrectly on the Set Weather button.

2) When I press Menu 3 the first time after logging into MCC an error message pops up that says, "Picture \a3\ui_f\data\map\markers\military\mission_ca.paa not found". Is this a known bug? Or am I missing a file for some reason?

3) When I use Menu 5 to create a mission, the MCC is unable to recognize when an object is destroyed in order to complete the mission. After the mission is created, in the create trigger section there is a trigger labeled "Error: No Unit". Is there a reason for this? I am assuming they are related somehow as the trigger appears to not recognize the object that is to be destroyed. The HVT rescue and Kill HVT missions work perfectly though.

4) It may have been mentioned earlier, but is it possible to enable an option where the IED's, suicide bombers, check stops etc are not shown on the mission maker's map? There are times that I enjoy playing a quick single player mission and the immersion is not quite as good knowing where these hazards are ahead of time.

5) Is it possible to sync a waypoint to an object using the MCC? For example, I create a HVT rescue mission in which the HVT must be extracted to a certain location. In the vanilla editor I can sync the trigger to the HVT so he must be present for the mission success trigger to activate. Is there a way to perform this using MCC?

6) Would it be possible to set-up a "Blank IED" so that an ambush could be triggered silently, without the use of an IED explosion occurring?

A huge thank you once again to all of those who are involved in the creation of MCC. It is excellent work!!

Thanks for the good bug report:

1. Weather – I thought I corrected it… I'll look again.

2. Error on menu 3 – as MCC read the config files it looks like BIS config directing to a picture that isn't there I don't want to change at the moment and exclude that particular config as they might add a picture later. It can happened with broken configs it is not really an MCC bug.

3. Is it only in the destroy object missions? Do you play on dedicated server/LAN/Hosted/SP/MP? I didn't had this before I'll take a look again.

4. Yes see the above but only for the mission wizard.

5. Synching a trigger to object is a bit tricky to do on the fly as nearest object will return a lot of objects and not necessarily what the mission maker had in mind. You can work around it by giving the HVT a name in the 3D editor and in the trigger add in condition add "nameHostage in thisList";

6. Good idea I'll add that.

Outside the Mission Wizard no. As it conflict with the dungeon master idea of MCC. In the Mission Wizard I'll add an option to show/don't show markers so the mission maker will have the option if he want to see the markers or not.

Thanks, that'll be really useful.

Hi Shay,

Thanks for MCC. It is a great piece of work.

A few questions/requests:

-Any idea on compatibility with the AI Caching and Distribution System? I love the ability of MCC to quickly create large missions but it pretty quickly reaches the limits of my HTPC dedicated server+HC. A unit spawning/caching system worked into MCC might help with that.

-Any possibility the mission making tab might allow more customization on an objective-by-objective basis? I'd like to be able to add objectives one-by-one and specify for each objective separately the forces involved and what zone it takes place in. I understand that I can do this the slow way by using the other tabs but I would really appreciate the ability to very quickly do multiple objectives in separate areas.

Again, thank you very much for making MCC and bringing it to A3.

Hi Shay,

Thanks for MCC. It is a great piece of work.

A few questions/requests:

-Any idea on compatibility with the AI Caching and Distribution System? I love the ability of MCC to quickly create large missions but it pretty quickly reaches the limits of my HTPC dedicated server+HC. A unit spawning/caching system worked into MCC might help with that.

Again, thank you very much for making MCC and bringing it to A3.

With regard to the spawning/caching system. Not that Shay or I have talked over such a system into MCC, it does seem to touch my work at the moment. As we speak, and basicly for a few months already, i am busy building a new AI 'engine' for MCC (yes to replace UPSMON). Not as a goal to simple replace, but for that fact we have some specific whishes. This all wont go in one blow, but first release should be pretty close. So back to your answer. Since i am mainly working on the AI part at the moment, i do think such a system can and will be implmented at some point in time. No promises :) First performance test do however show that the 'new' AI also hold some performance benefits over upsmon, but its also less rich in features.

If it is just the headless client you are after then there is to say that with MCC you already can spawn to the server or the HC.

As for the objective part is for shay to answer, but i have some very cool idea's also for the objectives. That said, i choose to focus 100% on the ai at the moment.

Edited by spirit6

Interesting response, so thank you. My main concern is with the caching, rather than HC. I do believe I have HC working with MCC already, but I'd like the added layer of performance gain that would come with caching, particularly in cases where there are many distant enemy locations which are not likely to be active at the same time.

As for HC in MCC, I wonder what the best way is to confirm that it is working. I have a dedicated server + HC running on my HTPC (a medicore computer with an AMD A8 CPU. Does the HC have to connect to any particular slot? So far, I think it is working because in the line where it says the FPS of the server, I can also see that it says HC after that (which it does not otherwise show).

Unfortunately, I can't see the FPS on the HC because there is not enough room in the window and the text gets cut off (could this be because I am using 3 widescreen monitors and and a super-wide aspect ratio?

Thanks!

Yes you should wait for Spirit work as it will bring some new game changing performance and AI behavior.

We cant get the BTC revive to work in the mod version. I set it to on in the mission parameters, but when you get killed theres a short countdown (couple of seconds) and then you automatically respawn. And also the teleport to team only works one time even tho i set it to after respawn.

I'm slowly beginning to wrap my head around MCC, what it can do and how to do it. Still a bit lost in high command. I wish it was easier to differentiate between units and teams, at least indicate what ones had already been "join"ed, etc. My test situation was how to spawn in as the single player with three or four playable slots, each commanding a fire team of AI. I need to simulate a good chain of command and be able to direct my team leaders and then have them command their teams, appropriately, whether they are all AI, all human, or a combination of both. This might be out of the scope of MCC or maybe I just haven't figured out how to do it yet?

I really enjoy the Wizard! It's been a very persuasive tool to get me to use MCC more and learn more about it. Have you considered more "mundane" mission types, like a simple patrol of a village, etc. to establish presence? I saw another thread that was asking about road block duty too. Obviously this is an opening for insurgency, IEDs, and armed civvies too ;)

I'm working on assault objective where the players will be part of assault with friendly AI on an objective. But till then you can always add friendly units either with the 3D editor's preset "recruitable" or by spawning groups with BIS default behavior and let the player high command them using the MCC console.

Thanks I'll use it for the next release.

You can add "Get in" "Load" "lead" excetra way points using MCC group manager or let the players control the friendly AI groups using the M-Tac (MCC handheld Console). Keep in mind that this AI groups should be spawned with BIS default behavior.

You can see more on that here:

Thanks for the good bug report:

1. Weather – I thought I corrected it… I'll look again.

2. Error on menu 3 – as MCC read the config files it looks like BIS config directing to a picture that isn't there I don't want to change at the moment and exclude that particular config as they might add a picture later. It can happened with broken configs it is not really an MCC bug.

3. Is it only in the destroy object missions? Do you play on dedicated server/LAN/Hosted/SP/MP? I didn't had this before I'll take a look again.

4. Yes see the above but only for the mission wizard.

5. Synching a trigger to object is a bit tricky to do on the fly as nearest object will return a lot of objects and not necessarily what the mission maker had in mind. You can work around it by giving the HVT a name in the 3D editor and in the trigger add in condition add "nameHostage in thisList";

6. Good idea I'll add that.

Thank you for your quick and informative response Shay,

With regards to #3:

I am playing single player, on my PC so I assume that would be called "dedicated server SP". Unfortunately I'm not too familiar with computer terminology. :(

What I can report is that the "Destroy Object" missions were the only ones that I observed not to work properly. All other game modes worked perfectly for me.

Tonight I played through about 12 successive destroy object missions using only MCC and no other mods. I used the game's editor and placed a single NATO rifleman as the player, then pressed the Preview button to begin the game.

Each time that the object to be destroyed was a vehicle, such as a tank, airplane, helicopter or weapons cache the mission worked flawlessly. When the object was destroyed, the task succeeded message appeared.

However, each time the object to be destroyed was a building, such as a radar dome, fuel depot or radio antenna the task succeeded message would not appear after the building was destroyed.

It was just my luck that I ran through 3 successive building missions with none of them working before I wrote my initial post. I should have done more investigating first. :(

Hopefully this information will be useful in resolving the issue.

If you will indulge me, I have 3 additional observations:

1) Is it possible to include a toggle that would switch the map on the MCC control panel from the 3D texture map to the 2D version. Some times the 3D texture map is hard to read.

2) Would it be possible to add an exfiltration zone to the "Secure HVT" mission that the player would have to safely escort the HVT to in order to complete the mission? In the interest of "realism" it would seem that securing the HVT is only half of the job. :)

3) In the "Destroy Object" task menus where a fuel depot is to be destroyed, the word "depot" is spelled incorrectly.

Thank you once again for creating this outstanding mod. It is greatly appreciated.