Sign in to follow this  
NebulaePC

PhysX3_x86.dll Crash

Players drop in mass and it's 100% to do with heavy explosions, I know I've crashed a bunch of people by using heavy rounds in Marshalls on multiple occasions, and have seen the exact moment the crash occurs, when the shell hits and debree goes flying. Seems to do with Nvidia PhysX... This is pathetic, I can't play the game now.

BF4 doesn't do it for me. Please fix.

4 fuckin days of crashes. everyone is pissed and no one can play. no information and no hotfix. gratz bi...

4 fuckin days of crashes. everyone is pissed and no one can play. no information and no hotfix. gratz bi...

You are pretty much spot on except for the "no information"-part. They acknowledged the problem, said they can reproduce it reliably and are hoping to bring out a hotfix.

@Austin:

Yes, it is en mass.

Today 10+ people disconnected in fight situations repeatedly.

Our players were not able to figure out a specific reason.

Some players say:

“I crash when I hit the fire buttonâ€

"I crash when i see explosions"

Other players say:

“The problem causes without any reasonâ€

I think there is no specific reason, because they would say the same things if there would be a specific animation,action or formation.

Our Community discussed about this things. The players were not able to find a common ground. We were not sure, if the player saw the the objects or animations.

I just hope for the BIS and Nvidia Pro's in the BIS Dev Team. I trust the developers, the test teams

and the players who deliver logs @ http://feedback.arma3.com/ (which is the best action to accelerate a solution

i crashed when i touch off charge on bobcat (didnt see explsoin, just crashed instantly)

Bought this game 2 days ago n cant play much longer than 30mins at a time cause it keeps crashing: Arma 3 has Stopped Working n then back to desktop

Crash report

Faulting application name: arma3.exe, version: 1.2.110.424, time stamp: 0x52440456

Faulting module name: PhysX3_x86.dll, version: 3.2.4.1, time stamp: 0x5164246f

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x000dedb7

Faulting process id: 0x1bdc

Faulting application start time: 0x01cebf5d0026ed90

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\PhysX3_x86.dll

Report Id: ab4c0cb0-2b54-11e3-8f56-00226838d2e7

Please let us know if a hotfix is close!!

Sorry forgot to say I have gigabyte 660 OC which is equivalent of nvidea 660ti it is not set to overclock but has a built in default that makes it overclocked, 4gb ram, intel core 2 Quad.

Edited by DavichGee

01-10-2013

EXE rev. 110573

Size: ~604 MB

We have finally found more useful debugging information for the main branch MP PhysX crash. We are still hoping to hotfix it once we have a confirmed fix.

Today's update may help, if and when it get's released... :)

From the dev log:

Unfortunately the patch also caused a multiplayer instability related to PhysX simulation. It has proven hard to debug since it involves external libraries. Our programmers have finally found useful debugging information, and once they have a confirmed fix, we hope to hotfix 1.02. Apologies to those not able to enjoy MP at the moment.

http://dev.arma3.com/sitrep-00028

Actually:

02-10-2013

EXE rev. 110653

Size: ~211 MB

Potential fix for the dreaded MP PhysX crash - we’d like to confirm it so we can hotfix main branch :)

Everyone, hop in: arma3.olutta.org:2502 with dev branch.

=Olut= SISU

how to get the dev branch?\

PS. never mind i already found. ignore this message

? The patch that is supposed to fix the physx crashes was released today to the dev branch.

The hotfix was released to main branch was released yesterday. It worried amazing on wasteland servers.

The hotfix was released to main branch was released yesterday. It worried amazing on wasteland servers.

? No. No hotfix patch has been released for "main" branch.There was a update/patch on last Friday. Only two updates for "Dev" branch has been released in the last 24hrs or so. With the "fix" for crashing in the second patch. DEV patches are always happening to put more content and fixes in.

Seriously now, how long is this hotfix going to take, the game is unplayable, the developers should not be going home until this is fixed, weve all paid money for software with a .dll that has a major bug, its laughable

They just should bring it live because it couldnt be worse than now! A few people said already that they dont crash but the thing is there are only ~10 players on the dev servers and on wasteland. Wasteland is a joke. It needs a "real" server with many explosions and many people who firing bullets.

They just should bring it live because it couldnt be worse than now! A few people said already that they dont crash but the thing is there are only ~10 players on the dev servers and on wasteland. Wasteland is a joke. It needs a "real" server with many explosions and many people who firing bullets.

I agree with it couldn't be worse than it is now. However, if it weren't for wasteland / dayz in arama II, I wouldn't even know what the hell Arma / BI was. Hotfix your so called 'stable' version and let's give this thing a real test.

Sincerely,

A newborn Armaholic trying to play the game he spent $60 on.

day 6 of crashing. Can notice less and less players on the servers (wasteland). 2 more days and its dead

A rollback option to the original version (pre PhysX issues) would have been a plus too. Then we could have all sh!t canned the first patch and kept on having fun.