Sign in to follow this  
dasquared

Joining Multiplayer - How can I slect where I spawn and what weapons I have?

Hello all - new to ArmA series. I was curious if it is possible to select my spwan point when I first join a server, as well as select my weapons/kit/loadout. I have no issues once I die in doing this, but hate spawning at the base with a default rifleman kit, usually without vehicles and 2 km and five objectives away (I usually play blitzkreig/hold games). When I enter the soldier selection screen, all of the soldiers are listed as "rifleman"...

Other notes - I did search by a number of terms, without success in finding a solution - if there is a link to another post of the same topic, please let me know.

Some servers are running a persistent ammobox script, which allows players to save loadouts and retrieve them with a few simple clicks, but until a mod like Arma 2's LEA is released, its all gonna be server dependent on that.

If you were in the sort of "hold" mission that I was in last night, then look around for a big crate -- moving to/looking at it added "Open Gear Menu" to my action menu, which I believe was how to make use of said "persistent ammobox script".

Again though, this is server-dependent and mission-dependent -- "spawn select" and "my loadouts/classes" are not fundamental Arma features (due to how versatile the Editor is).

There was no persistent ammobox there...

I was hoping there would be such a feature - it can be selected after your first death, and every death after, but not initial entry into the game it seems. That aaspect seems inconsistent and illogical.

The location of your starting point and the equipment made available to you is defined by the mission maker and nothing to do with the server

There was no persistent ammobox there...

I was hoping there would be such a feature - it can be selected after your first death, and every death after, but not initial entry into the game it seems. That aaspect seems inconsistent and illogical.

This is ENTIRELY down to the guy who made the mission, not to the game itself.

The game offers all the tools needed to fullfill your wishes, it's then dependant on the mission you play and how the mission maker envisionned how it would play.

From what you describe, you may talk about the Blitzkrieg missions which indeed spawn you at the starting base often remote from action. If this is the case, there should be a crate from where you can select your gear, and chose to respawn to another better location.

If you have suggestion or remarks about Blitzkrieg, head over there : http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?147635-Blitzkrieg-for-A3-%28PvP-Game-Mode%29-%28based-on-AAS%29

If the mission was NOT blitzkrieg, you'll have to hunt here in the forum for the thread about the mission (most often, missions played regularly on the A3 servers are found with their own threads on the A3 User Missions subforum).

BI is not best known for making the most played out MP missions on their game. They release an engine which permits almost everything to be done in terms of possible missions, and the players themselves come up with the innovative ideas. In turns, it means you often go for mission makers instead of BI for asking for features ;)

What Terox and dasquared said: "it's dependant on the mission you play and how the mission maker envisionned how it would play."

Hell, some missions don't have respawn at all (it's literally "one life until the end of the mission, either from objectives being completed, objectives failing enough to end the mission, or the admin ending the match manually") or even ammo boxes at the start.

Thanks all - And I'ds actually like to find no respawn servers myself...