Sign in to follow this  
Antmf

Need some advice New to this series

Hiya all, I am new to this type of game and I do know that this is the Arma forums but can anyone tell me how this compares to battlefield 3. I am leaning toward Arma 3 but just wanted to know how realistic this game is and is mulitplayer a lagfest? For the people that have played both please let me know. Thanks...

Hiya all, I am new to this type of game and I do know that this is the Arma forums but can anyone tell me how this compares to battlefield 3. I am leaning toward Arma 3 but just wanted to know how realistic this game is and is mulitplayer a lagfest? For the people that have played both please let me know. Thanks...
Depends re: what you mean realism... infantry control and weapons are closer to BF3 than Arma 2 (bluntly speaking, thank gosh for that!) but you have more versatility in what you can do than in BF3; for example, BF3 doesn't have stuff like switching between long range scopes and top mounted CQB sights, or adjusting your stance to better hide behind certain cover. Vehicles aren't that realistic besides having limited, non- regenerating ammo and a simulation of positional damage, but there's plans to add a MP3 realistic flight model for helicopters later.

As for multiplayer lag... there aren't proper dedicated servers yet, so lag varies... a LOT.

Please search before starting a new thread. There is an existing thread and unpredictable indicated :)