shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

Credits go to Shay, i am silently cooking new ai :rolleyes: Dont tell anybody please!

ok will keep it for myself and thank you for taking me into his confidence :)

Ok so i got it working... Just a problem with settings but i have encountered another problem when i try to set permissions. When even i place my name within the
this setvariable ["names",["Pan21","Spirit"]];

and go in-game i cannot access the MCC menu at all. Im not quite sure what is causing this....

@Pan 21 it's changed and it is now being determened by player's UID rather than names. Put your UID in it as a sting.

@MacScottie - I think it is inevitable that all clients should use MCC as its hold function that effects client side. There are many ways to control MCC accesss including putting the Access Module or depbo it and change the new name variable to only contains the players with access or just leave it empty for admin only.

I just had to come here in the middle of my game to say thank you for the AMAZING update! I've been playing with the MCC for a while now and the new Mission generator is so good. I love this.

Also have to add that I like the new group generator alot.. very fast to issue commands, very nice job

Edited by Hapexi

The download link on the front page has been updated for anyone who is looking for the newest version (r14).

Thanks shay_gman!

lol i'm still uploading the youtube video so I'll make it officially later. Enjoy.

Thanks Shay just downloaded ...checking in the morning :yay:

Had a quick look .... perfect !! thanks again

Edited by Spoor

Shay, Now the Group Creator interface doesn´t have a Waypoint editor, so I can´t give waypoint to the groups I´ve spawned and they just keep idling around =(

Could you please bring it back, or the Waypoint editor to AI groups is located on some other page in MCC?

cheers!

;2593681']Shay' date=' Now the Group Creator interface doesn´t have a Waypoint editor, so I can´t give waypoint to the groups I´ve spawned and they just keep idling around =(

Could you please bring it back, or the Waypoint editor to AI groups is located on some other page in MCC?

cheers![/quote']

There is a waypoint editor. Select the group you have created on the map (left click with mouse), then double click on the map where you want a waypoint. A popup will show.

Ok Youtube has finally finished rendering the video tutorial so here is:

MCC r14 update:

Change log r14:

--- New feature: Missions Wizard ---

Mission Wizard (MW) is a quick one press missions generator for MCC. It is in MCC's menu 5.

The mission wizard will read any map and scan its' locations to find the best location for the mission.

Each mission is called operation and can have up to three different objectives.

The MW will handle BIS default factions and any addon faction or island.

It will spawn units, groups, vehicles and static weapons with different behaviors, it will automatically create zones and populate them.

It will automatically create tasks and triggers.

It will change the weather, date and time of day to fit the mission.

It will even generate custom briefings on a new custom stratigic map.

The mission maker should define a few parameters before pressing "Generate Mission":

- Rival faction: who are we fighting?

- # players: The ammount of players the mission is built for (more players equal more enemy's units and greater distance between objectives).

- Difficulty: The higher the difficulty the more enemy's units the player should expect.

- CQB: No - The mission will not be inside a residential area.

Yes Without Civilians - The mission will be in a city or a village you can expect enemy forces garrison the area but no civilians.

Yes with Civilians - The mission will be in a city or a village you can expect enemy forces garrison the area and civilians' units and vehicles in the area.

- Stealth: If stealth is on the mission will be a night op and incase the players get detected they should expect alarms going off and reinforcement comming in.

- Objectives 1 to 3: Up to 3 objectives per operation:

- Random: will randomly select an objective type.

- Secure HVT: Rescue mission. Save a hostage from the enemy hands.

- Kill HVT: Assassinate one of the enemy's high ranks officer.

- Destroy Object: Sabotage the enemy war efforts by destroying objects ranging from: fuel dumps, ammo cash, radar, prototype vehicles and plans, artillery, AA and many more.

- Pick Intel: Snatch an important information out of the enemy's hand it can be hidden in suitcases, folders exc.

- Clear Area: Capture an enemy's strong point, clear it and defend against might be counter attacks.

- Disarm IED: Disarm a massive IED placed by the enemy.

- Vehicles: Should there be enemy's vehicles on scene.

- Armor: Should there be enemy's armor on scene.

- IEDs: If turned on MW will place IEDs and ambushes on roads leading to the objectives.

- Suicide Bombers: If turned on MW will place suicide bombers around the objectives.

- Armed Civilians: If turned on MW will place armed civilians around the objectives.

- Roadblocks: If turned on MW will place roadblock on the roads leading to the objectives.

--- Group Generator ---

Totally reworked Group gen:

- Changed: Get total control on the AI with a new RTS like interface and functionality:

Groups will have NATO symbols to represents group's size and type. They will change color to indicate they are in combat.

Choosing groups will be done by clicking on their icon or by drawing a box around them or by holding Ctrl for multi-selection.

Right clicking on a group icon will show additional details as:

- Group leader's name.

- Group infantry count.

- Group vehicles.

- Group behavior.

To issue waypoints choose one or more groups and double click anywhere on the minimap to issue WP.

Group Gen support all sides and can address waypoints that are will not work with BIS high command such as: get in, load, join exc.

Mission maker will stop UPSMON if issuing custom WP to an UPSMON controlled group.

--- Garrison ----

- Added: Garrison units will patrol between nearby buildings.

- Fixed: Garrison will now work on bunkers.

- Fixed: Garrison will not spawn snipers/aa/at and such.

- Fixed: Garrison unit's density reduced by half.

- Fixed: Vehicles in garrison will no longer explode and the vehicles will be spawned on the roads' shoulders.

--- VAS ---

- Fixed: Updated to latest VAS version.

- Fixed: MCC VAS will not overwrite missions' VAS and will not collide with existing mission's VAS if present.

--- UI ---

- Added: Name tags - you can turn name tags on and off from mission settings. Name tags will show name and rank of nearby friendly units and while in vehicle it will

show the names of the crew.

- Added: A number of units per group indecator while spawning groups.

- Added: Info to how to disable IED when choosing to be an EOD or engineer class.

- Fixed: Map Alpha has been reduced to show map markers.

- Fixed: Unit Managment (Menu 4) will display the vehicles' display name rather then the class name.

- Fixed: MCC changes terrain grid sometimes (Floating rocks problem).

- Fixed: Time on map and actual time were different.

--- Misc ---

- Fixed: Disbanding hostage will not make you leave your group.

- Fixed: Some triggers didn't saved correctly.

- Added: Mod's mission now have BTC.

--- Commander Console ---

- Fixed: By default players won't be able to see WP assigned to them unless defined by Mission Settings.

--- 3D Editor ---

- Fixed: 3D preset - destroy by satchel only wasn't working

- Fixed: When spawning vehicles in 3D editor the turret will look the same direction the vehicle is pointing

--- Engine ---

- Changed: Mod version is no longer requires CBA.

- Changed: CAS airplanes are read from configs instead of premade list - you can call CAS with your favorite addon's plane.

- Changed: Groups placed with Ambush behavior will look further away for roads to place mines.

- Added: In mission version MCC_allowedPlayers variable for controling who will have MCC access. Host or server's admin can always access MCC. Leave "all" for free access

- Added: MCC will delete empty groups.

- Added: Admin or server host can kick out mission maker.

- Added: If the mission maker DC he will leave MCC.

- Changed: CAS airplanes are read from configs instead of premade list - you can call CAS with your favorite addon's plane.

Very cool! Alltho after testing it seems to spawn an empty plane if i use ei F18 (they fall out of the sky).. Am i doing it wrong?

You are doing it right but the F18 config dosen't have a pilot for the F18 so it spawned empty.

great update ! especially the engine changes/adds ! this is what ive been waiting for as admin on the server

MCC in combination with ALiVE is just an masterpiece !

keep it up man we cant live without anymore

Thx for the new version, its fantastic. Just 1 question: is it possible get the new Menu5 "Mission Creator" work with the Arma2 Mappack? I tried it, it didnt work :(

Was just about to post ^This^. I had to log out to get the "Generating Mission" off my screen. Tried Chernarus and Takistan and it just stuck on generating. There is a quick error too before it starts to generate. I cant remember exactly word for word but something like "Error: Map Takistan Size Param undefined" Sorry if thats not it. I tried it late last night and was tired. Anothe guy in my unit tried to use the MCC Tablet for UAV and AC-130 etc.... and it broke his controls. He had to restart Arma to fix it. Just thought Id let you know.

Thanks a lot for the New Version shay_gman! MCC is an outstanding mod and I couldnt play Arma without it.

Was just about to post ^This^. I had to log out to get the "Generating Mission" off my screen. Tried Chernarus and Takistan and it just stuck on generating. There is a quick error too before it starts to generate. I cant remember exactly word for word but something like "Error: Map Takistan Size Param undefined" Sorry if thats not it. I tried it late last night and was tired. Anothe guy in my unit tried to use the MCC Tablet for UAV and AC-130 etc.... and it broke his controls. He had to restart Arma to fix it. Just thought Id let you know.

Thanks a lot for the New Version shay_gman! MCC is an outstanding mod and I couldnt play Arma without it.

I know there are some problems with the A2 map pack. I can try and do a workaround on my side but you should post it the A2 mappack so he will fix it.

Regarding losing controls I thought I've fixed it :( well i'll get on it again.

Are you planning to upgrade to the newer version of upsmon?

MCC always updating UPSMON (in fact the UPSMON version for A3 was converted for MCC) even in this last update you have UPSMON update (see the engine part) but we are chaning it to fit the dynamic on the fly nature of MCC. On side note Spirit is working on a new ground shaking AI behavior for MCC so you'll have to wait.

;2593834']great update .... KNIP ......

MCC in combination with ALiVE is just an masterpiece !

keep it up man we cant live without anymore

Right you are !!!!!!

You are doing it right but the F18 config dosen't have a pilot for the F18 so it spawned empty.

Is there an easy way I can fix this?

Wonderful mod, been busy trying to understand it all.

I have a couple of questions that I desperately want to have answered, as I am running into frustrating roadblocks with editing a mission.

1. I'm building a mission in the 2D editor, and I want to be able to use MCC's 3D Editor to fine-tune the placement of units and some objects. Is it somehow possible to edit a mission, go into Preview mode to use MCC to place the units, then copy-paste MCC's additions into the mission.sqm? I tried to do it, but what was pasted to the clipboard looks nothing like what I see in mission.sqm. Can the info from both the 2D editor and my additions from MCC somehow be combined?

2. Is there a way that I can add custom objects (such as those from Dren's Editor Upgrade) into MCC's 3D Editor for placement?

Thanks in advance for any help.

GG

Shay, what to say bro, awesome tool, the mission generator is brilliant and could almost be standalone especially for us lowly SP dudes.

Some things i noticed when using it, the destroy mission for the drone prototype, i could not destroy it, it was indestructible, and the document mission placed itself on the gangway of the radar on air station mike? maybe it was supposed to be on the table but i only saw a table on the gangway, it did have 2 units guarding it on the gangway.

Anyway that was just on a quick initial run through, thanks again.

Shay,

Thanks for the hard work. Here are some bugs we are noticing.

• The editor does not always release controll when someone logs out or is kicked.
  • If someone joins a Dynamically created mission AFTER it has been made the mission marker/objectives are not present.
  • This MAY be an ARMA3 bug, and not a MCC bug: Fixed Wing UAVs placed via the 3dEditor are still bugged. Now you can connect to them, but they spin up then spin down, and then if you try and press W to go forward you see your avatar run in front of the UAV. Your POV is inside the UAV but the controls are controlling your InfantryMan/Avatar.
  • Air support is STILL not able to drop anything roughly on target. It'd be nice if they at least would try and drop it at the start of the line.

Future Features?

We are testing the Dynamic Mission maker and really loving it. The way it chooses the random city/town to host the mission in is odd. It'd also be nice, if we don't want the town to be random, but we want everything else to be dynamic, if we could draw a box around it with Zone 1, and it'd look for Zone 1 and place everything else.

Thank you again for all you do.

Incomitatum

Edited by Incomitatum

Truely impressed with the Mission Wizard!

I'm one of the missions makers for a group I'm apart of. I enjoy making missions but at the same time I kinda know what to expect since I created them myself. This Mission Wizard allows easy creation of a type of mission we want to run without any of us knowing the exact details!