shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

Spawned failed. No good position found. This is all I ever get when I try to spawn anything.

You should create a zone first. The zone have to big enough to find a decent position so make it at least 50 by 50. Try using the vanilla maps as I am aware there is some problem with the A3 Mod.

Let me know if this is working for you.

I think you misunderstand me. We didn't even try, because we would like to use mcc as an addon (mod) without any mumbo jumbo scripting thing, on selected missions. That's why i would be happy to see the mod working only for admins, who can pass on the rights. I know this way it's a bit more problematic to handle, but we would love this as an option. Anyway, thanks for trying to help me out ;)

If you want to use the mod you can easily restrict players access by adding the MCC's Access Module. You can read more on that in the manual in the first thread.

To those of you so anxious to have MCC for admin only:

What context are people logging into MCC with that you can't control? MCC says when someone logs in, so it's extremely simple to punish or ban someone for using MCC when they're not supposed to. There are already plenty of ways to restrict MCC to certain slots or even certain player IDs. Requiring MCC to have the admin logged in could create a lot of issues.

That said:

Shay, is there a way you can make it so that the person logged in as admin can force logout the MCC controller? There have been a lot of times in our games where the MCC controller disconnects from the server but is still logged in to MCC, and noone can log him out. In ArmA 2, there was a "cheat" for this, and you could hit the refresh button then quickly tap the logout button and it would log them out, but you can't do that in A3.

Additionally, I have a couple of suggestions from my unit for MCC:

1. A visual indicator of the current number of groups per faction so you know when you are close to the limit.

2. An option that limits the number of groups it allows you to have to 143, thus never letting you hit the 144 barrier, you can then delete units and spawn new ones in.

The question should MCC be normally open or normally closed is still unanswered. I do think that the module thing is enough for communities to control who can have MCC access but it is required

Editing mission and adding the MCC Access module. But even without it I prefer having the MCC and not using it than not having it and needing it in case the editor mission get broken.

I'll add the option for admin to take over MCC even if there is a mission maker.

I'll add a counter for units/groups. I already added a delete empty group procedure.

Hi everyone, but especially shay_gman,

first of all congratulations and thank you very much to shay_gman and all the people that contributed to the MCC mod, it's quite quite amazing, easy to use and lots of fun.

So, I have a very simple question actually (for Arma 3):

I am trying to make the barebones of a mission with the mission editor and then complete the mission with MCC (kind of what Jester184 does for the 15th MEU), ie, I'd like to generate the spawn points and playable units with the mission editor, save the mission and then, while playing that mission, have the MCC mission generation console available to me for adding more AI, patrols, convoys and such.

I have tried the following and none of it has worked:

- subscribing to the MCC mods for Altis and Stratis via the Steam Workshop. In this case, there is no Module (F7) for MCC that I can add within the editor, and the MCC Sandbox missions are the only ones in which the option - Mission Editor -is available in the action menu within the mission.

- downloading MCC as a mod (from Armaholic). In this case, the MCC modules are availabe in the editor. However, after I create the mission I do not have the - Mission Editor - option in the action menu. I have tried creating the mission with and without MCC modules, with and without the "this setvariable ["names..." initialization of the modules and finally with and without syncing the MCC modules to my player.

Just to clarify: I want to run the missions in Multiplayer with me (or a friend) as a host, with me as MCC only admin, but not on a dedicated server.

A second question would be: is it possible to save a mission created with MCC as a mission that was just created by the editor (i.e, create a .pbo file from it)?

Ok, that's it. Thanks a lot in advance for your help and keep up the astounding job!

Best,

doktorflan.

- The Steam workshop item is the mission version – you'll have an empty map with a place holders for units from each sides and some gear script, markers and params. But you'll have it only in the MCC mission.

- The mod version requires CBA. You should download it and make sure it is running before MCC mod to have the MCC action menu – I'm going to remove CBA dependency completely in the next update.

- You can't create a PBO from MCC mission but you can play PBO mission and add stuff with MCC and then save it using the MCC save function. I might add save to PBO but it will work only for the 3D editor items for now.

is it possible you can move the interface to any location on the screen ? (drag mcc window)

also any changes between tabs do map reset.

reproduce : login and zoom on map to any location, change tab . you will see that the map reset .

and the change from unit to unit focuses on the position of the unit. is a bit annoying if you want to move multiple units (not groups).. can be focused on double click only?

reproduce :try to move 4 units to a particular point far away from you. you will see that any change unit focuses on where the choosen unit are and must regain the point you made the ​​last transfer....

how do i save a sp scenario that i made with mcc sandbox?

- The Steam workshop item is the mission version – you'll have an empty map with a place holders for units from each sides and some gear script, markers and params. But you'll have it only in the MCC mission.

- The mod version requires CBA. You should download it and make sure it is running before MCC mod to have the MCC action menu – I'm going to remove CBA dependency completely in the next update.

- You can't create a PBO from MCC mission but you can play PBO mission and add stuff with MCC and then save it using the MCC save function. I might add save to PBO but it will work only for the 3D editor items for now.

Wow that was fast! I tried it with CBA and it worked. One last question: should my friends download and install MCC as well?

Wow that was fast! I tried it with CBA and it worked. One last question: should my friends download and install MCC as well?

On mod version, yes.

Sorry for the noob question, but I have rented a dedicated server, Installed MCC and a couple of other mods and they seem to work fine. But how do I start an empty mission like the mcc template mission on the server? I just want to start with an empty map and use MCC.

The Template Mission is embedded in the addon by config file. So login as admin (#admin <password>) then select missions (#missions).

Sorry for being so dense but I can't figure this out. In my server.cfg what do I put under class missions? (the server I rent come with default mission) I would like to remove that and only have an empty map where I can use the MCC console. I have tried to figure this out, but when I have added other missions to the code underneath and copied the .pbo file to the server you can connect to it but you never get past the 'loading screen'. I.E the role selection screen doesn't appear.

class Missions

{

{

template="mcc_sandbox_raider_v3.Stratis";

difficulty="Regular";

};

class wasteland

{

template="Sandbox65_GoT_Wasteland_V23.Stratis";

difficulty="Regular";

};

};

Also, the first page of this thread mentions .sqf files to edit, as far as I can see the mod doesn't contain any .sqf files to edit. Can someone please answer me like I'm a complete idiot? :-) I have never made missions in ARMA before, or managed a dedicated server so all of this is new to me. I have hosted missions successfuly myself using the mission version but that's it.

Also, when I play the wasteland mission the mcc console is there and appearently works but it says access denied when I try to do something(yes, I click the login button first).

Edited by Bohemian_Flapsody

Just a quick one Shay. If someone logs into MCC and then logs off the server without logging out of MCC - it's locked. Nothing the admin can do until the original person logs back in.

Very frustrating :(

I don't really want to have to restart the private each time I need to get it. Can it be changes so that logging out of the mission automatically logs you off MCC ?

SJ

Guys I need your opinions I was thinking about making MCC disabled for all but to the server admin. And to have the option for the admin to grant access to MCC to other players.... what do you think?

This would be exatly what i am looking for because i can`t get Access restriction to work on the script version of MCC.

Hi guys, a quick noob question if I may.

Does anyone know what the squad ID's are for the command line in MCC? I've been looking high and low. I know that you can use stuff like player enableFatigue false; and player setSpeaker "Male02ENGB"; but what would you replace 'player' with for commands to affect existing AI squad members?

I can add things to them if I spawn said soldiers in via the 3D editor with the join player command, but if there's a way to alter already existing squad members, that would really help me out.

If someone could let me know, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

how do i save a sp scenario that i made with mcc sandbox?

You should use the save function in MCC first menu. You have 20 save's slot.

is it possible you can move the interface to any location on the screen ? (drag mcc window)

also any changes between tabs do map reset.

reproduce : login and zoom on map to any location, change tab . you will see that the map reset .

and the change from unit to unit focuses on the position of the unit. is a bit annoying if you want to move multiple units (not groups).. can be focused on double click only?

reproduce :try to move 4 units to a particular point far away from you. you will see that any change unit focuses on where the choosen unit are and must regain the point you made the last transfer....

I'll look into it.

Sorry for the noob question, but I have rented a dedicated server, Installed MCC and a couple of other mods and they seem to work fine. But how do I start an empty mission like the mcc template mission on the server? I just want to start with an empty map and use MCC.

Sorry for being so dense but I can't figure this out. In my server.cfg what do I put under class missions? (the server I rent come with default mission) I would like to remove that and only have an empty map where I can use the MCC console. I have tried to figure this out, but when I have added other missions to the code underneath and copied the .pbo file to the server you can connect to it but you never get past the 'loading screen'. I.E the role selection screen doesn't appear.

class Missions

{

{

template="mcc_sandbox_raider_v3.Stratis";

difficulty="Regular";

};

class wasteland

{

template="Sandbox65_GoT_Wasteland_V23.Stratis";

difficulty="Regular";

};

};

Also, the first page of this thread mentions .sqf files to edit, as far as I can see the mod doesn't contain any .sqf files to edit. Can someone please answer me like I'm a complete idiot? :-) I have never made missions in ARMA before, or managed a dedicated server so all of this is new to me. I have hosted missions successfuly myself using the mission version but that's it.

Also, when I play the wasteland mission the mcc console is there and appearently works but it says access denied when I try to do something(yes, I click the login button first).

The init.sqf should be edited in mission's version only. You can add you own init.sqf in any mission while playing the mod and rewrite the variables you want to edit.

Regarding empty MCC mission: Because the mission is part of the mod you wouldn't see it while starting the server only when inside the server by tping #missions.

While using the mod and if you didn't put the Access module you'll have MCC in every mission. You can download F3 framework mission to have a gear and marker scripts.

Link: http://ferstaberinde.com/f3/en//index.php?title=Downloads

Just a quick one Shay. If someone logs into MCC and then logs off the server without logging out of MCC - it's locked. Nothing the admin can do until the original person logs back in.

Very frustrating :(

I don't really want to have to restart the private each time I need to get it. Can it be changes so that logging out of the mission automatically logs you off MCC ?

SJ

Fixed in new version.

Hi guys, a quick noob question if I may.

Does anyone know what the squad ID's are for the command line in MCC? I've been looking high and low. I know that you can use stuff like player enableFatigue false; and player setSpeaker "Male02ENGB"; but what would you replace 'player' with for commands to affect existing AI squad members?

I can add things to them if I spawn said soldiers in via the 3D editor with the join player command, but if there's a way to alter already existing squad members, that would really help me out.

If someone could let me know, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

The squads display names are not the actual squad names. You can use allgroups command on the debug menu to see all groups name on the server.

I'm terribly sorry, I wasn't clear enough in my request.

Is there a command for individual soldiers in your squad to use in the command line in single player scenarios?

Like in this screenshot (http://i.imgur.com/Trnr8eu.jpg), but replacing 'player' with the ID for soldier 2 in my team so that I can give each of my squad members a different voice and such. Is it possible? The allGroups command doesn't seem to do anything via the debug menu in the scenario I just tested it in.

Sorry to pester you with questions, pal.

What is the current version of this mod? The original post shows version r12 in the change log, Armaholic shows version r15, and Play With Six shows version 0.0.13.

Thanks!

Just a quick question if i may? I seem to have a problem getting the button to show up in the action menu no matter what i do. However i can get the menu in the SP altis version yet not for Stratis, MP or any map i create... Just curious if i may be doing something stupidly easy wrong that im just not seeing.

It is r14 but my guess is that everyone read it different.

Pan21 you need CBA or wait till tomorrow.

I'm tired so I won't release the new version today but just a quick preview on what you should expect:

Change log r14:

--- New feature: Missions Wizard ---

Mission Wizard (MW) is a quick one press missions generator for MCC. It is in MCC's menu 5.

The mission wizard will read any map and scan its' locations to find the best location for the mission.

Each mission is called operation and can have up to three different objectives.

The MW will handle BIS default factions and any addon faction or island.

It will spawn units, groups, vehicles and static weapons with different behaviors, it will automatically create zones and populate them.

It will automatically create tasks and triggers.

It will change the weather, date and time of day to fit the mission.

It will even generate custom briefings on a new custom stratigic map.

The mission maker should define a few parameters before pressing "Generate Mission":

- Rival faction: who are we fighting?

- # players: The ammount of players the mission is built for (more players equal more enemy's units and greater distance between objectives).

- Difficulty: The higher the difficulty the more enemy's units the player should expect.

- CQB: No - The mission will not be inside a residential area.

Yes Without Civilians - The mission will be in a city or a village you can expect enemy forces garrison the area but no civilians.

Yes with Civilians - The mission will be in a city or a village you can expect enemy forces garrison the area and civilians' units and vehicles in the area.

- Stealth: If stealth is on the mission will be a night op and incase the players get detected they should expect alarms going off and reinforcement comming in.

- Objectives 1 to 3: Up to 3 objectives per operation:

- Random: will randomly select an objective type.

- Secure HVT: Rescue mission. Save a hostage from the enemy hands.

- Kill HVT: Assassinate one of the enemy's high ranks officer.

- Destroy Object: Sabotage the enemy war efforts by destroying objects ranging from: fuel dumps, ammo cash, radar, prototype vehicles and plans, artillery, AA and many more.

- Pick Intel: Snatch an important information out of the enemy's hand it can be hidden in suitcases, folders exc.

- Clear Area: Capture an enemy's strong point, clear it and defend against might be counter attacks.

- Disarm IED: Disarm a massive IED placed by the enemy.

- Vehicles: Should there be enemy's vehicles on scene.

- Armor: Should there be enemy's armor on scene.

- IEDs: If turned on MW will place IEDs and ambushes on roads leading to the objectives.

- Suicide Bombers: If turned on MW will place suicide bombers around the objectives.

- Armed Civilians: If turned on MW will place armed civilians around the objectives.

- Roadblocks: If turned on MW will place roadblock on the roads leading to the objectives.

--- Group Generator ---

Totally reworked Group gen:

- Changed: Get total control on the AI with a new RTS like interface and functionality:

Groups will have NATO symbols to represents group's size and type. They will change color to indicate they are in combat.

Choosing groups will be done by clicking on their icon or by drawing a box around them or by holding Ctrl for multi-selection.

Right clicking on a group icon will show additional details as:

- Group leader's name.

- Group infantry count.

- Group vehicles.

- Group behavior.

To issue waypoints choose one or more groups and double click anywhere on the minimap to issue WP.

Group Gen support all sides and can address waypoints that are will not work with BIS high command such as: get in, load, join exc.

Mission maker will stop UPSMON if issuing custom WP to an UPSMON controlled group.

--- Garrison ----

- Added: Garrison units will patrol between nearby buildings.

- Fixed: Garrison will now work on bunkers.

- Fixed: Garrison will not spawn snipers/aa/at and such.

- Fixed: Garrison unit's density reduced by half.

- Fixed: Vehicles in garrison will no longer explode and the vehicles will be spawned on the roads' shoulders.

--- VAS ---

- Fixed: Updated to latest VAS version.

- Fixed: MCC VAS will not overwrite missions' VAS and will not collide with existing mission's VAS if present.

--- UI ---

- Added: Name tags - you can turn name tags on and off from mission settings. Name tags will show name and rank of nearby friendly units and while in vehicle it will

show the names of the crew.

- Added: A number of units per group indecator while spawning groups.

- Added: Info to how to disable IED when choosing to be an EOD or engineer class.

- Fixed: Map Alpha has been reduced to show map markers.

- Fixed: Unit Managment (Menu 4) will display the vehicles' display name rather then the class name.

- Fixed: MCC changes terrain grid sometimes (Floating rocks problem).

- Fixed: Time on map and actual time were different.

--- Misc ---

- Fixed: Disbanding hostage will not make you leave your group.

- Fixed: Some triggers didn't saved correctly.

- Added: Mod's mission now have BTC.

--- Commander Console ---

- Fixed: By default players won't be able to see WP assigned to them unless defined by Mission Settings.

--- 3D Editor ---

- Fixed: 3D preset - destroy by satchel only wasn't working

- Fixed: When spawning vehicles in 3D editor the turret will look the same direction the vehicle is pointing

--- Engine ---

- Changed: Mod version is no longer requires CBA.

- Changed: CAS airplanes are read from configs instead of premade list - you can call CAS with your favorite addon's plane.

- Changed: Groups placed with Ambush behavior will look further away for roads to place mines.

- Added: In mission version MCC_allowedPlayers variable for controling who will have MCC access. Host or server's admin can always access MCC. Leave "all" for free access

- Added: MCC will delete empty groups.

- Added: Admin or server host can kick out mission maker.

- Added: If the mission maker DC he will leave MCC.

Edited by shay_gman

Superb amount of changes there shay_gman. Looking forward to tomorrow !

Change log r14:

hqdefault.jpg

---------- Post added at 07:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

It will change the weather, date and time of day to fit the mission.

Doesn't everyone have to have MCC in order for everyone to see these changes? If so, is there a way you can force the changes through without everyone on the server needing MCC, or optionally maybe a new pbo called something like "MCC Client" that's just a small pbo that makes the changes go through but doesn't give players all the MCC features?

I have a big Problem with mcc and can´t get rid of it.

First of all: I use mcc since AmrA 2 and know how it works. Although it worked for a couple of month and then suddenly without updating the mod some strage behavior appeared.

Now the Problem: I log in and can change the time the weather, can teleport ...

But when i try to spawn something. In a zone, 3D editor, ammocrate, whatever, it isnt placed and from that time on i can´t logout.

I can´t see the ingamechat and i do no damage to anything.

Of course i tryed different Versions of the mod. And of course i know that CBA must run.

And of course i tyed it with nothing then these two aktivated.

One last word: In SP everything is nice. It only happens in MP. (Tyed on different servers while other people where able to use it there)

I hope someone could help me.

@Pennywise666

There is supposed to be an update released soon. I think it was actually supposed to be out yesterday. I would wait and see if you still have the problem after this next update.

Ok so i got it working... Just a problem with settings but i have encountered another problem when i try to set permissions. When even i place my name within the

this setvariable ["names",["Pan21","Spirit"]];

and go in-game i cannot access the MCC menu at all. Im not quite sure what is causing this....

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/ZsxCMPQzqvk/hqdefault.jpg

Doesn't everyone have to have MCC in order for everyone to see these changes? If so, is there a way you can force the changes through without everyone on the server needing MCC, or optionally maybe a new pbo called something like "MCC Client" that's just a small pbo that makes the changes go through but doesn't give players all the MCC features?

We would really like to add a lightweight MCC client to our modpack - but not necessarily give every member access to the mission making stuff (or add a menu icon to their action menu.)

I have a big Problem with mcc and can´t get rid of it.First of all: I use mcc since AmrA 2 and know how it works. Although it worked for a couple of month and then suddenly without updating the mod some strage behavior appeared.Now the Problem: I log in and can change the time the weather, can teleport ...But when i try to spawn something. In a zone, 3D editor, ammocrate, whatever, it isnt placed and from that time on i can´t logout.I can´t see the ingamechat and i do no damage to anything. Of course i tryed different Versions of the mod. And of course i know that CBA must run. And of course i tyed it with nothing then these two aktivated.One last word: In SP everything is nice. It only happens in MP. (Tyed on different servers while other people where able to use it there) I hope someone could help me.

Make sure the server holds the same version (and is running) mcc MOD. If you changed nothing on the MCC then it must be other things you changed. Logging in and out is handled by server via public variables and it seems it is not responding. This can be seen also in the text you claim you dont see, it is server related or mod conflict related. Anyway, MCC is about to be released without CBA, so stay tuned.

@Pennywise666

There is supposed to be an update released soon. I think it was actually supposed to be out yesterday. I would wait and see if you still have the problem after this next update.

It is inbound.

Ok so i got it working... Just a problem with settings but i have encountered another problem when i try to set permissions. When even i place my name within the
this setvariable ["names",["Pan21","Spirit"]];

and go in-game i cannot access the MCC menu at all. Im not quite sure what is causing this....

Strange. Anyway, i would recommand to wait for the next release. The whole access right thingy is different (access by admin on server). -> read changes on previous page.

We would really like to add a lightweight MCC client to our modpack - but not necessarily give every member access to the mission making stuff (or add a menu icon to their action menu.)

Same as above. Wait out, access is much better arranged in new version.

That said, you guys will love the generator and the awesome missions it can create.!

@Shay/Spirit - great amount changes guys thanks - love it .. can't wait :bounce3:

@Shay/Spirit - great amount changes guys thanks - love it .. can't wait :bounce3:

Credits go to Shay, i am silently cooking new ai :rolleyes: Dont tell anybody please!