small_1gvop6.jpg

So...

I already mentioned in some threads that Cyborg11 and me are porting the wonderfull CMA Mi-28 Havoc to ArmA3.

Well, I can't tell you much about it since it still is pretty basic.

Currently the model itself, with all the guns and rockets, is working fine.

There are some (heavy) bugs we need to fix before we are able to release any downloadable version.

At the moment Cyborg is concentrating on getting the codes right and the PiP working while I work on the new textures. They are 50% done, but are very likely not to be included in the first downloadable release.....

But here are some things which we planned for the future:

-PiP for Gunner-Cockpit

-GPS in the Pilot-Cockpit

-Totally reworked cockpit

-new textures for the whole model

-fix the rotor blur

-New, custom HUD

-create steerable missiles

(- maybe several load-outs)

This is our plan for the future. We will keep you posted about news, and I will definitely put some more pictures up while we are working.

And no, we cannot give you an exact ETA on the first downloadable version. But I think within 2-3 weeks, if we get all the heavy bugs fixed.

More Pictures here:

The planned Nightcamo:

night_camoehqcg.jpg

And more pictures, but as thumbnails:

night_camoehqcg.jpg arma32013-03-1822-55-pkr4z.jpg arma32013-03-1822-56-zlron.jpg arma32013-03-1822-59-2kpvg.jpg arma32013-03-1823-00-t3rr4.jpg

If you have any question, solution or suggestion, feel free to comment :)

RP

Holy moly It's not a unit reskin! Looks great!

great job, i hope the HUD wont be like 90% of the costum HUDs from arma 2

Nah... When I'll get a hang on it I'll do it properly by myself.

I think I will do something similar like the Mi-35 HUD, from which I got some neat photos.

Hey there RedPhonix.

Really great initiative. Thumbs up for that!

The downside of this model (which i know pretty well myself), is that it needs a lot of love to get up to par from a detail POV with the current content. There are certain inaccuracies (which i am sure some might forgive).

I guess your best bet would be to keep the project under the same EULA (i am not even sure you would be able to change it) and in the same sort of style (CMA).

Nah... When I'll get a hang on it I'll do it properly by myself.

I think I will do something similar like the Mi-35 HUD, from which I got some neat photos.

awesome!

Hey there RedPhonix.

Really great initiative. Thumbs up for that!

The downside of this model (which i know pretty well myself), is that it needs a lot of love to get up to par from a detail POV with the current content. There are certain inaccuracies (which i am sure some might forgive).

I guess your best bet would be to keep the project under the same EULA (i am not even sure you would be able to change it) and in the same sort of style (CMA).

Changing the model will be something that I will do when I have some more practice in blender. That could use some time... Hahaha...

And yes, we won't change the credits, we will just add some kind of change log

well, if you gonna correct the model, let me know, i might help with the resources.

though i would like to remind:

1st model,

2nd textures,

3rd config and features.

well, if you gonna correct the model, let me know, i might help with the resources.

1st model,

2nd textures,

3rd config and features.

The new cockpit is something we planned for the finale release (which will be when ArmA3 is fully released too).

Hence that we are working on the current model.

Putting the new fuselage textures on the new model wo'nt be a big problem, since we won't change much on the outside.

Oh, and thanks for your support. We might come back later!

Changing the model will be something that I will do when I have some more practice in blender. That could use some time... Hahaha...

And yes, we won't change the credits, we will just add some kind of change log

I wasn't talking sbout credits but type of eula: Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike (CC BY-NC-SA), which basically means you would need to release the mlods for it as well, so others could (in theory anyways) pick it from where you left and change/improve upon it. Just something to think about.

1st model,

2nd textures,

3rd config and features.

You can start doing that, i'll put my own resources on the rhs ftp soonish, i have already started work on it some time ago, the generic shape (blovk modelling) is already done ;)

Looks great! But once you finish, the only problem is, how badly will it defeat the AH-66 in-game? :P

I wasn't talking sbout credits but type of eula: Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike (CC BY-NC-SA), which basically means you would need to release the mlods for it as well, so others could (in theory anyways) pick it from where you left and change/improve upon it. Just something to think about.

Oh, I misunderstood that.

Well, that was already planned since it was a release as a source model.

I assume you guys are making Mi-28 with the radar dome, which is called Mi-28NM and it is still in development. So this means cockpit will be different from Mi-28N or NE.

As long this is a community project... boys, fire up your translators and paste in these links:

Mi-28 blueprint (not accurate)

http://topwar.ru/5467-letnyy-centr-v-torzhke-mi-28n.html

http://forum.aeropress-bg.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123

http://paralay.iboards.ru/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=639&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&sid=b1315ebe23a193902415440e430ac865

http://scalemodels.ru/modules/forum/viewtopic_t_30329_start_0.html

http://www.telenir.net/transport_i_aviacija/boevoi_vertolet_mi_28/p5.php

http://aviacollections.ru/category/vertolet_mi-28

LOL, well well well, the world is really small, these Mi-28A blueprints (picture #3 has my brother's immagenary weapon increase drawn, back in the days when we were kids, dang such a nostalgy :)) were scanned by me and sent to airwar.ru by my brother, during period, when EXACTLY this Mi-28N model was beeing created by DigitalCenturion and only later this model went CMA way, who would have guesed i'll get back to them :D

meh, another nice memory from the past about cockpits in 2009, scanned magazine's photos and translated also found while digging the net. :D

Edited by Gedis

Wow, the topwar-Link is badass!

Thanks!

it's nothing, believe me, compared to what i'll come up with during my 24hour work shift, gonna be initiating deep net digging.

Pufu, stay tuned, late tommorow or thursday spam will be here ;)

in the mean time, scan and read through all the pages of provided forums links.

Made out of a screenshot from a video in about 15 minutes:

A simple gunner-hud. The base was the ka50-one from Arma1

gunnerhud_smallbwkgc.jpg

Doesn't work quite well in the game, though.

arma32013-03-1923-02-v6ouq.jpg

:lol:

Love the Havoc, nice work! Btw, I dont mean to be nagging but is there a possibility that you will bring this into A2?

It's already an addon for arma 2, isn't it? That's where he got it from...

It's already an addon for arma 2, isn't it? That's where he got it from...

My bad, I didn't realize it was the same Mi-28 made by CMA. I see the resemblence now, its just the camo was different.

I was actually thinking about wip pictures I saw a while back of the Mi-28 by Exall. He was working on it for A2 I think, and it was really detailed.