Sign in to follow this  
MrUnSavory

Seriously? is this what to expect from ARMA 3?

So again I was out trying to play on multiplayer servers, what a mess. All the servers are modded and when you try and join it says you are missing assets. People who just get on and stand at the airbase and friendly fire. Servers with soldier tags turned off so you get to hear the constant "Oppss, sorry" because of friendly fire from nimrods who can't distinguish one uniform from the other. Admins who are so busy playing they can't be bothered with Administrating their server.

Have I found one decent server to play on? NOOOoooooooo........I repeat, what a mess.

Thought I was joining an ALPHA test but this is noting but a fiasco. As a beta tester with 30 years experience I don't see how BIS can get any valuable information from this.

So far it is nothing but a joke. It makes me miss Operation Flashpoint Cold War Crisis. I hope this mess gets cleared up. Would be nice to see BIS put up a couple of vanilla servers to play on.

Flame me if you want fan boys, all I got is a middle finger for ya.

In the bottom right hand corner of the MP list each server highlighted should show what @folders are active. As for the rest of the OP, this was no different to the start of the other titles.

Arma 2 public play still has all the above, none public play dosent.

Moving to MP, although if MrUnSavory continues posting in the same borderline rude/aggressive post then this will just be closed.

As a beta tester with 30 years experience I don't see how BIS can get any valuable information from this.

Incongruous statement. Is the game stable? Did you experience performance issues? Everything you mentioned is people being people, completely irrelevant to the alpha testing experience. Performance & stability not gameplay is being tested.

Thought I was joining an ALPHA test but this is noting but a fiasco. As a beta tester with 30 years experience I don't see how BIS can get any valuable information from this.

[...]

Very mature, especially considering how old you must be with 30 years of beta tester experience.

I wonder how it is the fault of the developer if the servers are running mod and the players are TK'ing and all that.

But then, I'm just a fanboy, according to you

Nobody forces you to play the game, so dont play it if you dont like the people playing on the server? its hardly the Dev's fault that the server admins cant adminstrate their servers.

Please refrain from insulting members of the forum.

I also fail to understand why BIS don't open up some schools to teach players how to behave. What? they have some money now from the Alpha now, right?

"All the servers are modded"? --are you running the Dev build? Because very few servers are modded.

Agree with you on the retarded amounts of TKing.

Keep looking for a good server. Some are running anti-TK scripts , and some have active admins.

'Elite' or 'Vetran' servers tend to have better trained players.

Good luck!

Agree with you on the retarded amounts of TKing.

You will find this kind of stuff in every game and almost every server. It's inevitable with the anonymity of the internet.

I have spent most of my first multiplayer time, searching for servers with people that play nice, without messing around all the time. If you find some good servers you will be set.

Well, I won't repeat much of what's above only to relate my expereinces in modding servers has been...nil. ***************...? Yup, accidental and not. But you may actually have to do some work to find a server with your settings on it and an active admin. The beauty, and ugliness of these games, is that you can have a million servers, all with different settings. Just some advice, from a tester with 35+ years years gaming, and 25+ years programming and testing experience - in this type of game/environment, you need to find a group or couple groups who like to game as you do and get in with them. But if this is your attitude, you may find it difficult...

So again I was out trying to play on multiplayer servers, what a mess. All the servers are modded and when you try and join it says you are missing assets. People who just get on and stand at the airbase and friendly fire. Servers with soldier tags turned off so you get to hear the constant "Oppss, sorry" because of friendly fire from nimrods who can't distinguish one uniform from the other. Admins who are so busy playing they can't be bothered with Administrating their server.

Have I found one decent server to play on? NOOOoooooooo........I repeat, what a mess.

So far it is nothing but a joke. It makes me miss Operation Flashpoint Cold War Crisis. I hope this mess gets cleared up. Would be nice to see BIS put up a couple of vanilla servers to play on.

Just join a serious clan and you have what you are looking for, no tk, no idi, often a mature group

of ppl, and all they ask for is serious play and have fun!!

I also fail to understand why BIS don't open up some schools to teach players how to behave. What? they have some money now from the Alpha now, right?

Mission designers and forum administrators are going to have to do this.

It's getting ridiculous when people start throwing the "I've been beta testing games for 75 years, this is not what the beta should be. You all are idiots! Fck you!"

Playing games is not the same as beta-testing games.

Couldn't agree more. Same old same old as the last two Arma`s

Cant wait for the Project reality guys to make something thats fun to play out of it.

I know this is alpha but come on give us a standard vanilla pvp multiplayer template also , far to much faffing around to even get a mp game if your not in a clan and have all there mods.

Come on Bis give us a game this time not just the bare bones of one and rely on the community to make it work, this is your third attempt after all.

I'm agree with you mate, i bought ARMA 2 Combined Ops and only found crappy Day Z servers, now is happen something similar with Arma 3, a few servers start to have zombie crap.. i dont have any problems with mods about ARMA i mean new tanks, ships, weapons if is related with ARMA but i dont want zombie crap or survivor or whatever

Mathiask1, they do force you to play the game. You have to pay for a damn alpha game.

Mathiask1, they do force you to play the game. You have to pay for a damn alpha game.

I've been reading this sentence a few times, and I can only say: Are you serious ?

BIS stormtroopers broke down your door, stuck a gun in your mouth, and forced you to purchase access to the A3 Alpha? How rude!

BIS stormtroopers broke down your door, stuck a gun in your mouth, and forced you to purchase access to the A3 Alpha? How rude!

Actually they knocked on the door, but they got him fooled with their mild looking devil faces and that made him feel safe to open the door. Little did he know...