Sign in to follow this  
NebulaePC

PhysX3_x86.dll Crash

Until now, got no crash on DEV build, but the server are empty most of the time (sadly), got few games but nothing much to report so far. Anyway i'll get back to stable build on the next patch to see if it has improved.

Any ETA for that ?

Until now, got no crash on DEV build, but the server are empty most of the time (sadly), got few games but nothing much to report so far. Anyway i'll get back to stable build on the next patch to see if it has improved.

Any ETA for that ?

Been told thru Arma twitter account that stable build update will hopefully be later this week

I noticed that it stutters for about a minute before (as opposed to my normal 35-40fps) before crashing. Don't know if that helps you figure out why it crashes.

please stop posting here w/o anything useful

as any crash related to the physx will look like that in Windows Error Reporting popup ...

i wrote here what's needed

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?150907-PhysX3_x86-dll-Crash&p=2510717&viewfull=1#post2510717

w/o providing crash dump files and RPT/LOG files it's no use of complaining about 'some crash' with generic info of 'physx' ...

either get them onto feedback tracker or send to my email ( mynicknamehereatforums a,t, bistudio d.o.t. com ) with subject [crash]

Dont release a game with major bugs like this and others (I will only say one word: Co-Pilot) that have been in since beginning of alpha and you will get less useless complain posts.

I shall happily send all my error logs to that emailadress you provided.

THE 3 related files you can find here: C:\Users\[NAME]\AppData\Local\Arma 3

This crash is just happened 5 minutes ago, after playing for 10 minutes...

http://www.file-upload.net/download-8119456/arma3_2013-09-27_16-17-12.zip.html

To play MP is senseless at the moment...

@dwarden: I dont know if it happens in all missions, but this happened in Annex Mission: http://www.file-upload.net/download-8119468/co35_AW_I_-_A_SKS.Altis.pbo.html

It happens since March in nearly all MP Missions.. Its not a rare problem, but most people dont know how to find out that its this prob. In fact I bet its the only crash Error that arma has at all. The server gives some random blabla message as error...

Dont you have those crashes too?? What MP Missions are you playing then?? Just log into an mp mission let you fly around idle and check back after 20 minutes should have plenty of crashes...

Just let the game run in the background...

Edited by tremanarch

Only started after updating to today's latest stable update:

rpt, mdmp and bidmp zipped here

Problem signature:
 Problem Event Name:	APPCRASH
 Application Name:	arma3.exe
 Application Version:	1.2.110.424
 Application Timestamp:	52440456
 Fault Module Name:	PhysX3_x86.dll
 Fault Module Version:	3.2.4.1
 Fault Module Timestamp:	5164246f
 Exception Code:	c0000005
 Exception Offset:	0010a749
 OS Version:	6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
 Locale ID:	3081
 Additional Information 1:	0a9e
 Additional Information 2:	0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
 Additional Information 3:	0a9e
 Additional Information 4:	0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:
 http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
 C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

feedback tracker tickets? why not create one and post the url there?

puh guys - i really wanna help out and that but pls - this is my rfee time.. imagine what i had to do:

find out the error was all the same by browsing forums recreating talking to people

find out where files are how they work etc

find the right thread

upload them after a crash etc find out which mission it was etc

if this error is too strong, or it will take more time its okay - but pls - this thread is okay - i dont know how to make feedback trackers and everything..

dwarden - just fire up the mp mode of arma join some I & A - hop in a helo, go back to desktop and do your work -and check every 30 minutes till it crashes - pretty easy to gather rpt files and such...

Latest stable update still crashed because of physx. Uploaded the crash dump to the ticket, the one is post #2 of this thread, by Dna (unless you want a new ticket for the new version?)

Edited by [EVO] Dan

+1 with this issue - same faulting module. Very much unplayable (crashing every 5-20 minutes).

Crash reports zipped and emailed off to Dwarden. Godspeed bistudio.

Only started after updating to today's latest stable update:
Same here. Ugh. Already uploaded my RPT, MDMP & BIDMP files from previous version.

*Edit*

Just rebooted and Steam did an update. Maybe it checks during gameplay to cause this? Going to turn that off and see how I get along.

*Edit*

Did not work. CTD anyway.

Edited by Kridian

Between me and seven other ZiiP members, we've crashed 15 times in the past two hours because of 'PhysX3_x86.dll'

This is since the 1gb patch and has never been so bad for any of us.

Did not the quantity of early access backers give BIS a healthy enough sample to identify these sorts of issues so they could be fixed before release? - If not, what exactly is the early access for? If it is just to pull in some extra revenue and get people buying in early and generating some noise about the game, you are missing a very, very big trick.

who ever is reporting physx crashes since stable update 1.02... did you guys switch from dev to stable 1.02? just wondering if there's any relation at all.

same here!

4 PhysX.dll crashes in 4 hrs of playing since updating from stable v1.00 to v1.02 (Fridays patch),was fine before yesterdays patch!

went and d/l the latest PhysX software from nvid site and installed...same issue,still getting crashes!

Edited by BiGGiBs

The physx crashing was bad before but now its even worse, well done BI. NEVER PATCH ON FUCKING FRIDAYS.

Another member of the ZiiP community thinks they may have tracked down the source of the crashes.

It is anecdotal, but he has only crashed out due to the Physx bug when he has been in the proximity of an explosion, and from memory, I remember hearing or seeing explosions most times I've crashed out.

In other instances, where I have not witnessed explosions, other members of the community in close to medium proximity have done and have immediate crashed out, along with most, if not all, of the players in that particular area of the map.

I must point out, this is happening in Wastelands in Multiplayer - The same community member who has pointed to explosions has been on an invasion server for most of today without any crashes despite more explosions than a Michael Bay movie.

I also played nearly an hour of SP last night after all the crashes made me give up with MP and did not have a crash.

Sharing in hope of being helpful, and I've pointed out that the theory is based on anecdote - Refrain from throat jumping please :)

Another member of the ZiiP community thinks they may have tracked down the source of the crashes.

It is anecdotal, but he has only crashed out due to the Physx bug when he has been in the proximity of an explosion, and from memory, I remember hearing or seeing explosions most times I've crashed out.

In other instances, where I have not witnessed explosions, other members of the community in close to medium proximity have done and have immediate crashed out, along with most, if not all, of the players in that particular area of the map.

I must point out, this is happening in Wastelands in Multiplayer - The same community member who has pointed to explosions has been on an invasion server for most of today without any crashes despite more explosions than a Michael Bay movie.

I also played nearly an hour of SP last night after all the crashes made me give up with MP and did not have a crash.

Sharing in hope of being helpful, and I've pointed out that the theory is based on anecdote - Refrain from throat jumping please :)

Which wasteland mod were you playing ?

Tried several from vanilla to Sa-Matra.
But which one(s) where the Boom to crashes happening?

Does wasteland have some non vanilla objects/effects?

All versions of wasteland I have played and now the Capture Island server I mentioned earlier - It took over an hour to crash on this server and was immediately preceeded by and exploding Ifrit.

As far as I am aware, there aren't any non-standard structures/objects/vehicles/weapons/items/general meshes in the Wastelands versions I have played.

The explosions crashes seem to be restricted to exploding vehicles or buildings - Grenades or missiles exploding on the ground don't seem to do it.

It could be a complete random coincidence but I thought I'd share.

Been crashing, I deleted my .vars.profile and it didn't crash for well over an hour, but still crashed, was playing I&A on the Ahoy world server. Have uploaded more crash dump to the ticket Dna specified. (I am sgtscuba over there)

please stop posting here w/o anything useful

as any crash related to the physx will look like that in Windows Error Reporting popup ...

i wrote here what's needed

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?150907-PhysX3_x86-dll-Crash&p=2510717&viewfull=1#post2510717

w/o providing crash dump files and RPT/LOG files it's no use of complaining about 'some crash' with generic info of 'physx' ...

either get them onto feedback tracker or send to my email ( mynicknamehereatforums a,t, bistudio d.o.t. com ) with subject [crash]

As others have posted I'm having crash issues after an hour or so of game-play. This has never happened to me before (this frequent) since the last stable patch (non dev). You wanted my crash files so I'm attaching them for you, hope this helps.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B70KE6LT-M_gNTRpUEwwcjBEbGs/edit?usp=sharing

**click the link then look to the top left where it says FILE...click that and look at the bottom it will say download.