shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

Shay,

Thank you for this wonderful mod it is very helpful. My question to you or anyone that can answer is this; I have the access module place on the map with the name variable in the init line. Is it possible to somehow have the module pull my list of names from a file called mccadmin.txt or some other extension.

Thank you,

WO1 N. Taylor [10th CAB]

Hi Shay,

Enjoying your mod every day, Q = will it be possible for you to have an EOS or simulair integrated in MCC ?? I have been trying to go around things but I don't think it's possible at the moment - thanks and have a good time

Best Spoor

Hey Shay, I just want to say again how awesome MCC is, and that my unit relies on it completely for our operations now.

That said, I wanted to ask if there's a way to permanently change the default mission AI settings. A lot of guys that use MCC have the bad habit of forgetting to change them from 60/Rookie/40/60 before starting to spawn enemies. If it's not possible now, would there be any chance in possibly making an optional userconfig file for MCC that lets you do this for yourself?

Additionally, an issue I've noticed with trying to spawn counter-attacks:

-I create a zone and spawn a squad

-I give the squad a "full speed, aware" waypoint to the area I want attacked

-They walk as slow as possible and never get there

Lastly, another request - Can you make it so the red dot that the 3d editor creates is togglable? I use the 3d editor to watch guys when I'm making missions but they can see the little red dot on the ground, which is immersion breaking for them.

Lastly, another request - Can you make it so the red dot that the 3d editor creates is togglable? I use the 3d editor to watch guys when I'm making missions but they can see the little red dot on the ground, which is immersion breaking for them.

And Shay, if you can/do please make the 3D editor controll pop-up also togglable sothat we can use the screen for recording - thanks

Awesome work shay, just love it. Had a real blast and still today, thanks mann. ;)

Who knows, sometime later a 3D editor will be created for ArmA 3. (and maybe the mission.sqm files will be the same for the 3D editor)

Keep up the good work,

Ranwer

I think your addons make Ir laser invible to other players in mission [i've try every addons but yours make problem]

after respawned... Any known Issue?

Shay,

Thank you for this wonderful mod it is very helpful. My question to you or anyone that can answer is this; I have the access module place on the map with the name variable in the init line. Is it possible to somehow have the module pull my list of names from a file called mccadmin.txt or some other extension.

Thank you,

WO1 N. Taylor [10th CAB]

Nope not at the moment.

Hi Shay,

Enjoying your mod every day, Q = will it be possible for you to have an EOS or simulair integrated in MCC ?? I have been trying to go around things but I don't think it's possible at the moment - thanks and have a good time

Best Spoor

Do you mean group removal if no players nearby? maybe someday when I'll have the time.

Hey Shay, I just want to say again how awesome MCC is, and that my unit relies on it completely for our operations now.

That said, I wanted to ask if there's a way to permanently change the default mission AI settings. A lot of guys that use MCC have the bad habit of forgetting to change them from 60/Rookie/40/60 before starting to spawn enemies. If it's not possible now, would there be any chance in possibly making an optional userconfig file for MCC that lets you do this for yourself?

Additionally, an issue I've noticed with trying to spawn counter-attacks:

-I create a zone and spawn a squad

-I give the squad a "full speed, aware" waypoint to the area I want attacked

-They walk as slow as possible and never get there

Yes you can if you are using the mod version or the mission version you can overwrite the default values with your init file:

//Default AI skill
MCC_AI_Skill						= 0.5; 
MCC_AI_Aim							= 0.1; 
MCC_AI_Spot							= 0.3; 
MCC_AI_Command						= 0.5; 

Regarding the full speed - are you trying to do that in the group generator?

3D editor red dot fixed.

Really enjoyed this one, kept me laughing. Keep up sending error reports and request and i'll see what I can do with that:

And Shay, if you can/do please make the 3D editor controll pop-up also togglable sothat we can use the screen for recording - thanks

Yes I can and I would.

I think your addons make Ir laser invible to other players in mission [i've try every addons but yours make problem]

after respawned... Any known Issue?

My addon make an IR laser?! I didn't know that.... where and when?

Regarding the full speed - are you trying to do that in the group generator?

Yes I use the group generator to give groups waypoints. Is there another way?

Also I'm glad you saw my video. I'm going to be doing 1x/week from now on :p

Always after dead and respawned in every single mission

I check by install and uninstall all of my addons but only yours make ir laser to invisible :(

Not sure it's caused by Revived and respawn script or Arma 3's own problem

But I'm sure it's happend always when I apply MCC

It's so sad.

Correction

Before dead Every body can see their's mine everyone's IR laser YAY

I Dead -> I respawned

Can see My own laser

Every one can't see Mine (which They install addons same as me [i made package and they downloaded so it's absolutely same. which is mean they also have MCC])

Also If Others Diede and respawn, their IR's are invisible to each others and to me (but can see their's own)

Before dead : smiley face

None MCC <- MCC applied ---------Can see after they died and respawned

MCC applied <- None MCC ----------Can't see after they died and respawned

MCC applied <-> MCC applied -------Can't see after they died and respawned

Edited by kgino1045

Oh I have another question. I may be blind and not seeing it, but is the option to clear an area still in, or has it not been added back in yet? I accidentally spawned too many enemies in the video above and we had to restart the mission because I couldn't find it. I know it's under menu 4 in the ArmA 2 version, but I can't find it in the A3 version.

---------- Post added at 03:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:21 PM ----------

Update: I un-PBOd the mod, changed the default AI values in my init.sqf, then re-PBOd the mod, but the default values when I bring MCC up are still .6, .1, .6, .4 instead of .8, .2, .6, .8 like I set them in the init. Is there somewhere else for me to change these values?

Yes I use the group generator to give groups waypoints. Is there another way?

Also I'm glad you saw my video. I'm going to be doing 1x/week from now on :p

Make sure once you are using the group generator that the group aren't set to UPSMON behaviour which means anything but: BIS Default, BIS Patrol and BIS defence. As UPSMON will take over the group and give it his own WP instead.

Always after dead and respawned in every single mission

I check by install and uninstall all of my addons but only yours make ir laser to invisible :(

Not sure it's caused by Revived and respawn script or Arma 3's own problem

But I'm sure it's happend always when I apply MCC

It's so sad.

Correction

Before dead Every body can see their's mine everyone's IR laser YAY

I Dead -> I respawned

Can see My own laser

Every one can't see Mine (which They install addons same as me [i made package and they downloaded so it's absolutely same. which is mean they also have MCC])

Also If Others Diede and respawn, their IR's are invisible to each others and to me (but can see their's own)

Before dead : smiley face

None MCC <- MCC applied ---------Can see after they died and respawned

MCC applied <- None MCC ----------Can't see after they died and respawned

MCC applied <-> MCC applied -------Can't see after they died and respawned

Oh you mean the IR Laser on the gun. I don't know mate I just re-add them after the player respawn. I'll look more into it.

Oh I have another question. I may be blind and not seeing it, but is the option to clear an area still in, or has it not been added back in yet? I accidentally spawned too many enemies in the video above and we had to restart the mission because I couldn't find it. I know it's under menu 4 in the ArmA 2 version, but I can't find it in the A3 version.

---------- Post added at 03:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:21 PM ----------

Update: I un-PBOd the mod, changed the default AI values in my init.sqf, then re-PBOd the mod, but the default values when I bring MCC up are still .6, .1, .6, .4 instead of .8, .2, .6, .8 like I set them in the init. Is there somewhere else for me to change these values?

The option is there I accidently pre-mature released it to Steam but not officially. Next MCC Version ETA is tomorrow. So hold tight.

You don't need to Unpbo the mod just make your own init and it will overwrite the existing one, anyway the default stats set in the "mission settings" won't effect the gameplay if you didn't got into "mission settings" and pressed "Confirm" then the stats from "mission settings" will overwrite the one from the init file.

Tell you something, I made the AI blind as f@# since ArmA 3 AI were the badass hybrid unborn son of Chuck Norris and Queen Latifah if the AI are more reasonable now just give me the settings that you think should be default and i'll see what I can do about it.

Hi Shay,

Quote Originally Posted by Spoor View Post

Hi Shay,

Best Spoor

Do you mean group removal if no players nearby? maybe someday when I'll have the time.

... YES INDEED - thanks .....

I love this addon, but it seems to break a few things with the latest dev branch update :butbut:

Mainly, I'm no longer able to spawn infantry groups in the editor (I can place them, but they're entirely absent upon hitting "preview") and vehicle units always appear as empty even though I'm adding them from the faction specific category.

Maybe this is an intended behavior and I just missed something?

*Edit: It's happening with the stable branch as well.

Edited by Koukotsu

I love this addon, but it seems to break a few things with the latest dev branch update :butbut:

Mainly, I'm no longer able to spawn infantry groups in the editor (I can place them, but they're entirely absent upon hitting "preview") and vehicle units always appear as empty even though I'm adding them from the faction specific category.

Maybe this is an intended behavior and I just missed something?

*Edit: It's happening with the stable branch as well.

You are right, I added a function to delete any AI on player spawn if it is SP as people wanted to play it in SP and in MP there are alot of AI slots that once you get into SP start shooting at each other.

I would fix that and make sure it only happens in the mission version and not in the mod version.

I tried doing a rough search but going through 47 pages of stuff, everytime I open MCC for the first time in a session a box pops up saying "picture something something." any idea on a fix? I will update this post when I get the correct error copied/ pasted but I am away from gaming computer for a few hours.

You are right, I added a function to delete any AI on player spawn if it is SP as people wanted to play it in SP and in MP there are alot of AI slots that once you get into SP start shooting at each other.

I would fix that and make sure it only happens in the mission version and not in the mod version.

Okay, thanks for clarifying :ok:

Yes, I'm using the SP/MP Mod version, I was attempting to set up a single player High Command scenario the old fashioned way when I realized the old fashioned way just wasn't going to work as long as I have the MCC Sandbox enabled.

I'm still having a ton of fun with this addon though.

I tried doing a rough search but going through 47 pages of stuff, everytime I open MCC for the first time in a session a box pops up saying "picture something something." any idea on a fix? I will update this post when I get the correct error copied/ pasted but I am away from gaming computer for a few hours.

Yeah the BIS config file directing to a picture that isn't there. I fixed it in the new release.

Okay, thanks for clarifying :ok:

Yes, I'm using the SP/MP Mod version, I was attempting to set up a single player High Command scenario the old fashioned way when I realized the old fashioned way just wasn't going to work as long as I have the MCC Sandbox enabled.

I'm still having a ton of fun with this addon though.

Well if you into High Command you really should look forward for the next update.

You are right, I added a function to delete any AI on player spawn if it is SP as people wanted to play it in SP and in MP there are a lot of AI slots that once you get into SP start shooting at each other.

So you will fix this in the next update? Or did you already fix it in the MOD version? Just to clarify. Because I am also having this problem and any single player missions that I try to play have no AI in them at all right now. So the missions usually complete immediately and I cannot play them. Thanks for this mod by the way, it is amazing!!!

I can get it to run but i am unable to link my uav terminals and every time i take a uav apart it crashes my game. When I am in the mcc console when i try to garrison building that can hold a lot of people it only puts 1 or 2 guys in it. If i could get some help with this please i would very much appreciate it. Its an awesome mod and it will make mission creation much easier for me and i would love for it to work.

Hello again.

Finally MCC r11 is here

Check it out:

Change log r11 - Beta:

- Added: MCC will read user made addons groups.

- Added: Virtual Ammobox System (VAS) - under 3D presets - Big thanks to Tonic for this great tool.

- Added: Rearenged the objects drop down menu to fit the BIS editor menu (military, constructions, tents exc...)

- Added: You can now spawn animals.

- Added: Fixed wing CAS (Bombing-run, LGB, JDAM)

- Added: Preset: Pickable item - Items put through 3D editor can be picked. Once the item picked a hint regarding the unit that picked the object will be broadcast globaly

and a variable named (MCC_pickItem), will turn "true".

- Added: Delete Brush

- Added: New units and vehicles to convoy's HVT

- Added: Dynamic Object Compositions (D.O.C) presets (FOB, sites, exc...) If you have some nice template send them over and i'll add them to MCC.

- Reworked the MCC Tactical Commander Console:

- Get a new High Commander experiance with detailed information about the group under your control:

- Group Type

- Group Commander.

- Group size.

- Vehicles in possession of the group

- Group Behaviour.

- Group's color change to indicate a group in combat.

- See all other groups waypoints and markers.

- Take control of any AI groups from the same side as you (can be changed in mission settings or init file).

- Drag and drop selecting tool frame for easy selecting multiple groups or hold Ctrl and selectively pick one by one.

- Use Ctrl + number to create cluster group's shortcut button and press on the number key buttonto select the cluster again - just like old RTS.

- Easily double click on map waypoint creation.

- Create custom waypoints that usually don't work in default HC like - get in vehicle, join, troops unload exc.

- Plan your attack with other players controled groups. The players will only see the waypoints assigned to them by the commander(can be turned off from init or mission settings).

- Mark all friendly groups in map.

- Ruler kit: Get precise artillery fire missions with this as you can measure the distance and direction to the enemies.

- Take control of any other group's leaders helmet or vehicle cameras (support N/V and thermal).

- Take control on any UAV or UGV from your side either with the remote control (control hight, camera, turret and add WP to move around) or actually handle it (BIS Style).

- Removed the virtual UAV since you can now have real ones.

- Fixed: MCC deleting all 2D editor units on mod version.

- Fixed: Waypoints functionality as described above will work for Group Gen also.

- Fixed: Sync time and weather reworked - will only run on JIP players without changing and reseting time and weather for all - should fix the time diffrent between players.

- Fixed: Error synchronizing tasks and markers for JIP.

- Fixed: Multiple Hostage rescue action.

- Fixed: WP cinametic wasn't working on mod version.

- Fixed: Red dot indecator in 3D editor is now local.

- Fixed: Artillery fire mission sounds missing in mod version.

- Fixed: Helmet cams in SF module sometimes didn't start.

- Fixed: MCC will now spawn UAV and UGV correctly and controllable.

- Fixed: Remove the "no picture heal found" error - gave up waiting for BIS.

- Fixed: Console Artillery stopped working for some reason.

- Fixed: Dead artillery who is connected to the Console Artillery will not be counted as available artillery piece.

- Fixed: Error while trying to create a brush for the first time.

You can find the PDF manual here (or inside the installation folder):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iq4a2whtf4slwrh/manual-mmc.pdf

Download Link - MP Mission version - Stratis:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vk1makz2q2vnfpn/mcc_sandbox.Stratis.pbo

Download Link - MP Mission version - Altis:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d25xly1ln63dgd6/mcc_sandbox.altis.pbo

Download Link - MP/SP Mod version:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cbpinx8knu5fw42/%40mcc_sandbox.rar

Those changes sound pretty nice. Can't wait to give them a try.

Just one thing.

Please remove that stupid static effect that you added last version, before the interace appears. Its fine for the MCC-console, but the main interface shouldn't have it.

It adds an unnecessary delay that can get really annoying when you quickly have to make changes in the middle of a battle.

Thank you for the incredible work. :)

Thanks again for sending us the updated version :cool:

Updated release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

PS: missions and mod combined in one 7z archive

=================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Thanks for the up-date GREAT stuff Shay :yay: