[GLT] Legislator

GLT Mod for ArmA 3 - Work in Progress

Not all the german army stuff, but the first huge load of content.

Confirmed (fictional) german armed forces stuff:

- helmets, hats, shemag

- vests, belts

- backpacks

- uniforms

- Oshkosh JLTV variants

- LGS Fennek variants

- AMV-7 Marshall aka Karakal 1a5

- basic infantry

- snipers

- divers

- boats (no retexture)

- UH-80 variants

- most vehicles and uniforms have a dirty textured version as well!

The first missions including this content will be published later :p maybe in 3 episodes :p

If I encounter no heavy issues this evening, the release might be tomorrow ;)

Did I mention that every mission is available for single- and multiplayer? :p

Legislator;2507276']Not all the german army stuff' date=' but the first huge load of content.

Confirmed (fictional) german armed forces stuff:

- helmets, hats, shemag

- vests, belts

- backpacks

- uniforms

- Oshkosh JLTV variants

- LGS Fennek variants

- AMV-7 Marshall aka Karakal 1a5

- basic infantry

- snipers

- divers

- boats (no retexture)

- UH-80 variants

- most vehicles and uniforms have a dirty textured version as well!

The first missions including this content will be published later :p maybe in 3 episodes :p[/quote']

Ó.ò :butbut: But... but... that is not all? XD You intent to do all the Bundeswehr? Awesome!

Ó.ò :butbut: But... but... that is not all? XD You intent to do all the Bundeswehr? Awesome!

This not exactly true. I create a fictional german armed forces unit of the 2030s called GLT (my ArmA squad) based on the NTET (Nato Technology Exchange Treaty) that allows to share technology because of the increasing threat of the CSAT. Reskin simply explained :p

--> the currently used weapons are only placeholders

--> HEMTT and IFV-6 currently have hidden selection issues thus not allowing different textures

--> I plan to use MH-9, AH-9, Merlin HC3, Comanche, Gorgon, M2A1 Slammer, M4 Scorcher and M5 Sandstorm too, however maybe under different names

Despite the current political situation in germany there will be drones :p

jbjA3ysD6cuCNb_xs.jpg - jzr0TSUb2ByAs_xs.jpg

And there are more goods news. Kiory gave me permission to add his balaclava files to my mod. I won't change his files, but I required it for the infantry.

j15yUxHQiHONr_xs.jpg - jNvLHraggu7H4_xs.jpg

As always looking great mate.

Looking forward to this

cheers

Artillery

jbsxdwUpWZvTzm_xs.jpg - jwFvaRdOb90vV_xs.jpg - jbmCxxM3bcM7rF_xs.jpg

In the next few days I'm trying to get rid of the digi camo of the Merlin HC3. I'd like to apply something else for the GLT Merlin.

GLT Littlebirds in 3 variants: armed, unarmed with closed doors and unarmed with seats outside. Each version comes in black and green color.

jyyCBPTwsRMQW_xs.jpg - jx7dfAEjEvv1r_xs.jpg - jbgJ9Q9tDHePu6_xs.jpg - jbzpsE4BGw56cN_xs.jpg

can't wait for a nice update,

would it be possible to change the island name back to original (lemnos to Altis) and make it optional to change the island name ?

can't wait for a nice update,

would it be possible to change the island name back to original (lemnos to Altis) and make it optional to change the island name ?

Sure, no problem. It's only a few lines of code which can be outsourced without much work.

Static weapons and their corresponding backpacks have been created. As well as those birds!

jWDlgvTU3XaC2_xs.jpg - jbvE6sBFioQYpE_xs.jpg - jb1kWelRzinVzc_xs.jpg

jb1cOv2YOygLlX_xs.jpg - jXm5HOuwQk3qQ_xs.jpg - jbaY1yVjm6FmE_xs.jpg

Next step: weapon and ammo crates + next check on the HEMTT and the camo nets.

Legislator;2514295']GLT Merlin HC3' date=' It was the pure hell to get rid of the digi camo texture![/quote']

Wonder what your method there was? I generally would start with a combination of the _as and _nohq to get the base texture. Retexturing anything withouth having access to source files is a tedious job indeed.

Great progress, it should be a fun mod ;)

It was no magic at all, but hard work. Basicly I used the texture of the Merlin in a photoshop layer and put my layer above it. Then I applied the new color to it step by step. I only had to be careful with the edges. Because of the digi camo I could not simply alter the color settings like on the Comanche. The comanche texture was created within minutes, the Merlin texture took me near a week.

Well, the plan was today. But life isn't sticking to plans, isn't it? ;) I feel like crap right now and need some rest. I try to take on everything tomorrow.

Hi all,

I haven't forgot about you ;) Here's a small overview of the things you can expect in GLT Mod 1.12.

jCImr80GPlySl_xs.jpg - ji6TQwyXj5YXu_xs.jpg

jbkX3m8pwgFr7W_xs.jpg - jVnmKNSv90s9P_xs.jpg

Also, GLT Mission 01 for Altis / Lemnos is ready. From now on most Altis missions will feature a long and a short version. You can select the version via mission parameter. In the long version you always start at the FOS Bismarck and have access to most vehicles and weapons, but you might have a long way to travel with unknown threats on the way to the target. In the short version you are starting close to the target area, but with fewer support options and (if necessary) additional tasks. The default task function had been replaced by a more solid function created by BTK (sxp2high) and there's also a new first aid system work in progress (also by BTK) which will replace BTC revive. Of course the Altis missions are available for SP mode as well!

Hey Legislator,

I really do not want to be an ass or something, but you might get in trouble by using copyright protected material like the BMW logo and so on... These creepy lawyers giving out adhortatory letters are everywhere...

Nice work though!

You have a valid point. Guess I have rework it again at least for the BMW sign. But that's why this thread is considered to show only work in progress stuff. Thanks for opening my eyes. ;)

Legislator;2534090']You have a valid point. Guess I have rework it again at least for the BMW sign. But that's why this thread is considered to show only work in progress stuff. Thanks for opening my eyes. ;)

You can always send BMW an email, as the mod is for free and is good advertisment... They won't probably have much problems.

Logos are not copyrighted, they are trademark. And as such, they should be usable in fair use context without the owners consent. In this case work of fiction and/or entertainment/education purposes with no monetary gain.

Disclaimer

Even where a non-owner’s use of a logo or any trademark is considered fair or nominative use, the Publishing Law Center recommends attaching a disclaimer that identifies the owner of the logo, and that the logo is not authorized by, sponsored by, or associated with the trademark owner.

I'm no expert so don't quote me on that.

IMHO This shouldn't be a problem.

Edited by sxp2high

Currently also work in progress in cooperation with sxp2high: working jerrycans!

jbkCtN52eAehLg_xs.jpg

Here's the feature plan:

• the fuel capacity of the A3 vehicles will be changed to real-life or at least near real-life values
  • three virtual fuel types can be taken or added to vehicles (E10, Super, Diesel)
  • add the wrong fuel type to the car and the engine might be damaged
  • jerrycans are inventory items having a different weight

No ETA available when the idea will be finished!

Tents become ammo crates and chapels become loot places - what a crazy world!

jgCz7VNS0v7rt_xs.jpg - jODRMo8qIMUB0_xs.jpg

Thanks again for sxp2high for supplying me with the code for the loot feature. It's pretty much like DayZ. The player can now scout the buildings in the combat area (not the whole map because of performance) for loot (weapons, magazines, items, junk).