Sign in to follow this  
NebulaePC

PhysX3_x86.dll Crash

Still getting the crashes with latest dev branch user, I have done the things the above user suggested but still it crashed after 20 -30 mins. Getting really annoyed that this issue still hasn't been fixed and that not a lot has been said about it (or even the possible reasons for it happening)

Edited by [EVO] Dan

Been having a look around the internet to see if anyone else has been having these issues with this game and other games. Heres something that you could perhaps try (trying these things myself):

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3096756

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/investigation-physx3_x86-dll-crashes-anyone.110317/

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2823576

Also wondering if disabling UAC or changing perms on the physx files will work (I am thinking that it is a write/read error perhaps)? Any dev's can help me with this?

Hello again,

I will check if some of the ideas listed in these threads help fixing this problem. Meanwhile my ArmA3 (Alpha & Beta) crashed 190 times in total since 05.03.13.

I was at the GamesCom yesterday and wanted to talk about this issue but they didn't know what I was talking about as if this issue is unknown. Anyway I think many users of this forum and other players who experience this crash every day would appreciate a short statement about the progress which was made (the past 5 1/2 months) since this issue is known. Many other issues were solved yet but this one is still present and extremly annoying. I really hope they fix it until 12th September.

What version of PhysX are you using currently? is it 09.13.0725?

whichever came with the latest nvidia drivers and the game, why, do you think that needs updating?

Found my version to be 9.13.0604, I take it it needs to be updated?

Edited by [EVO] Dan

Dan;2478162']

I take it it needs to be updated?

I'm uncertain that it'll do anything but updating would be a good thing to try' date=' download drivers here

Updated them, still crashing because of it, just taking a lot longer than before and not always crashing now. So at least its some improvement.

I've had similar crashes ever since first playing Alpha six months back, have a thread about it here.

And the newly released Nvidia 326.80 BETA drivers with the included PhysX 09.13.0725 and Microsoft .NET Framework 4 seem to have done the trick for me. Been playing for 15+ hours now without a single crash.

I highly recommend anyone having these crashes to try it out.

Edit:

Spoke to soon, still getting Physx crashes

Edited by Zokah

My ArmA3 crashes less often now, too. But still getting these crashes sometimes.

Nvidia 326.80 BETA drivers with the included PhysX 09.13.0725 and Microsoft .NET Framework 4

Highly recommendable!

I can now game for about 10-15 mins which means I can't play as 10-15 mins is the gear up and drop off at LZ.

I am running:

i7 2600k @ 4.8

16gig ripjaw ram

Evga 780 sli

This is the error I get in event viewer:

Faulting application name: arma3.exe, version: 0.77.109.704, time stamp: 0x522586cb

Faulting module name: PhysX3_x86.dll, version: 3.2.4.1, time stamp: 0x5164246f

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x001521cb

Faulting process id: 0x167c

Faulting application start time: 0x01cea94d3dd03da3

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\PhysX3_x86.dll

Report Id: 13a02832-1544-11e3-9890-002683327716

I have tried everything in the posts around the net and have even tried 4 different sets of drivers.

Is this just fully @#$%ed? and waiting a fix?

---------- Post added at 17:36 ---------- Previous post was at 17:31 ----------

Is this just going to be a wait till they fix it type bug as nothing works?

This is my error:

Faulting application name: arma3.exe, version: 0.77.109.704, time stamp: 0x522586cb

Faulting process id: 0x167c

Faulting application start time: 0x01cea94d3dd03da3

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\PhysX3_x86.dll

Report Id: 13a02832-1544-11e3-9890-002683327716

I am running:

i7 2600K @ 4.8

16GIG ripjaws

780 sli

So yea I get maybe 10-15mins play before crash and this is only the last few days so recent patch has stuffed this. I have also tried 4 different driver sets.

Happening to me too, same issue as those described before me.

From what I'm reading online it seems like this affects more than Arma :/

This is really making the game unplayable and I have pretty much everything in this thread (and others) to no avail.

EDIT: Can anyone confirm this only happens in multiplayer?

Edited by Alex6511

Yeah still crashing as per usual. Would be nice to hear a word on it from someone official. Like what's causing it and if you are working on any fix or just any info at all really.

I mean it cant be that hard to find the fault with so many crash logs and feedback tickets etc on the subject, right? Esp since it has been ongoing for more then six months now.

I know it's a beta and all but it kinda feels like preaching to deaf ears when you don't hear anything back.

this crash i getting on my nerves, today ( last 2 hours crashed 4 times ) , normally i can play pretty long before PhysX3_x86.dll Crash, some times it will not crash. idk.

ohh and always happends in multiplayer, i play cti type of maps mostly

Still happening:

Faulting application name: arma3.exe, version: 0.77.109.860, time stamp: 0x52296a4d
Faulting process id: 0x1244
Faulting application start time: 0x01cead3927fc70c9
Faulting application path: %steamdirectory%\steamapps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe
Faulting module path: %steamdirectory%\steamapps\common\Arma 3\PhysX3_x86.dll
Report Id: 515af216-1934-11e3-9bce-5404a64a837f

EDIT: Using NV 314.07 (stable 690 drivers, 320.49 perform poorly and cause BSOD)

Edited by Lord_OverKill

Still getting crashes, but not as often now, but still annoying and random. Latest stable drivers for nvidia and latest dev branch as of the day of this post.

if you getting crashes please upload compressed .mdmp , .bidmp and .rpt files from the crash into Arma 3 Feedback Tracker ...

Are most of the crash guys using SLI ? I see alot of SLI and dual-card(sli) in this thread.

I have room for a second card. But don't actually have a second card.

@Dwarden, I have been uploading them as and when I get a good number of them. My name over on the tracker is sgtscuba. To this ticket I added download links to the comments.

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=2636

Edited by [EVO] Dan

if you getting crashes please upload compressed .mdmp , .bidmp and .rpt files from the crash into Arma 3 Feedback Tracker ...

Hi Dwarden, I have uploaded my dumps before for this same issue and had the ticket closed with no resolution.. I will open a new ticket ;)

Feedback added to existing issue posted by other. This appears to be ongoing across many versions of A3.

Edited by Lord_OverKill

Dear Bohemia,

Just remove PhysX from the game... clearly NVidia don't have their... "poop" together, and nobody really cares about PhysX anyway.

This same crash affects numerous other games for many users and NVidia have done literally nothing to fix it.

(This not being fixed yet leads me to believe it's not in Bohemia's hands, therefore ticket making and crashdumps won't help).

Signed,

A Bohemia fan since 2001.

Its strange though that I only get physx crashes for A3. I don't get them in KSP (uses physx 2 as I recall) or Planetside 2 (physx 3).

I did change my launch params to include the -maxmem command and set it to 4096, I have 8gb of RAM, and it has seemed to extend the period of time between crashes. (from 20-30 mins to about 2-3 hours)

If you Google PhysX3_X86.dll crash you'll see people having issues with ARMA 3 (obviously), Planetside 2, and the Metro games, etc.

So it's not limited to ARMA 3.

I mean, I never had issues with any other games, but some people out there do... leading me to believe this is out of Bohemia's hands.

I tried the -maxmem command and my crashes are unchanged... still every 5-20 minutes. :/

Well they wont be scraping PhzX. It to much of what they do in the game. And its only NV cards that have the issue.AMD cards use the CPU version as NV does in this game,but for some reason NV's driver wants to use the card...and NV's drivers PhzX DLL is written to the registry...on install. It used to be just uninstall the NV PhzX part, and delete anything left, but its not working well that way now. That being said, nobody on our server with NV cards is having this issue or has had this issue.. We are on the Dev. So its more than just NV's DLL...and driver. It may come down to some permission/.net thang?

---------- Post added at 08:13 ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 ----------

Dan;2497349']Its strange though that I only get physx crashes for A3. I don't get them in KSP (uses physx 2 as I recall) or Planetside 2 (physx 3).

I did change my launch params to include the -maxmem command and set it to 4096' date=' I have 8gb of RAM, and it has seemed to extend the period of time between crashes. (from 20-30 mins to about 2-3 hours)[/quote'] The games you mention use the card for the PhzX, A3 uses the CPU.

If the problem is that it's trying to use the card you could go to the nvidia control panel and set the physX processor to cpu.

If the problem is that it's trying to use the card you could go to the nvidia control panel and set the physX processor to cpu.

Afaik, ArmA 3 physx is only cpu and impossible to have it run on your gpu. Have tried those options though, kept crashing anyway.

Think I've tried everything possible and left a ticket with all logs a couple months back. If i keep crashing come release I'll just take a long brake and see if another six months will see any fix.