shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

Further testing of the ac130 and reaper, I noticed that I was able to use them once each at whatever marked destination. Then I tried to relocate them to different locations and they stay locked at the 1st marker. I tried several times to mark different spots and still stayed at the 1st spot. The only good thing was atleast I still had video feed for both and used them as useful intel for alternate missions that i created just to use them as UAVs. So it wasn't all that bad but it would be nice to relocate them for extended usage on the same mission. Also Shay you mentioned that SF are able to use wetsuits. how do I alternate between uniforms and wetsuits? Is there halo jumps available for SF?

Phonix mate,

You should use Play with Six for Arma 3. I hope Sickboy will find the time to update the mod there as it is not up to date. But if you are using the mod from play with six you are using the mod version. If you took the pbo from the mission version and put it into MP missions in ArmA 3 main root then you are playing the mission version.

Do not play them together , like running the mod and launching the mission.

MCC should run on the server and on the clients, in fact MCC built that way that everything is done by the server and the client is just asking the server to do stuff. If you are runing the mod and the server isn't you won't be able even to log in because the client is talking to no one.

Regarding your questions:

1. MCC 3 will not just be a copy of MCC 2, I rewriting everything to make it more advanced and stable then MCC 2. As for where this is going: MCC will stay a real time editor/GM kind of game for ArmA 3, regard of what features it will hold that depends on the community and wildest wishes and ideas. Nevertheless all ideas should fit the general idea of the mod.

2. You can join other people servers if they are not password protected, or if you have the code and you are not running un-allowed addons.

3. You got me laughing here… You can't get global ban from ArmA (well maybe from the forums) only from specific server. Most normal server will kick you for running un-allowed addons rather than ban you. But then again, I'm not suggesting joining public server especially with MCC.

Word of advice mate, the best way to enjoy ArmA is joining a clan that suit your kind of game and playing on private servers.

Hello,

a great concept!

I do have a question, though. does the mod work well with dev-branch? Im asking because Ive noticed you utilize upsmon, which has been the source of many error messages in recent dev updates to the point I reverted to the stable branch.

: FTW_PHOENIX;2443280 I've been launching the game thru six updater. I think i have been updating everything since it says revision 13, but since I'm new to PC's I have no idea if I'm doing anything right.

I note that Play with Six has two versions of mcc available

1. @mcc_sandbox_a3 v0.3 RC (r7)(which I am using)

and

2. @mcc_sandbox v11 (r13)

Note that the 1st one has A3 in the title.

I have found that the 2nd one appears as an available mod when I am running All In Arma.. so... Phoenix - I think you might be running the Arma 2 version

I note that Play with Six has two versions of mcc available

1. @mcc_sandbox_a3 v0.3 RC (r7)(which I am using)

and

2. @mcc_sandbox v11 (r13)

Note that the 1st one has A3 in the title.

I have found that the 2nd one appears as an available mod when I am running All In Arma.. so... Phoenix - I think you might be running the Arma 2 version

I see what you are mentioning about the two different mods. The mcc v13 is slotted with the vanilla arma 3 and the mcc a3 r7 is slotted under dynamics. When I launch the mcc a3 r7 mod, the game launches but without the mod. When I launch the vanilla a3 with the r13 mod, it works with the current mod with unit management video feed and ac130/reaper vid feed. I think I did something wrong because I loaded the PBO mod from armaholic in the a3 folders, but I don't think i did it right. If I loaded the PBO file, should I be launching through steam or is ok to launch through six updater/ play with six? Also can somebody help me or direct me to a thread on how to properly load the mcc/ cba mods? I'm new to PCs and I could use any help I can get. Maybe this can solve all the problems I've been having which includes not being able to use mcc in other servers nor my friends being able to join mine. Even though I'm enjoying playing in singleplayer, I would aslo like to be able to play with friends on MP. I greatly would appreciate if someone can help. PLEASE!!!!

I am using play with six as the launcher. Once installed you can search within the ui for the various mods you want and it will load them up for you without having to set any launch properties or worrying about install paths.

That said six has not been updated with the latest mcc so it is not ideal.

I have tried the manual setup but with multiple mods to manage it all got too hard.

If you include @cba_a3 and @mcc_sandbox_a3 version 7, you should beable to access the mcc editor in any mp game that you host.

Edited by Dogdoor

I am using play with six as the launcher. Once installed you can search within the ui for the various mods you want and it will load them up for you without having to set any launch properties or worrying about install paths.

That said six has not been updated with the latest mcc so it is not ideal.

I have tried the manual setup but with multiple mods to manage it all got too hard.

If you include @cba_a3 and @mcc_sandbox_a3 version 7, you should beable to access the mcc editor in any mp game that you host.

I went ahead and uninstalled the mcc mod and reinstalled with a freshly downloaded mod version from the 1st page and I noticed on the bottom it said mcc sandbox a3 v0.7, so I'm assuming that I have the updated version. I also installed cba a3 and everything seems to work fine except that my friend's still cannot join my sever. when I join theirs, I sync up and I can open the mission generator but I cannot log in. I just do not get it. When I'm on my server, everything seems to work except ac130 and reaper are only allowed to be used once. I tried relocating to a new location and niether would move. they would stay on the 1st spot. I am very excited about the mod but I feel frustrated because I want my friends to join in the fun. Is anybody else having this same problems that I mentioned?

EDIT.... A friend of mine who knows a bit about computers helped with installing the mod correctly and it seems to be running smoothly. He also told me that if anybody wants to join my server, they also need to have mcc a3 and cba a3 installed as well. He also told me that if I'm going to join a public server, they need to be running the mcc mod as well. Can somebody please confirm this because it would solve one of the problems that I'm having. OK... That leaves the ac130/reaper issue. It still does not want to relocate to a new location. Being the noob that i am, I'm just wondering, am I doing something wrong or is this a bug that needs to be fixed. Once again I appreciate everyone's patience and speedy replies.

Edited by FTW_PHOENIX

You must be on the same version of ARMA 3 and be running the same mods (same mod versions) as the host to be able to enter multiplayer .

You must be on the same version of ARMA 3 and be running the same mods (same mod versions) as the host to be able to enter multiplayer .

Thanks for the info. Good to know.

Shay,

Here's the error codes that keeps popping up on the 3d editor...

This error code would pop up when I would try to spawn something on the 3d editor...

'...select 8;

if ( ( (isServer) && ( ( (_loc |#|== 0) || ( (MCC_isLoc...'

Error Generic error in expression

File mcc_sandbox_mod\mcc\pop_menu\simple_spawn.sqf, line 12

This error code pops up on the mission maker screen either before or after using the 3d editor. (when this error code pops up, the server/ headless client spot in the zone marking area is empty)

'...rSel 1023));

mcc_hc = (MCC_ZoneLocation |#|select (1bCurse1 1026)) select 1;

mcc_zo...

Error Zone divisor

File mcc_mod\mcc\pop_menu\zones.sqf, line 13

On the second error code, 1bCurse1 is not correct. On the error code they look like 1's but without the bottom horizontal line. I couldn't find it on the keyboard so I used 1's because they closely resemble them. I hope you can figure out what they are.

EDIT...1Curse1 is the only part that I could not find the symbol. The rest of the 1's on the error code are 1's.

On the first error code, nothing spawns when the error code pops up.

The second error code usually pops up after using the 3d editor a few times then it will pop up on the the main mission making screen. When the error pops up, everything else seems to work except the 3d editor.

Edited by FTW_PHOENIX

I seem to be having an interesting issue with MCC Mod and MCC Console when adding/using Atrillery.

I have read the manual and watch some youtube videos, followed the instructions and yet I seem to only be able to use artillery 1 time from a specific artillery unit.

In Sandbox I "add" the artillery types and amount, in this case the DPICM 5 rounds Precise.

Then in the 3D editor I add 3 Mortar units making sure to add the forward observation to each.

I open MCC CONSOLE go to F4. I can see the 3 "Canon" units as they are called in Console.

At the top of the screen I see that i can have 20 rounds per hour, although i cannot for the life of me find where to change that in the Arma 3 version of Sandbox.

I give the 1'st one a fire mission. I see it go off (no radio call sounds though on my Sandbox)

When O go back into MCC Console to the artillery tab, that canon is now RED and will not take further orders.

I can continue to add more and more morars and continue but if i delete a mortar and add a different one it just back fills the RED ones. So come the end of the mission i have umteen dozen mortars in the list that you have to scroll down.

Summary: Suggestions or recommendations For:

- canons only firing once then turing RED in the MCC Console list

- Change the number of rounds allowed per hour

- radio sounds for artillery calls in MCC Console.

Thank you.

Graywolf... It seems I did everything the same as you, but it's kinda working for me. I'll take you step by step the way I did it. I open the mission making module and go to the 3d editor. There I spawned 3 arty's with forward observe to each. Then went to page 2 to the arty section and picked HE shells, precise, and 20 shells then I hit add. When I am on the console and I want to use all the mortars at the same time, first I place my current position and my direction /distance. Then I pick the type of shell I want to use. then I click on cannon 1 then hit confirm. click on cannon 2 and confirm. Repeat with the rest of the cannons.Then when I have confirmed all my cannons then I hit execute. To add more shells, I just go to page 2 on the mission maker unit and on the artillery section there is type, spread, and #. Go to # and choose the amount of shells I want then hit add. It's been working for me.

As for the cannons going red after the first use, I don't know what that is. I've been able change direction/distance and shell type continuously. Also cannon 1, 2, 3(since I'm only using 3 at the moment) stay white after the first use and even when I run out of shells.

I am also having problems with the sounds and other issues...

1) There is no radio sound

2) There is no sound when the mortars are shot

3) There is no splash at target (I'll get one splash per every 10 to 12 fired)

Edited by FTW_PHOENIX

Shay... I was poking around in other forums of mods that I'm currently using and was going through CBA A3's forum, I noticed they are having issues with their mod. They mentioned only being able to do certain tasks once and could not use again (ac130/reaper issue I am having, hmm) and the doubling up of spawned units or objects (they do not mention which mods they were having problems with) which I'm experiencing on the 3d editor. I'm just bringing this up because CBA might be the cause of many problems we're experiencing. You might want to look into it. And as always, I thank you for the wonderful work you're doing with this mod. Even with all the bugs and other issues its having, I'm still enjoying myself whipping up quick missions on the fly and allowing me to be more creative.

EDIT...Here's the link to CBA A3 forum. http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?147535-CBA-Community-Base-Addons-ARMA-3-Alpha/page14

Edited by FTW_PHOENIX

Phonix.

MCC isn't using CBA as for the the Beta update only in the mod version and only for the premission event handler - means it only use CBA to be able to have the "mission generator" in any mission.

I've tested MCC on dedicated server last night with some players and I didn't have any of the errors you describe, so please provide more info on when and how you get this errors.

Graywolf... It seems I did everything the same as you, but it's kinda working for me. I'll take you step by step the way I did it. I open the mission making module and go to the 3d editor. There I spawned 3 arty's with forward observe to each. Then went to page 2 to the arty section and picked HE shells, precise, and 20 shells then I hit add. When I am on the console and I want to use all the mortars at the same time, first I place my current position and my direction /distance. Then I pick the type of shell I want to use. then I click on cannon 1 then hit confirm. click on cannon 2 and confirm. Repeat with the rest of the cannons.Then when I have confirmed all my cannons then I hit execute. To add more shells, I just go to page 2 on the mission maker unit and on the artillery section there is type, spread, and #. Go to # and choose the amount of shells I want then hit add. It's been working for me.

As for the cannons going red after the first use, I don't know what that is. I've been able change direction/distance and shell type continuously. Also cannon 1, 2, 3(since I'm only using 3 at the moment) stay white after the first use and even when I run out of shells.

I am also having problems with the sounds and other issues...

1) There is no radio sound

2) There is no sound when the mortars are shot

3) There is no splash at target (I'll get one splash per every 10 to 12 fired)

Thanks FTW_PHOENIX for responding.

The way you mentioned how you set up and use Artillery is exactly the way I do as well.

Tried again On Saturday evening .. same thing. can't figure it out. I am using the MOD version without any other add-ons except CBA active, which I always have on.

Wonder if Shay might have a suggestion.

I seem to be having an interesting issue with MCC Mod and MCC Console when adding/using Atrillery.

I have read the manual and watch some youtube videos, followed the instructions and yet I seem to only be able to use artillery 1 time from a specific artillery unit.

In Sandbox I "add" the artillery types and amount, in this case the DPICM 5 rounds Precise.

Then in the 3D editor I add 3 Mortar units making sure to add the forward observation to each.

I open MCC CONSOLE go to F4. I can see the 3 "Canon" units as they are called in Console.

At the top of the screen I see that i can have 20 rounds per hour, although i cannot for the life of me find where to change that in the Arma 3 version of Sandbox.

I give the 1'st one a fire mission. I see it go off (no radio call sounds though on my Sandbox)

When O go back into MCC Console to the artillery tab, that canon is now RED and will not take further orders.

I can continue to add more and more morars and continue but if i delete a mortar and add a different one it just back fills the RED ones. So come the end of the mission i have umteen dozen mortars in the list that you have to scroll down.

Summary: Suggestions or recommendations For:

- canons only firing once then turing RED in the MCC Console list

- Change the number of rounds allowed per hour

- radio sounds for artillery calls in MCC Console.

Thank you.

Phonix.

MCC isn't using CBA as for the the Beta update only in the mod version and only for the premission event handler - means it only use CBA to be able to have the "mission generator" in any mission.

I've tested MCC on dedicated server last night with some players and I didn't have any of the errors you describe, so please provide more info on when and how you get this errors.

Shay... I only know that the errors pop up after I spawn either IEDs or anything on the 3d editor, but after spawning a few times. It happens more when I spawn IEDs. That's when I'm not able to spawn anything. I figured how to correct the problem. When I hit X in the 3d editor, at the bottom there is the spawn section(server/headless client) that is empty when the error occurs. I just click on server and it's working again and will not have problems until I end the mission and restart again. The only thing I did is download the mod from armaholic and placed the @mcc folder and the PBO file in the arma 3 folder (not the mp missions folder. MCC would not work for some reason) and also CBA. So I'm wondering if this is an error on my end or is a bug that needs to be fixed.Please let me know because if it is on my end, I would like to fix this.

EDIT... Shay, should I be using the mods that you have on page 1 from dropbox or is it ok to use the one from armaholic? I just was thinking that maybe the armaholic version might not be updated.

EDIT...I took out all mcc folders and pbo files and downloaded your mod version from page 1 and placed it in the mp missions folder and did not to work. So I placed the pbo file from armaholic in the mp missions also and I was able to get the coop mcc sandbox mission. I started a mission to test and everything seems to be working. I guess I had the files and folders in the wrong place the whole time. It took some trial and error to figure it out. I'll still will do some more testing to make sure I'm not having anymore problems.

Edited by FTW_PHOENIX

Shay... I was wondering if you put any thought into implementing a town generator because it took me about 30 min to build a small town and it would be nice to click a button and presto... A town in a few seconds.

EDIT...Also when I spawn paratroopers in a marked zone, the chopper will fly in but then explode and then arma would crash. I did it several times and still would crash the game.

Edited by FTW_PHOENIX

Is this only meant for dedicated servers or can it be used on non dedicated servers: We are new to misson making/designing and we obviously dont have a dedicated server, so basically what I personally need to know is it safe on a non dedicated server, or will we have to download and install it, and test in on our server. Will it work with the Beta and will it be updates when BI puts in more units and makes changes once it has be released.

Should be perfectly fine to use on a hosted servers.

As for the town generator, that would require porting the script from the modules in OA, which might be difficult to do (BIS scripts aren't always easy to work with).

As for the town generator, that would require porting the script from the modules in OA, which might be difficult to do (BIS scripts aren't always easy to work with).

Thanks for the reply. I understand it would be difficult to do all the necessary scripting to add a town generator. It was wishful thinking to be able to build a town or base/ F.O.B. within seconds so I could get into the action of the mission, especially during a MP mission when I have a full lobby waiting on me to finish up.

Edited by FTW_PHOENIX

It's not like the town generator was any good on terrain that isn't totally flat. Especially when it comes to AI path finding - They simply could not get into a lot of buildings if they weren't placed on 100% flat terrain. This can actually be seen on some Takistan buildings too. BIS's tricks to add objects to compensate for non-flat terrain works for players (though even then sometimes they just didn't get it placed correctly), but AI path finding still won't work there.

It's not like the town generator was any good on terrain that isn't totally flat. Especially when it comes to AI path finding - They simply could not get into a lot of buildings if they weren't placed on 100% flat terrain. This can actually be seen on some Takistan buildings too. BIS's tricks to add objects to compensate for non-flat terrain works for players (though even then sometimes they just didn't get it placed correctly), but AI path finding still won't work there.

Thanks for the explanation. I did not use the arma 2 version but I saw youtube vids where they were using TG and it looked great. Now I know the complexity it takes to implement TG and that it's not worth it. Once again it was wishful thinking.

How about a [CLEAR] button to clean up some mistakes or clear a section of a mission?

Edited by FTW_PHOENIX

Hello

With newly released patch i get mcc script error as flw:

File mcc_sandbox_mod\mcc\dialogs\mcc_gui_init1.sqf, line 230

Error in expression <021, format["%1",MCC_clientFPS]];

if !(mcc_fps_running) then

{

[[1],"MCC_fnc_F>

Error position: <mcc_fps_running) then

{

[[1],"MCC_fnc_F>

Error Undefined variable in expression: mcc_fps_running

Can anybody give me some advise. Everything was going great with mcc so I decided to add an addon to implement with my missions( it's the GPS addon from armaholic which relocates the GPS to the top right). I don't know if it's coincidence, but all of a sudden error codes pop up everywhere. Anything I do that involves the mcc module pops up an error. There were so many different errors that it would take too long to post. I removed the GPS mod and still got errors. I uninstalled/reinstalled freshly downloaded mcc mods and still got errors. I even went as far as to uninstall/reinstall ARMA 3 and reinstall mcc mod and still got errors. I remove mmc mod and arma is running fine. Is anyone also going through the same problems? PLEASE can someone give me advise to correct this, or at least guide me in the direction I need to go?

Edited by FTW_PHOENIX

Patience must be the word here - the latest patch from BIS made a mess of most scripts - im sure we will see fixes when modders have time.