Sign in to follow this  
Fuzzy Bandit

[AhoyWorld.co.uk] co40 AW Invade & Annex

Heya lads.

I will update the version uploaded here at the same time as our development thread over at Ahoy World, but the change log will stay there. The only important thing is that, regardless of what you do with this mission, you keep our branding and credit on the mission. Editing other people's maps is the best way to learn and the best way to create an individual experience for your players, but it's quite another thing when (as we've already had a LOT of communities do) you simply rename the mission and claim it as your own.

Please find below a link to our current co40 AW Stratis Domination 2.86 REVIVE mission and a link to the development thread on our forums.

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD / VIEW DEVELOPMENT THREAD

Edited by Fuzzy Bandit
thread renamed as requested

Heya lads.

I assume that, like pretty much all of us at Ahoy World, many of you are fans of the old ways of Domination. So, from release (and in-between applying for jobs and lovely RL things like that) we've been working on a mission that, so far, plays and feels just like the old Domination by Xeno. Now it's important to note that we're trying to constantly develop this and make it the best we can, so please report any bugs you find either here or at www.AhoyWorld.co.uk and keep throwing suggestions.

I will update the version uploaded here at the same time as our development thread over at Ahoy World, but the change log will stay there. The only important thing is that, regardless of what you do with this mission, you keep our branding and credit on the mission. Editing other people's maps is the best way to learn and the best way to create an individual experience for your players, but it's quite another thing when (as we've already had a LOT of communities do) you simply rename the mission and claim it as your own.

Please find below a link to our current co30 AW Stratis Domination 2.75 mission and a link to the development thread on our forums.

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD / VIEW DEVELOPMENT THREAD

Call that an irony. You could have called it anyways you'd please. Why did you call it domination then?

The Domination game mode is undoubtedly a creation by Xeno. Seeing as he's not going to be creating another one, we're remaking it for ArmA 3. It's built from the ground up; no code taken from the old Domination what-so-ever.

When trying to download the mission - "sorry you dont have permission for that" ??????

The Domination game mode is undoubtedly a creation by Xeno. Seeing as he's not going to be creating another one, we're remaking it for ArmA 3. It's built from the ground up; no code taken from the old Domination what-so-ever.

That is not what i was asking. if you are building it from ground up, why don't you call it differently? Out of my own curiosity anyways

Dorph;2346849']When trying to download the mission - "sorry you dont have permission for that" ??????

Just register, it is free. I,ve tried this mission and it is a good one.

Just register, it is free. I,ve tried this mission and it is a good one.

Seriously?

Edit:

Yeah sure, register and play funny captcha games, before you can download. -.-

I'll wait for a free download link, before we try this mission on our servers...

Edited by Predator.v2

That is not what i was asking. if you are building it from ground up, why don't you call it differently? Out of my own curiosity anyways

While the code is our own, we want to re-create the Domination game mode. If we called it something different, people wouldn't know that it's a re-creation of Domination.

Laammeee!!

Get the fuck out of here, i'm not signing up on the site JUST to get this mission. Change that :mad: :rage:

Domination is all I played in Arma2, and I only played a heavily modded version in offline in lan mode, saving and reloading for days until completed! I am overjoyed to see the legend continued -- Hope that this works in lan like Arma2! THANKS!!

Edited by tedbell

Out of respect for Xeno (no offense) but if it does'nt have his label it aint worth playing it. If I play at all been playin it since ArmA1 an kinda burnt out 8)-

The discussion of why it is named domination is one thing but releasing a mission to the community...but actually using it as a tool to get more registered accounts on your site is not something I agree with. I understand wanting to advertise the group who have done the work but that recognition should be gained from the players who enjoyed the mission and came along to your site on their own accord.

The arma community has always been quite open in my experience when it came to missions and editing and I don't think this is the way to go.

Please upload this mission to a free dl host. If it is a good mission there is a good chance I would register on your forums to follow the development... But this is what this thread would usually be used for.

I hope to have the opportunity to host your mission on my server soon.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

You all know, that you can download missions by joining public servers where the mission is running, right?

After that you'll just have to copy them from your MPmission cache in your AppData to the MPMissions folder in the ARMA 3 folder.

If someone like Xeno creates a new gamemode, it would be stupid to call missions with that gamemode otherwise, be it completelly own code, or just derivates.

Apologies to all those who had issues downloading; it was not our intention to disallow downloading the file for guests. This is now fixed and all users can download the mission.

Glad to hear some one is working on a version. Keep up the good work, I look forward to trying it out!

I really enjoy Domination, happy to see it back no matter who makes it.

Nice work guys.

Anyone else having issues loading this mission? It's either taking for_friggin_ever! Or it does simply not load at all (client hangup). Running this on a dedi server if it makes a difference.

Anyone else having issues loading this mission? It's either taking for_friggin_ever! Or it does simply not load at all (client hangup). Running this on a dedi server if it makes a difference.
not me, I do have dedicated server. Do you run dev updated server or stable version ?

Updated this mission to 2.80.1, fixing quite a few issues.

[25 - 03 - 2013] Stratis Domination Version 2.80.1 | Change Log

• Added 8 thermal imaging modes to the UAV
  • UAVs are now available to players the entire time, though will display an "UNAVAILABLE" hint if an AO's radio tower is still present
  • Coloured the "Activate Personal UAV" action to make it more obvious
  • Dead bodies / destroyed vehicles are now deleted after 10 minutes, helping to keep the server clean
  • Enemy stragglers in captured AOs will be deleted after 15 minutes, helping to keep the server clean
  • Fixed issue where multiple markers would appear after server had been running for a long time
  • Introduced Tonic's Virtual Ammobox System, allowing players to easily select / equip gear and save/load gear loadouts. This will also resolve the issue where players simply dropped items at the ammobox, flooding the place with empty magazines and weapons
  • Did NOT introduce the =BTC= Revive script. Not everybody will want this and, if you do, it's easy enough to add yourself
  • Added "Side Missions". Side missions are separate missions that run paralell to the generated AOs, providing players with something else to accomplish which will reward the team with extra, more powerful vehicles. This currently includes 3 missions and 1 sub-mission, each of which will be chosen at random and spawn in a completely new position every single time. A large array of side mission types will be created with future releases
  • Introduced many new sound clips (mainly for the "Talk to Contact" Sub-Side Mission). I may remove these in a later version to reduce filesize.
  • Side Missions have a 15 - 30 minute delay between each mission
  • Included more JIP marker checks
  • Introduced a random 10 seconds - 2 minute wait in-between AOs
  • 13 random wrecks now spawn in random places across the island
  • Fixed issue where players could, in-between an AO being completed and one being created, use their UAVs to view the new target before the radio tower was created
  • Begun to add in a few admin actions, allow admins to skip bugged AOs / side missions
  • Numerous small bug fixes and cleaning up of code

Syonco - it seems to work fine for our server and quite a few others. Maybe check the server's arma.rpt for errors?

Disregard the "taking forever to load" comment, that was on my end - somehow :) Guessing this mission will need an update since the new arma3 patch that just came out? (unable to check myself atm)

[*]Did NOT introduce the =BTC= Revive script. Not everybody will want this and, if you do, it's easy enough to add yourself

Funny! ;)

I think the best it's make it optional by param and let players choose, or not?

Funny! ;)

I think the best it's make it optional by param and let players choose, or not?

Hehe it's a very cool script, but I'll include things like revive when they're polished. The UI when respawning was a little confusing, so when it's in a more finished state I'll slam it in, as you say, as a parameter.

I only really put that in the patch notes because a lot of people requested it and I'd said earlier that I'd include it in the next major release. :)

Good mission, thanx.

If i may put a suggestion - make "only pilots can fly" a lobby parameter too.

As there are no mhq mission comes to a halt if no pilotslots taken.

Also - disabledAI = 1; - by default as if no admin on restart there will be lots of ai

not being used for anything.

p.s - I am looking forward to revive too ;)

Edited by [HUD]Dorph