Sign in to follow this  
NebulaePC

PhysX3_x86.dll Crash

Well steam flashed a very small download as i started it up to try arma 3, if that was the patch it hasn't worked for me. In the game 10mins opened a container to grab ammo n boom it crashed. I am verifying files to see if that makes a difference but doubt it, have tried already numerous times in past few days.

Verifying files seems to have done it I have been on the longest ever since playing.

Edited by DavichGee

Might be the server hasn't updated yet. You can still join pre-hotfix servers which will still have the PhysX3_x86.dll crash.

A standalone hotfix would help surface the less impressionable bugs because most will just install and not go to the Dev version.

I hadn't had a physx crash in 3 days, even after 3 hours of play last night I only crashed when we unloaded on a Chopper. Lol.

Perhaps the wastelands modders should remove them until something is released.

(and i did manage to have no issues even it was a little bird, only with other choppers)

---------- Post added at 12:55 ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 ----------

Fixed: Common multiplayer instability related to PhysX simulation (ragdoll versus respawn) in patch 1.02. Please allow some time for all servers and clients to update - issues may persist if either isn't yet updated (they are able to connect to each other).

Reporting in:

4 hours contious play, not a single crash. hotfix worked for me (so far?).

Updated installed thought I would try my luck, managed to play straight for 35 minutes (a record) thought the issue was gone then, BOOM "ARMA 3 HAS STOPPED WORKING" I go straight to event viewer and what do I see?

Faulting module path: B:\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\PhysX3_x86.dll

Please sort this out once and for all.

It could be the server. It might not have been updated to the latest version. You can still join non-hotfixed servers with your hotfixed version.

Played another 4 hours and still no crash. Wasteland none the less, so lots of exploding stuff. Also didn't see a lot of people getting timed out/kicked for steam ticket. Just the usual 1 or 2, but not like 20 in quick succession. on 50+ player servers.

Happend 30 minutes ago!!!! 1.02 fix doesnt work propertly!

Version 1.02.110654

Fault time: 2013/10/04 00:39:50

Fault address: 68FB21CB 01:001511CB C:\my\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\PhysX3_x86.dll

file: co40_Altis_Domination!_Blufor_2_99l_HUD_6_02 (__CUR_MP)

world: Altis

Prev. code bytes: 85 C0 74 1D 8B 50 40 F6 42 4C 01 75 14 8B 40 60

Fault code bytes: F6 40 2C 01 75 0B 51 50 57 E8 97 FF FF FF 83 C4

And dont say that the server has another version becouse i am an server admin and i updated server to 1.02 hotfixed before crash

Edited by RangerRG

Bah, in editor just put 20 paratroopers starting in air and being very close together, play and enjoy the crash when the parachute are opening.

I played for about 4 hours in one server without a crash. I did get a crash earlier, but I can't be sure the server was hotfix'd yet at the time.

have the same problem with Physx dll. usually the game crashes when blowing up something.

recently I and my friend were in a tank and we blew up a quad-bike, we both crashed.

I saw this crash still happening. Several times this weekend but not nearly as much as last week.

My buddy Paul and I play Arma3 several nights a week, most nights actually. Since the 1.02 hotfix I have only crashed one time in probably 40 hours or more of play. He has crashed multiple times each night.

So, I'm fixed and he is not.

However, we have noticed that he only crashes with the physx dll error when we are grouped. He can play for hours solo/ungrouped with no issue, but as soon as I log in and we form an ingame group (Sa-Matra Wasteland v7 and v8 mission) he will start getting crashes.

Totally anecdotal evidence, but this has been the case before and after the hotfix.

I would suggest we report this in the issue tracker....will get more attention there.

Why was the ticket closed? "Need new dumps for additional physx crashes."

Problem still persists. Where do we report the new dumps?

Why was the ticket closed? "Need new dumps for additional physx crashes."

Problem still persists. Where do we report the new dumps?

The problem was definitely resolved for the majority of people experiencing it, and the ticket was likely closed because the originator confirmed the problem was resolved for them. I suggest creating a new ticket at the feedback tracker with new dumps. Perhaps the symptom is the same, but the cause is different.

After today patch, my still crashes, when the solution will be fix it?

My buddy Paul and I play Arma3 several nights a week, most nights actually. Since the 1.02 hotfix I have only crashed one time in probably 40 hours or more of play. He has crashed multiple times each night.

So, I'm fixed and he is not.

However, we have noticed that he only crashes with the physx dll error when we are grouped. He can play for hours solo/ungrouped with no issue, but as soon as I log in and we form an ingame group (Sa-Matra Wasteland v7 and v8 mission) he will start getting crashes.

Totally anecdotal evidence, but this has been the case before and after the hotfix.

He is absolutely correct. I'm Paul and I have run this little test we discovered a couple of times. I seem to get the "PhysX3_x86.dll" crash only when I am in a "group" comms situation. If I don't join any "Groups" then I don't get that error. I have run this test for the last 3 nights. I haven't joined any groups and have not crashed once. I would ask those people that are still getting the "PhysX3_x86.dll" error, are you in a "Group" when it happens? Try not joining a group and see if you can play without incident. Instead of joing a group, I use either side chat or join my buddies ventrillo server. I truley believe that there is some connection here with that "PhysX3_x86.dll" error and being part of a "group" I think the developers should take a look and test it for them selves. My 2 cents.

My mission is reliably crashing with physx error. I can just spawn in and not move an inch and leave it running an hour or so and usually crashes out. V little grouping (only 2 AI AA tanks in group) but using slot of AI respawning & crash often seems to coincide with that. Can somebody else give it a try?

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197971329722/myworkshopfiles/?appid=107410

I still get the crash in MP after the hotfix, randomly from 5 min in game up to 1 hour.

Does anyone know if the issue is fixed on Dev Build servers?

I am also having this issue, game randomly freezes and have to alt ctrl del out, very annoying, just purchased this game and it keeps happening

Funny. There's no submitted bug report on the feedback tracker for those still having this problem. For those who don't know how this whole process works, posting stuff in one of the forum threads will get absolutely no reaction from the developers. You need to open a bug report. If you're expecting them to fix whatever remaining physx3_86.dll errors you have, you're gonna be waiting a long time until you submit your dump files.

Funny. There's no submitted bug report on the feedback tracker for those still having this problem. For those who don't know how this whole process works, posting stuff in one of the forum threads will get absolutely no reaction from the developers. You need to open a bug report. If you're expecting them to fix whatever remaining physx3_86.dll errors you have, you're gonna be waiting a long time until you submit your dump files.

im not 100% sure how to submit my "dump files" are you able to help or point me to a how to tutorial?