shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

Is it possible to allow you to save the editing you have done in game, possibly too the editors map files? So say you wanted to place down a new town/fortification/whatever really (Even just prettying up in the inside of buildings, which to my knowledge cannot be done in the editor.. have tried and just places items on top rather then in the building)

Using MCC is alot easier to use for such a task compared to the sheer time it takes using the 2d editor. Having the ability to save the objects you place on the map, to the actual map files (viewable in the editor when you load up the map/even possibly when 'previewing' the map, make the edits and then you see them after) would allow people to not only make more solid and immersive missions, but gives them much greater control of the world around them.

No you can't save is as a mission.sqm file. But hey once you got all the proper locations it's easy to load it into a mission. Just go to save/load menu and copy the thing you did on the 3D editor, then use MCC is a framework and in the mission init.sqf put something like

[] call "the string you copy from the load/save"

Hi mate, I'd be happy to help with this. There is an old manual I believe? I will use that as a foundation. I'll PM you if I have questions.

Great mate if :yay: PM me i'll add you to Skype

@Shay_Man,

I've found that the r3 version overwrites parts of original GUI words front color and size, such as the Editor's white words becomes black, and the up-left loading screen words becomes quite small, pls check

I like the new gothic design, JK :p i'll take a look on that.

hi , i met a problem .since i had put both bikey & bisign of MCC addon into the correct folder ,i still couldn`t jion the sever with MCC.an error would show up. why? or what can i do to fix this problem.

PS: i had enabled signature protection on my server.(verifySignatures = 2)

hi , i met a problem .since i had put both bikey & bisign of MCC addon into the correct folder ,i still couldn`t jion the sever with MCC.an error would show up. why? or what can i do to fix this problem.

PS: i had enabled signature protection on my server.(verifySignatures = 2)

------I agree, I've met the same problem. So dear Mr. Shay_Man, pls check to see if your bikey or bisign is the right one, thx ahead!

Edited by Lao Fei Mao

Well I fixed the change in the default game GUI last night I'll take a look on the signatures tonight I'm not an expert on this. So if someone have a lead let me know.

Sorry for my ignorance but could somone tell me how i save my creation into a mission, all i seem to get is a ton of text to copy and paste

Sorry for my ignorance but could somone tell me how i save my creation into a mission, all i seem to get is a ton of text to copy and paste

If you mean saving it as a pbo file you can't. You can save it as a txt file and load it using MCC load/save function. Just copy the text paste it into the load menu and press load.

MCC r4 is out: Download as always in the first post.

change log:

- Added Special Forces module.

- Added Tajin helmet camera script for Special Forces.

- Fixed game GUI changed while using MCC

- Fixed bisign changed to V2.

- Fixed while zooming out in the mini map the background was black - changed to white.

Thanks for Tajin for his Helmet Cam script http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=19615

A bit of info about it;

- Put the SF moudle and sync all the units you want to share live feed with them - you can sync units or vehicle from the same side or even from other side.

- You can put the SF module more then once to create more the one then live feed group.

- use setvariable in the module init to determin needed headgear to broadcast live feed and goggles to recive live feed like this:

this setvariable ["hcam_goggles",["G_Tactical_Clear"],false]
this setvariable ["hcam_headgear",["H_HelmetB","H_HelmetB_paint"," H_HelmetB_light"],false]

- In mission define user1 action key (through BIS control menu)

- Press the use1 action key to open the live feed and cycle between units.

- Pres Shift + action key user1 to zoom the live feed.

- Pres Ctrl + action key user1 to change live feed to thermal vision/Night vision.

- Press Alt + action key user1 to close the live feed.

First of all I want to thank you for this pretty useful masterpiece of yours that you crafted there, and of course I am also thankful for all the other modders whose scripts and addons made it into your MCC.

Well, sadly I never knew about the mcc for arma 2 so I got a lack of knowledge on what the final mcc will have to offer, so maybe the following will be unneccessary and can gladly be ignored.

- I hope you will add the delete area function to cleanup the stuff created during a session in order to keep the memory usage low, (actually this is the only feature I noticed in the A2 version so far)

- It would be pretty useful if you could just pick created markers from a dropdown menu to delete them instead of memorizing their exact name.

- Is there a possibility that spawned "Armed Civilians" will get a behavior like walking around a proximity area until some player approaches for the Secure Hostile action? Its pretty easy for my friends to recognize them beside all the civilians that just keep running around due to the upsmon script.

- After using an alarm on a trigger its noise made the ongoing firefight pretty intense, unfortunately I wasn't able to find out how to stop it again, one of our medics went crazy and committed suicide....poor guy....

- Would it be possible to spawn those cool IDEs or armed civilians within the 3d editor? this thing is pretty neat to get buildings occupied in a tactical manner.

- I'd love to see more presets in the 3d editor

- Maybe you can solve a problem within the heli insertion menu wich I couldn't even solve with my (pretty bad) scripting skills, get a KA60-Kasatka for Blufor Troops? I'd love to use that one instead of the little bird until there are some black-hawks again

- Could you add code integrity for mcc created triggers?

- A possibility to switch the fake uav on and off before adding a taskwaypoint (the uav cam may reveal some prepared ambushes)

Thats everything that comes to my mind at the moment, but to not sound greedy i'll give you all the good reasons I have to use your mcc right now aswell.

+ First of all its way more comfortable to create a mission using good working modular systems instead of tweaking a so called mission over days or even weeks before realizing its a piece of junk

+ You can react dynamically if your team members are getting bored or trying to outrun the framework

+ You can place IEDs, Suicide Bombers and unpredictable civilians without any scripting knowledge, i.e. it was one hellish trip through agia marina doing a "Check civilians for threats (armed civilians) when suddenly some suicide bombers created a mess :)

It gives you a chill to the bone everytime you hear that "Allah Akbar" and a suicide bomber sneaks up on you while zone spawned civilians keep running in all directions !wich one is the bad guy?!

+ You have a really easy to use Insertion tool, and QRFs are just a few clicks away from battlefield ( a multiplayer compatible dynamic heli insertion script alone took me 2 days to create from scratch, and its not even close to that one)

+ The newly added Live-feed helmet cam from Tajin is pretty awesome to use in multiplayer

+ Basically I just create small mission like tasks, save them to .txt files on my computer and can recall them as needed to keep the guys busy (Awesome!)

+ Using your box creator and saving the spawn preset as txt file is pretty easy compared to writing scripts for all the mod stuff I want to add into my missions

+ Even a simple "Drive down that road and scan for explosive traps" kept the guys going for about 2 hours thanks to additional ambushing troops coming from the hills and such

+ The Fake UAV works fine, the showing Task description is pretty cool and beats any 08/15 mission briefing I could do (maybe be able to add some sort of markers with text onto that overview? nearly impossible to do I think, right?)

+ Its even plain fun to mess around with it and trying out some stuff to make future missions even more epic

++ Short : A Must have

Keep up the great work, BIS should recruit you :D

Greetings, Porky243

@Porky243

First thing: Don't mind sounding greedy. This is the main idea behind the forum and I would love to make MCC even greater. So always post your ideas in here, who know maybe some

Of them will become real game options.

About the things you mentioned:

1. I'll add the clear zone option in next update.

2. I'll probably add a drop down menu for marker

3. I don't know about armed civilians as I giving them the "normal" behavior might upset mission maker who want them to stand on specific points. Maybe I'll add another option for spawning armed civilians with normal behavior so we can choose.

4. I don't know If you can stop the alarm sound. I'll take a look.

5. I'll add the 3D for placing IED and armed civilians.

6. What more preset do you want to see? Place your requests please.

7. I can add code integrity to Triggers but the problem is that I'm not able to save it as it's string inside string.

8. I can add an option to disable the fake UAV. I'll try to add it to next release.

About BIS recruiting me… well they have my CV maybe if you'll poke Dwarden or something. ;)

- Fixed bisign changed to V2.
Negative, your bisign was maybe one release (previous r3 I guess) the proper 'v2' (~550 bytes), now it seems to be back at 'v1' (~260 bytes). Edited by Sickboy

Negative, your bisign was maybe one release (previous r3 I guess) the proper 'v2' (~550 bytes), now it seems to be back at 'v1' (~260 bytes).

Can you generate new key for it for the PwS?

I'll work on things on my end.

WIP - live feed in MCC Sandbox Dialog

Another short video using live feed in MCC Sandbox for the Unit Managment module.

I'll release it in next release.

You can see any unit on the map in regular/NV/Thermal view.

I'll probably add a button to broadcast the feed to all the players for mission makers.

Yay I need to reply again :D

First of all, this live feed looks awesome, told a friend about it and he immediatly came to the idea to make it possible for a unit to control it somehow so he can act like a I dunno, a satellite operator or something like that?

By the way I read something about an MCC Console Item in the guide for arma 2, that made me understand the add CAS or artillery to mcc console finally. Maybe you can add it again? or is it already there and I am just blinded :D

I am still thinking of what kind of Presets I had in mind when I mentioned the 3d editor. Geez when I first saw those presets I knew you could do so much more with that little add button. But right now I don't know what scripts could be useful to add there for steady usage.

Ah I think I came onto this thought when I realized its hard to get those suicide bombers or armed civs into buildings and it would be easy to just 3d spawn some guys and add that cool behavior via add preset ^^

But after you already said you will add them to the 3d editor itself, this preset would be needless from now on.

As soon as I get some ideas about that I'll let you know and hope for the best :) I'll see if my friends have some ideas I could add here aswell.

I couldn't really belive my eyes when I saw you didn't only read my post but also thought about the ideas and gave them green light from your side. I'm happy to hear you take the time to add the stuff.

As always I am looking forward to the next update, a little more excited by now :)

Props to you,

Porky243

And this line is for Dwarden:

You, who is a warden of those halls, shall see the note of a soul led to the light by a selfless warrior of proficiency. Use your wisdom to empower those uniting people all over the world.

No seriously - Get this guy into business, he deserves it.

I've scoured this thread and a few documents, I can't seem to find the issue I had, which is repetitive. If you are designing a mission with the Vanilla editor with MCC as a PBO (not as a @Mod, although I haven't tried to reinstall as a mod), and hit preview, you cannot save your mission progress. So, for trial and error sake I exported to SP mission and played, the save progess function was again, unavailable. After some time of thinking I was considering it possible that BI had implemented the SaveGame module purposely so mission designers could prevent progress saving and make the player rely on autosave or mission restart. As I am a noob to the Arma series I was digging through the vast amounts of video tutorials on certain Arrays, Functions, and Config setups; I went back into Arma 3 and opened the stock scenarios to see if I could reference a particular trigger and try to replicate it for practice. Again, I opened the menu and I couldn't save, in a stock showcase, so I immediately started digging around the addons I use and narrowed it down to MCC. I recalled on Youtube, Jester who makes some helpful tutorials, also seemed to have the same problem. He said in his video at one point that he hadn't figured out how to get a mission to save progress yet. After I removed the MCC PBO (After disabling it, of course) I could save progress in mission preview and SP as normal. I figured that you'd like to know about this quirk, and hopefully others with the same issue can now understand what they're doing (or not doing, in this case) wrong. Once this bug is fixed, I will reinstall but for now I'm working on audio timing, I need to be able to save and reload. I'll just create a 3d.biedi if I must. However, aside from this issue, excellent work, in the time that I was able to tinker with it, I see a lot of potential for future teaching scenarios at my unit. СпаÑибо!! (Thank you!!)

@Porky243 Thanks mate. The MCC Console will be introduced again in the next release.

@DavidLasher It's because saving is disabled by default. If you are using the MCC Sandbox mission version go to the init and delete the line:

enableSaving [false,false];

If you are using the mod version make an init.sqf file in your mission and add :

enableSaving [true,true];

Can you generate new key for it for the PwS?

I'll work on things on my end.

NP, always :)

Shay_gman, didn't know you would be taking requests for new features.

I will think more about this but the thing that comes to mind from using Arma2 version a lot is that it would be nice to randomly place down a number of IED's in a zone or something like that rather than placing each one individually. At least I was never able to find a way to do that in Arma2 version. Maybe an option that places them on roads only as well.

Nice Idea Delta99,

-What about an option for different mine counts on using the minefield feature? I noticed its most likely a bare hell since there are about a trillion mines spawned inside the zone. It was fun to see one guy running into a jumper mine triggering the whole field. But I'd like to see less mines autospawned in a field, think about all those pioneers standing in front of the field realizing they will have to do many extra-hours. Poor guys :(

- another idea just showed up. Would it be possible to get a reinforcement feature? Like I could let some enemy helos show up while they put down some troops to make my squad sweat? could those troops behave after UPSMON or some kind of "professional" behavior?

- I didn't try out the radio function on triggers yet, but just in case, if it gives the radio menu to any player, would there be a way to restrict it to the mission maker? just to prevent the guys triggering some actions outside the planned way?

- would it be possible to spawn some effect like things in the 3d editor? like smoke or something? maybe by placing a triggered smokegrenade?

- or spawn weapons with it?

- Or I've seen something in your manual that lets a zone get destroyed to look like an aftermath.

- Can't wait to see your MCC working with a completed version of arma :D

As always, keep up the great work, I'm waiting for your updates way more than I do for GTA V ;)

Shay_gman, didn't know you would be taking requests for new features.

I will think more about this but the thing that comes to mind from using Arma2 version a lot is that it would be nice to randomly place down a number of IED's in a zone or something like that rather than placing each one individually. At least I was never able to find a way to do that in Arma2 version. Maybe an option that places them on roads only as well.

We used to have it when it created random IED and road side bombs around roads... where did that go? the script is still there in MCC just need to revive it.

Nice Idea Delta99,

-What about an option for different mine counts on using the minefield feature? I noticed its most likely a bare hell since there are about a trillion mines spawned inside the zone. It was fun to see one guy running into a jumper mine triggering the whole field. But I'd like to see less mines autospawned in a field, think about all those pioneers standing in front of the field realizing they will have to do many extra-hours. Poor guys :(

- another idea just showed up. Would it be possible to get a reinforcement feature? Like I could let some enemy helos show up while they put down some troops to make my squad sweat? could those troops behave after UPSMON or some kind of "professional" behavior?

- I didn't try out the radio function on triggers yet, but just in case, if it gives the radio menu to any player, would there be a way to restrict it to the mission maker? just to prevent the guys triggering some actions outside the planned way?

- would it be possible to spawn some effect like things in the 3d editor? like smoke or something? maybe by placing a triggered smokegrenade?

- or spawn weapons with it?

- Or I've seen something in your manual that lets a zone get destroyed to look like an aftermath.

- Can't wait to see your MCC working with a completed version of arma :D

As always, keep up the great work, I'm waiting for your updates way more than I do for GTA V ;)

There is the Partroops thing but BIS dosen't relesed a parachute model yet.. so it isn't working. But it's part of UPSMON if the groups have to move more then 500 meters and there is an empty vehicle or helicopter they will mount it fly to the next zone and drop the troops there. More then this if a friendly unit is engaged up to 700 meters away any unit on aggresive behavior will rush to aid using vehicles or helis. I must say that UPSMON dosne't function as good as in ArmA 2 - and sometimes the units just get stuck. I'm thinking about rewriting this whole script.

I think the radio trigger will only work for the MM. Need to check it out.

There will be effects in 3D once BiS will make them in ArmA 2 you could attach flies or crows to dead bodies or just set things on fire.

I can add the battleground thing again but there aren't much destraction effects ATM.

[/php]

If you are using the mod version make an init.sqf file in your mission and add :

enableSaving [true,true];

Hah, well that would do it! I was having a heck of a time running through all possibilities for saving and autosaving. This also gives me the possibility to make Joe sit in place and participate. Thank you man, I really appreciate the hint!

Just thought of another thing I would really like to see. The ability to spawn in an AI group and add them to a player group. Or I suppose a more advanced thing, some mechanism to move any unit or group to any group (either player or AI). I can see that as part of Menu 4 (in the old Arma2 version) in Units/Groups management.

salvation,

Thank you for wearing the MCC in Arma 3, but I have a little problem with the version mission.

modules are not visible.

think you put the mission day is that I must make a special handling?

There is the Partroops thing but BIS dosen't relesed a parachute model yet.. so it isn't working. But it's part of UPSMON if the groups have to move more then 500 meters and there is an empty vehicle or helicopter they will mount it fly to the next zone and drop the troops there. More then this if a friendly unit is engaged up to 700 meters away any unit on aggresive behavior will rush to aid using vehicles or helis. I must say that UPSMON dosne't function as good as in ArmA 2 - and sometimes the units just get stuck. I'm thinking about rewriting this whole script.

Yeah, i noticed that when a group is walking around they likely get stuck close to fences or saftey barriers, most likely if the first guy tries to crawl under, as soon as he gets back up onto his knees, he starts whipping his gun up and down as if he wants to "T-bag" someone. When he gets shot, the next one in the line just copies that behavior.

And I noticed a little problem with the zones, I read that units spawned inside a zone, aggressive behavior for example should switch to the new zone location if its moved, but atleast for me it doesn't seem to work. Maybe that sticks with the problem that the guys hang themselves up on some fences or barriers. I tried to overwatch them in immunity mode while changing the zone location. But those guys didn't seem to care.

maybe I got the mechanics wrong?

Even though the mcc is quite powerful, I've done a lot of little missions I can just chain together as needed to create an ongoing bigger mission. And if something is missing, I can just add it ingame. Couldn't imagine playing coop missions without it anymore :)

Even tried a similar mod, but I like this one just better due to the easy and comfortable Interface as well as the wide variety of supported functions.

Cheers, Porky243