Sign in to follow this  
Fuzzy Bandit

[AhoyWorld.co.uk] co40 AW Invade & Annex

Hehe it's a very cool script, but I'll include things like revive when they're polished. The UI when respawning was a little confusing, so when it's in a more finished state I'll slam it in, as you say, as a parameter.

I could not improve it without feedback, so your thoughts are more than welcome! ;)

But i'm off topic here ;)

We tried this mission a few times, last time yesterday with version 2.80.1.

There are a few things I want to say about this mission.

First, I have to say, that all of the Dominations out there, this is the best we tested. But there a a few things that make the mission unplayable for some of us. There are two features in Xenos Domination wich are essential for a Domination at least for me and the clan I'm playing with. That's revive and MHQ.

As for the revive-script, I don't know, what you mean by confusing. The last mission with revive (I don't know if they used the =BTC= script) was Dynamic_War_Sandbox_[VG]_v14n Public and there was neither a problem nor a confusing UI.

Maybe we just didn't find the MHQ. So, if there is one, where is it? If not, why?

If someone needs version with mhq and revive go and join my server: pawel arma, pass is: pop , while connecting it will download modified mission. I also modified AI skill (a bit lower than original).

Edited by PawelKPL
added more info

This mission has now been re-branded to co30 AW Invade & Annex 2.81. This and all future versions will be named Invade & Annex

First, I have to say, that all of the Dominations out there, this is the best we tested.

Always good to hear such praise. Thank you.

But there a a few things that make the mission unplayable for some of us. There are two features in Xenos Domination wich are essential for a Domination at least for me and the clan I'm playing with. [...] That's revive and MHQ. Maybe we just didn't find the MHQ. So, if there is one, where is it? If not, why?

I agree entirely. I'll explain my two decisions briefly here (please note that all of these things are "in my opinion", of course). In regards to the MHQ, Stratis is too small to warrant instant teleportation to the action. When Altis is released we'll instantly include an MHQ (I have a script I've written all set up and ready), but for the moment the chopper pilots are enough.

As for the revive-script, I don't know, what you mean by confusing. The last mission with revive (I don't know if they used the =BTC= script) was Dynamic_War_Sandbox_[VG]_v14n Public and there was neither a problem nor a confusing UI.

To be fair to those who requested it and its creator, I only tested the script for ~5 minutes, so my view of it may well be skewed. When testing, I found that, upon death, I would receive a strange camera angle with the word "Respawn" stuck on the screen. It took me a while to figure out I had to press SPACE as I didn't seem to have a cursor. Upon respawning I'd get some strange view of the sky before appearing back at base.

While the mechanics worked fine, I'd rather include something that was a little more intuitive. As I said above, my view of it may well be skewed, but the script is very easy to add to your mission, so it's extremely easy to whack it on to our I&A.

Giallustio - I'll PM you regarding a few suggestions I might have and you can correct me on my skewed view! :D

This mission is a lot of fun and I enjoy it throrougly. :D

One question remains though: where is the OPFOR version? :P :P Personally, I think it sucks that you can only play as NATO in these high profile large scale COOP missions so far.

Hi, I took the liberty of changing the mission and "updated" it with the new VAS 0.9.

Could you guys add the new VAS to the official mission?

Thanks.

I have jumped on the AW server from time to time and the mission is definitely a good one. Well done. Registering as I post this.

I tried to edit the mission and add ACRE boxes to our dedicated server (-server) but for some odd reason noone can pick up any radios from the boxes. The server works fine with other "ACRE improved" missions but not this one. If I host the mission locally on my computer it works, but not dedicated.

What's even more strange is that it works for a few seconds after the mission is just started but then stops. I've tried to find anything in the scripts regarding this but no luck.

Any ideas?

Grrr choppers are no longer respawning since latest update :-(

Grrr choppers are no longer respawning since latest update :-(

yup, they removed certain scripting commands in order to improve security, and the normal vehicle respawn script uses them, and hence it has borken the respawn

This guy is taking the piss, there is no way to download this mission and no way to get it from the links he displays unless your willing to get spammed or go through some stupid captcha system that asks for all your details then starts texting you on your mobile at they charge you £1.50 per text they send you.

WARNING STAY WELL AWAY FROM THIS GUY AND I HAVE REPORTED HIM TO ADMINS FOR MISS USE OF THE ARMA 3 WEB SITE.

This guy is taking the piss, there is no way to download this mission and no way to get it from the links he displays unless your willing to get spammed or go through some stupid captcha system that asks for all your details then starts texting you on your mobile at they charge you £1.50 per text they send you.

WARNING STAY WELL AWAY FROM THIS GUY AND I HAVE REPORTED HIM TO ADMINS FOR MISS USE OF THE ARMA 3 WEB SITE.

lolz...it took me two minutes to register and download mission. Cant say as I've received any spam as a result of registering.

add this to your weapon boxes please:

clearMagazineCargo this;
clearWeaponCargo this;

You sure you got the right website address ? :confused:

I've been registered and active on http://www.ahoyworld.co.uk since March 26th and never recieved a single email from them :) There are no adverts or any rules forcing you to be active/donate etc

It's a well run community and active with new posts each hour, Rarek always listens to criticism, feedback and ideas from the community.

Also what's wrong with this > AW Invade & Annex Co-40 [ALPHA]

Edited by Richie

Please don't spread this kind of thing, MickyTek. Ahoy World has never and will never do anything like this. In fact, it was not even our intention to disable guest downloading (we had moved to the topic to a different forum which had such features disabled) and all guests can now (once again) download the mission without having to register.

Also, please look to our newly-released 2.86 REVIVE version. Vehicle respawns are fixed and there's a ridiculous amount of new features. Check the Armaholic page or our site for a changelog and download links.

Hey! We are running your mission and did a few edits.. (you´re still credited :P ) WE Love it! Thank you for that! :)

We did face some Bugs with BTC Revive. Did you change anything lately in the 2.86 Version? Also your 'rearm' script was missing rearming Ammo for the Vehicles. Or was that intended?

Best Regards,

Hammer

We did face some Bugs with BTC Revive. Did you change anything lately in the 2.86 Version?

We haven't changed anything in regards to the Revive scripts. Which bugs have you been experiencing? I've reported a few to the developer but the release that was supposed to fix one issue created ten others.

Also your 'rearm' script was missing rearming Ammo for the Vehicles. Or was that intended?

That's intended for now. There's been tonnes of requests for it, but having CAS choppers / armed vehicles with the ability to rearm would prove much too powerful; the enemy only has infantry and jeeps right now, so we've left it out to try and keep some balance. Once enemies have better defenses (especially AA units), we'll introduce re-arming choppers and vehicles to the scripts.

But whats the point of armed hunters and ah9s without rearm anyway? One time ah9? Maybe you could use something like domination vehicle service but with "huge" rearming time.

But whats the point of armed hunters and ah9s without rearm anyway? One time ah9? Maybe you could use something like domination vehicle service but with "huge" rearming time.

Just add the rearm bays yourself :) That's what we did.

Rarek makes an exellent mission but some things we wanted to change, what works for one clan might not on another.

Is the MHQ part of a mission or did I just run into custom version? Basically it completely ruined my experience as a transport pilot. Hated it in Arma 2 Domi as well, hopefully it's not part of this one.