shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

How can i initialize an .sqf file thats not included in MCC console? Im trying to run the ammo crate filler script on an empty HEMMIT in the 3d editor but it will not run. It just gives me an error.

Paste the code you want to execute in the init in the 3D editor. Replace any "this" with "_this" and press apply then place the item using space bar.

duuuude ive been scratching my head over that sheeeiit for days

Did you change something in the description also, the old way of calling VAS up is giving me an error saying cfgfunctions.hpp is already called up. So the fix is to use #include "VAS\cfgfunctions.hpp" without all the other stuff, i seem to get the same error tho. I'll work on it again tomorrow and see if I can fix it.

Edited by deethree

I know it might be a noobish question and probably answer multiple time before but, I'm trying to figure out how to port what i have done in the 3d editor, witch is an awesome by the way, to the arma 3 editor. Can someone help me please?

ps: sorry if there english type error, i'm fro quebec so i speak french!

I know it might be a noobish question and probably answer multiple time before but, I'm trying to figure out how to port what i have done in the 3d editor, witch is an awesome by the way, to the arma 3 editor. Can someone help me please?

ps: sorry if there english type error, i'm fro quebec so i speak french!

You can make your mission in 2D editor and then load the predefined items you placed using MCC.

But you can't convert the MCC save mission output to sqm file.

You can however load it as an sqf file (if you are using MCC as a mode) just copy all the text MCC save function create (you can just press copy to clipbpard and paste it)

Create a init.sqf file or a trigger in game and put the text in it:

_string = "bla bla bla ... all the text MCC saved to clipboard go here";
_command = 'mcc_isloading=true;' + _string + 'mcc_isloading=false;'; 
[] spawn compile _command;

I usually create snippet of code for special tasks as creating FOB for example and integrate it with BIS 2D editor mission. I just put the code in the init file.

But don't forget you need to have MCC runing on the clients and server or the ArmA engine won't know what to do with it.

You have to think on MCC as expension to the 2D editor and a way to control mission on the fly

Edited by shay_gman

You can make your mission in 2D editor and then load the predefined items you placed using MCC.

But you can't convert the MCC save mission output to sqm file.

You can however load it as an sqf file (if you are using MCC as a mode) just copy all the text MCC save function create (you can just press copy to clipbpard and paste it)

Create a init.sqf file or a trigger in game and put the text in it:

_string = "bla bla bla ... all the text MCC saved to clipboard go here";
_command = 'mcc_isloading=true;' + _string + 'mcc_isloading=false;'; 
[] spawn compile _command;

I usually create snippet of code for special tasks as creating FOB for example and integrate it with BIS 2D editor mission. I just put the code in the init file.

But don't forget you need to have MCC runing on the clients and server or the ArmA engine won't know what to do with it.

You have to think on MCC as expension to the 2D editor and a way to control mission on the fly

Is there a way to track where and what we placed using MCC, then export that data in any form usable for importing into missions? Not necessarily into the 2D editor, but simply into the mission itself.

Is there a way to track where and what we placed using MCC, then export that data in any form usable for importing into missions? Not necessarily into the 2D editor, but simply into the mission itself.

It's not that it's not possible, it's very possible, but it's a huge project to do something like this.

It's not that it's not possible, it's very possible, but it's a huge project to do something like this.

I see. So likely out of scope for this project. Makes sense now. :)

It is not such a huge project to do it but I find it not on my to do list for some reasons:

1. BIS did promised (As I remember) a built in 3D editor.

2. Even if i'll add the option to export the 3D editor output to an sqm format it still need the MCC engine to use the other functions. If you want a CAS or an IED or any thing else you'll need the MCC engine. So it will be very limited.

At the beginning of that project I looked on MCC just as a mission editor to build mission on the fly now I look on it as an expansion to the editor and a console to help the mission maker overcome unexpected behavior (both from the player and the AI) that usually happened in a big sandbox, non-linear game like ArmA.

That is why I provide all the API to build a mission using all the MCC assets from the 2D editor and this is why I added the MCC function to BIS function library viewer with explanation.

It is possible to create every thing MCC does in the 2D editor by calling functions MCC use.

Although building the mission on the actual MCC and not calling for functions from the 2D may by more useful while playing on dedicated server as any one can load his mission to all players without the need to bring the server down and upload the mission to the server.

Hello, first I apologize for my English writing.

I have a problem .. when creating groups with certain addons (spetnaz Russian, African rebels) do not see the option, create groups.

¿Is there any way to fix it??

Photos.

o67w.jpg

a9jx.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7763208/arma3%202013-09-16%2018-42-06-031.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7763208/arma3%202013-09-16%2018-41-52-365.jpg

Thanks for your effort. I've done as edit much simpler.

Edited by Trevanian

Shay_gman - thanks for MCC, I've been using it since Arma2 :)

However, I cannot get Artillery working in MCC 3? I decompiled the PBO and took a look in bon_artillery, but can't locate why nothing happens when I press 'Execute'. I followed the precise instructions (and used it successfully before in Arma2). Has it broken? I tried numerous Artillery round types, but nothing happened. When I press 'cancel', it quits fine.

Is anyone else having problems with Artillery?

Quick note - You don't need to bring the server down to upload new missions - As soon as you re-load the mission list (for example, if you select any mission and then type #missions again as an admin), any newly uploaded missions will be visible. You do need to bring the server down to delete old missions, though, and of course you require someone with access to the server, so there is still advantage in saving the mission in text format.

Anyway, at least for me, MCC is for making missions quickly for those who want a new mission every day, which is simply impossible to keep doing with the normal editor (if you care about quality at all). Randomized self-building missions are nice but much more difficult to create (though I did make one in the alpha and it was working until UPSMON broke and I never got back to it since) and I prefer to focus on improving my PvP missions nowadays since I mostly play PvP. In any case, saving your mission for long-term has little benefit when people play it once or twice and forget about it.

Hello shay. When spawning groups/units could you add an option of manned rotary & fixed-winged aircraft to spawn as flying and be able to set the height? I wanted to spawn a jet for CAP but could only spawn them on the ground.

Hey

I hope you get to read this since i been looking for help in the forums and i dont find a right answere.

I have Mcc for Arma 3/

This are my problems.

Whenever i try to set a Run or Long Ron or even a S Y D , the choppers wont shot at the ennemies , i did made sure that the enemmies where from the ennemmy team and the choppers from nato.

Also whenever i use te mc console to see a Uav Drone nor Ac 1 30 the camera is just black i cant see what the uav or ac 130 are looking at?

Can you help me fix this.

Thanks.

C.Romero

Shay_gman, first of all thanks for the help you provided a while back earlier in the thread. I have another question, would it be possible to create a helicopter in the 2d editor that can be added into the EVAC list in the MCC console? If it's possible what should I put in the init line of the heli?

Thanks alot for this mod.

Your MOD is perfect~~~~ It helps me to attack hard enemy AIs.

But I found that sometimes it didn't show up the menu and some time it did.

Is it the ARMA3 bug?? (I also use CBA.)

One more question, how can I create an AI team(or an unit) which can auto respawn again while this team(or a unit) die?

I want them to protect my base forever. Even if they are all killed by enemy, they can auto respawn and fight again~~

Love the MOD!

First thing is When Daisy chaining IEDs together, does there have to be someone or thing in proximity of the IED or is there a way to make them detonate in accordance of how they are chained?

example; 1 detonates 2, 2 detonates 3....... ect.

Secondly can you add a halt button into MCC generator so they game master can halt the convoy? Also a possibility to add more than 4 way points?

I simply cannot login to this editor, nothing happens no matter how many times I click it, have re-dl'd it a dozen times, works not on my server or locally, it gives no error either. Spams my RPT logs with can't find .wav's of a myriad of kinds and is generally just not functioning, access denied to everything, this is the mod version, have not bothered with the missions version, yet.

Mod doesn't work, mission does, which then makes the mod work, ironically, but only when both are running at the same time, pity that. I used to use a mix of VTS and MCC to make some killer dynamic missions.

Edited by Kevaskous

Anyone know how I can implement this as a script in my mission (non mod/addon) that would allow the group leader (noone else) to be able to Teleport an AI group member?

I don't want any other features included in the mission, just the ability for the group leader player (in coop mp) to be able to select ONLY an AI group member (not another human player) and have that AI teleported (to leader's position).

I'm using the respawn module in A3 and sometimes the ai will respawn very far away (takes way too long for them to get back to our position) and so it would be nice to use this as a script to allow the player to retrieve the ai's back into action.

Edited by BigShot

Help!

I can't connect to UAV or UGV that I spawn them by 3d editor

even I set empty to no I can't still connect and control them

what should I do D:

Help!

I can't connect to UAV or UGV that I spawn them by 3d editor

even I set empty to no I can't still connect and control them

what should I do D:

Hey you have to spawn the uav's as empty. Then at the bottom there's a drop down with different options, you then need to select add crew (uav) or something to that effect. Then apply and spawn.

shay_gman, can MCC support something like this in the 3D editor? Right now there is no way to select EMPTY in the 3D Editor as the first choice and therefore I don't think any of these show up anywhere. Would be nice though.

I've been on long vacation so it is going to be a long post.

I'll start by saying that there was and still is a big update that should have been released before I went to vacation. So it will be comming soon.

Hello, first I apologize for my English writing.

I have a problem .. when creating groups with certain addons (spetnaz Russian, African rebels) do not see the option, create groups.

¿Is there any way to fix it??

Thanks for your effort. I've done as edit much simpler.

Yes it fixed in the new release... hold tight.

Shay_gman - thanks for MCC, I've been using it since Arma2 :)

However, I cannot get Artillery working in MCC 3? I decompiled the PBO and took a look in bon_artillery, but can't locate why nothing happens when I press 'Execute'. I followed the precise instructions (and used it successfully before in Arma2). Has it broken? I tried numerous Artillery round types, but nothing happened. When I press 'cancel', it quits fine.

Is anyone else having problems with Artillery?

There was an error there I reworked it and the entire MCC Commander Console so as above... hold tight. :)

Hello shay. When spawning groups/units could you add an option of manned rotary & fixed-winged aircraft to spawn as flying and be able to set the height? I wanted to spawn a jet for CAP but could only spawn them on the ground.

If you choose to spawn a non empty air vehicle it will be spawned flying... I don't see what is the problem. For CAS/CAP i'll recommend adding the CAS preset (by pressing Add button) to the MCC Commander Conosle and let the players decide when and how to call the CAS.

Hey

I hope you get to read this since i been looking for help in the forums and i dont find a right answere.

I have Mcc for Arma 3/

This are my problems.

Whenever i try to set a Run or Long Ron or even a S Y D , the choppers wont shot at the ennemies , i did made sure that the enemmies where from the ennemmy team and the choppers from nato.

Also whenever i use te mc console to see a Uav Drone nor Ac 1 30 the camera is just black i cant see what the uav or ac 130 are looking at?

Can you help me fix this.

Thanks.

C.Romero

You first need to spawn a virtual UAV/AC-130 with the MCC itself then connect to the MCC Commander Conosle. About CAS: S&D should always work as it just adding a S&D waypoint. Please PM me with the MCC save file (attach it to trigger or something).

Shay_gman, first of all thanks for the help you provided a while back earlier in the thread. I have another question, would it be possible to create a helicopter in the 2d editor that can be added into the EVAC list in the MCC console? If it's possible what should I put in the init line of the heli?

Thanks alot for this mod.

Yes,

I made a lot of effort in adding all the MCC functions and their explanation to the function library – open Debug (menu2)  functions  MCC functions (if you are using the mission version switch to mission files).

The idea is to let player use MCC as a framework for building pre made missions in 2D and having the in game control.

If some functions are missing let me know.

//===================================================================MCC_fnc_evacSpawn======================================================================================

// Spawn a vehicle with crew and gunners, mark it as an evac vehicle

// Example:[[vehicleClass, position],"MCC_fnc_evacSpawn",true,false] call BIS_fnc_MP;

// Params:

// vehicleClass: string, vehicleClass to spawn

// position: array, spawn position

//==============================================================================================================================================================================

Your MOD is perfect~~~~ It helps me to attack hard enemy AIs.

But I found that sometimes it didn't show up the menu and some time it did.

Is it the ARMA3 bug?? (I also use CBA.)

One more question, how can I create an AI team(or an unit) which can auto respawn again while this team(or a unit) die?

I want them to protect my base forever. Even if they are all killed by enemy, they can auto respawn and fight again~~

I don't know why sometimes you have and sometimes not – I guess you are using the mod, I would like to know what other mod are running and is it local server or dedicated.

We used to have the respawn group option in MCC for ArmA2 and it will be back for ArmA 3.

Love the MOD!

First thing is When Daisy chaining IEDs together, does there have to be someone or thing in proximity of the IED or is there a way to make them detonate in accordance of how they are chained?

example; 1 detonates 2, 2 detonates 3....... ect.

Secondly can you add a halt button into MCC generator so they game master can halt the convoy? Also a possibility to add more than 4 way points?

Just hold shift click on the IED/ambush group/Spotter you want it to react and drag a line to another IED or ambush group that is the trigger. You can chain ied2, 3 and 4 to ied1 and then 2,3 and 4 will explode just after 1 is explode. Or you can chain 4 to 3, 3 to 2, and 2 to 1 and they will explode one after the other when 1 explode.

If you want to put an ambush group make sure when you place the group to click, hold and drag a invisible line to the point you want them facing and all along the point you want them to run to after the IED triggered.

I usually place an ambush group and drag the line up to the IED location and then sync it to get an ambush effect after the IED gone off. I usually put disabling IED as I do want to stop the player's vehicle but not killing them.

I see what I can do about halting the convoy. About more than 4 WP: you can always add more with the reset WP button.

I simply cannot login to this editor, nothing happens no matter how many times I click it, have re-dl'd it a dozen times, works not on my server or locally, it gives no error either. Spams my RPT logs with can't find .wav's of a myriad of kinds and is generally just not functioning, access denied to everything, this is the mod version, have not bothered with the missions version, yet.

Mod doesn't work, mission does, which then makes the mod work, ironically, but only when both are running at the same time, pity that. I used to use a mix of VTS and MCC to make some killer dynamic missions.

I'll look at the mod issue.

shay_gman, can MCC support something like this in the 3D editor? Right now there is no way to select EMPTY in the 3D Editor as the first choice and therefore I don't think any of these show up anywhere. Would be nice though.

It always was there in MCC – all the items are under structures in the 3D editor. In the upcoming version I organized it a little more logically.

I simply cannot login to this editor, nothing happens no matter how many times I click it, have re-dl'd it a dozen times, works not on my server or locally, it gives no error either. Spams my RPT logs with can't find .wav's of a myriad of kinds and is generally just not functioning, access denied to everything

Same for me, I can do what I want. Access denied for everythings. I am nearly raping the Login button but there simply happens nothings.

The manual is just saying that I have to log in in order to get access.

You need to login as admin if using it in MP, also - CBA A3 is required both on client/server. If you have already done this then maybe try creating a zone first?

Dirty Haz