Sign in to follow this  
MrUnSavory

Seriously? is this what to expect from ARMA 3?

OP, here's the thing. BIS doesn't get their data from MP servers. They get their data from people posting reports in the Feedback Tracker. Your gripe isn't that BIS can't get proper data from the Alpha. Your gripe is that you can't find a server, no matter how much you try to dress it up as a BIS Alpha issue. Hopefully with the implementation of Steamworks, there will be some better server browser management. Since you have a problem with that, I hope you've posted it in the Feedback Tracker. Other than that, MP is kinda crap right now because of unoptimized (read, max view distance, memory leaks, etc) missions, so just focus on the editor and test the game. That'd be much more helpful to BIS.

BIS create the engine for us to use

Server owners/admins create the environment to play in

After that it is down to the quality of the mission design and the standards of the Admins, group leaders

An unmanaged server is just that and so by default it will be an unruly shambles of gameplay

Not every server plays wastelands and the likes.

The players that are attracted to these typically public types of missions will always behave in the way they do unless there is someone on the server to control them otherwise

Stay away from servers like that and find a decent server that serves decent missions with good management in an organised fashion

NOTE

Even good servers do not have 24/7 admins and also it takes a lot of patience and hard work to control this public attitude in a lot of players

this is afterall not your typical 1st person shooter . Lone wolfing in ArmA3 should be left in single player

For now, Play withSIX is the way to go. It isn't great yet, but it's still alpha and the fact that it supports ArmA 3 already is good.

30 years as a tester?

You must have knocked down your bosses dog or child or something.

Yeah, 30 years ago he was beta testing Pong and Super Mario... oh wait, Super Mario was released 2 years later.

As a beta tester with 30 years experience I don't see how BIS can get any valuable information from this.

Impressive. Though you do realise this is alpha so not exactly in your field of expertise...

Yeah, 30 years ago he was beta testing Pong and Super Mario... oh wait, Super Mario was released 2 years later.

Hey man, Pong needed tons of beta testing. I mean, they had to balance patch that game at least 12 times.

So again I was out trying to play on multiplayer servers, what a mess. All the servers are modded and when you try and join it says you are missing assets. People who just get on and stand at the airbase and friendly fire. Servers with soldier tags turned off so you get to hear the constant "Oppss, sorry" because of friendly fire from nimrods who can't distinguish one uniform from the other. Admins who are so busy playing they can't be bothered with Administrating their server.

Have I found one decent server to play on? NOOOoooooooo........I repeat, what a mess.

Thought I was joining an ALPHA test but this is noting but a fiasco. As a beta tester with 30 years experience I don't see how BIS can get any valuable information from this.

So far it is nothing but a joke. It makes me miss Operation Flashpoint Cold War Crisis. I hope this mess gets cleared up. Would be nice to see BIS put up a couple of vanilla servers to play on.

Flame me if you want fan boys, all I got is a middle finger for ya.

once the steam influx retreats, it'll go back to normal. just be glad the steam influx happens now in alpha instead of later.

BIS stormtroopers broke down your door, stuck a gun in your mouth, and forced you to purchase access to the A3 Alpha? How rude!
If this were somehow true, BI would be the envy of the gaming industry since everyone else such as AAA publishers/developers have to spend so much in marketing instead of being able to simply hire out stormtroopers like BI. :p

Just a sidenote, I don't remember Arma 2 having any public servers hosted by BIS. Everything is player based, try finding a passworded server and hop on their TS.

Mass Effect 3? No, never played mass effect.

Yes Mass effect 3, i think i saw it there... probably another one with similar name the wrong side of this virtual world a thousands humans with the same nick xD

About the servers and that stuff, honestly i think we need a black-list for servers to add the servers we dont want play or give us a filter to play on non moded servers more easly

Just a sidenote, I don't remember Arma 2 having any public servers hosted by BIS. Everything is player based, try finding a passworded server and hop on their TS.
I agree, I don't recall BI ever hosting servers publicly... which at last check means that they can't "turn out the lights" like certain companies do. ;)

As far as the server browser:

the server browser is subject to be improved, so patience ...

I haven't come across a modded server either. But that's not to say there doesn't need to be a way for ArmA to better handle mods.

I hope the Steam Workshop for ArmA 3 fixes this.

I have an idea...

instead of complaining about ALL of the other servers, why not start your own, advertise it on here and admin it yourself !! you will then have the perfect server for you and your friend :)

The OP hasn't replied so stop feeding the troll and let this sad thread die

Does seem to be a rant and run type thread, and as there have been a number of sensible answers there probably is no future for this thread.