shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

Hi,

Some changes done by your feedbacks:

Change log r15:

Added: New parameter for the Mission Wizard: Area:

Whole map - the mission will be generated randomly inside the map's borders.

Current Zone - the mission will be generated inside the given zone (work around for addon map without MapSize param - make a zone big enough and pick the Current Zone option).

Added: 3D preset "Set Empty (Cargo)" clear all weapons, magazines and items from the vehicle's cargo.

Fixed: CAS didn't work on the MCC Console.

Fixed: Spectator script was broken in the mod version.

Fixed: Player keys might get stuck after using the MCC's Console.

Fixed: Mission Wizard: added some code changes toprevent getting stuck on the "Building A Mission" screen.

Fixed: Role Selection's FOB buttons didn't work on mod version.

Fixed: High Command on menu4 buttons didn't work on mod version.

Fixed: Garrison function didn't work on some addons' units.

Fixed: Mission wizard destroy vehicles objectives (AA,Artillery exc) can be destroyed by other weapons rather than satchels only.

Fixed: Misspelling and typos corrected by the help of Apollo from 3CB - big thanks.

Fixed: Difficulty in MCC Mission Wizard has been lowered.

Fixed: Mission Wizards tasks will now synced with JIP players.

Fixed: Group Gen and M-Tac (mcc console) didn't show the correct markers for addons' units.

You can find the PDF manual here (or inside the installation folder):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iq4a2whtf4slwrh/manual-mmc.pdf

Download Link - MP Mission version - Stratis:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vk1makz2q2vnfpn/mcc_sandbox.Stratis.pbo

Download Link - MP Mission version - Altis:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d25xly1ln63dgd6/mcc_sandbox.altis.pbo

Download Link - MP/SP Mod version:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cbpinx8knu5fw42/%40mcc_sandbox.rar

Edited by shay_gman

Hi everybody,

I'am new at this so I need your help. It seems that I have a small issue when I try to use the CAS from mission generator. when I select from the box the following planes [F-18 & all of HAF mod (Corsair, F-4s, etc.)], i reseive the messege that "air support is on the way" but never arrives. I have also tryed the same with F35 and It works just fine. I cant understand what Im doing wrong. Also the planes icons on the box are differentt color (grey not white).

Also when I try to add a group of planes already flying, always crash to the qround. The same happens with the qroup generator and 3D editor.

Any solutions (it worked great for A2)?

Thanks again and sorry for my enlgish, I no there not the best.

Is this problem still happening with the latest version (r15) released above?

Hi everybody,

I'am new at this so I need your help. It seems that I have a small issue when I try to use the CAS from mission generator. when I select from the box the following planes [F-18 & all of HAF mod (Corsair, F-4s, etc.)], i reseive the messege that "air support is on the way" but never arrives. I have also tryed the same with F35 and It works just fine. I cant understand what Im doing wrong. Also the planes icons on the box are differentt color (grey not white).

Also when I try to add a group of planes already flying, always crash to the qround. The same happens with the qroup generator and 3D editor.

Any solutions (it worked great for A2)?

Thanks again and sorry for my enlgish, I no there not the best.

@matt_gal

The problem is with the planes you are trying to spawn. Apprently their config files doesn't have pilots for them so they spawn empty and crush. Adress to this issue on the modders for this planes.

Is this problem still happening with the latest version (r15) released above?

Hi again,

I havent install r15 yet. What I cant understand is that when I use the 3d editor and add planes in the air, crash, but if I place them on the ground in an airfield they start taxing and take off.

How is possible to have a pilot on the confing files when on the ground and not in the air. (Regarding to what shay_gman reply).

Thank you for your reply

I dont see my artillery in 0-8 (support), select type of artillery, then number of round and Add, its say press 0-8 to see ... but there's no artillery in Supports.

I dont see my artillery in 0-8 (support), select type of artillery, then number of round and Add, its say press 0-8 to see ... but there's no artillery in Supports.

You have to use the box generator and under items MCC Console, its in there under one of the buttons

Hi again,

I havent install r15 yet. What I cant understand is that when I use the 3d editor and add planes in the air, crash, but if I place them on the ground in an airfield they start taxing and take off.

How is possible to have a pilot on the confing files when on the ground and not in the air. (Regarding to what shay_gman reply).

Thank you for your reply

Yeah you got a point there. The F-18 do spawn with pilots inside but for some reason they can't handle the plane when it spawned in mid air and they go nose down and crush. I'll see if spawning them a bit higher or with some velocity will help them regain control on the plane.

Thanks for reminding me I need to change the notifiation there. All MCC supports are done from the MCC console. The mission maker can assign support so the players (holding MCC console or UAV terminal in mission version) can call it.

Updated release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

=================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Yeah you got a point there. The F-18 do spawn with pilots inside but for some reason they can't handle the plane when it spawned in mid air and they go nose down and crush. I'll see if spawning them a bit higher or with some velocity will help them regain control on the plane.

Thanks for reminding me I need to change the notifiation there. All MCC supports are done from the MCC console. The mission maker can assign support so the players (holding MCC console or UAV terminal in mission version) can call it.

Thank you for your help. Hoping that im not saying something stupid, maybe a init field that we can type "this flyInHeight" or something like that could be a solution.

Again my experience in modding is limited so I realy dont know if is possible.

does this by chance work on other maps? Chernarus / Takistan

Yes it does.

Updated release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

=================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Thanks foxhound.

Shay...I would like to congratulate you on what I consider your best work with MCC. MCC is great when a group of my friends meet up. We'll make some great missions on the fly, and now it's even better with the wizard because I can generate missions so I can participate without knowing the outcome or as a single player campaign. If it's not too much trouble, is it possible to incorporate water based missions with the wizard(diving[stealth, salvage], ship to ship, ship to shore) and utilize what ARMA 3 has to offer.

Edited by FTW_PHOENIX

Thank you so much for being awesome and flexible enough to want to add some of those suggestions. You've made our night over here.

does this by chance work on other maps? Chernarus / Takistan

As Shay already answered, it does, but i just want to add an easy method to use MCC on any map.

Just rename the mission to the new map:

mcc_sandbox.Stratis.pbo to mcc_sandbox.Chernarus.pbo

If you are lucky the starting coordinates are inside the map, but if not, you have to place your side's FOB on the map.

You can try out Stratis and Altis MCC mission files, i think they use different starting coordinates.

This is something I believe we all wished for, a proper RTE for arma. This is the best and a must have mod. The only thing I miss is the synchronizing of waypoints. Shay are you able to implement waypoints synchronizing, is it even possible?

It seems all the aircraft have disappeared from the CAS calls on page 2 of MCC. I can no longer call in any airstrike because the tab for aircraft type is empty. I dont use and aircraft mods. I just thought I would let you know shay_gman.

Shay...I would like to congratulate you on what I consider your best work with MCC. MCC is great when a group of my friends meet up. We'll make some great missions on the fly, and now it's even better with the wizard because I can generate missions so I can participate without knowing the outcome or as a single player campaign. If it's not too much trouble, is it possible to incorporate water based missions with the wizard(diving[stealth, salvage], ship to ship, ship to shore) and utilize what ARMA 3 has to offer.

Water missions are nice idea. But I have just one idea for water mission which is salvage some sunken item. Regarding ship to shore exc, you can always set your insertion type so make a mission close to sea and just give the players a boat for insertion.

This is something I believe we all wished for, a proper RTE for arma. This is the best and a must have mod. The only thing I miss is the synchronizing of waypoints. Shay are you able to implement waypoints synchronizing, is it even possible?

Care to explain what you mean by sync waypoints?

It seems all the aircraft have disappeared from the CAS calls on page 2 of MCC. I can no longer call in any airstrike because the tab for aircraft type is empty. I dont use and aircraft mods. I just thought I would let you know shay_gman.

CAS planes are now read from configs so it depends on the selected faction. So switch to the specific plane's faction.

Example: Syncing GetIn waypoint with LOAD waypoint when you want a squad to board a vehicle etc.

CAS planes are now read from configs so it depends on the selected faction. So switch to the specific plane's faction.

Oh, ok. So if you play as Blufor you dont have the ability to call in Air unless you have aircraft mods. Its times like these I really just scratch my head and wonder why BIS decided that the dominant air power in the world would not have fixed wing aircraft. By dominant airpower I mean NATO.

Example: Syncing GetIn waypoint with LOAD waypoint when you want a squad to board a vehicle etc.

It should work with the group gen or MCC console just choose a group and give it a get in WP next to another group that have empty cargo space.

Oh, ok. So if you play as Blufor you dont have the ability to call in Air unless you have aircraft mods. Its times like these I really just scratch my head and wonder why BIS decided that the dominant air power in the world would not have fixed wing aircraft. By dominant airpower I mean NATO.

No no, when I sayed it faction releated I mean the MCC faction not the player's faction. Swith the factions in MCC to get to all CAS planes by faction.

It should work with the group gen or MCC console just choose a group and give it a get in WP next to another group that have empty cargo space.

Will try out, thanks.

Ah ok, thanks for clarifying shay. I am still getting used to all the new features. Thanks again. <3 MCC

What do you think about having the time/weather option default set to 'Dont change' in the mission wizard? its just that sometimes its easy (for me) to forget to set the option to this.