shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

Hey shay,

top-notch mod! i could use the sandbox in editors preview mode and self-hosted games very well but i tried to load a testmission with included sandbox to my dedicated server tonight and it seems like it is not working there. the mod is still usable until i try to login to the sandbox-panel and i cannot use the functions because of an acces denied error.

of course i checked all the obvious things so far:

- mod is installed correctly

- script is initialized

- logged in as admin

- tried the module version with names and with synch to the unit in editor

but still it is not working in MP on server for me right now :(

Is there any hint you can give to me guys?

best regards,

ian

Well looks like MCC isn't runing on the server.

Really nice work with MCC sandbox, im a big fan.

I have a question, im looking to restrict access to players on the mission version using player names and player slots (role), im not a really good scripter but i have been looking in the module access init, found a variable _names but when i added random name, i still got access to it. Can you tell me more about how it works?

Thank you!

Sure,

add this to the init after

waituntil {alive player};
if (getPlayerUID player != "123456789") then {player removeAction mcc_actionInedx}; 

you should add that after respawn too.

BTW Grats Jester (MacScottie) for new videio realse:

Thank you for support. You was absolutely right. The folder was named wrong -.-

It's working now! one of the best mods dude

ian

Sure,

add this to the init after

if (getPlayerUID player != "123456789") then {player removeAction mcc_actionInedx}; 

you should add that after respawn too.

BTW Grats Jester (MacScottie) for new videio realse:

Ok this is to restrict certain players, what about restricting everybody by default and then adding names that can acces the mission generator tool. Is there an easy to achieve this?

Thank you!

Hi!

Thanks for the reply, but basically im looking for the equivalent of the Access Rights module but on the mission version. So basicly by default the access would be restricted to everybody but a couple of players. I want to avoid using the mod so nobody has to download anything but the mission.

Thank you

Maybe someone can help me out with a mission design in ARMA3:

I set in MCC "restistance" is hostile to "all" - I placed FIA Solidiers at the mission guarding my hostages. But they simply won't attack any NATO-Forces. Can anyone help me out? Thanks in advance!

Edited by relain

Hi!

Thanks for the reply, but basically im looking for the equivalent of the Access Rights module but on the mission version. So basicly by default the access would be restricted to everybody but a couple of players. I want to avoid using the mod so nobody has to download anything but the mission.

Thank you

Replace the _allowedUsers with the UID of the players you want to have access to MCC.

private ["_allowedUsers "];
_allowedUsers = ["1234","4232"];
if (getPlayerUID player !in  _allowedUsers) then {player removeAction mcc_actionInedx};  

FIA is BluFor, isn't it?

You got a point:j:

Edited by shay_gman

FIA is BluFor, isn't it?

Oh noes....*facepalm @myself. 2 hours of placing "rebels" for nothing. Thanks for the tipp. :)

Edit: This is quite confusing - you can see in MCC FIA could be also GUER - which could be something like restistance, right?

Edited by relain

Oh no,

I just spend 5 hours building a mission. I closed the ARMA3. Start ARMA3 again. Logged into the MCC. Hit the button to load the last save via load from profile. And MCC just loads parts/fragments of my mission - I can see it even in the code, everything is there - it just doesn't load. Even if I roll back to an older save, it doesn't work. Any idea how I could fix this?

Oh no,

I just spend 5 hours building a mission. I closed the ARMA3. Start ARMA3 again. Logged into the MCC. Hit the button to load the last save via load from profile. And MCC just loads parts/fragments of my mission - I can see it even in the code, everything is there - it just doesn't load. Even if I roll back to an older save, it doesn't work. Any idea how I could fix this?

Send me the save text ill see what is the problem.

Hey

I am looking for some help with regards to allowing me to use the MCC Sandbox when using a ARMA 3 server for which I have ownership. I have access to The control panel but that is as far it gets with regards to using it.

Thank you for your help

Got a stuck and can't move

Login to MCC

close it

Died

respawned

Open it

Freez! animations are stop and can't even move

Deleted

Edited by kgino1045

Anyone else getting spammed with VAS preload script errors on mission load? It occurs only since the last update. Mostly errors because of undefined variables, such as vas_r_glasses, vas_vests and so on.

Anyone else getting spammed with VAS preload script errors on mission load? It occurs only since the last update. Mostly errors because of undefined variables, such as vas_r_glasses, vas_vests and so on.

+1 for that

It because the server is runing an outdated version of MCC, or you are running the mission and the server is runing the mod.

It because the server is runing an outdated version of MCC, or you are running the mission and the server is runing the mod.

the server and also the clients are running the latest mcc version

Server and clients are all running the same (mod) version (the last one posted in this thread, synced per custom playWithSIX repo). Could the mission be the problem? The mission is using VAS itself.

Mod version as downloaded and run with CBA works just fine. If I try to host an MP game using the mission as downloaded from Steam Workshop, it's not working. I start with a map full of dozens of combatants fighting it out.

Honestly I prefer the mod version but I cant get my friends on board to use mods.... too much work (don't ask, I don't get that either).... so using the Work Shop file would be the preferred approach.

Help, what am I doing wrong?

Edited by lawndartleo

Mod version installed in the server and me - the players can not secure hostage, use VAS, weather and time switches just me. How to make the synchronization between the other players?

Server and clients are all running the same (mod) version (the last one posted in this thread, synced per custom playWithSIX repo). Could the mission be the problem? The mission is using VAS itself.

The mod version on PwS isn't updated.

You shouldn't play the MCC mission if you are running the mod. You can run the MCC template if you want to while running the mod.

Short explanation:

1. Mod version: All clients and server should run it. You'll get the "Mission Generator" option in every MP or SP mission you'll play unless disabled with the access module.

You can use the MCC template missions while running the mod which are just a bunch of player/AI slots with some gear script, parameters and F3 framework for a quickly setting a mission from scratch.

Example: You want to have some sniper's mission on the fly created and you are running the mod. You start the MCC template mission call, disable AI and call the players to fill the sniper's slots, they will spawn with the appropriate gear, markers, exc.

2. Mission version: If you don't want to bother getting all the clients to run the mod and you don't need the "Mission Generator" option in missions that are not the actual MCC mission – USE THE MISSION VERSION. Only while playing the MCC mission you'll have the "Mission Generator" option.

One way or another you shouldn't play the mod and the MCC mission.

Mod version as downloaded and run with CBA works just fine. If I try to host an MP game using the mission as downloaded from Steam Workshop, it's not working. I start with a map full of dozens of combatants fighting it out.

Honestly I prefer the mod version but I cant get my friends on board to use mods.... too much work (don't ask, I don't get that either).... so using the Work Shop file would be the preferred approach.

Help, what am I doing wrong?

Disable AI before launching the mission.

You can fill any slot from any faction you want and enable some AI from your group and side but if you'll leave all the AI enabled you'll have 180 AI fighting each other on the start location.

Mod version installed in the server and me - the players can not secure hostage, use VAS, weather and time switches just me. How to make the synchronization between the other players?

Because they are no running the mod and therefor they are calling for script that aren't there on their side. Look on my first respond – Mod version should run on all clients and server.