Sign in to follow this  
micovery

How to add a weapon to player's vest or uniform?

I am trying to add weapons specifically inside a player's vest or uniform.

The game UI dialog allows you to drag a weapon from a crate and put it inside one of the player's containers (uniform, vest, or backpack). I can't figure out how to do this from a script.

I already know how to add a weapon to the player's backpack like this:

(unitBackpack player) addWeaponCargoGlobal ["hgun_P07_F", 1];

However ... there are no equivalent commands like:

(unitVest player) addWeaponCargoGlobal ["hgun_P07_F", 1];

(unitUniform player) addWeaponCargoGlobal ["hgun_P07_F", 1];

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers

Edited by micovery

Hey, so I am confused I guess on what you're asking...you have figured out had to add items to the players backpack, but not the vests? Or vice versa?

Also, if you're adding a weapon you need this command:

"UnitName" addweapon "classname here"

obviously without quotations.

Need this to Add an Item

"UnitName" addItem "Classname of Item"

Once again no quotations.

NOTE:Put the commands listed about in the players "Init Box"

Edited by Whyte_Out

You can't add specific items to a uniform or vest and you especially can't add guns to them.

Currently via script you can only add items to uniform/vest and you can't add specific items to a specific slot (i.e first aid to uniform).

The only way to add items (actual items) is through the command addItem, what the addItem command does engine side is automatically gets the mass of the item you are adding and finds the most free space in either the uniform, vest or even backpack, which ever has the most free space that item will be added to it via addItem.

There's already a ticket asking BIS to implement unitVest and unitUniform commands. For now it is better to remove all weapons and then use a custom loadout to add weapons and magazines again. When one container is full, the items will be distributed to the next one.

Thanks for the replies. Well, it seems that there is no way to do this at the moment. I am aware you can add items, to the inventory, and they get distributed according to the mass of the item, and the maximum load of the containers. The question was specifically for weapons.

Edited by micovery

There's already a ticket asking BIS to implement unitVest and unitUniform commands. For now it is better to remove all weapons and then use a custom loadout to add weapons and magazines again. When one container is full, the items will be distributed to the next one.

How about if I want to add a uniform or vest to a unit or player. Would that still be the addItem command?

Check out macScotties threat in this section or jester on YouTube. He is part of the 15th MEU and he has done a video on adding weapons items and vest and uniform