Sign in to follow this  
smokedog3para

A3 :p\ drive setup info

I test Bushlurker method and unfortunatly I have a bug with buldozer.

When I launch it, this error pop up: No entry "Config.bin.tolltipdelay".

Ok, I found out the problem. I forget to add the Arma3 addon core in my "P" folder.

Edited by Cool=Azroul13

Hey guys

I pick up this great Thread, because i have some questions...

1. I setting up my P Drive as described, is it correct, that i.e. the named folders "structures_f_data" or "structures_f_ind" must be in "structures_f" as subfolder or must i create new folders (i.e. structures_f_data ??) for this stuff to work properly after finishing the map ?

2. I put some A3 Stuff inside folder "a3" and can put them on map in visitor. Is it possible to rotate the hole map inside Bulldozer or is it fixed like the Editormaps and it's only possible to rotate objects ?

My last question is a general question...

I checked out Mondkalb's BiWiki Tutorial (link)... there is the regular folder "ca"... why is this not used by arma 3 ?

Thanks guys for your answers... :)

Edited by Phantom

If I was you I would just download and run mikeros arma3p program. It will unpack all the a3 pbos and place them in the correct structure automatically.

While mondkalbs tutorial can be adapted to the a3 terrain for now the ca folders have been replaced with a3 in arma3

It's only possible to rotate objects in visitor. The terrain is fixed to however you import it

Thank you for this information !! Perfect... :)

Maybe i have more questions later, but at this point, thanks for helping me !! :)

ExtractPbo.exe complains it's missing mfc110.DLL

Same with the latest Eliteness.

I'm running 64-bit and after checking both system32 and SysWow folders mfc110.DLL is present

I used the latest credist.exe from Microsoft which is the 2012 version of the visual c++ redistributable

What's strange is eliteness 2.61 hooks the .dll just fine.

I did most of the work extracting via eliteness. I just prefer the power of the command line.

Me again... need Help again... :)

I try to use mikeros' arma3p, but it stopp working at ..\Addons\dubbing_radio_f_data.pbo !! If i press ESC, arma3p do 3 more actions and closed. I have the Dev Branch, must i use the regular Beta or doesn't matter for this ?? What can be the problem ??

Help welcome... :)

Are you sure it's a actually freezing because I just ran it the other day and it worked fine. I know there are a few huge pbos that take quite a while to unpack.

\Addons\dubbing_radio_f_data.pbo

If I remember correctly this pbo is an enormous filesize...

Mikeros Arma3p correctly attempts to unpack ALL of your game files to the P:\ drive - while less important for the O2/Model guys, this IS important for us terrain guys - BinPBO in particular, is a mysterious bugger, and could conceivably want a little look at all sorts of not-strictly-terrain-related configs, for example, in unexpected places when it's binarizing... Worse still, it generally doesn't complain if it doesn't find them, just quietly screws up... :(

Not what we generally want!, so to avoid any issues whatsoever, Mikes tool takes the "whole game" approach...

However - the particular .pbo you mention is a sounds/audio one - it's a pretty safe bet it isn't really required to be unpacked to P:\

I'd suggest you - carefully! - REMOVE that pbo from your Addons folder - do the Arma3P run, then equally carefully, REPLACE it... it'll save Arma3P tripping up over that one and it won't make any difference to your final tools.....

B

@m1km8n

no, not 100% sure, that it freezed... i wait over 15 minutes, nothing happend !!

@Bushlurker

I will try this later this day, thanks for tip...

Thanks guys for helping me...

greetings

Edit : Yes baby, arma3p needs 50 minutes (with ssd^^) to finish his work... but - it's finished !! I've tested Bushlurkers solution too, worked also fine (needs ~35 mins) !! :)

So far, so good... thanks again for this time...

Edited by Phantom

@m1km8n

no, not 100% sure, that it freezed... i wait over 15 minutes, nothing happend !!

@Bushlurker

I will try this later this day, thanks for tip...

Thanks guys for helping me...

greetings

Edit : Yes baby, arma3p needs 50 minutes (with ssd^^) to finish his work... but - it's finished !! I've tested Bushlurkers solution too, worked also fine (needs ~35 mins) !! :)

So far, so good... thanks again for this time...

50 minutes? i just copied all the .pbo's from addons to A3 folder in p:/ the used PBO Manager to extract each one into its folder and then deleted the pbo, took me no longer than 10minutes total.

Had no problem during Alpha stage of ARMA 3 with VIS3 after this setup guid.

Now after Public Release I getting this error message as soon I try run buldozer on my island in VIS3:

ErrorMessage: Shaders not valid (mismatch of exe and data?)

This the changes I done after A3 Public release before starting up VIS3 and run Buldozer:

* updated the Core & Bin on /P: drive

* Placed new A3.exe and rename it buldozer on P

* The path on System preferences in VIS3 is still: "p:\arma3.exe" -window -buldozer -exThreads=8 -noPause

Suggestions, help plz?

dont forget dta file also go P direct with productcpp/bin in there

look at bin folder see if there is file shader of 0 kb and replace this and restart see if it fix too maybe ?

dont forget dta file also go P direct with productcpp/bin in there

look at bin folder see if there is file shader of 0 kb and replace this and restart see if it fix too maybe ?

Thx very much that just fixed it!! :)

Well when Im allready making post about VIS3 problems I have this problem still with A3 nightsky not showing up as it should, anyone?

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?156990-Help-with-A3-night-sky-to-show-up

for obect problem download A1 mlods and when binarising put them in place ( only the ones that rport bad 54/58 in bin log )

obviously whn using bulldozer for devving you nee to put a3 ones back .

as for air_dot i presume thats something between dev branch and stable maybe you need to change from an old config / model that is not current with the build in your a3 folder

Hi,

I made a p.\ drive following all instructions ( many thanks: really clear and simple). Unfortunatly when I run buldozer ("p:\arma3.exe" -window -buldozer -exThreads=8 -noPause ) I get these error messages:

1) config.bin.tooltipdelay

and then

2) config.bin/cfgInGameUI/Cursor.known_target

Finally buldozer ens with a black screen.

Can you help me understanding what I'm doing wrong? I couldn't find anything like that in literature nor in posts.

Thanks,

Frank

Solution found! It Was a problem of corrupted files in the core directory.

I hope this will Help someone else!

Frank

Hi,

I got the same problem as documented by Sealife with default.p3d and skyobject.p3d. The log report says bad file 54. I could fix the problem for default.p3d by replacing with oltre version of default.p3d. Unfortunatly I couldnt find another file for skyobject.p3d. Did anybody have the same problem and how fixed?

Thanks,

Frank

thought I would do a clean install after the last update , but when I now run Arma3P.BETA i now get "bad sha DETECTED" dpbo corrupted sha key.

any idea's ?

HELLO.

I get msg when decompressing the file air_f_gamma.pbo, but the file is decompressed normally ..

"

Warning Bad Sha detected

Warning calculate = ............... '

Warning Should be = '........'

Content Warning extracted regardless

DePbo corrupted sha key "

only in this pbo. Any idea?

Edited by VovoNauta

Hi All hoping one of you Visitor gurus can help. My island shows up in game except no clutter is showing. I think my configs are ok as I get no errors when binarizing. The problem seems to come down to the "required addons" in the config.cpp. I've followed the details on the 1st thread and created an A3 folder in the root of P:\ inside that is A3\plants_f (which has been unbinarized). In visitor I can manually place clutter down as a test, but no matter what addon I put in the "required addons" field, when the game starts it posts an error that my map requires that addon. I've made a folder in the root of Arma3 as follows "@mymap\addons\plants_f.pbo".

I'm only using the plants_f addon in the island at present as I want to get it working with clutter before I add anything else.

This is what I've done so far

I've replaced my bin and core files with Arma3 unbinarised versions in P:\

copied Arma3.exe to root of P: and pointed Visitor to that exe

created an A3 folder in P: and inside that is Plants_f

Placed clutter manually on the map to see if it shows up in Visitor (it does)

Created an A3 folder in root of Arma3 and then created an addons folder inside that then put the plants_f.pbo inside

heres the 1st couple of lines in my config.cpp

-----------------------------------------------------

#define _ARMA_

class CfgPatches

{

class BPmap

{

units[] = {"mymap"};

weapons[] = {};

requiredVersion = 0.1;

requiredAddons[] = {"plants_f"};

author[] = {"Auss"};

authorUrl = "";

};

---------------------------------------------------------------

There's no need to have Plants_f.pbo in a modfolder - it's part of the game already, so the clutter models are already available...

Assuming you've followed standard terrain procedure, you should have made a CfgClutter.hpp file at some point, which defines all your clutter types. A common beginners mistake is to copy the stock BI terrain clutter definitions - that in itself is fine, but you MUST change the classnames...

EG:

class GdtGrassDry: Default

If you use this definition as it stands in your terrain, then "GdtGrassDry" is basically being defined twice - and that causes conflicts, and problems such as clutter not showing on one or the other of the terrains which use that definition...

Something like...

class BPmapGrassDry: Default

.. would work fine though...

Check your clutter definitions - make sure you aren't using BI classnames - if you are - personalise them, rebinarize and try in-game...

B

thanks for the replay, I put the plants in my mod folder to test whether it would see the pbo, it didnt. I understand that it doesnt need to be there, I've made a few islands for Arma1 so I'm familiar with the procedure, i'm just stumped on this issue. I'd changed the default name as below, an extract of my Config.cpp.

class clutter

{

class bp_grasssmall

{

model = "A3\plants_f\clutter\c_grass_Bunch_small.p3d";

affectedByWind = 0.7;

swLighting = 1;

scaleMin = 0.85;

scaleMax = 1.1;

};

class bp_grassdry

{

model = "A3\plants_f\clutter\c_Grass_Dry.p3d";

affectedByWind = 0.7;

swLighting = 1;

scaleMin = 0.85;

scaleMax = 1.1;

};

class bp_grassgreen

{

model = "A3\plants_f\clutter\c_Grass_Green.p3d";

affectedByWind = 0.7;

swLighting = 1;

scaleMin = 0.85;

scaleMax = 1.1;

};

class bp_grasstuft

{

model = "A3\plants_f\clutter\c_Grass_TuftDry.p3d";

affectedByWind = 0.7;

swLighting = 1;

scaleMin = 0.85;

scaleMax = 1.1;

};

};

class CfgSurfaces

{

class Default {};

class Water {};

class bushgrassSurface : Default

{

files = "bush_roughgrass_*";

rough = 0.1;

dust = 0.1;

soundEnviron = "dirt";

soundHit = "hard_ground";

character = "bp_grassClutter";

};

};

class CfgSurfaceCharacters

{

class bp_grassClutter

{

probability[] = {0.2,0.2,0.3,0.1};

names[] = {"bp_grasssmall","bp_grassdry","bp_grassgreen","bp_grasstuft"};

};

};

---------- Post added at 17:45 ---------- Previous post was at 17:43 ----------

copy of layers.cfg

class Layers

{

class bush_sand

{

texture = "bpmap\data\bush_sand_mco.paa";

material= "bpmap\data\bush_sand.rvmat";

};

class bush_roughgrass

{

texture = "bpmap\data\bush_roughgrass_mco.paa";

material= "bpmap\data\bush_roughgrass.rvmat";

};

class bush_greycliff

{

texture = "bpmap\data\bush_greycliff_mco.paa";

material= "bpmap\data\bush_greycliff.rvmat";

};

};

class Legend

{

picture="bpmap\source\maplegend.png";

class Colors

{

bush_sand[]={{230,230,120}};

bush_roughgrass[]={{160,200,90}};

bush_greycliff[]={{120,120,121}};

---------- Post added at 17:51 ---------- Previous post was at 17:45 ----------

when i binarize I have the following settings.

Addon source directory is pointing to the map on P:

p:\bpmap

Destination directory is my mod folder in Arma3

I have clear temp folder ticked and manually delete it also.

I have *.rvmat added to list of files to copy directly, when I create the map I use text values

my "path to project folder is the same as my source path p:\bpmap

Hi again....

Aha! - Sorry... I assumed from your post count you were a New Guy... Apologies...

OK... Try this...

[color="#FF0000"]class DefaultClutter;[/color]  // assuming it's not been declared somewhere else already...
class clutter
 {
   class bp_grasssmall [color="#FF0000"]: DefaultClutter[/color]
     {	
      model = "A3\plants_f\clutter\c_grass_Bunch_small.p3d";
      affectedByWind = 0.7;
      swLighting = 1;
      scaleMin = 0.85;
      scaleMax = 1.1;
     };

and add the ": DefaultClutter" inheritance to ALL your clutter defs...

See if that helps...

B

Edited by Bushlurker

A smaller problem is the following:

class bp_grassClutter

{

probability[] = {0.2,0.2,0.3,0.1};

names[] = {"bp_grasssmall","bp_grassdry","bp_grassgreen","bp _grasstuft"};

};

You have "bp *space*_grasstuft" where it should be "bp_grasstuft". That will probably cause a misread of that clutter and it won't appear once you have all the clutter fixed. That might be an error introduced by the forum though. But checking on it won't hurt.

After you fix your clutter problem it would be a good idea to change the bush_ prefix on your textures and class names. They will probably conflict with other addons if left like that. You should use your tag (which seems to be bp) across the various elements of the project which tends to be classnames and texture names. Making your tag one letter longer wouldn't be bad either. That has been the standard for a while to avoid conflicts. Unless my math is terribly off, which it tends to be, two letters means only 676 addon makers can have tags. Adding another letter means 17,576. That is the reasoning behind it. Just a suggestion.

M1lkm8n pointed out to me that this is wrong too but not directly related to your problem right now:

class BPmap

{

units[] = {"mymap"};

The mymap should be BPmap. Both of those should be the same or it will give you the "save" bug where when you save a mission and then load it, it will load up a different terrain sometimes leading to hilarious but undesirable results.

Edited by Jakerod