Sign in to follow this  
Kellon

Game is already losing people due to hackers.

The game isn't even out yet, stop bitching. You knew damn well what you signed up for so GTFOver it.

The scripting / mission making / server management etc are a large part of what draws people to Arma.

What has this to do with the fact that every client can just run any action on the server? Pure client side cheats such radar, aimbots, etc. aren't even the main problem.

The pure evil is the possibility to run any function on the server itself and on other clients.

Seems the server doesn't check any external input at all - why can a client spawn things and make explode at all. I thought custom missions run at the server, why are there absolute no sanity checks about the data a client sends?

It's technically no bigger problem to check for speedhacks, rouge teleports, etc. if the server would verify the data from the clients.

Comments from the devs like 'security is to be added later' don't make me feel comportable at all - that's the opposite what is teached not only since yesterday..

An other game example - Counter Strike: The folks at Valve even filter the position data of enemies to be sent to a client to protect against radar hacks. Thats because every piece of software at the client can be compromised and is not to be trusted.

I really hope the devs start implementing security better now than later.

73, Ripper

Arma is not supposed to be a competitive FPS. I think you should start playing Battlefield, as that's obviously what you are looking for

Arma can be what ever you want it to be, thats the beauty and freedom of arma, and all games are competitive.

Whether your trying to kill the most bots, take the most objectives or work as a team the best, they all count as competitive standards.

So don't lower arma standards by saying its not competitive, or casual or hardcore, w/e it is you want to say it isn't, in this community it is everything and thats the beauty of it.

as for hackers, they come and go, and they waste their own time as at the end of the day the only person they are hurting are themselves.

BIS will most prob bring much better anti hack materials than Arma 2 as:

A: its all from steam that we come from now, so if you fuck about your steam account gets banned now not just the CD.

B: they can now link steam and BE, meaning better protection.

Also understand that the biggest threat to a hacker is a good server admin, so if you want good servers all around you need to give it time, time for the SA's to gain experience with Arma 3 and time for BIS to bring out the tools that the SA's need.

If people are tired with the hackers, just leave and play another game and wait til the Official Release. Its an Alpha. Hackers gonna Hack.

. . . wow.

How many other games in existence do you know of that have the amount of hacking issues that arma2/3 does? er FPS titles.

You must not play many games if you think arma has a lot of hackers. Ahem.

Soldier Front

Gunz

Battlefield series - LOL

Pretty much most COD series. - You think steam stops people? LOL

A.V.A

Combat Arms

Warrock

Sudden Attack

Wolf Team

GunZ

Counter Strike - You think steam stops people? LOL

If people are tired with the hackers, just leave and play another game and wait til the Official Release. Its an Alpha. Hackers gonna Hack.

The problem is that probably the "hackers" will hack exactly like today (as it happened with ArmA2), we're trying to avoid this situation.. what's why we're raising our voice TODAY.. before it'll be too late to fix anything.

Any news on when the fix of this hacking issue will be solved?

Thank you in advance.

It's done when it's done...

That's the most pathetic trolling answer one can write. If you do not know what to write please do not post at all. Thank you.

That's the most pathetic trolling answer one can write. If you do not know what to write please do not post at all. Thank you.
Have a better answer then: on the development branch the fix already exists -- certain scripting commands were removed and replaced with other (hopefully) more secure ones; no ETA on when the stable branch will be patched with this change, as (besides all the missions and scripts that would be broken by these changes -- as they are on dev branch) there's a bunch of other changes going on in dev branch that aren't quite "ready for prime time" yet.

Have a better answer then...

Thank you for your answer. Full support to dev team. Lets hope it will be soon so we can play for what we pay.

Because of how the dev build works, if you can download that (right-click Arma 3 Alpha in Steam Library, click Properties in its context menu, click Betas tab, click Development build in the drop-down menu, click OK, wait for files to download) you can play right now. :p

However, I stand corrected, your stable build should be hotfixed in the next few days but it will not stop all MP hacks, only hopefully defeat "this most simplest form":

It is planned to update the default branch with the current hotfix this week (target: Thursday). It should: reduce the ease with which this exploit spreads through all servers and it should stop this most simplest form of scripted exploit. It will definitely not: stop all hacks in Alpha MP.

Dedicated (third-party) anti-cheat solutions have not yet been added during the Alpha for which we have our reasons. As soon as we can, we will start rolling these out. This should help with some of the more advanced hacks.

Again, dev build is basically a "not really ready for prime time" build, there's no internal QA done and no set schedule.

"It is planned to update the default branch with the current hotfix this week (target: Thursday)"

http://alpha.arma3.com/sitrep-00009

BTW, that was not a trolling answer. It's a reference to a common John Carmack (Doom, Quake) answer on when a game'll be finished.

http://kotaku.com/5931411/john-carmack-says-doom-4-will-be-done-when-its-done

Lets just hope its soon.
The plan is for the patch to go out tomorrow.

Lets just hope its soonTM.
Fixed it for you!

Wrong company!

Anyway, I would rather have "good" than "soon".

The AI is as good as any injected hacks, I was not around during ARMA 2 if it was hack which I'm pretty sure it was so I would expect it.

It's really sad, I was on a server last night were a hacker was sitting on spawn blowing everything up.