I will help you even a little.

Color of light ArmA3

color[] = {8000,6500,3500};

color800065003500_zps57f6cb78.jpg

color[]={3400,3200,4400};

color340032004400_zps5b8051e9.jpg

color[]={7000,7500,10000};

color7000750010000_zpsfe79f09c.jpg

I have just simple reskin, but I can't figure out why this car won't show up in game

class Offroad_01_base_F;

class Hunter_Offroad : Offroad_01_base_F {
		crew = "HunterBase";
		faction = Hunters;
		side = 2;
		displayName = "Offroad";
		hiddenSelectionsTextures[] = {"\Hunters\Data\tech\offroad_hntr.paa"};

Am I doing something wrong? I reskinned multiple vehicles, but this is the only one that doesn't work...

scope = 2; missing

always better inherit from unit classes rather than base classes

Yea, scope was the problem...

But does anyone know what should I do when I want to texture gunpods and interior of pawnee? I have the textures, I tried various camoX, but it will use default textures for accesories or even use base civilian texture for heli.

Is there any way how can I modify the armor of a car?

For example, I have this civilian SUV and I would like to make it more bulletproof.

Can I simply change it with something like armor = 50000000, or is it more complex?

Great stuff pettka and Lukáš :bounce3: We need more of this. :)

Thanks! Now we just need more PhysX in the vehicles and the revision of some simulation classes (tankX is the worst, to start with).

As for the rest, at least the sample classes included with tools should be commented to some degree to help, it takes some time to do a proper documentation. That is why I don't promise anything until it is done :icon_twisted:

The switch time describes how long it takes (in seconds) for a gear change to be completed. [...] A good trick might be to penalise players that use an automatic gear box by increasing the gear switch time.

So, when can we change to manual transmission ? :p

But in all seriousness - it would be awesome. Even semi automatic (means - shift up and down manually if you engage the "transfer to manual shifting" hotkey or option, clutch is taken care of automatically because of automatic gearbox) would be a big step.

The Arma driving aspect could be almost as fun as

, minus the simulated mud. From the nvidia documentation it seems as if Physx should easily handle such features. We know there are priorities, but imo this would be definitely something once the initial problems are solved. Not just the flyboys like improved simulation, you know :P
Now we just need more PhysX in the vehicles and the revision of some simulation classes (tankX is the worst, to start with).

This a 100 times... Wheeled APC's, with proper configs (thanks RedPhoenix), are way better in cross country then tanks atm...

Edited by Fennek

So, when can we change to manual transmission ? :p

You are actually able to switch the transmission to semi-auto and manual, but there just is not any way to set any controller to that :icon_twisted:

Is there a way to view gearbox and engine data (some kind of script) ingame for your vehicle? It would immensely help to actually see what's going on...

My vehicle currently only drives at 5kph and i have no idea what's wrong with it, modified everything but to no avail.

I have similar problem with my vehicle engine and gearbox configuration. I followed this Tutorial-Creating-Custom-Engine-Gearbox-and-Suspension-Vehicle-config.

It seems like vehicle is driving at 1st gear and is unable to shift up to second gear. I tried to set clutchStrength parameter to different values with unsatisfactory result.

I've had downshift issues (stuck in third on incline) but not upshift, pm me your config I can take a peek if you like

I'm having trouble getting the LAV25 from the sample models to work.

When using simulation="car" it works fine, but with simulation="carx" there's just no way to make it move.

At first i thought maybe it was some problem with the model spawning below the terrain so i tried changing elevation in the editor.

What happens then is it stays frozen in mid-air.

Basically, i get in driver position, push "W", the engine starts and the exhaust works fine when accellerating, steering works fine, it just won't move.

I followed the guide, added the "Geometry Phys" LOD, deleted the wheels, still nothing.

I googled if anyone had the same problem and read that someone suggested to scale back the wheels in geometry LOD, still no results.

Is there any known common problem for the "old" A2 sample models when being ported to A3?

Also, where can i find informations about buoyancy and how to setup proper amphibious operation? When in water the vehicle tends to roll over, do i have to create another LOD?

i'm having the same problem, except its for a tank (in tank thread):

stuck in first reverse and forward gear and not able to shift up to higher gear...

I also don't understand this line from the wiki:

Value of minimal gear effectivity to hold current gear. If there is better gear and effectivity is below this value then change gear. It is an array of effectivities ordered by gears in complex gearbox. Neutral should have rather low effectivity (0.15 seems to be a good value), drive gears should have rather high value (around 0.95) to prevent switching gears too often

Lets assume there is a better gear. The effectivity is below the value i set, then it changes gear. That means the lower i set the efficiency value, the later the gear will be switched.

So why "drive gears should have rather high value (around 0.95) to prevent switching gears too often" ? This contradicts itself, or is it not? If the value would be high the gear would "already" be shifted at 0.95% efficiency. So either the first case is wrong or the example is wrong.

Edited by Fennek

Is there a way to view gearbox and engine data (some kind of script) ingame for your vehicle? It would immensely help to actually see what's going on...

My vehicle currently only drives at 5kph and i have no idea what's wrong with it, modified everything but to no avail.

No, there is no way to grasp this ingame. Have already tried and talked to some people :(

I have similar problem with my vehicle engine and gearbox configuration. I followed this Tutorial-Creating-Custom-Engine-Gearbox-and-Suspension-Vehicle-config.

It seems like vehicle is driving at 1st gear and is unable to shift up to second gear. I tried to set clutchStrength parameter to different values with unsatisfactory result.

Could you send me your the class complexGearbox, your clutchStrength and the torqueCurve via PM?

Might take a look at it.

No, there is no way to grasp this ingame. Have already tried and talked to some people :(

Yesterday i remembered there was a thread about improving vehicle handling/ the off-road in particular. A dev chimed in and showed a screen from a script which reads out stuff like rpm, gear, etc.

I can't remember who it was, where the thread is located and if he made it available. It could be in the Alpha/Beta forum - i forgot. I have searched an hour yesterday for it, but couldn't find it.

I hope the devs can release the script, so we can debug our vehicles... pleeeeaaase BIS.

Yesterday i remembered there was a thread about improving vehicle handling/ the off-road in particular. A dev chimed in and showed a screen from a script which reads out stuff like rpm, gear, etc.

I can't remember who it was, where the thread is located and if he made it available. It could be in the Alpha/Beta forum - i forgot. I have searched an hour yesterday for it, but couldn't find it.

I hope the devs can release the script, so we can debug our vehicles... pleeeeaaase BIS.

It was pettka when we prodded him on the behavior of the gearboxes on the sloped terrain.

What you saw was probably a part of the internal debug tools that pop up very often when technical matters are concerned, like "Report In!" blogs and whatnot. I agree, it would be very nice to be able to use a command line switch or a separate exe that contains many of these debug outputs/visualizations, especially when we're dealing with data that cannot be visualized without such tools.

It was pettka when we prodded him on the behavior of the gearboxes on the sloped terrain.

What you saw was probably a part of the internal debug tools that pop up very often when technical matters are concerned, like "Report In!" blogs and whatnot. I agree, it would be very nice to be able to use a command line switch or a separate exe that contains many of these debug outputs/visualizations, especially when we're dealing with data that cannot be visualized without such tools.

I'll sign that straight away.

What I'm interested in admittedly would be documentation for airplaneX... hopefully before the third campaign episode and the BLUFOR/OPFOR jets. They will use airplaneX, I imagine...?