kwhy

Voice Activation for Arma 3 via VAC Builder Profile and other software...

Just to let you know, I note you've used Select 1, Select 2 when you really need to spell the numbers out for reliable recognition, so Select One, Select Two, etc

Thanks for the reminder. I had started on it last night and finished Select One but go distracted with the test video.

http://www.simulationhq.com/vac/

VAC Profile v1.3 is now available. The 'Fire Artillery' works but is not perfect. It uses the '[' (previous) key to go up one menu item and activates. When 'Repeat Artillery Fire' is available, that becomes 1 menu item above and 'Fire Artillery' is now two menu items above the default. This is bad UI design by BI but that's how it goes for now. There is no 'go to first item on menu' on this type of menu that I can find. If you know it, please let me know and I'll update the Profile.

Nice one, thanks.

EDIT: Regarding the Fire Artillery command, perhaps you could go down 5 times with ] to get to the first menu item, rather than going up with [. I'm not sure this will work any better though as I guess in some situations the greyed out commands "Command Unit", "Support", etc would not be greyed out, so you'd have to go down more than 5 times then.

I agree that it's incredibly frustrating not to have things in static positions when trying to setup voice command profiles and I wish BIS would sort that out. Maybe the number keys should always control the action menu when it's open, so 1 would be the first item on the list, 2 the second, etc. Still would need things to be in the same place all the time though, would just save having to faff around with [ and ].

Edited by doveman

Hey, can anyone tell me how to make it work in-game voice commands? i mean i got the vac and profile and its recognizes me when i say a command, but in-game nothing happens. so how do i apply the commands so they will be inside the game?

Hey, can anyone tell me how to make it work in-game voice commands? i mean i got the vac and profile and its recognizes me when i say a command, but in-game nothing happens. so how do i apply the commands so they will be inside the game?

I've got the same problem, did you work it out?

Did you change the default key bindings in Arma 3? If so, the commands won't work.

Did you change the default key bindings in Arma 3? If so, the commands won't work.

ahh ok, yes i did. Working now, thanks.

For those having trouble with VAC, I created a video on where to find the key-binds to turn VAC on/off, the PTT on/off, the PTT, toggle, and set the sound when turning on.

An update for those using VAC, I'm testing a partial online profile generator that is a lot easier than VAC Builder. The first part generates your unit callsigns. There are several options available for 50 soldiers. You can set all your soldiers to use the same callsign and called as 'two' through 'fifty' or use two digit calls for 'one zero' (10) and higher. If you want to play as a platoon commander, you can generate 5 different squads callsigns (ie. Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, Delta, Echo). If you call 'Charlie 3', it will go to 23. This is a little more complicated so you want to make your squads easy to remember. Since each squad is 10 soldiers, #10 can be called as 'ten' or 'one zero' depending on what you select. It also creates an 'All <squadname>' to select every soldier in a squad. The code is generated in the profile XML format that you can copy/paste into your VAC profile.

After coming across this thread I got so excited...Downloaded the trial version, followed every tutorial I could find and still cannot get it to work. Just wondering if I have missed something, do i need to set up anything with arma the game for it to work? If not it must be my pc. :(

After coming across this thread I got so excited...Downloaded the trial version, followed every tutorial I could find and still cannot get it to work. Just wondering if I have missed something, do i need to set up anything with arma the game for it to work? If not it must be my pc. :(

Is your mic working correctly in Windows?

Yes its all been set up and i went through the voice training exercise. When i do the test in the actual VacBuilder it picks up my commands okay but when in game nothing registers at all. Very frustrating. Thanks for the swift reply

Arma_Bob,

it seems VAC is not switched on. Please look at the VAC icon. Below the microphone you must see the letter P which indicates that a profile is loaded. Above the microphone you will see a light-blue 0 which tells you that VAC is actually on and listening. Right-click on the icon to make the necessary adjustments.

I hope this helps.

It is showing...ive posted a little screenshot of it, hope it shows up okay. A blue p and a green o above microphone is displayed

http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i388/Bobster_trooper/vcsprob.png (440 kB)

---------- Post added at 19:28 ---------- Previous post was at 18:37 ----------

I got it sorted :) Made a newbie error...had to run vacsystem as an administrator and close down any web pages in background and now its working like a dream. Would recommend using Voice recognition to control AI, makes life so much easier and its more authentic i guess. Though i feel a bit of a knob sitting here talking to the computer, wife is giving me looks.

Glad you've sorted it out.

By the way, wait until your wife shouts random commands while you're playing!

A new video using VAC for anyone interested.

I'm using All in ArmA for this. It's an A2 mission in A3:

I did a video about making VAC work in ARMA 3 again for those that had trouble a few days ago.

I have a new video coming out tomorrow about an online platoon script builder I just finished for VAC.

Hi Wabbit,

I just watched your youtube videos and am very keen to try voice control of arma 3. However it seems the bohemia link to your vac profile is no longer working:butbut:.

Is there anywhere else I can down load this?

I suppose I can always make up my own but it seems silly to reinvent the wheel as it where.

Thanks in advance

xX[NEMO]Xx

Nemo

in posting #3 the profile is linked. Click VAC\VAC Profile in the navigation bar. Copy and paste the profile into a text file (Notepad or something similar) and import it into the VAC software. That's all.

TheWabbit's profile is ideal for trying out if voice control works for you. The layout of the commands and phrases is not too complicated, so you always know what you're doing. If you feel like changing something you have a very good starting point for your own profile. Another interesting profile is the one by Jojo the Slayer. This one is far more complete but you may find it overwhelmingly complex. My own approach is a little different because I wanted a profile which allows you to control your avatar with voice commands but all activation phrases are in German so I guess you don't want it. My advice: Use the 14-days trial period of VAC and experiment with theWabbit's profile. It might change your gaming experience dramatically.

I just tried copying and pasting in Notepad++ the profile but for some weird reason, VAC won't load it and the profile name changes in the title bar but nothing else changes when I try.

doveman

after reading your message I found to my regret that my simple suggestion doesn't seem to work. I could copy and paste the code into VAC but the problem is that the code is in html format and the import was done as txt. It might be necessary to use a html editor instead of a txt editor so that the code comes in the right format. I am sorry my suggestion was useless.

doveman

after reading your message I found to my regret that my simple suggestion doesn't seem to work. I could copy and paste the code into VAC but the problem is that the code is in html format and the import was done as txt. It might be necessary to use a html editor instead of a txt editor so that the code comes in the right format. I am sorry my suggestion was useless.

No worries. It should have worked and I couldn't see any major difference in Notepad++ between the new pasted one and the existing 1.3 one I have that loads fine so I'm not sure why it wouldn't load but never mind, I'm sure the download will be available soon :)

Thanks for the tip alpha-kilo et al.

I had in fact tried this myself with the same negative result.

I understand that VAC profiles are actually XML so I have tried copying the text into an xml editor ( the free ms one) but that doesn't work either :(.

As you say I'm sure wabbit will soon get this back up.

Thanks again for taking the time to reply. I'll continue trying and let the list know if I find success.

I don't suppose you could post the version you have somewhere so we could download it?

Regards

Nemo aka Andyr aka G1UUP

Nemo

I must have deleted theWabbit's profile after testing and experimenting with it. Doveman may be able to help with version 1.3. Of course, Jojo the Slayer's profile is always available at the VAVC website and at Armaholic.

Here is another hthread about a VAC profile. The author Fish44 also made a very informative video: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?96773-ARMA-2-and-VAC-%28Voice-Activated-Commands%29&highlight=vac. I hope this helps.

I think I see the problem.

With the previous versions, the commands look like this:

<key description="NONE + F1 + NONE + """

whereas the version we copied and pasted from the website has

<key description="NONE + F1 + NONE + """

I can easily find & replace those but the problem is there's other that use keys after the NONE + such as

<key description="NONE + NONE + NONE + "1""

which in 1.3 look like

<key description="NONE + NONE + NONE + "1""

and I don't know of a quick way to go through and just replace the " with " on either side of the key.

Of course, I could be wrong on this and it might still not work after changing them but that's the main difference I noticed.