shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

Shay!

First off, let me thank you for your amazing work on MCC! I use the hell out of it for personal missions and missions in my unit!

A couple of things that I'd like to request from you for MCC 3:

-AI Group command

In MCC, I'd love to be able to drop a group, hijack the group leader, and have control of the group. Currently, If I hijack that group leader, MCC just switches the group lead to a different group member. Is there a way you can make it so that when I hijak the group leader, it actually gives me lead of the group? This would make for amazingly more dynamic missions for my playstyle.

-Building Garrison

In A2 MCC, when you garrison an area, it chooses from 100% random pool of that faction's unit types. It puts armor crewmen, pilots, AA gunners, snipers, etc in the buildings. Could you make it so that it only certain unit types will garrison buildings(Riflemen, Grenadiers, Team Leaders, Squad Leaders, etc).

These two issues are pretty much the ONLY two that I've seen since I started using MCC about 6 months ago. I absolutely love it and can't thank you enough for the work/time you've put into it. I look forward to using the hell out of MCC in the future!

The program is a bit complicated, however, it seems to be filled with a variety of options. A steep learning curve, but still awesome nonetheless. I'm glad you configured this program.

But, I have one problem. I don't know if it's due to the updates for ARMA3 or not, as I just downloaded the program last night.. anyways, I cannot place any units down in the 3D editor.

Is this related to the updates? Or is it a problem on my end that I can fix?

---------- Post added at 11:30 ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 ----------

The program is a bit complicated, however, it seems to be filled with a variety of options. A steep learning curve, but still awesome nonetheless. I'm glad you configured this program.

But, I have one problem. I don't know if it's due to the updates for ARMA3 or not, as I just downloaded the program last night.. anyways, I cannot place any units down in the 3D editor.

Shay_gman: Due to Alpha release 0.56 some features won't work, expect a hot fix very soon.

Shay_gman: Due to Alpha release 0.56 some features won't work, expect a hot fix very soon.

I stated that I acknowledged that in my post, if you read it.

I was asking if the problem was due to something on my end or if it was because of the ARMA update & everyone has the same problem as I do.

Anyways, is there an official say on when the new hotfix will be released?

@SlavicH - will come .. be patient :)

Hi back from my vacation, here is the hotfix. Next update is going to be all about removing CBA dependency and IED.

BTW, I dont' see any direct link between the Alpha update and the missing files you guys posted before, as always I recommend using Play with Six to get all the right files in place. But check out the update maybe it did related to the update.

Cheers.

Mod version: https://www.dropbox.com/s/cbpinx8knu5fw42/%40mcc_sandbox.rar

Mission version; https://www.dropbox.com/s/vk1makz2q2vnfpn/mcc_sandbox.Stratis.pbo

Hi shay_gman

installed the V7 hotfix "MOD-VERSION" but it seems to be an old Version from 16.04.13. The "Mission-Version" is working well, but the Mod is broken.

I just installed MCC with Play WithSIX and tried to use the 3D generator and I get this error message below. I hope that helps.

'...;

_unitspawned setformdir _dir;

_dummy |#|setvehicleinit _init;

if (_name != "") t...'

Error Missing ;

File mcc_sandbox_mod\mcc\pop_menu\simple_spawn.sqf, line 30

Gray

When I sign the latest ver of Sandbox for my server I get kicked...

'Wrong signature error.'

Dirty Haz

Greetings, pal.

I installed the new hotfix, however, you don't mention what to do with the Stratis MCC.pbo

Do I place it in the addons directory? The MCC folder? Or the ARMA3 Directory?

---------- Post added at 01:36 ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 ----------

I just installed MCC with Play WithSIX and tried to use the 3D generator and I get this error message below. I hope that helps.

'...;

if (_name != "") t...'

Error Missing ;

Gray

I was getting this exact error before the hotfix. I haven't tried to mess around with the new update for MCC, yet..

I'll let you know if I get the same error.

Greetings, pal.

I installed the new hotfix, however, you don't mention what to do with the Stratis MCC.pbo

I was getting this exact error before the hotfix. I haven't tried to mess around with the new update for MCC, yet..

I got the same error even I installed the new MCC_sandbox_A3

'...;

if (_name != "") t...'

Error Missing ;

Gray

This error regards the Alpha 0.56 build.

Seems like I uploaded an old version for the mod. :rolleyes:

The mission version should be good, i'll check it out later this evening.

Greetings, pal.

The stratis.pbo version is the mission version, either use the mission version or the mod version not both. To use the mission version just drop the pbo in you MP mission files.

When I sign the latest ver of Sandbox for my server I get kicked...

Dirty Haz

Never mind. I am using the script version instead and its working great!

Dirty Haz

No there are def something wrong - i have same issue - not able to sign this with my own key.

When signing it my server kicks me off. Earlier someone hinted that it might be an issue when

packing/compressing files into a .pbo getting wrong checksums.

Shay may i ask what tool you use to pack the files to .pbo ?

I ask this because i had some problems earlier when i used an old tool called pboview, someone suggested me to use

eliteness instead, after that i had no problems.

Wow! Just watched the intro video . . . Jaw drops!

This looks absolutely fantastic Shay!

I've been holding off on updating to the full Arma 3 but knowing this is out there and seeing how easy it makes it to develop missions, I just might be shifting over to playing A3 more than A2.

Wow! Just watched the intro video . . . Jaw drops!

This looks absolutely fantastic Shay!

I've been holding off on updating to the full Arma 3 but knowing this is out there and seeing how easy it makes it to develop missions, I just might be shifting over to playing A3 more than A2.

There is a version for A2 if you didn't know.

Can someone pls try to confirm that the mod version can be used on mp-servers with signatures on.

I get kicked from server although all server-keys are in the right place. Getting kicked both if i use the

downloaded from link here, or if i use the play withsix version.

Both keys are in the right folder on the server - six_mcc_sandbox_a3-bikey and mcc_shay_gman-bikey.

Trying to sign with own key gives same result.

Message when joinig server "you were kicked off the server".

Message in server console "10:40:45 Player [HUD]Dorph: Wrong signature for file E:\Steamgames\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@mcc_sandbox_a3\addons\mcc_sandbox_mod.pbo"

Edited by [HUD]Dorph

Help with the MCC!

I can't Spawn anything

I acces the 3D And everything but Whnever i Press Space it didn't Respawned

And i have to press it a bunch of time and then it overespawned

Please Help!

---------- Post added at 21:48 ---------- Previous post was at 21:08 ----------

I also Got this too Whenever I pressed Space:...;

if (_name != "") t...'

Error Missing ;

Removal of some outdated/insecure/whatever commands broke UPSMON, which will now need to be re-written to do the same things using commands that are still in the game (which will probably also make it cleaner, but would of course require work). Until that is done, most of MCC (or at least the important stuff for mission making) will most likely not work at all.

According to the error you got, it seems like MCC itself is using some of those commands as well, so those scripts will also need to be re-written.

Just look back a few posts.

Help with the MCC!

I can't Spawn anything

I acces the 3D And everything but Whnever i Press Space it didn't Respawned

And i have to press it a bunch of time and then it overespawned

Please Help!

---------- Post added at 21:48 ---------- Previous post was at 21:08 ----------

I also Got this too Whenever I pressed Space:...;

if (_name != "") t...'

Error Missing ;

Removal of some outdated/insecure/whatever commands broke UPSMON, which will now need to be re-written to do the same things using commands that are still in the game (which will probably also make it cleaner, but would of course require work). Until that is done, most of MCC (or at least the important stuff for mission making) will most likely not work at all.

According to the error you got, it seems like MCC itself is using some of those commands as well, so those scripts will also need to be re-written.

I fixed UPSMON and it being used in MCC mission version so it 0.56 Alpha build proof as far as I know. The mod version will be released later as I'm taking the time to re-write it inorder to remove CBA dependability and making it the most stable release as it can get with the new BIS commands (netID, fnc_MP exc).

I'll post the updated UPSMON script on the UPSMON thread.