Sign in to follow this  
Ironmatter

Ghost Legacy- Ghost Recon style Module with Template Mission

Hi all,

This is to announce the release of my new module titled Ghost Legacy.

It is a Ghost Recon styled group of characters and mission configuration.

I have tried to take the original Ghost Recon open-approach to mission objectives and team selection and mix it with the Ghost Recon Future Soldier personalisation of your character and your AI team mates. Throw in some UAVs and ULBs, a little bit of LEA loadout customisation and a dedicated MP OPFOR character with High Command functions to spice up our MP Coop games.

As a note: this is more of a test-bed release. If there are improvements that can be made to the structure or scripting please give me a yell.

Future intentions include a MSO based MP environment with dynamic team creation and dynamic mission objectives.

DL Link: Ironmatter's Ghost Legacy 1.0.1 on Gamefront

Armaholic Page: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=19549

New Chernarus Template Mission

Ironmatter's Chernarus Template Mission on Gamefront

Chernarus Template Mission at Armaholic

Requires GLT's LHD addon by Myke

arma2oa_2013_03_24_23_38_13_23.jpg

arma2oa_2013_03_25_22_23_16_53.jpg

Version: 1.0.1

Author: Ironmatter Moore

Requires ARMA2 and ARMA2:OA

1. Required Addons

Advanced Combat Environment 2 OA - Core

Advanced Combat Environment 2 OA - Extra

Community Base Addons

Ghillie Suits by Brainbug

Sniper Camo Changer by FEINT

Tier One Operators by McNools

LEA - Loadout Editor For Arma 2 Combined Operations & ACE 2 by [s.o.E] Team - Sons of Exiled

SpecOps, Mercs, BlackOps and OpFor units by Schnapsdrosel

Desert Mercenaries and BlackOps by SchnapsdroSel

RQ-8A by armatec

Satellite view (SATCOM) by Pixel Art Studio

Recommended Addons

ShackTac Fireteam HUD (STHUD) by zx64

ShackTac Interact by Dslyecxi

CG animation replacement/enhancement pack by Smookie

2. VERSION HISTORY

1.0.1 - 21MAR2013

- Mission Updated

1.0 - 18MAR2013

- Initial Release

3. ADDON DESCRIPTION

- Introduces a 12 man Ghost Team using characters from the Ghost Recon series of games as well as MP/COOP characters.

- Template Mission included to play and/or develop further missions from.

- FEINT's Camo change script and a modified script that allows profile changing.

- Each new unit has a unique identity that can be set by mission editors using -this setidentity "(identity_name)";-

Identities are below:

this setidentity "Henry_Ramirez";

this setidentity "Scott_Mitchell";

this setidentity "Matt_Beasley";

this setidentity "Will_Jacobs";

this setidentity "Scott_Ibrahim";

this setidentity "Buzz_Gordon";

this setidentity "Marcus_Brown";

this setidentity "Bo_Jenkins";

this setidentity "John_Hume";

this setidentity "Kevin_DeVries";

this setidentity "Eric_Rogers";

this setidentity "Tim_Knight";

Variations on the above identities follow the format below:

this setidentity "[FirstName]_[LastName]_DES" for desert environments

this setidentity "[FirstName]_[LastName]_MASK" for gasmask (asthetic only)

this setidentity "[FirstName]_[LastName]_PARA" for sun/wind/dust goggles

this setidentity "[FirstName]_[LastName]_ASLT" for shemagh and helmet/hat

Place the appropriate identity string from above in the character's init field and you're good to go.

- All characters have been set up with loadouts courtesy of ACEX/LEA combo and all have a backpack to load extra goodies.

- A template mission is included in the @GHOST_LEGACY\Missions folder. Drop the GRLXX-Utes_Template.utes folder into your Documents\ArmA2\Missions folder

- Server key (Ironmatter.bikey) is located in the @GHOST_LEGACY\keys folder

4. INSTALLATION

All of the following files are located within the compressed @GHOST_LEGACY folder.

Put the following folder in your \Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA2 folder:

@GHOST_LEGACY

Units can be found under "BLUFOR\SFG-5 D Coy\Men

5. ISSUES

- A bit of texture flickering noticed.

- DO NOT use with the Ghosts for A.C.E 2 addon.

- Mission had issues with HC module not loading.

6. Credits

Thanks to the following for advice, addons, textures, templates and resources:

ACE2 Team,

Community Base Addons (CBA)

Brain Bug

FEINT

Norrin - for the Chopper Script

McNool

[s.o.E]

SchnapsdroSel

ArMaTeC

PXS

Shack Tactical

SMK

Apologies to anyone I have missed.

Disclaimer:

This addon is used at your own risk and is not affiliated with BIS.

If you wish to use any part of this addon or modify this addon in any way you must obtain written permission from myself (see armaholic.com username Ironmatter) and the subsequent creator.

If you wish to use this addon as a template for missions or campaigns without altering the core addon go nuts, but give me a yell so I can play it too...

Enjoy

Edited by Ironmatter
dl link update

I can't wait to test this out, good job and I'll let you know if I come across any problems or have suggestions/feed back. Thanks

I'm just now playing the mission and it looks very interesting already, but right away on the start up of the mission I was shown multiple errors. I'm going to attempt to continue on, so here's a link to my ArmA 2 OA rpt file with the errors listed: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BzhUjbXzVBV_eWNwOXlnMzcwdU0/edit

Problems:

Unable to activate High Command using "Shift+Space Bar" leaving me stuck on the boat.

UAV keeps crashing

The camera is spectating an enemy AI, is it suppose to do that?

Using the -ShowScriptErrors the game found several errors. (A copy of my ArmA 2 OA RPT file is linked above with the list of errors found.)

Edited by JSF 82nd Reaper

Cheers for that RPT dude, I'm curious as to the camera too...

I'm watching your progress with one eye and fixing issues with the other...

Thanks again.

Give this release a go.

Worked to fix the HC on mission startup, stop the UAV from crashing and sort out that camera.

DL link above updated.

Cheers

Question: I would like to use just the units and not run the missions, what is required to do that. Great looking units.

I've included an unpbo'd mission folder in the addon.

Copy it out of the addon folder into your documents\arma2\missions folder so you can open it in your editor.

So you can either copy just the units out of there

or copy everything around the Khe Sanh which will let you team select etc.

Cool?

Thumbs up for the release, I can't wait to test it out and create missions with the template you've provided. Unfortunately I'm currently on a 2 hour trip home for spring break and won't be able to play it for a bit.

Cheers @JSF 82nd Reaper,

Again give me a yell if something ain't working. I think a lot of the issues were scripts trying to load up...

Update:

I'm finishing up a Chernarus Template mission. See images below (using FHQ's Remington Pack not req'd and Smookie's Animations also not required, but still pretty cool).

arma2oa_2013_03_24_23_38_13_23.jpg

arma2oa_2013_03_25_22_23_16_53.jpg

@Ironmatter, I've been trying to play the Utes template you have but every-time the helicopter gets close to the island no matter which direction I have the Helo come in at it get shot down by an RPG. Is there a certain way that needs to be taken, or are you able to re-position or take away some of the RPGs? But I'm liking it a lot so far it'll be better though once I'm able to have the Helo approach the island and land successfully. Looking forward to trying out your Chernarus version.

@JSF 82nd Reaper, I have successfully landed at the South-eastern beach and at the lighthouse at the Western end of the runway.

Getting in too close gets messy and I had to calm my pilots down and set them to limited speed on approach to keep them from charging into a storm of missiles.

It almost becomes a secondary op clearing the SAM emplacements so that you can extract.

If you want to strip back some of the SAMs feel free...though you can get in there and kill them as well.

@Ironmatter, thanks for the reply, I don't think I've tried calming the pilots down yet, I'll definitely try that and hope for the best or I might have the UAV/ULB clear the landing zone for me if they're capable of doing that. Any estimate on when you think you'll have the Chernarus template done? Keep up the good work.

@JSF 82nd Reaper, I'm just running through the Chernarus mission again, trying to get it to consistently load up all the features in one hit. Problem I'm having is getting tasks to transfer to team members on team switch...but I can post a beta mission if you're keen?

I'll let you finish the mission which'll allow me some more time in completing the Utes Template and work on my addon which I believe would fit perfectly for you Ghost Recon missions. (UGV or what I call the MULE). ;)

@JSF 82nd Reaper, Sounds awesome, I saw your thread and wip pics, very cool.

Would be awesome to have the MULE and UGVs in some missions.

Ironmatter, thanks for responding BTW. So I moved the Addon folder with only the Ghost_Legacy files in it and when I open it in my editor areas on the unit were missing only showing white. Where did I go wrong? Thanks again.

@Rs3rr, no worries dude. Sorry about the delay in reply.

Now, out of curiosity, are you running McNool's Tier One Operators addon?

If not, that could be causing the missing textures on the characters.

Heads up all,

download link for the Chernarus Template Mission is at the bottom of the initial post.

Tell me what you think...

We may be able to make a campaign out of these.