shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

Could you please update this on Six updater?

It is currently:

Version: v0.3 RC6

Revision: 7

Dependencies: @CBA_A3

Size: 11.18 MB (download size: 7.10 MB )

Updated: Sat, 22 Jun 2013 09:02:23 +0000

Thanks!

trying to make a weapon box with glasses/goggles doesn't work, an error comes up and when I spawn the box theres nothing in it, also it doesn't even show in the right side of the menu the glasses/goggle being put it. and one more suggestion is there a way you can make it to where we can type in how much ammo/weapons we want, because sitting there clicking for a half hour trying to make a weapon/ammo box everytime we play a mission is tedious. THANK YOU!

Hi all;

I have succeeded in installing and test the 3d editor, but do not understand how I can incorporate objects creations from editor to my mission, could someone please explain how to do it?

thankyou

Could you please update this on Six updater?

It is currently:

Version: v0.3 RC6

Revision: 7

Dependencies: @CBA_A3

Size: 11.18 MB (download size: 7.10 MB )

Updated: Sat, 22 Jun 2013 09:02:23 +0000

Thanks!

I posted on the Play with Six forums but so far there is no response :j:. Try PM Sickboy - or post in the PwS forums again.

trying to make a weapon box with glasses/goggles doesn't work, an error comes up and when I spawn the box theres nothing in it, also it doesn't even show in the right side of the menu the glasses/goggle being put it. and one more suggestion is there a way you can make it to where we can type in how much ammo/weapons we want, because sitting there clicking for a half hour trying to make a weapon/ammo box everytime we play a mission is tedious. THANK YOU!

So far as mentioned in the Change log there is no way to add goggles into ammo boxes (game limitations) but I made it in preparation that maybe someday BIS will add an option to add them.

Regarding adding a certain amount of items/magazines. I might do that later. For now just save a code snippet with your favorite gear and save it in one of the saved slot to save time.

Hi all;

I have succeeded in installing and test the 3d editor, but do not understand how I can incorporate objects creations from editor to my mission, could someone please explain how to do it?

thankyou

You can't. Please read the manual. MCC isn't working with SQM files. It is a tool to build a mission in it or to spice up an existing mission.

Hello!

Awesome tool.

We from SweBat have started to use this tool pretty often now.

Mostly for training purposes yet, but still learning how to create real missions.

Im trying to re-create the hostage mission you did in a youtube tutorial, but what i cant figure out is how you end the mission.

How do you connect the hostage to a triggar/taskend to finish that specific task?

And also is it possible to add an objective such as blow up a generator or vehicle/HVT?

Thanks once again for a awesome tool!

Shay_Gman did you get chance to figure out any of my other errors that I posted on the end of page 30? Such as the waypoints or the AC130/ UAV's rotating?

I am just wondering mainly about the waypoint spawning error. Thanks!

Edited by Chopper1987

First, this may sound weird since it is not the exact intention of MCC sandbox, but since i'm a bit of a singleplayer/custom mission geek:

1. Is there any way to save what you have done in mcc sandbox into a normal editor file, then open it up in the editor? I would love the ability to use the editor for some things, (like player units and AI units/waypoints) but then go switch to mcc and do some of the editing using mcc (3D editing, scripts and briefing/objectives stuff). If I have to do some file editing outside of arma its no problem.

-I've realized that if there was a way to save the mission as a proper editor mission then mcc sandbox would have become that 3D editor that all of us have wanted. Mcc must save a mission file somewhere, so where is that file so i can try copying it into the editor?

2. Is there a way to merge the player unit (the 'mission maker') with any of the mcc generated units/groups to get a squad that you can command? I.e. place groups/units in a zone, and link them to your player like you would in the editor.

If the MCC was expanded to allow SP mission creation that can be saved and opened in the editor it would be awesome. For example, if i want to make a mission (lets call it TEST.mis), I would love to be able to place some of my units and other stuff in the 2D editor, then hit preview and use mcc to set up the scrips, cas, ammoboxes, convoy's .etc. If there was a save option that would save it either as TEST.mis or if you can't overwrite the existing one then TEST2.mis. All you would have to do is go back to the 2d editor, open up TEST.mis or TEST2.mis and your changes would be there.

Im a bit of a newbie when it comes to mission making. I have been playing around with MCC and like it but when I have saved it and are done how do I actually play the mission, where should I place the code thats on the clipboard?

Can someone point me in the right direction?

If the MCC was expanded to allow SP mission creation that can be saved and opened in the editor it would be awesome.

Gman already stated that he might look into SP in the future if he finds the time. But I agree with you on this one. The is the most important mod to enjoy the SP player experience properly and the best one of its kind. It has the functionality that I always wanted in arma after I saw the real time editor in VBS. So lets hope we might see it working in SP properly in the future.

Hello!

Awesome tool.

We from SweBat have started to use this tool pretty often now.

Mostly for training purposes yet, but still learning how to create real missions.

Im trying to re-create the hostage mission you did in a youtube tutorial, but what i cant figure out is how you end the mission.

How do you connect the hostage to a triggar/taskend to finish that specific task?

And also is it possible to add an objective such as blow up a generator or vehicle/HVT?

Thanks once again for a awesome tool!

Thanks, you can't use triggers exactly as in the 2D editor but you can be a little creative to make a mission end like: create a trigger when west present on the extraction point and then connect it to "mission won".

But at the end MCC is a little role-playing tool when the end mission or objective won doesn't have to be set by a defined trigger mechanism. Usually when I play I don't make triggers for objective complete nor end mission because as in RL sometimes things don't go the way you planed. The satchel charge didn't blow the damn generator, the hostage decided to go AWOL exc.

I prefer the missions where the mission maker is telling the story and he is not being captive to a strict mechanism.

Nevertheless I'll rework some of the triggers mechanism as A3 gave greater freedom in saving the mission (uinamespaces) and this removed the limitation of saving mission as a string only.

Shay_Gman did you get chance to figure out any of my other errors that I posted on the end of page 30? Such as the waypoints or the AC130/ UAV's rotating?

I am just wondering mainly about the waypoint spawning error. Thanks!

Mate I can't reproduce it on my side everything is working fine here. I play on SP (so far the only way I've found out how to do it is by playing in the editor while the MCC mod is activated, scenario don't work for me).

Shay_Gman, is there any way to toggle the map texture in MCC

Sure thing, in next release.

First, this may sound weird since it is not the exact intention of MCC sandbox, but since i'm a bit of a singleplayer/custom mission geek:

1. Is there any way to save what you have done in mcc sandbox into a normal editor file, then open it up in the editor? I would love the ability to use the editor for some things, (like player units and AI units/waypoints) but then go switch to mcc and do some of the editing using mcc (3D editing, scripts and briefing/objectives stuff). If I have to do some file editing outside of arma its no problem.

-I've realized that if there was a way to save the mission as a proper editor mission then mcc sandbox would have become that 3D editor that all of us have wanted. Mcc must save a mission file somewhere, so where is that file so i can try copying it into the editor?

2. Is there a way to merge the player unit (the 'mission maker') with any of the mcc generated units/groups to get a squad that you can command? I.e. place groups/units in a zone, and link them to your player like you would in the editor.

If the MCC was expanded to allow SP mission creation that can be saved and opened in the editor it would be awesome. For example, if i want to make a mission (lets call it TEST.mis), I would love to be able to place some of my units and other stuff in the 2D editor, then hit preview and use mcc to set up the scrips, cas, ammoboxes, convoy's .etc. If there was a save option that would save it either as TEST.mis or if you can't overwrite the existing one then TEST2.mis. All you would have to do is go back to the 2d editor, open up TEST.mis or TEST2.mis and your changes would be there.

MCC output cannot be saved as an SQM file in a regular mission. As stated before – use the SP mod version and build you base mission in the 2D then preview it and continue to build it in MCC save it and load once you play it or use the MCC APIs.

You can join any group/units on the battlefield use menu 4 join button. Press the unit/group, press join, press the unit/group you want them to join to. Alternatively you can place units with recruitable preset with the 3D editor.

Im a bit of a newbie when it comes to mission making. I have been playing around with MCC and like it but when I have saved it and are done how do I actually play the mission, where should I place the code thats on the clipboard?

Can someone point me in the right direction?

You should save the code into a text file or use the 20 mission saved slots in MCC. In order to load it restart MCC and paste the code in the code block or load it from the save slot.

Please read the manual.

Gman already stated that he might look into SP in the future if he finds the time. But I agree with you on this one. The is the most important mod to enjoy the SP player experience properly and the best one of its kind. It has the functionality that I always wanted in arma after I saw the real time editor in VBS. So lets hope we might see it working in SP properly in the future.

Have you tried the new SP mode?

Have you tried the new SP mode?

I have totally overlooked it on the front page :o

Thank you so much mate. I will test it as soon as I find some time :yay:

Congrats mate.

Also I have s small feature change request: can you separate weather and time so that when I want to change the time it won't change the weather :)

i would like to start by saying great thread. It has been informative and I like that everybody is participating in putting their 2 cents in. I just made the move from console to pc. So if I sound noobish, please be kind. I just downloaded MCC Sandbox today, but don't know what I'm doing. I think I placed everything correctly in their folders,but kinda bumped into a few problems. I got the mod to work, but i read the thread and noticed that I'm having probs that other people are having like ac130 screen going black. Also in 3D editor when I place vehicles(hunter) they explode. I raised them a little higher but they will tip over and the ai will jump out. another problem i had was when i spawned units like suicide bomber, it will work the first time but will give me an error the next time. i didnt write the error, i'll write it next time. Is there a video on how to properly load the mod? also is there a link to get the manual to properly use the mod? I do not know what mod version vs mission version is? And I have Vo.7 version but do not know if I need to update. Can anybody help???

I posted on the Play with Six forums but so far there is no response :j:. Try PM Sickboy - or post in the PwS forums again.

Thanks for the reply.

Alas, I tried to comment on the six forums... I forgot my password and am unable to reset it - for some reason the site will not allow it. Very disappointing that Six is not being updated. As I am running AIA as well (which has been updated), getting everything to load manually is nigh on impossible for my noobish self. Would appreciated if others could gently prod on the Sixupdater forums for them to get MCC up to date.

Cheers.

i tried again testing(learning) the mod and noticed that the 3d editor is still not working correctly. it will start fine for a bit then it will stop spawning. i figured out the explosions is not to spawn vehicles too close to each other. i"m still having issues with ac130 and reaper. they would work for a bit then ac130 will go black and the reaper will stay at the current location and will not allow to change spots. how come i cannot use mcc in a public server. i tried usingit on my friend"s mission and it synced up and th mstr gen popped up, but i could not log in. i also tried other public servers and sstill would not let me log in. what is the difference between mod version and mission version. i haven"t tried everything on the mod but what i have tried works fine. noticed one problem, when i spawned red lav's around agia marina, they crashing into each other or into guardrails or buildings. it took the fun out when i went in with an explosives team and it was like shooting fish in a barrel. <((((><

hello again... just quick question. how do i load special forces? i followed the youtube tutorial but still can't make it work. can anybody help?

hello again... just quick question. how do i load special forces? i followed the youtube tutorial but still can't make it work. can anybody help?

You need to make sure that you are wearing the tactical shades (or glasses?) in order for the PIP cam to work

dogdoor,

thanks for the reply... i have tactical glasses and still will not work. i tried it on Shay's mcc template and i join sf squad and it will work but not in any other mission i try.

Thank you for a GREAT tool Shay_Gman! Also thank you for your frequent responses to questions from everyone here on the forum! You are really doing a public service to the community!

i figured out the problem. i was using tactical shades and sf PIP didn't work. then i switched to tactical glasses and it started working. (DERP o.O) thanks for bringing up the glasses because i would have never figured it out. Are there any other benefits other than PIP for the special force guys?

---------- Post added at 05:56 ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 ----------

You need to make sure that you are wearing the tactical shades (or glasses?) in order for the PIP cam to work

got to give props where pros are due.......thanks dogdoor!

i figured out the problem. i was using tactical shades and sf PIP didn't work. then i switched to tactical glasses and it started working. (DERP o.O) thanks for bringing up the glasses because i would have never figured it out. Are there any other benefits other than PIP for the special force guys?

You're welcome. I encountered the same issue a while back.

The tactical pip is useful when in mp - your buddy can say target @ .... and you can see through his eyes to zero in.

Congrats mate.

Also I have s small feature change request: can you separate weather and time so that when I want to change the time it won't change the weather :)

I'll try add it in the next release.

i would like to start by saying great thread. It has been informative and I like that everybody is participating in putting their 2 cents in. I just made the move from console to pc. So if I sound noobish, please be kind. I just downloaded MCC Sandbox today, but don't know what I'm doing. I think I placed everything correctly in their folders,but kinda bumped into a few problems. I got the mod to work, but i read the thread and noticed that I'm having probs that other people are having like ac130 screen going black. Also in 3D editor when I place vehicles(hunter) they explode. I raised them a little higher but they will tip over and the ai will jump out. another problem i had was when i spawned units like suicide bomber, it will work the first time but will give me an error the next time. i didnt write the error, i'll write it next time. Is there a video on how to properly load the mod? also is there a link to get the manual to properly use the mod? I do not know what mod version vs mission version is? And I have Vo.7 version but do not know if I need to update. Can anybody help???

Fate in console peasantry restored ;)

Try downloading the latest version (I hope Play with Six will update it soon) since I fixed the vehicle explosion thing. Keep in mind that if you spawn a vehicle on top of another vehicle or underground it will explode once you have placed it. Hold space key to place it and don't release it until your cursor is out of the way so the other vehicle won't spawn on the cursor.

About the AC-130 going black, do you play on single player? As MCC is not fully compatible with SP. I sometimes have black screen in ArmA 3 and I have to do Alt+tab and then go back to game to fix it – I believe it something to do with the GPU driver or the game current state.

There is a link to the manual in first post, it's ArmA 2 MCC but it is more or less the same.

i tried again testing(learning) the mod and noticed that the 3d editor is still not working correctly. it will start fine for a bit then it will stop spawning. i figured out the explosions is not to spawn vehicles too close to each other. i"m still having issues with ac130 and reaper. they would work for a bit then ac130 will go black and the reaper will stay at the current location and will not allow to change spots. how come i cannot use mcc in a public server. i tried usingit on my friend"s mission and it synced up and th mstr gen popped up, but i could not log in. i also tried other public servers and sstill would not let me log in. what is the difference between mod version and mission version. i haven"t tried everything on the mod but what i have tried works fine. noticed one problem, when i spawned red lav's around agia marina, they crashing into each other or into guardrails or buildings. it took the fun out when i went in with an explosives team and it was like shooting fish in a barrel. <((((><

About the 3D stop spawning – I never encountered it so if you can explain what you did to make it stop working please do.

Keep in mind that ArmA have an engine limitation of 142 groups on a mission. Each individual unit is counted as a group just as a group of 10 units will still counts as one group. So if you reached that limit that kind of behavior will be expected.

Again any error you might have you'll need to provide more information on how what you did and where (SP,MP, mod version, mission version). Also it will be great to send me the save file of that mission so I can reproduce it and check it out.

MCC will not work if it isn't running on the server, it isn't supposed to be a cheat tool and I'm glad you can't login on servers without mod checking.

Thank you for a GREAT tool Shay_Gman! Also thank you for your frequent responses to questions from everyone here on the forum! You are really doing a public service to the community!

My pleasure. I started to work on a new project that I'll share with you soon.

So far there is no more benefits in being special forces but the helmet camera and the ability to change to diver gear more will be added later

thanks Shay for the quick response. I am guessing that i have the mission version since I loaded a PBO file. Even though i downloaded the mod from armaholic, I've been launching the game thru six updater. I think i have been updating everything since it says revision 13, but since I'm new to PC's I have no idea if I'm doing anything right. I do not have play with six (I'll look into it). As for the 3D editor, it's works most of the time. But every now and then it will not allow to spawn and throw out an error code (sorry, I forgot to copy it) but I'll do something else and then go back and it will start working again. As for the ac130 and reaper, it will work for one area but will not work if I want to change to another area. the reaper will still have visual, but the ac130 will go black. I have not tried the artillery, evac, or cas yet to see if it is working. I only play on multiplayer and have not been on SP..... NOW, my question with joining public servers. My friend had his server up and I joined and I told him about mcc sandbox and was going to try it out for him to see how it worked, but it would not let me log in. I was able to join the public server and I synced up but could not log in. So I left and joined other servers that would let me join and i would sync up also but again could not log in. I decided to go to new and start my own server and load one of the game modes and it worked. I thought this mod was for MP and would work with any made mission and servers. Now that being said, I do not believe in cheating. The reason I decide to use mcc is because I don't have the time or the patience to learn to script and this mod gives me the ability to enjoy this game the way it was meant to be. I have researched everything about this mod since its humble beginnings and I'm amazed how this mod has evolved.I love everything about this mod and want to use it to its fullest potential. So I have some questions to ask...

1) Are you planning to incorporate majority if not everything from the arma 2 mcc mod or are you heading in a different direction. I know the mod is evolving and changing, but it would be nice to have an idea where mcc sandbox 3 is heading.(though it would also be great to try some of the stuff that is on the arma 2 mod)

2) Is there a way to join other people's servers, or do I have to host a server and have them join.

3) Even though I know this a mission maker tool, my friend said the mod could be used as a cheat tool and that I could get globally banned from arma. What are the chances of getting banned, if any?

Sorry for the long reply but I have so many questions to ask and so little time. THANKS!!!!

Edited by FTW_PHOENIX