This mod is a simple CFG Patches, you'll find your hang on load is probably dude to some bug in an update somewhere. I've been using this from the start and never had any issues.

The hang is caused by the blood mist addon, launching without starts normally but launching with causes a 2 minute hang.

I run the stable version and it hasn't had an update for about a week.

I'm not complaining :) I seen before downloading it that people were having issues with it hanging, It only hangs when you launch the game and i only launch it once so i don't mind it.

One of my mates angrily uninstalled the addon because it caused him a 10-minute wait every single time he launched the game. In order to verify that Blood Mist is the culprit he started ArmA3 vanilla which worked as expected and then ArmA3 with Blood Mist which caused the wait. For this experiment he had deactivated all other addons.

I haven't had any problem with Blood Mist and I use it all the time. We both run ArmA3 stable.

It must be incredibly difficult to fix this issue if some people experience it and others don't.

you guys activating mod from launch parameters or activating mods through expansions menu in game?

Expansion menu here...

Yay!

I did test this mod few weeks ago on my ArmA 3 installment and blood effect was strange. Hitting the target caused winding the blood drops into the sky! I don' know if that means blood is an particle effect in A3 or just a texture? Gonna install it today and see the result.

BTW. It would be nice to see blood left on walls, rocks, stairs etc.

I really like the idea of this mod.

Infact it would be nice if this would become vanilla. Its a line between simulator and other shooters you can argue about that, but some kind of hit confirmation is highly appreciated. Does not need to be gore ish. Just so you know you hit the enemy and don't have to rely on the falling body animation which can be somewhat unreliable in multiplayer with a slow server and lags.

Right, fambaa! I think that Blood Mist does the trick. It works pretty well as hit confirmation withour beeing too gory. At short range it is not really necessary because we easily recognize the blood stains on the uniforms. But at long range Blood Mist tells you whether your oponent hits the dirt or bites the dust.

In my opinion the original blood effects need work. I really hope to see an update of some sort or even just a High option.

I love the idea of this mod but hoping we can step it up from here and add more blood effects in game or tweak the mist as others have mentioned. Some blood spatter on walls or puddles on ground would be amazing. I can only hope this gets updated whether it be from BIS directly or someone from the community.

Why in Arma3 did BIS de-tune the blood effects? The game is rated Mature 17+ so why the need to be so PG-13 here? I wouldn't argue against dismemberment either with grenades and what not. TBH it really should be in game at this point as long as there's an option to turn it off why not. It really adds to the realism and immersion and fear/suspense of staying alive.

• Like 1

Tmoney, i dont know if you have seen this already but there is a sound mod called SpeedOfSound.

Within that mod, there is a .pbo that increases the blood splash and the Gibs, its called speedofsound_gibs.pbo. i think. I am not sure if you have to use it with all the other parts of the mod but if you just want to try the gibs(blood, meatchunks) try running that mod and see if you like it?

Thanks I do have that mod but not crazy about some of the sounds. I didn't know those effects were from the sound mod (who would've thought?) but I do remember the red chunky triangle things. Not sure I like it very much though, plus I think it hinders performance since there seems to be no limit on the particles it will probably eat all available memory. I see people were complaining about FPS issues with this mod and currently I have it disabled myself. In any case I posted in that thread to find out more info on what else it changes unrelated to sound. I don't understand why those effects be part of a sound mod? Some changes I may like and since it's modular I would like to know more details.

I like how in Arma 2 there is a low and high blood setting. Seems Arma3 got locked onto low. Did BIS think the game was too violent?? Makes no sense to me.

Is anybody still running this?

Are there any problems with it?

Does it run with ACE3?

Should it not perhaps be built into ACE3 as a feature ?

Are you saying it like "i wish ACE3 had it" or "ACE3 already has it"? I don't understand.

Yes it still works no problem, dont know about ace, very small file.. why not download it and try?

My suggestion was really around small mods like this - really bits of code - they would be perfect to build into the Open source submission element of ACE - seems a good feature that could be toggled on and off for user preference.

Not sure if the original Author is still around thought...

I guess it's worth asking ACE3 guys if they're interested in this then.