Sign in to follow this  
Velyks

Radio Addon: BOWMAN (Suggestion inside)

I'm looking to start work on an addon to incorporate the BOWMAN communication system currently in trials and part usage by the British Armed Forced into ARMA3. I doubt it'll be finished before beta comes out as I have little spare time to work on it but it'll be a labor of love. (An alpha version might appear which just gives you a Map and a Nokia GPS, though by 2030 they might actually have something that works)

One thing I'd like to see from ARMA3's new engine is better integration between scripts and the voip/chat system, I'd like to be able to control nearly all aspects of a server's voip using scripts to define what channels are available, what they're called and look like, who can hear them, and how loud they are. Most of this already seems feasable considering that direct chat contains several of these features. I'd like to be able to make ACRE-styled addons without the need for third party applications and plugins.

I'll keep the thread up to date with any progress and eventually a feature list!

As of yet the VOIP functionality and quality hasn't really improved since ArmA 2. One can wish that they build on it since ACRE is such a big part of the experience when it comes to playing Arma seriously.

well voip quality has certainly improved as it's configurable to "30" now which is a much higher codec than the old "10" (I can't remember the exact frequency range for each). As for functionality.... well yes it's basically the same since 2001.