Dude, you can't imagine how wet my pants just got......

Amazing Fotos. Always wanted to do a full set of maintenance nomenclatur for that thing, now I got awesome fotos.

Thanks, this one is definitly helping me getting the texture to perfection.

Custom-Gunnerview is now working fine. Animation to come..... If I understand how they work :D

arma32013-03-2319-16-6rx0v.jpg

arma32013-03-2319-16-4uaoj.jpg

Edited by RedPhoenix

Okay, It's been a while since my last update.

Well, kind of "no-progress" so far. Cyborg and me weren't able to find the mistake producing thousands of warnings in the rpt....

That's why I am concentrating on the textures.

Had alot to do last week, so no "big" deal today, just a screenshot of the finished left side of the fuselage. Turned out pretty well.

Planning on reducing the glow of the surface, since most of the aircrafts are painted with dull colors.

arma32013-03-3111-23-ykeby.png

Hey Max.

Yeah, i know the issue of differently painted aircrafts.

I remember a photo where two Mi-17 were next to each other. Same equipment, same color scheme, but one with glossy and one with matt/dull colors. Was pretty weird seeing this.

But:

The new russian standard is a grey, matt color.

w02380_113948775kub.jpg

Btw: I am not able to see the picture you linked.

Hi there!

This looks good, I did notice on your gunner hud that the speed indicator says "km/h". I realize its probably a placeholder but it should say:

км/ч

thank you for working on this addon!

Thanks! I will put that into the HUD too.

Well, we ran into some kind of a dead-end.

Wenn compiling the helicopter in Bulldozer it's running perfectly fine:

buldozer2013-04-0721-nks26.png

But when we pack & binarize the addon to use it in the actual game, the rvmat's as well as some of the animation files won't load properly...

We have no clue why but we think it might be beause we are still working with programmes which were designed for A2, not A3....

I believe I read somewhere that the binarizing tools were causing problems in A3? Just pack with eliteness for now?

That's true.

We cannot simply pack the model into a pbo since it creates thousands of warnings in the rpt and all of the stuff is unbinarized. But ill talk with Cyborg what we should do....

I believe I read somewhere that the binarizing tools were causing problems in A3? Just pack with eliteness for now?

Read the same, believe it would be solved with the new toolpack for A3.

Will you be releasing this for ArmA 2: CO as well?

Please say yes. I'd love to see this in both, as many mods are doing.

Will you be releasing this for ArmA 2: CO as well?

Please say yes. I'd love to see this in both, as many mods are doing.

I love it. Looks just as good as an official heli!
Awesome work bro!

Implementing the texture into A2 is fairly easy.

BUT: Due to a crash of my main HDD everything I had is lost, except the basic texture I made.

All my templates, vector- and photoshop files are lost.

Making new ones costs tons of time (and joy), and I do not know If i really want to do them from scratch since the 3D model of the Mi28 has some bugs in it.

I would rather enjoy making textures for a new 3D version, but since I have no clue how to work on 3D models, this possibility is on ice as well.

I will talk with Cyborg so that we can rewrite some of the code, using the new weapon and missile codes from Beta so we can then publish it.

But further work in textures are down...

Sorry.

Dang bro, that sucks. Do you have a dedicated external drive?

Yes I do, but not for my C-Drive (where the BI Tools were installed)

I feel you bro.

Only reason i didn't lose any work when i was working on some stuff with a group was that we were using dropbox.

Might want to consider it for the future.

Cyborg and me had that too, but due to my very very very vad interet connection at that time I wasn't able to upload any file bigger then some MB.

And my *.psd template was around 2,5GB..... (which is quarter the traffic I had avialable at that time)

I know that feeling, It's not a good one. I have lost so much work over the years from HD crashes. I'm sorry! :(

I would really like to see this, I hope you guys are still considering finishing it