Sign in to follow this  
tomerthehunter

How can i use the Bipod ?

The whole point of discussing such things here is because some features simply need to be in the core game. Otherwise this forum would be dead and we'd all be over at Armaholic.

Are you seriously suggesting mod as a solution for this issue? This needs to be a core feature, period.

I have to agree.

Would BIS code his in to the game? Hopefully. Also resting barrels on objects like low stone walls or mounds etc would be nice :)

I have to agree.

Would BIS code his in to the game? Hopefully. Also resting barrels on objects like low stone walls or mounds etc would be nice :)

Why. Why did you bump this.

Problem not solved at all. It is the highest voted feature and missing thing in the feedback tracker.

But like the other high voted things at feedbacktracker it doenst get ANY attention by devs unfortunatly.

It would be very good and a nice step if they would focus on working on the high-voted feedbacktracker stuff for a few days as main focus.

Any progress on this, BI? Playing vanilla without VTS weapon resting is really a sub-par experience.

I sometimes think the devs have only ever played vanilla, so little inspiration seems to have been taken from any of the good mods in Arma 2. That and their antipathy to scripted effects - despite the fact that huge numbers of us play the game with scripted weapon resting, scripted AFV penetration, scripted wind effects on ballistics, scripted suppression effects, etc

If BI decided to implement this, there probably would be something up in the SITREPS or on the Twitter feed, as of now, nothing relating to weapon resting, so i dont think its going to happen. So, as i mentioned above, TMR mod, problem solved.

I agree that this is a feature that should have been implemented in the very beginning, just another one of the points to why I say ArmA did some things great and some things terribly…

Personally I am more about function than looking pretty and since this is a wanted feature, I’d like to know how many people would be opposed to something like this as a quick fix???

If we skipped the animation and models for now because I know that probably takes a long time…

Could BIS just change the code to make the characteristics of light machine guns and Auto rifles respond more like a weapon using a bi pod in certain situations? E.G. Smaller and more concise point of impact. (See Note for prone fire.)...I guess this could work for any weapon but I'd only like it to focus on support for now.

Prone: Dropping down to prone and remaining relatively pointing the same way (As in not spinning around in circles with your mouse or turning past 35 degrees.) the gun would fire just like if you were using a bipod because honestly…Who gets in the prone with a bipod but doesn’t use it? No squad gunner and certainly not a crew serve gunner ever would. Maybe they could make it where you have to tap A or D twice to be able to spin?

(NOTE: In the prone the recoil should also be slightly reduced due to proper bipod loading.)

Crouching/Standing and weapons resting: For crouching and standing I don’t think there should be much difference however…..Would it be possible to walk directly up to an object and have that engage the bipod/weapon resting code? The object would have to be low enough to shoot over but high enough that your character doesn’t just simply walk over without having to hit the (Step Over) key. In these positions the recoil would still be fairly strong but reset time and drift would be decreased.

Not sure if any of this is possible to do without extensive work but I would like to know. I don't see why the prone part would be a problem but the weapons resting might be a big headache...

I bet they never implement it properly (e.g. like in Battlefield 3) because the engine is probably not capable of it or it is way too hard. I think they would've done it by now if they could so I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for it.

Just wait for ACE3 guys, everithing will be just fine.

If that ever happens.

Weapon resting is already available in other mods, what we wish for is to have it in the vanilla game.

Weapon resting is already available in other mods, what we wish for is to have it in the vanilla game.

Much as it burns my arse, i don't think the most requested feature by players is a consideration by Bis. Not sure their thought process but the absolute lack of interest and freeback here or involvement in the tracker indicates this.

Pity.

But they must make their choices just like any other business.

Edited by twisted

Just look at the tickets. They're like the pile of perpetual ignorage.

What? Sure some of the comments may not be as educated but the feedback tracker is a good indication of what the community wants.

---------- Post added at 07:27 ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 ----------

Much as it burns my arse, i don't think the most requested feature by players is a consideration by Bis. Not sure their thought process but the absolute lack of interest and freeback here or involvement in the tracker indicates this.

Pity.

But they must make their choices just like any other business.

They do not want to disappoint people of it doesn't work out. But BIS likely wants to do it right by having weapons be able to rest anywhere they should be able to, even on another soldier or wall. They have nothing to say about it, or they would say it. Things take time.

I'm sure you guys have already seen them but the RH M4/M16 pack contains marksmen rifles with deployable bipods (F key), and the VTS Weapon Resting mod is an awesome mod, extremely simple and effective....

RH M4/M16

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=23277

VTS Weapon Resting Mod

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=20816

we should have it Dayz standalone has it build in i know they are 2 different games but if the dayz game can do it why can't the arma games do it by default, i know there are mods that do it wich most servers doesn't allow anyway

It'll be in A3 for sure. They just cant be that numb at BIS when they provide actually bi-pod models and implement no use for them :D And I heard that even some dev's are very interested in having this little feature, so we would just have to wait out a biiiiiiiiit more guys ;)

LJ

Oh sweet irony :')

Edit : Date of post fyi Mar 19 2013, 16:31

Oh sweet irony :')

Edit : Date of post fyi Mar 19 2013, 16:31

They can still add the feature, it's not like they've ceased all development on ArmA 3.

maybe the difficulty is the ai making use of that.. but I could live with just the feature for humans only - in MP use

because mods are nice, but often you cant use them on public servers.

Hi, i won't mind if the AI don't uses or KnowsAbout the bipods... they don't seem to need it to land accurate shots on my head in 0.5 from 400m away. Let's C ya

I really doubt that BI would cancel such a feature simply due to ai. Ai doesn't know how to use the sub-stances either but that was still implemented. My feeling is that they just don't have a way that they feel is up to scratch quality wise both on the exterior and under the hood. Just a guess. But I can still hope it was one of their new years resolutions to get bipods working. Right after they finish fatigue and soldier protection.